AuthorTopic: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel  (Read 168841 times)

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Law Professor Suggests McCabe Worry Less About His Pension and Prison more
« Reply #1335 on: March 19, 2018, 04:25:59 AM »
:emthup: :emthup: :emthup:

Law Professor Suggests McCabe Worry Less About His Pension and More About PRISON

Liberal law professor Jonathan Turley just smacked McCabe with a big dose of reality.

Turley wonders why McCabe wasn’t punished the same as Michael Flynn, considering they both lied to the FBI, and suggested that the disgraced Deputy Director should be worrying more about prison and less about his pension.

CNN video in article link. Could not embed it,sorry.

http://truthfeednews.com/law-professor-suggests-mccabe-worry-less-about-his-pension-and-more-about-prison/ :icon_study:
                                                          :circle:

Truthfeed should be renamed Shitfeed. It's a fake site written by two guys, the financial backers are hidden, and all they do is put out pro-Trump fake news.

Nice try.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-29/truthfeed-spreads-pro-trump-propaganda
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Law Professor Suggests McCabe Worry Less About His Pension and Prison more
« Reply #1336 on: March 19, 2018, 05:24:24 AM »
:emthup: :emthup: :emthup:

Law Professor Suggests McCabe Worry Less About His Pension and More About PRISON

Liberal law professor Jonathan Turley just smacked McCabe with a big dose of reality.

Turley wonders why McCabe wasn’t punished the same as Michael Flynn, considering they both lied to the FBI, and suggested that the disgraced Deputy Director should be worrying more about prison and less about his pension.

CNN video in article link. Could not embed it,sorry.

http://truthfeednews.com/law-professor-suggests-mccabe-worry-less-about-his-pension-and-more-about-prison/ :icon_study:
                                                          :circle:

Truthfeed should be renamed Shitfeed. It's a fake site written by two guys, the financial backers are hidden, and all they do is put out pro-Trump fake news.

Nice try.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-29/truthfeed-spreads-pro-trump-propaganda

If you had bothered to read and comprehend the posting Rambo, you would have seen it was your gal Hillary's network CNN that presented it.

The person giving the presentation was very fair and balanced, a liberal, and sympathetic to Mc Cabe as well and the fix he has lied himself into. Perhaps you should listen and learn something.

Nice try, blinded and crazed by Trump hatred poster.  :hammer: :whip: :whip: :hammer: :violent1: :angry4:

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel
« Reply #1337 on: March 19, 2018, 05:34:53 AM »
See, that's another thing about Trump supporters. The Trump Perpetual Presidential Campaign can keep you stirred up over Clinton, who isn't even in the picture anymore.

CNN is a TV channel. I don't watch TV, and I don't rate TV channels as being "Hillary" or "Obama" channels. These are people from past administrations who are rapidly disappearing in the rear view mirror. Let them go and move on. Find a new Democrat to obsess about.

The talking heads on TV are just talking heads. None of it means much, except to people who watch TV.

I'm not so much a Trump hater as I am someone who respects the US Constitution, and I hate to see how the executive branch is hollowing it out. I wasn't a fan of Obama, of Hillary and Bill Clinton, or of Bush...and I'm not a fan of Trump, who is the worst so far.

They all suck. It's sad to me that people like yourself, otherwise perfectly intelligent and wise in many things, can be snowed by the bullshit of a guy like Trump. He's scary. He's pretty close to Kunstler's corn pone Nazi...You should be more afraid of him.

Whatever good you think he's doing for the country, I sure don't see it.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 19, 2018, 06:02:42 AM »
See, that's another thing about Trump supporters. The Trump Perpetual Presidential Campaign can keep you stirred up over Clinton, who isn't even in the picture anymore.

CNN is a TV channel. I don't watch TV, and I don't rate TV channels as being "Hillary" or "Obama" channels. These are people from past administrations who are rapidly disappearing in the rear view mirror. Let them go and move on. Find a new Democrat to obsess about.

The talking heads on TV are just talking heads. None of it means much, except to people who watch TV.

I'm not so much a Trump hater as I am someone who respects the US Constitution, and I hate to see how the executive branch is hollowing it out. I wasn't a fan of Obama, of Hillary and Bill Clinton, or of Bush...and I'm not a fan of Trump, who is the worst so far.

They all suck. It's sad to me that people like yourself, otherwise perfectly intelligent and wise in many things, can be snowed by the bullshit of a guy like Trump. He's scary. He's pretty close to Kunstler's corn pone Nazi...You should be more afraid of him.

Whatever good you think he's doing for the country, I sure don't see it.

You have changed the topic but that's OK.

I am not a Trump supporter, as stated many times here I am a supporter of Rand Paul.

Should be obvious as well by now that GO is a Libertarian as well. AGAINST big government.

We differ in our opinion of who and what Donald Trump is.

Hillary Clinton, and Obama have not moved on, that's the problem.

Both lumps of shit continue their venomous attacks, unprecedented in American pride, in insulting and defecating on our President and the disgusted with the status quo millions of our fellow citizens who saw fit to vote for him. Calling them deplorables and all sorts of names and callous remarks like you disparage President Trump here constantly and daily.

You should consider what it means to be an American citizen Eddie and how after the election battle is over we are supposed to group together behind our new President and respect the decision of the process. It's called civics and how a Democracy works, respect and unity after a contest.

Especially a person with your status in life. The position of a Dentist, a respected trusted member of the community whose education and status behooves you conduct yourself responsibly and display good citizenship.

There will be another election and we can all argue and talk about the candidates, but this one is over.

President Trump is in the White House, you will have another chance in the process next time.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 06:04:34 AM by Golden Oxen »

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 19, 2018, 06:13:32 AM »
It should bother you that Trump has problems with the truth, and that he is sacking anyone who doesn't agree with his erroneous assumptions about what's really going on in the world.  This sort of behavior is more in line with a petty tyrant than the leader of the US. He reminds me of Duterte. It should be very frightening to anyone who loves his country.

Trump is perfecting the art of the Big Lie

By Max Boot March 17 at 11:50 AM

We all know President Trump lies. A lot. The Post reports that he began his presidency by making an average of 4.9 false or misleading statements a day. Lately, like a Stakhanovite, he has ramped up production to an average of six falsehoods a day. But few of these lies were as chilling as the one last week at a fundraiser in Missouri.

The president recounted how Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau had told him that the U.S. doesn’t have a trade deficit with his country. Trump said he contradicted Trudeau — “Wrong, Justin, you do” — even though “I didn’t even know. … I had no idea.” When Trudeau insisted, “We have no trade deficit,” Trump replied: “I don’t believe it.” He then called in an aide who supposedly told him that the U.S. has no trade deficit with Canada — but only if you don’t count energy and timber. “ ‘And when you do, we lose $17 billion a year,’ ” Trump quoted the aide as saying. “It’s incredible.”

It’s incredible, all right, as in literally not credible. Trump’s own U.S. trade representative reports that the United States has a $12.5 billion trade surplus with Canada, and that includes energy and timber. But Trump didn’t back down: He insisted that his “alternative facts” were superior to actual facts.

On Thursday, the president tweeted: “We do have a Trade Deficit with Canada, as we do with almost all countries (some of them massive).” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was sent out to do a full Spicer by dutifully saying, without a scintilla of substantiation, that “there are plenty of things, once you take into the full account of all of the trade between the two countries, that show that there is actually a deficit.”

Like Trump’s claims that Gen. John J. Pershing slaughtered Muslims, or that his inauguration drew record crowds, or that he would have won the popular vote if millions of illegal immigrants had not voted, this is another example of a would-be dictator’s desire not just to sneak lies by us but to shove them down our throats. Trump is signaling that he doesn’t care what the truth is. From now on the truth will be whatever he says, and he expects every loyal follower to faithfully parrot the official party line. Or else.

Another disturbing indicator of the same authoritarian pathology came this week after Trump’s graceless ouster of Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. The White House initially claimed that Tillerson had been notified the previous Friday that he was being let go, but on Tuesday Steve Goldstein, the undersecretary of state for public diplomacy and public affairs, contradicted that spin by telling reporters that Tillerson was “unaware of the reason” for his firing and had just found out about it. Goldstein was immediately canned and, in a significant bit of symbolism, replaced with a former host of “Fox & Friends,” Trump’s favorite TV show. Trump is sending a signal that not only does he insist on his right to lie but that he regards telling the truth as a firing offense. Government officials, take note.

The same vindictiveness was apparent in Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s decision Friday night to fire former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe after 21 years of service, just more than 24 hours before he was due to receive his pension. The excuse apparently was McCabe’s supposedly unauthorized communications with the media about an investigation into the Clinton Foundation, followed by alleged attempts to mislead investigators. But Trump’s gloating tweet makes it obvious this was punishment for telling the truth about the Maximum Leader’s attempts to obstruct justice and end an investigation into his links to the Kremlin. Those are inconvenient truths.

As his presidency advances, Trump is becoming increasingly intolerant of disagreement and defiance, especially from aides who know what they are talking about. Economic adviser Gary Cohn tried to tell him that tariffs and trade wars are bad economics; Trump didn’t listen and Cohn resigned. Tillerson tried to tell him that scrapping the Iran nuclear deal is a bad strategy, and now he’s gone. National security adviser H.R. McMaster is said to be the next candidate for the heave-ho, because he reportedly rubs Trump the wrong way. Of course he does. McMaster is well known in the Army for his blunt willingness to disagree with superiors when he thinks they’re wrong. Trump’s ego is too fragile to handle the truth.

The frightening thing is that Trump’s insistence on redefining reality is working, at least with his base. The video news site NowThis has posted a hilarious and horrifying clip showing Fox News talking heads hyperventilating over President Barack Obama’s promise to meet with the leaders of hostile states such as North Korea (Mike Huckabee: “President Obama likes talking to dictators!”), before going on to fulsomely praise President Trump for doing just that.

Trump is sucking a substantial portion of America into his Orwellian universe. The rest of us have to struggle simply to remember that war isn’t peace, freedom isn’t slavery, ignorance isn’t strength.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2018/03/17/trump-is-perfecting-the-art-of-the-big-lie/?utm_term=.087cabd89004

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 19, 2018, 06:31:59 AM »
Both lumps of shit continue their venomous attacks, unprecedented in American pride, in insulting and defecating on our President and the disgusted with the status quo millions of our fellow citizens who saw fit to vote for him. Calling them deplorables and all sorts of names and callous remarks like you disparage President Trump here constantly and daily.

You should consider what it means to be an American citizen Eddie and how after the election battle is over we are supposed to group together behind our new President and respect the decision of the process. It's called civics and how a Democracy works, respect and unity after a contest.

Especially a person with your status in life. The position of a Dentist, a respected trusted member of the community whose education and status behooves you conduct yourself responsibly and display good citizenship.

There will be another election and we can all argue and talk about the candidates, but this one is over.

President Trump is in the White House, you will have another chance in the process next time.

Obama and Clinton are history. They're important to Trump because he needs them as enemies to keep his base angry and worked up.

I'm fine with Rand Paul. Rand Paul is a Libertarian, but he's sane, and relatively honest, as politicians go. Give me a Rand Paul over Trump any day.

But you post things here on this site that can only be described as pro-Trump propaganda. Truthfeed is a known fake news site. I don't watch videos much here. I don't have time, frankly, and I put very little credence in any of them, no matter how "liberal" you think the talking head might be.

I expect McCabe will have his chance to answer the allegations against him. And I expect the Trump assertions about this lying to be proven false. Comey practically gave the election to Trump. If he was trying to help Clinton, he picked a funny way to do it.

What I really expect is that these guys were mostly doing their best to perform some CYA to protect their jobs, and it went all wrong. They're career federal law enforcement types. Not known  for being of a liberal political bent. The Trump bullshit doesn't make any sense.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 06:57:27 AM by Eddie »

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 19, 2018, 07:21:59 AM »
Wander, obfuscate, twist and contort, weep and defecate on our President all you wish Edward.

Like I said, it's all about Citizenship, America, Patriotism, Responsibility,  and maintaining the semblance of a viable democracy for our children and grandchildren.

Was at a basketball game to lend support to my 11 year old last week who is a shrimp in size.

His team got trounced, but still remember with pride how all the kids lined up and shook each others hands when it was over.

President Trump did the same after the election. He praised Hillary, told everyone that the election was over and Hillary had suffered enough through defeat. Offered and olive branch of peace and conciliation in front of the entire world. You and the Left including the Clintons spit in his face in reply.
Most didn't even have the decency to attend the Inauguration. Disgusting and despicable.

That's the group your a member of, would think long and hard about staying in it and espousing their hate mongering, crybaby loser, unpatriotic and destructive  behavior Eddie.   

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 19, 2018, 08:07:57 AM »

That's the group your a member of, would think long and hard about staying in it and espousing their hate mongering, crybaby loser, unpatriotic and destructive  behavior Eddie.

No it's not. You are deliberately misrepresenting my POV, which is ad hom. Lay off,
or I'll tell you what team I think you're on. Anyone who follows your posts gets wise to your game after a while. Don't think you can play schoolyard games with me. This ain't my first rodeo. I'm nicer to you than I should be, most of the time. Don't take advantage.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1343 on: March 19, 2018, 09:44:49 AM »

Both lumps of shit continue their venomous attacks, unprecedented in American pride, in insulting and defecating on our President and the disgusted with the status quo millions of our fellow citizens who saw fit to vote for him.

No. Just no.

Fox "News" (sic) avers that Trump and HRC are somehow "bickering." I put it to you to count up the number of times Trump has mentioned Clinton compared to the opposite. Trump rage-tweets about HRC and calls her a name almost every day, especially when he needs to keep his base of dupes riled. Punching down is a crowd-pleaser. The only mention HRC has made lately of Orange Hitler is that she accused Trump of having “quite an affinity for dictators” and said he “really likes their authoritarian posturing and behavior.”

That's the self-evident truth.

Fat Nixon has arguably spent an inordinate amount of time on social media attacking a person whom he defeated, leading to the $64 question: Is Trump obsessed with Hillary Clinton? He certainly finds her to be convenient.

And Obama? Really? Since decamping, he has comported himself with the same dignity that he displayed while Presidentin' While Black.

Both lumps of shit continue their venomous attacks, unprecedented in American pride, in insulting and defecating on our President and the disgusted with the status quo millions of our fellow citizens who saw fit to vote for him.

"Lumps of shit," "venomous attacks," insulting and defecating." Sounds like projection to me.

You want to prove that assertion? Show your work. Post it here, and source it from some reputable news source. If it exists, i'd like to see it, because I comb through the sewers of the internet each day compiling a digest, and I have yet to find it. But I'm just an old crank with a hobby.

I'm betting you can't, because evidence of such behavior on the part of HRC or BHO, that is, behavior equivalent to the outrages committed by the current resident of the White House, does not exist outside of the fevered imaginations of right wing fantasts or operators of Macedonian web sites.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1344 on: March 19, 2018, 09:51:31 AM »
It should bother you that Trump has problems with the truth, and that he is sacking anyone who doesn't agree with his erroneous assumptions about what's really going on in the world.  This sort of behavior is more in line with a petty tyrant than the leader of the US. He reminds me of Duterte. It should be very frightening to anyone who loves his country.

Trump is perfecting the art of the Big Lie

By Max Boot March 17 at 11:50 AM

Trump is sucking a substantial portion of America into his Orwellian universe. The rest of us have to struggle simply to remember that war isn’t peace, freedom isn’t slavery, ignorance isn’t strength.

