AuthorTopic: If You Wondered Why People Just Piss You Off  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
If You Wondered Why People Just Piss You Off
« on: March 22, 2016, 05:36:32 AM »
It's remarkable to me what we waste our science dollars on these days.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/03/18/why-smart-people-are-better-off-with-fewer-friends/

I loved this nugget.

Kanazawa himself is no stranger to controversy. In 2011 he wrote a blog post for Psychology Today entitled "Why Are Black Women Less Physically Attractive Than Other Women?" The post ignited a firestorm of criticism and was swiftly taken down.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: If You Wondered Why People Just Piss You Off
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 05:41:48 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/03/18/why-smart-people-are-better-off-with-fewer-friends/

I loved this nugget.

Kanazawa himself is no stranger to controversy. In 2011 he wrote a blog post for Psychology Today entitled "Why Are Black Women Less Physically Attractive Than Other Women?" The post ignited a firestorm of criticism and was swiftly taken down.

Sounds like the same reaction doomers have when I show up daring to ask questions about the invisible collapse.
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 07:27:39 AM »
Gotta love the internet. This is the article Psychology Today withdrew and apologized for, having to do with perceived "attractiveness" of various races and genders. Not politically correct. Bad doctor!

http://www.humanbiologicaldiversity.com/articles/Kanazawa,%20Satoshi.%20%22Why%20Are%20Black%20Women%20Less%20Physically%20Attractive%20Than%20Other%20Women%3F%22%20Psychology%20Today,%20May%2015,%202011.pdf

Not that I put much stock in this kind of research in general, but I'm sure he didn't cook the data. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..or the beer holder, as we say here in Texas.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 09:49:20 AM »

I loved this nugget.

Sounds like the same reaction doomers have when I show up daring to ask questions about the invisible collapse.

I have 27 pages of a rogue solar system at the geo/cosmo table & you call this 7 year cycle of a "recession" IN FUCKING VISIBLE  :icon_scratch:
Son, paaaaleeeeese put down the crack pipe.....
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Why People Just Piss You Off
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 11:00:02 AM »
Invisible collapse only because he has eyes which cannot see.  It's agrivating, the blindness.  It is enough to piss you off.  Like being around dumb friends too long.

And yes it is a game that only one side knows is being played.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 12:22:28 PM »
Invisible collapse only because he has eyes which cannot see.  It's aggravating, the blindness.  It is enough to piss you off.  Like being around dumb friends too long.

And yes it is a game that only one side knows is being played.
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 12:45:17 PM »
IN FUCKING VISIBLE  :icon_scratch:

Do you get pissed off at the mentally ill?

If you run into a schizophrenic on the street decompensating, screaming and yelling unintelligible things, does this anger you?

If you run into someone with Tourette's *shit fuck* Syndrome dropping *your mother's a whore* profanity *cocksucking bastard* thoughout his *cunt slut bitch* speech, does this nigger loving nazi asswipe bother you?

Once you realize that Moriarty is mentally ill and the nonsense he keyboards out is the text equivalent of a schizophrenic decompensating or a tourette's victim pitching profanity, it is somewhat less annoying.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 01:04:03 PM »

I loved this nugget.

I have 27 pages of a rogue solar system at the geo/cosmo table & you call this 7 year cycle of a "recession" IN FUCKING VISIBLE  :icon_scratch:

Yes azozeo. Invisible. Your EMP claims for the east coast, which I PERSONALLY investigated, were bogus. The Mayan calendar tinged stuff you appear to enjoy posting...invisible. H2S that no one can find...invisible. Yellowstone exploding...invisible. Second stars claimed because of camera lenses smudges..invisible. Dangerous intergalactic clouds! Invisible.

In the amount of time you've been posting about invisible stuff, REAL stuff has been happening. Mostly ISIS stuff. So..just another terrorist group Americans can run around and be afraid of...nothing new here since at least Munich in 1972, someone with more knowledge of terrorist history can probably school us all on their millennium of activity, as compared to just modern terrorism.
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 01:14:46 PM »
IN FUCKING VISIBLE  :icon_scratch:

Do you get pissed off at the mentally ill?

If you run into a schizophrenic on the street decompensating, screaming and yelling unintelligible things, does this anger you?

If you run into someone with Tourette's *shit fuck* Syndrome dropping *your mother's a whore* profanity *cocksucking bastard* thoughout his *cunt slut bitch* speech, does this *nigger loving nazi asswipe* bother you?

Once you realize that Moriarty is mentally ill and the nonsense he keyboards out is the text equivalent of a schizophrenic decompensating or a tourette's victim pitching profanity, it is somewhat less annoying.

RE

Yep.  8)

MKing enjoys his morning Joe while viewing his favorite "real world" river in Egypt.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 01:53:29 PM by RE »
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 06:06:57 PM »
I said to a young guy with tourettes that he had a neuroligical tic, not a psychological problem so there was no treatment and he blurted "BULLSHIT!"
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 06:38:49 PM »

I loved this nugget.

Here's to your invisible fucking collapse nimrod !

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mWPkrsyluCM&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mWPkrsyluCM&fs=1</a>

World Historical Events are taking place & you're under a flat rock.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 06:44:37 PM »

I loved this nugget.

Yes azozeo. Invisible. Your EMP claims for the east coast, which I PERSONALLY investigated, were bogus. The Mayan calendar tinged stuff you appear to enjoy posting...invisible. H2S that no one can find...invisible. Yellowstone exploding...invisible. Second stars claimed because of camera lenses smudges..invisible. Dangerous intergalactic clouds! Invisible.

In the amount of time you've been posting about invisible stuff, REAL stuff has been happening. Mostly ISIS stuff. So..just another terrorist group Americans can run around and be afraid of...nothing new here since at least Munich in 1972, someone with more knowledge of terrorist history can probably school us all on their millennium of activity, as compared to just modern terrorism.

Look Custer....

Your chest beating & back slapping about the stone age will getcha' dead.
Asteroids & fireballs are parabolic on the NASA charts right now.
I'll bet one's got your name on it.
Sweet dreams .....

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 03:35:19 AM »
I said to a young guy with tourettes that he had a neuroligical tic, not a psychological problem so there was no treatment and he blurted "BULLSHIT!"

Now that there is funny! :icon_mrgreen:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RFlCD5CYAcU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RFlCD5CYAcU</a>
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound