AuthorTopic: Waste of electrons  (Read 3077 times)

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Waste of electrons
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 03:13:25 PM »
The thing is, you're looking at all the growth here, and not considering that it's the result of massive demographic shifts in population that have everything to do with collapse.

Demographic shifts aren't collapsed, otherwise the US collapsed when everyone moved from the farms to the burbs...half a century ago. Which brings up the same old issue...how far would you like to deflate the word "collapse"?

To something that has occurred, is occurring, and will occur for the next century? That would certainly allow us to proclaim collapse every day and mean it! While making it meaningless at the same time.

Quote from: Eddie
Tons of people here are here because they're bailing out of California, Michigan, Illinois, and various other high tax, low job security states.

And a quick tour through the county seats of the Panhandle...say like I've done in the past week...reveals that collapse happened there half a century ago. And yet...it didn't bother you much in building a business and livelihood, or me, or anyone else on this forum.

Maybe collapse of this type of demographic shift can happen...and doesn't mean diddly? YOU didn't notice all that OLD collapsing stopping you from becoming a dentist did you?

Quote from: Eddie
I expect Texas will continue to be one of the places people decide to migrate, as long as we have enough water, and especially as long as the tech industry doesn't go bust. At some point, the bad will outweigh the good and a net outflow will happen. But those tend to happen fast, if the past is any indicator.

Texas certainly has attracted the daughter's eye. But it isn't collapse when she decides to stay there...just the result of a good job environment, relatively better enforcement of physical freedoms and ability to defend oneself, the kind of weather some folks like, etc etc.

That isn't collapse any more than England forming the colonies was collapse. Just people doing what they've been doing for longer than the US has been a country at LEAST. Pulling up stakes and looking for greener pastures is what we humans do.
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Palloy

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • https://palloy.wordpress.com
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 03:52:06 PM »
From 1965:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qN5zw04WxCc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qN5zw04WxCc</a>

"I hope I die before I get old" registered strongly with me then.
The State is a body of armed men

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 07:30:02 PM »
Click bait.

It's a rhetorical question, anyway. She's cute, but look at what life with The Donald turned the ex into. Just sayin'.

Before

After
They earn their meal ticket the hard way, I'm afraid.

Sure those arent two different women there?. Bottom one is ivana, Trump was a lot younger than he appears in the first foto when he married her.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:43:36 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 09:13:03 PM »
Yes, I already said I posted the wrong pic the first time. As MK pointed out, that was yet another Trump bride, Marla Maples.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Palloy

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • https://palloy.wordpress.com
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 10:03:00 PM »
The politics of the gutter just got WORSE !  These ads would only work as intended in a stuffy, ultra-conservative bracket of society.  And surely they would hate all of this undecorous stuff even more.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-22/trump-learns-naked-melania-photo-used-attack-ad-threatens-spill-beans-heidi-cruz
Trump Learns Of Naked Melania Photo Used In Attack Ad, Threatens To "Spill Beans" On Heidi Cruz
Tyler Durden
03/22/2016

Yesterday we were stunned when we learned that in order to support Ted Cruz and to "attack" Donald Trump, Liz Mair's anti-Trump Make America Awesome super PAC launched a Facebook campaign which in addition to showcasing Mitt Romney's support for Ted Cruz, emphasizing Trump’s past support for pro-choice policies, it also crossed the family line when it showed a GQ modeling photo of Melania Trump posing nude.

Crossed lines aside, what surprised us most is that "showing a naked Melania Trump, a successful, multi-lingual supermodel and undoubtedly the most attractive first lady America would ever have, is not exactly an attack ad" and we wondered how badly this ad would backfire "the moment men end up seeing the ad." We will find out the moment the Utah primary results come in, even though by her admission, Mair certainly did her best to only focus on women voters.

In any case, about an hour ago Trump found out about Cruz' attack ad. This is what he said:

Lyin' Ted Cruz just used a picture of Melania from a G.Q. shoot in his ad. Be careful, Lyin' Ted, or I will spill the beans on your wife!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 23, 2016

"Spill the beans?" Cruz immediately responded, attempting tto explain he had no idea what is going on, but warning Trump to stay away from Heidi:

Pic of your wife not from us. Donald, if you try to attack Heidi, you're more of a coward than I thought. #classless https://t.co/0QpKSnjgnE

— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) March 23, 2016

In other words, having been called out, Cruz quickly tried to distance himself form a below the belt hitting Super PAC that supports him and which used naked pics of Melania. But is quick to challenge Trump not to "attack Heidi", even though his own camp did just that with Mrs. Trump.

Which makes us wonder: just what "beans" of Heidi Cruz does Trump have in mind? Recall that Heidi worked for about a decade for none other than Goldman Sachs - about as status quo establishment as it gets - after which "she has become a fund-raising power, specializing in soliciting maximum contributions from well-heeled donors."

But then there is this, more troubling part, from the NYT:

Mrs. Cruz and her husband, Senator Ted Cruz, were living 1,500 miles apart and trying to find a happy balance in their own lives. Soon after, Mrs. Cruz quit her high-powered post in Washington, took a job in finance and moved to Texas, an unfamiliar place, to be closer to Mr. Cruz, then the state’s solicitor general. The transition unsettled her.

In August 2005, a police officer in Austin, answering a call about a woman sitting beside an expressway on-ramp, found Mrs. Cruz with her head in her hands. He transported her to an unnamed facility, according to his report, which said, “I believed that she was a danger to herself.”

Normally, these would not be topics of consideration when debating the merits of a presidential candidate, but then again, neither would this photo be part of an "attack" (really, support) ad...

To be sure, we knew this presidential race would promptrly devolve to the surreal and absurd, but not even we expected that it would very quickly transform itself into a campaign where naked photos of potential first ladies would randomly appear on social networks.

As for the Cruz attack ad (because even if he tries to admit it, it was his) we wonder how many full-blooded males would "support Ted Cruz" on Tuesday if given a choice of him... or Melania as first lady. Even Mormons.
The State is a body of armed men

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 10:17:23 PM »
Melania Trump, a successful, multi-lingual supermodel and undoubtedly the most attractive first lady America would ever have

I think Jackie was better looking.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 04:44:52 AM »
Melania Trump, a successful, multi-lingual supermodel and undoubtedly the most attractive first lady America would ever have

I think Jackie was better looking.

RE

So do I.