AuthorTopic: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel  (Read 122817 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
You may have missed my summation.

I didn't miss it.  So are you fond of it or do you agree with PCR it's an abomination?  ???  :icon_scratch:

RE

Then you didn't understand it or there would be no need to ask.

I understood it perfectly well.  You are calling me stupid.  That is a VIOLATION OF THE CoC

Answer the direct question.  There are only two choices.

Choice 1: You are fond of the new tax plan.

Choice 2: You think the new tax plan is an abomination.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
You may have missed my summation.

I didn't miss it.  So are you fond of it or do you agree with PCR it's an abomination?  ???  :icon_scratch:

RE

Then you didn't understand it or there would be no need to ask.

I understood it perfectly well.  You are calling me stupid.  That is a VIOLATION OF THE CoC

Answer the direct question.  There are only two choices.

Choice 1: You are fond of the new tax plan.

Choice 2: You think the new tax plan is an abomination.

RE

You seem to think you have the authority to tell me what to write and the nerve to give me two choices that you want me to adhere to in answering

This is GO your conversing with.

Your question has been answered by me twice, not once. Sorry your not getting it.

It's not to be taken at all that your stupid, why you could well be a genius and still unable to fathom the complexities and works of GO in financial matters.

Especially those pertaining to Gold which have also been a problem for you. We all have our areas of expertise.

Take you and chemistry. Can you believe I don't know a friggin thing about it? We could easily reverse positions if that were the topic of conversation, me the student, you the teacher. I wouldn't get all angry and abrasive if I couldn't understand what you were saying. :icon_scratch:

After all it's and area that you are expert in and I know next to nothing about.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Your question has been answered by me twice, not once. Sorry your not getting it.

That is the second VIOLATION OF THE CoC.

You never answered the question at all, just tap danced.

You are back on moderation.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline monsta666

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel
« Reply #1248 on: December 06, 2017, 07:48:25 AM »
I think it would have been better to say Golden Oxen has mixed feelings over Trump's tax reform. On the one hand he is fond of it because it curbs speculation in real estate which is damaging this country especially to the younger generations will have a hard time starting families. On the other he dislikes the plan for the usual cited reasons that it is decrease in corporate tax rates and a raise for the middle class workers. At least that is the point of criticism I assume GO follows since he posted the Paul Roberts article. I think he could have been clearer by not immediately and simply stating he was fond of the plan as he later added caveats to his statement.

From what I see any benefits will be outweighed by the negatives but I wonder how much this would effect his popularity. My sense is it will have no real effect on his voting base as it seems many of them are not interested in facts only bold vague statements and other hard line actions such as tight border controls and racial discriminatory speeches. Money for the mates, bigotry for the base. That is the game he plays.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
GO does NOT have "mixed feelings about ANYTHING TRUMP DOES!
« Reply #1249 on: December 06, 2017, 11:41:21 AM »

I think it would have been better to say Golden Oxen has mixed feelings over Trump's tax reform. On the one hand he is fond of it because it curbs speculation in real estate which is damaging this country especially to the younger generations will have a hard time starting families. On the other he dislikes the plan for the usual cited reasons that it is decrease in corporate tax rates and a raise for the middle class workers. At least that is the point of criticism I assume GO follows since he posted the Paul Roberts article. I think he could have been clearer by not immediately and simply stating he was fond of the plan as he later added caveats to his statement.

GO does NOT have "mixed feelings about ANYTHING TRUMP DOES! GO is a TRUMP supporter. GO VOTED for Trump! And I reminded GO of his horrendous mistake nearly a year after that abysmally dystopic decision to vote for Trump, only to be rebuffed. GO CANNOT be reasoned with.

From what I see any benefits will be outweighed by the negatives but I wonder how much this would effect his popularity. My sense is it will have no real effect on his voting base as it seems many of them are not interested in facts only bold vague statements and other hard line actions such as tight border controls and racial discriminatory speeches. Money for the mates, bigotry for the base. That is the game he plays.

Of course. But why can't you see that GO is playing a VERY SIMILAR GAME?

If you REALLY want to understand why GO cannot be reasoned with, just watch this short video. The eminent historian interviewed makes it CRYSTAL CLEAR where GO stands and WHY GO will continue to support Trump.

Your OWN answer includes the explanation to GO's lack of logic, yet you don't want to admit that GO IS PART OF TRUMP'S BASE! So is Karpatok!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DrI27d3neBo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DrI27d3neBo</a>

Also, GO has often posted articles he does not agree with just to create discussion. DO NOT ASSUME that, just because GO posted said article, he agrees with the author. GO SAYS many things on this forum whic sound so nice and ethical, only to expose his TRUE feelings with some snide remark of telling graphic about his fixation on MAMMON.

Anyone with half a brain knows that GO's 'religion' is a front he hides behind. If you want to be naive enogh to believe GO is a person guided by ethical principles based on Christ's teachings, you have obviosly lost your ability to think critically.

GO can yell and scream all he wants that he "isn't a racist". He is. His continued support for Trump, despite Trump's staggeringly fascist destruction of the U.S. erconomy AND despite Trump's horrendous attack on the environment (Have you not read everything GO has posted here pre-Trump "weeping" about pollution and environmental destruction?  WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT, Monsta?), is prima facie evidence that Trump's RACIST BIGOTRY is the REASON GO will not admit he was WRONG to vote for Trump!

Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: December 06, 2017, 12:03:14 PM »

The vast majority of Trump supporters and voters in general have no idea how the tax plan will affect them personally. Tax cut is a buzz word that gets votes from dumb people. Everybody loves a tax cut. Never mind who gets fucked on the deal.

I see GO's POV and understand it. I think he makes a good point. Housing prices are too high.

Personally, I own real estate, so I'm not thrilled about a tax change that will wipe out my investments, but in terms of real estate prices in general, price is not that important to me. Cash flow is king, and cheap houses often flow more cash than expensive ones, and they're easier to buy and sell. It's the tax advantages and the inflation hedge that makes real estate a good investment under the current paradigm. That and the ability to lock in a 30 year loan at historically low rates (which is part of the inflation hedge too.)
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
No wonder GO mourned the death of Charles Manson.
« Reply #1251 on: December 06, 2017, 12:04:42 PM »
ANYBODY that has his logic circuits so fried as to believe that the "BANKSTERS FAVOR A WELFARE STATE" has TOTALLY LOST IT!

No wonder GO mourned the death of Charles Manson. It shows the derangement particular to Libertarians is not limited to voting and supporting a racist, fascist, economy destroying, war loving, environment trashing, Bankster supporting greedball. What happened to GO's Libertarian tears about the WAR STATE and the MIC? HELLO GO? Are you there? I thought Libertarians were against WAR and were Pro-immigration. I guess your WALK is rather different from your TALK.

GO has gone FULL ORWELL! GO UNCONDITIONALLY supports the trashing of EVERYTHING he claims to defend with his LIBERTARIAN empathy defict disordered RELIGION.   

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:16:02 PM by agelbert »
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
NO WAY, Eddie!
« Reply #1252 on: December 06, 2017, 12:09:52 PM »

The vast majority of Trump supporters and voters in general have no idea how the tax plan will affect them personally. Tax cut is a buzz word that gets votes from dumb people. Everybody loves a tax cut. Never mind who gets fucked on the deal.

I see GO's POV and understand it. I think he makes a good point. Housing prices are too high.

Personally, I own real estate, so I'm not thrilled about a tax change that will wipe out my investments, but in terms of real estate prices in general, price is not that important to me. Cash flow is king, and cheap houses often flow more cash than expensive ones, and they're easier to buy and sell. It's the tax advantages and the inflation hedge that makes real estate a good investment under the current paradigm. That and the ability to lock in a 30 year loan at historically low rates (which is part of the inflation hedge too.)

Then you did not understand the video that you said you agreed with. All this TALK about side issues like real estate are just dodges for GO's continued racist support of Trump, as the video (I just posted again to Monsta) made CRYSTAL CLEAR, though it did not mention real estate specifically. If you want to wishful think that GO is being logical, go for it. I will not be fooled. 

Faith,

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: December 06, 2017, 12:28:09 PM »
I just wanted GO to know that I agree with the point that housing prices are too high, and to explain (to him, mainly) that price appreciation is not what's important to me.

Buying properties expecting price appreciation is sheer speculation, and not investing, in my book. My approach is a lot different than that of speculators. Not sure GO or anybody else much appreciates the nuances there, but there are some. It's a defensive strategy aimed at protecting me in the post-2008 unstable credit environment, and it has several layers. Changing the tax law substantially can mess up everything, and might require big portfolio changes.

I also do think that part of the elites evil plans include a very low subsistence level of a social safety net. Just enough to prevent food riots. It isn't out of kindness, but more out of fear. They have a three pronged approach. Welfare, warfare, and prison.

GO is my friend. I can still disagree with him without hating his guts.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: December 06, 2017, 12:51:34 PM »
I think it would have been better to say Golden Oxen has mixed UP feelings over Trump's tax reform.

Fixed that for you.

Come on!  He made back-to-back posts which completely contradicted each other.  There is no way this tax plan benefits anyone but the .01%.  It's most certainly not going to make real estate any more affordable for young people, who still will be without jobs and remain saddled with student debt.

His so-called libertarianism is completely conflicted as well.  He wants Goobermint out of the way of Bizness, but he wants Bankster Criminals prosecuted?  Who is going to do the prosecuting?  Goobermint, that's who!  He wants Goobermint to deregulate industries, but he wants to protect the environment?  Who does that protection?  Goobermint, that's who!

It's a complete mish-mash.

RE
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:53:39 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: December 06, 2017, 02:04:25 PM »
GO is my friend. I can still disagree with him without hating his guts.

Thanks Eddie, The miracle of the internet which has allowed me to meet and befriend wonderful people like you who are just trying to make sense of all that baffles us is why I will always be a Diner.

I can accept criticism, my postings on the matter have obviously caused confusion to many diners, so I apologize for my obliqueness. Perhaps I will be able to clarify my views in future posts.

As for the remark  that I mourned the death of Charles Manson, nothing could be further from the truth. I posted a video detailing the horrors that child Charles Manson went through. It affected me deeply, and I continue to thank the lord for sparing me from such horrors. It was my wish to share it with Diners as a way to see how fortunate we were and how some have only known the Doom we dread so much.

The Diner who threw the stone is the one who preaches "Empathy" over and over from his pulpit, but he only has it for cats, dogs, and calves raised for veal, not his fellow human beings.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel - Crypto-Miners Hacked Again
« Reply #1256 on: December 06, 2017, 02:36:18 PM »
Thanks Palloy, A topic of much current interest and speculation.

Any postings on this matter you obviously have some expertise in is thirsted for by me.

My current interest is Ethereum and ether. My knowledge is very limited and sophomoric but I consider myself a keen judge of people. The kid that invented it Vitalik Buterin strikes my fancy as a big time genius. There is so much conflicting opinion in the crypto space that confusion and questions is all that can be gleaned from a layman's study of the topic.

Any tid bits of clarity, news and knowledge that you can place on the forum would be most appreciated by this reader.                                                                            Regards, GO

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: December 06, 2017, 05:34:32 PM »
My understanding is Ethereum is The Blockchain (public database) part and ether is the property being tracked - a money token, but could be anything, whereas BitCoin is both combined and so useful only for tracking money tokens. If that's right, then Ethereum has promise if they can invent another marketplace.

The coding needs a few more years of development to get the bugs out of it.
"The State is a body of armed men."