PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Joe's Newz Channel

AuthorTopic: Joe's Newz Channel  (Read 360277 times)

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Facials for the Cops
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2012, 05:06:18 PM »
Agelbert,

A sincere "thank you" for the comprehensive reply to my question "Any guess on what the 'world' currency will be named?"

You covered a lot of ground there.  I've only read your reply once, but I can say that I definitely agree with "the elite want to eliminate physical forms of currency that people can use to buy and sell away from the eyes of data mining software"

We can "bank on that".
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:12:32 PM by JoeP »
just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Lord Rothschild takes £130m bet against the euro
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2012, 05:40:10 PM »
For some reason I took a second look at the photo:

And then I wondered "what is that thing near the right corner of The Lord's mouth?"  Foam from anticipating the huge returns of his newly placed bet?  Maybe it was photoshopped? Or maybe it's a herpes blister ready to ooze puss down on his $4,ooo custom knit silk/gator blend necktie?

« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 05:56:03 PM by JoeP »

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Joe's Newz Channel
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2012, 06:47:02 PM »
Any guess on what the "world" currency will be named?

Quatloos

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2012, 03:42:39 AM »
Agelbert,

I have no argument with "the dollar is just as fucked as the the Euro", but it may make a difference to some folks which currency is ass-fucked sooner versus later.

Any guess on what the "world" currency will be named?

The new world currency will be named GOLD or be a legitimate derivative of it. You can count on that, always was the worlds currency, always will be in my opinion.   :icon_study:
20g1922
20g1922

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Barnhardt: 'If You're Still in These Markets...
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2012, 02:59:04 PM »
Quote from: WHD
In relation to that 7th circuit Sentinel case, mentioned by Ann Barnhardt, I read the court judgement. Fucking astounding. It really is an exercise in pathological jurisprudence. It makes clear, unless prosecutors present an email or memo or recorded conversation in which someone is saying, "We are going to transfer these segregated funds with the intention to steal them," the courts will not ever from this point on prevent outright fraud in the markets; no matter how much money is "lost", no one in the financial industry will EVER be held responsible. A high court precedence excusing outright fraud. It really is a totally lawless environment now, OFFICIALLY.

In case you're interested, Jesse and Whalen have weighed in on the 7th Circuit Sentinel case:

From Jesse:
Warren Pollock and Ann Barnhardt On the Increased Risk to Customers In the US Financial System

From Whalen:
How Congress Helps the TBTF Banks Steal Your Money with Impunity

« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 03:09:17 PM by JoeP »

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Robin Hood mayor vows to occupy banks
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2012, 03:14:53 PM »
Robin Hood mayor vows to occupy banks
By Miles Johnson in Madrid

For Spain’s ruling politicians he is a criminal; for his supporters he is Robin Hood, stealing from supermarkets and redistributing the food to the poor.

Juan Manuel Sánchez Gordillo, the mayor of Marinaleda, a southern town with a population of 2,600, has been catapulted to cult hero status in Spain after setting out this week on an anti-austerity march across Andalucia – occupying banks and stealing food, and enraging the government of Mariano Rajoy.

Earlier this month Mr Sánchez Gordillo stood outside a supermarket with cheering supporters as trade unionists piled food into shopping trolleys and left without paying, later donating the items to food banks for the poor. The raid resulted in seven arrests.

The 59-year-old is also a member of the regional parliament, and enjoys immunity from prosecution. He says he will forgo this right on the march, which began this week with about 500 supporters.

“We are fighting a war for the poor ... going to jail is not important for me, it would be an honour,” Mr Sánchez Gordillo told the Financial Times.

“We are going to occupy all of the banks and supermarkets we are able to in Andalucia. The robbers who have caused this crisis must pay the consequences for what they have done.”

Mr Sánchez Gordillo, who wears a large beard and often sports a keffiyeh-style scarf, said he was attacking banks for repossessing the homes of people unable to pay their mortgages, and supermarkets for damaging local farmers.

“The euro is a fraud that enriches some and impoverishes the rest ... There are families going hungry, and small farmers who are ruined. We are asking for a change of the political model.”

His actions have infuriated Spain’s ruling Popular party, which has called for him to be stripped of his seat for the United Left party in Andalucia’s parliament.

“One can’t be Robin Hood and at the same time earning a salary as the sheriff of Nottingham,” said Alfonso Alonso, parliamentary spokesman for the ruling PP in Spain’s parliament.

“This man is looking for publicity at the cost of everyone else, and above all at the cost of the image of Spain,” he said.

During its first seven months in power, Mr Rajoy’s government has implemented swingeing austerity measures that have damaged his popularity and triggered waves of demonstrations by public workers.

Andalucia, Spain’s largest region by population, has 30 per cent unemployment – the highest of any region within the European Union. It has become a focal point for the government’s drive to rein in regional spending, and earlier this month Madrid clashed with the southern region over new budget cuts.

“This could close 19 hospitals, all of the Andalucian health service, or get rid of 60,000 public workers, one in four of the local governments workforce,” José Antonio Griñán, the region’s leader, said earlier this month.

On Friday, the marchers, who plan to sleep in the open or in parks, occupied a branch of Banco Santander in the town of Mancha Real in the province of Jaén before leaving later in the day.

Diego Canamero, head of the Andalucian Workers Union, was in the branch on Friday. He said critics of the protests were politicians protecting their own interests.

“These are symbolic actions against an unsustainable economic situation,” he said. “The bankers rob us, and take our money to tax havens, and the political parties are corrupt. We live in a culture of robbery.”

Mr Canamero said the marchers were under tight police surveillance, but they would try and “redistribute food for the most needy” if they could. Only staple items such as sugar, olive oil, milk and rice were being taken.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/f1b089d2-e885-11e1-8397-00144feab49a.html#axzz248SXh6bW

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Bloggers Protect Farmers in Vietnam
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2012, 03:22:49 PM »
Web snares Vietnam as bloggers spread protests over land
By Stuart Grudgings | Reuters – Sun, Aug 19, 2012

HANOI (Reuters) - Farmer Le Dung and his fellow villagers stockpiled rocks and petrol bombs to battle police trying to take over their land for a luxury property development near Vietnam's capital city.

But their most powerful weapon turned out to be the equipment they had set up with the help of Internet activists to record and broadcast the confrontation, which was ignored by state-controlled media.

Within hours of the fight on a clear April morning, video of several thousand police firing tear gas and beating farmers in the Van Giang district just east of Hanoi had gone viral.

The unlikely alliance between farmers and urban Internet activists illustrates a rapidly evolving challenge to the Communist government's authority as Vietnamese grow bolder in their protests over issues ranging from land rights to corruption and China's expanding regional influence.

click here for complete article

« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 03:26:13 PM by JoeP »

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Crime and Pussy Riot: The Missing Story
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2012, 06:49:46 AM »
This article contains Faith No More bass player Bill Gould’s opinion of how a typical? Russian views the recent crackdown on Pussy Riot:

Crime and Pussy Riot: The Missing Story

snip:

“One thing I learned from 14 years in and out of Russia is that there is a whole lot I will never understand about that country and their mentality — I’m a Californian, not a Scythian. That said, I sure as Hell understand it far better than the “experts” who have a remarkable talent for constantly getting wrong every single thing involving Russia, sometimes with disastrous consequences — neocon dopes like Anne Applebaum or Thomas Friedman, mondo-hacks like the Washington Post's Fred Hiatt, or our dear Ambassador Michael McFaul ...

Which brings me to the part of the Pussy Riot story that the Western won’t touch: A huge number of Russians, many of them decent Russians, many of them the type we consider “our” Russians — want to get medieval on the Pussy Riot girls, string them up in Red Square, and make it hurt. Like I said, this anger comes not just from the reactionary peasant caricatures or KGB Putin goons or crusty Commies — but from “our” Russians too, educated yuppie-Russians, indie-rock/hipster Russians, student Russians, anti-Putin Russians ...

Hell, even a sizable portion of the hundreds of thousands who protested Putin earlier this year would be found in a lynch mob against the Pussy Riot girls. You thought what those Russians were protesting was the chance to become just like freedom-loving Nebraskans? (Wait, are there freedom-loving Nebraskans?) If you got that impression from the anti-Putin protests, you don’t know Russians very well.”

A member of Pussy Riot, Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, before the sentence announcement in Hamovnichesky court in Moscow on August 17th, 2012.

click here for complete article

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
"Sovereign Citizens" Extremist Suspectz
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2012, 03:35:19 PM »
Suspects in deputy killings linked to extremists
Cain Burdeau
The Associated Press
Published: Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 6:01 a.m.

NEW ORLEANS — At least some of the seven people arrested in a fatal shootout with Louisiana deputies have been linked to violent anarchists on the FBI's domestic terrorism watch lists, a sheriff said Saturday.

Detectives had been monitoring the group before Thursday's shootout in Laplace in which two deputies were killed and two more wounded, said DeSoto Parish Sheriff Rodney Arbuckle. His detectives and other law enforcement discovered the suspects were heavily armed adherents to an ideology known as the “sovereign citizens” movement.

The FBI has classified “sovereign citizens” as people who believe they are free from all duties of a U.S. citizen, like paying taxes. The FBI considers the group's members a danger for making threats to judges and law enforcement, using fake currency and impersonating police officers.

The seven suspects have been charged in the shooting of Deputy Michael Scott Boyington, who survived. But authorities have said murder charges are pending.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation said it was investigating the killings but declined to comment Saturday and referred questions to the Louisiana State Police, the lead investigating agency.

Arrested were the group's apparent leader, 44-year-old Terry Smith, his wife, Chanel Skains, 37, and his two sons, Derrick Smith, 22, and Brian Lyn Smith, 24. Also arrested were Brittney Keith, the girlfriend of Brian Smith; Kyle David Joekel, 28, and a woman living with him, 21-year-old Teniecha Bright.

Brian Smith was charged with attempted first-degree murder and the others with related charges.

Detectives in Tennessee, Nebraska and Louisiana have sketched a portrait of an outlaw gang led by a 44-year-old accused molester named Terry Smith, who has a criminal record dating to 1984 in Morehouse Parish, the Times-Picayune reported Saturday.

Morehouse Parish Sheriff Mike Stubbs said the Smith family was notorious. He said they lived for a long time in a house on the outskirts of Bastrop.

“We had a good bit of dealings with them,” he said. He said the Smith brothers had been involved in theft and drugs.

Arbuckle, reached by telephone, said his deputies had the group under surveillance and considered them armed and dangerous before they suddenly left his parish about two months ago. He said they had set up camp at a mobile home park while they working at an International Paper plant.

The sheriff said deputies became suspicious after they investigated a reported burglary in May at the park's laundry. The detectives discovered members wanted under warrants issued in Tennessee, Nebraska and Louisiana.

“Once we had them on our radar we started doing research on them,” he said. Arbuckle said his detectives monitored the group until they left in November.

Sovereign citizens are a loosely organized movement founded in the 1970s and more fully developed in the 1980s, according to the Anti-Defamation League website. Sovereign citizens believe that all levels of government have no jurisdiction over them and resist — sometimes with violence — authority including police, the website said.

They also like to use what is dubbed “paper terrorism.” It involves using frivolous lawsuits and fake documents and of using genuine documents such as IRS forms to intimidate, harass and coerce public officials, law enforcement officers and private citizens.

Arbuckle said his detectives could easily have been the victims instead of the St. John the Baptist Parish deputies killed and wounded. Deputies Brandon Nielsen and Jeremy Triche were killed and along with Boyington, Jason Triche was wounded. The Triches were somehow related, authorities said.

“We understand they had some pretty good firepower,” Arbuckle said. “This very well could have been us” in the gunfight, he said.

He said the group traveled the country in trailers doing construction work and possessed a stockpile of weapons.

They were arrested after an early morning assault on Boyington led to the deadly shootout in the mobile home park in Laplace, a suburb west of New Orleans. Boyington was shot at the entrance of a parking lot used by contract workers on a job at a nearby oil refinery. He was working off-duty on a security detail at the lot.

Shortly thereafter, the other deputies were shot at the trailer park where a car involved in the first shooting was spotted.

Joekel and Brian Smith were hospitalized with gunshot wounds and will be jailed once they are out of the hospital. The others were jailed with bonds ranging from $350,000 to $750,000.

The Gage County, Neb., Sheriff's Office website listed Joekel among its most wanted fugitives, saying he is accused of making “terroristic threats” to patrons of a Nebraska bar and law enforcement officials.

Sgt. Len Marie, a state police spokesman, said investigators were amassing evidence. He said the agency had received the reports from the DeSoto sheriff and other law enforcement agencies in other states. He said the FBI and Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms was involved.

He said it was too early to verify links to the extremist groups associated with the sovereign citizen movement.

“We are confident that we have the people responsible for this in custody,” Marie said.

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20120819/ARTICLES/120819585
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 03:39:09 PM by JoeP »

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
End Times: An Era of Multiple Crises
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2012, 03:51:36 PM »
End Times: An Era of Multiple Crises
Saman Mohammadi

This is the era of multiple, prolonged, and deep crises. They touch on every facet of modern life: the political, economic, social, spiritual, scientific, cosmic, and personal.

The media construction of these modern crises merely touches the surface. Also, fake crises are invented by the oligarchical system that is ruling the planet to take the place of real crises in the public consciousness. This is done in order to distract the people from noticing the real structural crises and doing something to address their roots, which means overthrowing the oligarchical system.

Below, I've listed what I think are ten of the most profound crises, with brief descriptions of each of them.

click here to continue reading article

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Romney, Bain Capital, Cayman Islands, and BP
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2012, 06:18:52 AM »
Interesting updates with regard to legal issues in the following post from Yves at Naked Capitalism:

Gawker Releases Trove of Records on 21 Romney-Owned Bain Caymans Entities

Amusing comment from Richard Kline:

"I get the strong impression that Bain was a money-laundering shop for dirty plutocrats to stash a nest egg outside regulatory and tax scrutiny. The actual ‘investments’ were the nominal show. The real action was in the offshore stashes (and likely leverage worked against them in turn). The key wasn’t ‘profits’ but ‘secrecy.’ Hmmm. So the CEO of the new, downsized BCCI wants to be POTUS? While his VP wants to assign what future taxes are collected by the Feds to the oligarchs in the form of kick-back ‘tax breaks?’ This is it, folks: Neo-Feudalism, the trial model. Yeah it’s squeaky and jokey now, but down the pike the training wheels come off and some bodies with real competance take it for a spin at public expense because at least 40% of the electorate really _are_ that dumb."

And then there’s How Bain Capital helped BP blow up the Deepwater Horizon which may not be newz to some (published in June 2012), but I had not seen it before.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:22:17 AM by JoeP »

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Facials for the Fuzz
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2012, 06:06:47 PM »
Anyone here ever walk the streets of a city?  You have probably been TRAPWIRED!  I think I may have posted something on TRAPWIRE previously.  Here's the latest development:

FBI Agrees to Share Facial Recognition Searches with All Police Departments

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Police departments across the United States will soon have access to facial recognition software developed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

Under the expanding pilot project, the FBI will provide its Universal Face Workstation to police for free. The program will allow local law enforcement to compare photos of suspects against a repository of nearly 13 million criminal mug shots.

Michigan was the first state to gain access to the software under a pilot project launched earlier this year.

Five other states (Hawaii, Maryland, South Carolina, Ohio and New Mexico) have signed memorandums of understanding with the FBI to use the workstations.

In addition, Kansas, Arizona, Tennessee, Nebraska and Missouri are interested in participating in the program.

U.S. Senator Al Franken (D-Minnesota) has expressed some reservations regarding the facial recognition software, saying there is currently no law regulating its use by police.

“Facial recognition creates acute privacy concerns that fingerprints do not,” Franken said at a hearing of the Senate Judiciary Committee’s subcommittee on privacy, technology and the law. “Once someone has your faceprint, they can get your name, they can find your social networking account and they can find and track you in the street, in the stores you visit, the government buildings you enter, and the photos your friends post online.”

Franken added that he’s afraid the software “could be abused to not only identify protesters at political events and rallies, but to target them for selective jailing and prosecution, stifling their First Amendment rights.”

-Noel Brinkerhoff

http://www.allgov.com/news/top-stories/fbi-agrees-to-share-facial-recognition-searches-with-all-police-departments?news=845099
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:47:46 AM by JoeP »

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2012, 03:35:47 AM »
FBI Agrees to Share Facial Recognition Searches with All Police Departments

What a terrifying article. Thanks JoeP for calling attention to it.

The feeling of being watched by the goons constantly is just heart breaking and terrifying to me. What is happening to our country. When are our citizens going to say ENOUGH. If I wasn't a senior citizen I would just lay down on the floor and cry like a baby from this kind of shit going on in America. We used to make fun of the Russian's and Communists for this kind of behaviour when I was in school.   :'( :'( :'( :exp-angry: :exp-angry: :exp-angry:

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Koch brothers' non-profit hits the ground in swing states
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2012, 08:05:32 AM »
Koch brothers' non-profit hits the ground in swing states
By Fredreka Schouten, USA TODAY

GARNER, N.C. – Clutching Samsung tablets filled with interactive maps, eight conservative activists gathered in a Food Lion parking lot here on a sweltering summer afternoon to get their marching orders.

Knock on doors in this Raleigh suburb and identify residents opposed to President Obama's health care law and his stewardship of the economy — all part of an ambitious voter-outreach campaign by Americans for Prosperity, a non-profit backed by billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch that is emerging as one of biggest outside forces of the 2012 election.

click here to continue reading article

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
China's Economy: Dallas Fed Musings and Broken Bridges
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2012, 02:32:10 PM »
From the Dallas Fed: China's Slowdown May Be Worse Than Official Data Suggest......zzzzzzz.......

Nothing to worry about...I think the central planners have a trick up their sleeve and they are about to thrust the Chinese econony into a robust cycle of broken window broken bridge "growth" policy.

NINE MONTHS!...for fuck's sake...

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:04:44 PM by JoeP »