AuthorTopic: Mother Theresa: Saint or Satanic?  (Read 1403 times)

Mother Theresa: Saint or Satanic?
« on: March 19, 2016, 09:31:33 AM »

stevelendmangc2reddit-logoOff the keyboard of Stephen Lendman

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on the The Greanville Post on March 18, 2016

Mother-Teresa-9

Beatified in 2003 as “Blessed Teresa of Calcutta,” she was unjustifiably called “saint of the gutters” for allegedly helping the poorest of the poor.

Discuss this article at the Spirituality Table inside the Diner

Awarded a Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 for “humanitarian work” and “spiritual inspiration,” her legacy is notably unsaintly.

Instead of caring for the sick and needy, she hobnobbed with the world’s rich, famous and infamous, accepting large donations from dubious sources, including convicted savings & loan crook Charles Keating, Haitian dictator “Baby Doc” Duvalier, and other notorious tyrants.

After a promising beginning that aroused expectations in many quarters, Francis has shown himself to be a conventional Pope, with a lengthening roster of misfires. The fast-track canonization of a sham saint ratifies he is no enemy of the status quo. CC BY-NC-ND by Martin Schulz – EP President

Her so-called hospitals were human warehouses. Hunger and malnutrition were widespread. Sick and dying patients got little medical care from untrained nuns and other personnel – poor food and mistreatment instead under deplorable unsanitary conditions, conducive to serious illnesses and diseases.

Journalist/documentary filmmaker Donal Macintyre witnessed firsthand what went on. “Rescued” orphans were crammed into tight spaces with “hardly a breath of air between their bare metal bed frames,” he said.

Some children were strapped to beds or otherwise restrained. They had “their mouths gagged open to be given medicine, their hands flaying in distress, visible testimony to the pain they were in.”

“Tiny babies were bound with cloths at feeding time. Rough hands wrenched heads into position” to ingest deplorable food. Horrific mistreatment was commonplace, an affront to human dignity, Macintyre explained.

Cold water substituted for warm and hot. Soap and disinfectants were in short supply. “Workers washed down beds with dirty water and dirty cloths.” Macintyre “witnessed barbaric treatment of the most vulnerable.”

The nun was… a paramount example of the kind of acceptably conservative icon propagated by an elite-dominated culture, a ‘saint’ who uttered not a critical word against social injustice, and maintained cozy relations with the rich, corrupt, and powerful.”—Michael Parenti

Mother Teresa and her staff dispensed inhumane and degrading treatment. She was a sinner, not a saint, traveling the world in luxury, indulging in undeserved celebrity.

Claiming she fed thousands daily in Calcutta, it was scores at most. Alleging her school taught 5,000 children, its enrollment was less than 100.

Saying she had 102 family assistance centers in Calcutta, none existed. During area cholera epidemics and floods, she provided virtually no help for desperate people.

She spent most of her time abroad, jet-setting to Western capitals, enjoying luxuries, mindless of the suffering of sick and needy Calcutta residents she claimed to be helping.

Michael Parenti earlier called her “a paramount example of the kind of acceptably conservative icon propagated by an elite-dominated culture, a ‘saint’ who uttered not a critical word against social injustice, and maintained cozy relations with the rich, corrupt, and powerful.”

“She claimed to be above politics when in fact she was pronouncedly hostile toward any kind of progressive reform.”

Her public persona was one thing, reality entirely different, awarding her sainthood another black mark defining longstanding deplorable Vatican policy.

ABOUT STEPHEN LENDMAN

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 10.13.00 AMSTEPHEN LENDMAN lives in Chicago. He can be reached at lendmanstephen@sbcglobal.net. His new book as editor and contributor is titled “Flashpoint in Ukraine: US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III.”  ( http://www.claritypress.com/LendmanIII.html ) Visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Mother Theresa: Saint or Satanic?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 11:09:23 AM »
Another hatchet job on Mother Theresa.

Chris Hitchens started it with his book in 1995, and the story has been repeated a lot. Reading between the lines, it's obvious that Mother Theresa was a complicated person and a product of her upbringing, her religious indoctrination, and her time and place. It's easy for some writer sitting at his desk to find plenty to criticize about her low budget operations and lack of soap and clean water and so forth.

The truth is complicated, but I remain convinced that she was a well-meaning, hard working, devoted care-giver, a very special human being who did a lot of good. Sainthood is something people live, not something that gets bestowed upon them after they are dead. Whatever the Pope and the Roman Catholic Church do or don't do now, in no way negates her life and her actions, which will always speak for themselves.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 11:17:23 AM »
A lot of people out there have first person stories about Mother Theresa. This is just one I heard on the radio.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lSe6aBwCVjE&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lSe6aBwCVjE&fs=1</a>

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 11:23:47 AM »
A lot of people out there have first person stories about Mother Theresa. This is just one I heard on the radio.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lSe6aBwCVjE&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lSe6aBwCVjE&fs=1</a>

Hmm. I can't get the utoob  vid to play. Maybe it'll work for you.

Here's the audio from another source, fwiw.

http://themoth.org/posts/stories/mission-to-india

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 11:24:06 AM »
I'm neutral on the Mother Theresa question myself.  I don't think she was a consciously Evil Person, but she probably was used by TPTB for propaganda purposes.  I don't think she really did all that much good or helped all that many people, and she certainly did not put an end to the poverty and misery in India.  Maybe in a very tiny sphere she helped a few people, but it was blown all out of proportion as propaganda.  Making her a Saint is further propaganda.

It's like all the holy testimonials about Scalia after he died.  He was a scumbag while he was alive, but on dieing the MSM tells us what a brilliant SCOTUS Justice he was.

Was Mother Theresa so great really that she gets Eternal Sainthood?  I don't think so.  There are many humanitarian aid workers around the world who dedicate themselves to helping the poor, and quite a few I suspect did more than Mother Theresa over the years, just they did not get the Publicity MT did.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 11:50:55 AM »
The U-tube was pretty good.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 03:42:38 PM »
I gathered she believed suffering is beautiful so preferable. The symbolic white sari wearing, indian, Sisters of Charity came by our house a lot and one Sister Angelina liked to talk to me long long ago. They were running a sort of elder care home for aborigines.  Alcohol being a big problem with culture of everyones benefits pooled,  living in the bush by the river a lot, they probably would not have had as regular meals or beds or clean clothes without the nuns. I am against them though because it is unnatural and most often miserable for young women to renounce sex and having a family, a completely unnecessary requirement probably responsible for giving some  Sisters of Mercy a reputation for being merciless.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 03:45:10 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME