AuthorTopic: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel  (Read 106159 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel
« Reply #1170 on: February 20, 2017, 05:44:50 PM »
Off in a while to pick up the grand kids. They have been bugging me to take them to some new Trampoline place that opened up around here. It is the current rage, promised to take them during school vacation.

Boy oh Boy the kids of today. We used to get a game of Chinese Checkers or Monopoly to keep us busy at Christmas until our birthday. That doesn't work anymore for sure, wouldn't last an entire day. :laugh:

What a consumption credit monster of waste and frivolous goods has been created out there. Hope I'm just a silly old fool and it isn't going to come crashing down soon. It will not be a pleasant experience.

I bet that trampoline place is "Big Air."  We just had one built, and I already took the boys.  They had a blast.  It was $15 an hour per kid.  It was worth the money, although my oldest got upset because it was Saturday and there were lines for all of the really cool stuff he wanted to do. 

But yeah, there's a lot of money being made on needless kid stuff.  I can't count the times we've spent good money on some toy only to have the boys more enamored by the box it came in...or a bamboo pole laying around in the yard. 

Currently my oldest sons favorite toy is an 8 foot length of rope I gave him.

When I was a kid there were trampoline parks all over the place, and tramps at the beach too and in schools.  George Nissen made some of the best.  Then the lawsuits came flying in and they drove George out of bizness.

If you want cheaper tramp time, most gymnastics schools run an Open Gym for $5 for an hour.  They can swing on the bars too and play in the foam pit.

RE
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 10:42:09 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 20, 2017, 05:52:23 PM »

Can't help it AZ, Have a love for money that's just not natural.

Quote from: timothy 6:10
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

I rest my case.  At least he finally confessed.

RE
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 10:40:36 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: February 20, 2017, 06:03:13 PM »
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these”
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: February 20, 2017, 06:07:57 PM »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: February 21, 2017, 04:20:25 AM »

Great Stuff and what life is all about. Agreed but this is a bit different

I hate to ruin the fun folks and warm toasty feelings but this kid says he is about to lose his home. Honestly think the park can wait and the kids are better off and happier in a warm bed at night with their parents rather than with a social worker.

It's difficult for me to think I even have to argue this point among adults.  My lips are sealed on the topic. Good Night Diners, have to run.

I think you misunderstood me Ox.  My pot to piss in about to be repossessed was just a joke.  I just mean that I don't have much by way of savings and mostly live month to month.  I expect that to change so long as BAU continues.  I got another Permaculture design gig with a pretty big budget today.  It already looks like I don't need to seek other clients for the year because I will be busy enough as it is.  The phone rings from time to time due to preexisting clients referring their friends to me.  Business is good and it's headed in the direction I would prefer which is Permaculture and Bamboo.  If things continue I won't have time to cut grass any longer. 

So don't take me the wrong way.  Just, in comparison to you, I don't have a pot to piss in and I still took my kids to the trampoline park...that's all I'm sayin'.  I take the family out to eat Mexican often to.  That's $50 a pop. 

I'd rather enjoy life than have gold.

Yes I did take you serious Lucid. Especially where you mentioned your truck a while back in the same vein and were on the off season from your lawn cutting season which you also mentioned as a problem.

Wish I had known you were joking before I had to argue with other members about your situation. Sorry for the misunderstanding. In the future when you are crying poverty I will just grin and realize you are either at Trampoline playtime, or knocking off 50 dollar Mexican meals with the kids.

Yes Enjoy life and have fun, the heck with Gold my friend. The Libertarian way. Too Each His Own. Freedom, it's wonderful.                                                                                                                            Enjoy and God Bless, GO

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #1175 on: February 21, 2017, 04:12:11 PM »

Yes I did take you serious Lucid. Especially where you mentioned your truck a while back in the same vein and were on the off season from your lawn cutting season which you also mentioned as a problem.

Wish I had known you were joking before I had to argue with other members about your situation. Sorry for the misunderstanding. In the future when you are crying poverty I will just grin and realize you are either at Trampoline playtime, or knocking off 50 dollar Mexican meals with the kids.

Yes Enjoy life and have fun, the heck with Gold my friend. The Libertarian way. Too Each His Own. Freedom, it's wonderful.                                                                                                                            Enjoy and God Bless, GO

Man, I took my kids to the trampoline park once.  I did that because my oldest got the "terrific kid" award at school.  At the time, after the park, I think I had like 7 bucks left in my wallet. 

We go eat Mexican maybe twice a month.  The rest of the time it's home cooked meals at home from whole foods. 

Compared to you I am poor Ox.  Compared to somebody in an Indian slum I live like a king.  It's all relative.  But by American standards I am poor, not middle class.  I don't own my business truck, I have a payment on it.  I don't own this house (a relative does).  My trailer I have because RE bought it (I have two trailers now, I bought the first one on a credit card).  In fact, my business was financed on credit cards.  Most of the professional grade tools I have were bought on credit. 

GM and I are pretty sure we can technically qualify for food stamps and many of our friends are on food stamps.  I live in a double wide trailer right next to a trailer park on a two lane highway.  I've got teeth that are falling apart that I haven't had fixed because of money.  I haven't been to a doctor or dentist in over five years (with the exception to one trip to the ER due to wrecking a certain electric scooter).  That visit was paid for by medicaid. 

Do you have any friends on food stamps Ox?  Have you EVER lived in a trailer home?  I didn't think so. 

I'm not asking for your sympathy, but don't kid yourself about your and my socioeconomic statuses. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 04:13:43 PM by luciddreams »

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #1176 on: February 21, 2017, 04:17:20 PM »
Just in the spirit of full disclosure, I have also been to see a nurse practitioner several times for mental help due to Aspergers, PTSD from both wartime and EMS, and a life of alcohol abuse. 

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel: click 'go down'
« Reply #1177 on: July 10, 2017, 05:07:05 PM »
The Crying Game reversed. There was a movie starring Hillary Swank about a true story of another girl who did something similar, before any social media.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4644044/Ex-private-schoolgirl-tricked-female-friend-sex.html
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 04, 2017, 01:04:16 AM »
Surly Quote  "Piling on. My greatest wish to see every one of these rapacious bastards hooded, cuffed, and frogmarched into a docket at the Hague."

No Democrats on your list?  @Surly: Please explain the AKA for George Herbert Walker Bush above which is George Scherf?  Thanks. 

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel - Unaccountable Postings ?
« Reply #1179 on: August 06, 2017, 04:57:53 AM »
There are unintelligible messages from Karpatok and Impermenance showing up all over my threads dated this week Aug 4 2017.
They appear to be from prior years.    GO

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel - Unaccountable Postings ?
« Reply #1180 on: August 06, 2017, 05:28:12 AM »
There are unintelligible messages from Karpatok and Impermenance showing up all over my threads dated this week Aug 4 2017.
They appear to be from prior years.    GO

Apparently, per RE, the Forum database has been burping up past years' posts and/or drafts in apparently random order, like so many pingos or methane hydrate craters on the ocean floor. No visible cause, nor cure.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound