AuthorTopic: Joe's Newz Channel  (Read 325811 times)

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Joe's Newz Channel
« Reply #1380 on: June 21, 2015, 07:51:24 AM »
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1381 on: June 21, 2015, 07:55:22 AM »
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: June 21, 2015, 08:27:20 AM »

bloggingblue as in blue state?  Another sjw circlejirk where they cry about the flight to the right instead of dealing with their image i imagine. Next time u want to tell me my business tell it to my face.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 08:29:22 AM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Diner Bar Etiquette, Policy & Protocol in Barfights
« Reply #1383 on: June 21, 2015, 08:46:25 AM »
Me, I think of the Diner blog as the restaurant and the Forum as the bar.  And in bars, occasionally bar fights break out!

That's a good analogy.

Like any bar that attracts a rough crowd, you gotta have Bouncers.  When things get out of hand, the bouncer picks what appears to him to be the worst offenders and throws them out the door.  He doesn't ask for opinions or put it up for a vote.

In this establishment, I'm both the Proprietor AND the Chief Bouncer.  I also take responsibility and Ownership for what the other Bouncers pitch out the door, whether it's an individual post or the member who has had too much too drink.

So far, although some have come mighty close (aka F-Bomb, Moriarty and KK), nobody has been permanently kicked out the door.  After letting them cool their heels a while, I lift some restrictions and give them another shot.  Right now, KK has the full 9 yards of restrictions, she is completely muzzled on the Diner.  Can't even post up with moderation.  Moriarty remains under Posting with Moderation. Nobody else has posting restrictions at the moment.  Even F-Bomb could post up if he ever decided to do so.  I have occassionally seen him signed in, so I know he still lurks out there.

It's often said that in Polite Company you shouldn't talk about Politics, Religion or Sex.  There's a reason for that, people get hot under the collar on these topics.  However, those are the favorite topics of Diners.  :icon_mrgreen:  After Economics, they're pretty high on my list of topics worthwhile for discussion too.  What this means though is periodically people will get pissed off and a BARFIGHT will ensue.

Now, if one of the Bouncers and a Patron get in a fight, who do you think is going to get pitched out the door?  The Patron, duh.  So, in the case of telling GO to "lighten up" in the bar fight he was getting into with Surly over Libertarianism vs Leftyism, GO should know by now that his view is not popular here on the Diner, if he's going to espouse it he is going to get into fights.  If he wants to patronize a bar where the other patrons will buy him drinks ad slap him on the back for his Libertarian views, he should be drinking at the TBP bar, not the Diner bar.

Far as how many newbies we do or do not attract because we either are too raucous or too boring, I stopped worrying about that a while back.  It's mainly the Diner Blog which most people come to read.  I keep the Bar open as a service to the Regulars, and because I like drinking at the bar too!  :icon_mrgreen:  I also don't mind a few fights, but patrons gotta realize while I am a pretty patient guy, when I think it is getting too nasty, SOMEBODY is going to get pitched out the door.  It's probably NOT going to be one of the other Bouncers.

To me, these are CFS Principles.  I don't see why you folks have so much trouble grasping them.  :icon_scratch:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #1384 on: June 21, 2015, 05:24:59 PM »

:emthup: :emthup: :emthup:

I have not laughed so hard in YEARS! That was HILARIOUS!

Carry their own chalk! 

Just curious, but do you think they sell gold plated chalk holders? ...     

Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1385 on: June 21, 2015, 08:18:02 PM »

:emthup: :emthup: :emthup:

I have not laughed so hard in YEARS! That was HILARIOUS!

Carry their own chalk! 

Just curious, but do you think they sell gold plated chalk holders? ...     

Indeed they do:

Perfect for holiday giving.

Beat the holiday rush and order now.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: August 04, 2017, 01:02:39 AM »
When I see these pictures,Joe, I am speechless .At a loss for words. I have no halfass bitter wisecracks. The same would be true for pictures of Nagasaki or Dresden or other disasters which my country has been behind as Hillary Clinton, the CIA, the Zionists, and all the other slime associated with them. Aleppo was once a very beautiful place visited by literary and sensitive people. The United States is truly a nest of evil minds out to destroy the entire world, something Hitler was once accused of doing. But see how politically correct these Americans are now that they have turned the tide and can do unto others what they once inveighed against! Only evil lurks in the very being of man. If mankind was created by intelligent design, it was a very Satanic intelligent design, as in God, the perpetrator of the most EVIL kind. With a God like that Mankind never stood a chance. Watch it all unfold. There is and will be no end to it until there is nothing left. DAMN the whole idea of GOD.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 04, 2017, 01:02:46 AM »
"Joey Boy" was a halfassed  horsing around term of endearment and "your way" referencing Frank Sinatra's "I did it my way" pointed to your dislike of personal fights on the diner. Always many layers, Joe. Hopefully.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 04, 2017, 01:03:22 AM »
Joe I know you have a full time job and also monitor all this news for the diner so I don't know how much you want to go into this or what you've read before. Yesterday I posted on the

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 04, 2017, 01:03:30 AM »
Yes GO: This is really really hard. Especially since my cat has never flown and gets car sick. But there's too much danger in Mexico in my opinion. Impossible to drive there. Even worse than Romania. In Mexico as I have read about it, the journalists are being killed and dumped as well as rival drug dealers. I certainly thought about it. Sure it's closer.( I started to say" to home," damn it all.") Of course I don't know anything about Oaxa where El G is. But I think this. I think the small states in the periphery of the EU are not going to stay in the EU. Orban is leading the way as in JUST SAY NO TO THE EU, and the IMF i might add. If I could only put on my SZEKELY boots, click the heels thrice and say, "Take me home, take me home, take me home."

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Joe's Newz Channel/21 facts etc.
« Reply #1390 on: August 04, 2017, 01:04:02 AM »
really regret.