It is essential to remember that Max Boot is a fully credentialed conservative, n favor of limited government at home and American leadership abroad. He opposed Trump's candidacy, but is a full-bore neocon and occupies the Jeane J. Kirkpatrick chair in National Security Studies at the Council on Foreign Relations, and is a contributing editor to The Weekly Standard, the WSJ and other papers.

No radical here.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution

Goldne Oxen said: That's the group your a member of, would think long and hard about staying in it and espousing their hate mongering, crybaby loser, unpatriotic and destructive  behavior Eddie.

No it's not. You are deliberately misrepresenting my POV, which is ad hom. Lay off,
or I'll tell you what team I think you're on. Anyone who follows your posts gets wise to your game after a while. Don't think you can play schoolyard games with me. This ain't my first rodeo. I'm nicer to you than I should be, most of the time. Don't take advantage.

No. Just no.

Fox "News" (sic) avers that Trump and HRC are somehow "bickering." I put it to you to count up the number of times Trump has mentioned Clinton compared to the opposite. Trump rage-tweets about HRC and calls her a name almost every day, especially when he needs to keep his base of dupes riled. Punching down is a crowd-pleaser. The only mention HRC has made lately of Orange Hitler is that she accused Trump of having “quite an affinity for dictators” and said he “really likes their authoritarian posturing and behavior.”

That's the self-evident truth.

Fat Nixon has arguably spent an inordinate amount of time on social media attacking a person whom he defeated, leading to the $64 question: Is Trump obsessed with Hillary Clinton? He certainly finds her to be convenient.

And Obama? Really? Since decamping, he has comported himself with the same dignity that he displayed while Presidentin' While Black.

"Lumps of shit," "venomous attacks," insulting and defecating." Sounds like projection to me.

You want to prove that assertion?
Show your work. Post it here, and source it from some reputable news source. If it exists, i'd like to see it, because I comb through the sewers of the internet each day compiling a digest, and I have yet to find it. But I'm just an old crank with a hobby.

I'm betting you can't, because evidence of such behavior on the part of HRC or BHO, that is, behavior equivalent to the outrages committed by the current resident of the White House, does not exist outside of the fevered imaginations of right wing fantasts or operators of Macedonian web sites.

Well said, Surly.

Eddie and Surly, I must admit I cannot figure out why you continue to attempt to reason with    .

If you want to just keep some dialogue going for the sake of views, then that is understandable, but Golden Oxen, consistent pseudo-Christian devoted worshipper of gold and himself, is enamored of Trump. Therefore, he cannot be reasoned with.

Golden Oxen hypocritically rails about government corruption that he "claims to be against" and is silent as DEATH when massive real estate FRAUD by "private" enterprize Trump India hotels business partner is caught DOING in India what Trump has AWAYS DONE EVERYWHERE, whether in government or out of it (it's in the news today  ;D).

The irrelevant half truths constantly being recycled by the Trumpers (Obama was "worse", Hillary evil, etc. Ad Nausem) are such transparently obvious attempts at distraction from Tump's Traitorous Governmental Corruption and Crime Spree that they would be worthy of pity if they weren't pushed so repeatedly by the fascist/Libertarian Kochroaches trying to destroy the last vestiges of individual freedom and liberty we have in this country.

As I said about six months ago, Golden Oxen has gone fully into Orwellian mindfuck 😈. That is what Trumpers 🦀 DO in a desperate attempt to keep people from seeing that it is they 😈 who have all the mens rea dastardly society destroying activity that they accuse others of. 

Trumpers, like Trump, are "wise" in their own eyes. Golden Oxen is an unapologetic Trumper.

Do you see a man wise in his own eyes?

There is more hope for a fool than for him. Proverbs 26:12
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 01:44:14 PM by agelbert »
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 19, 2018, 01:11:53 PM »

GO violated the CoC so many times in this thread it's beyond belief you let the posts stay up.  I was out all morning with a Docs appt or I would have shit-canned them myself.  Besides violating the CoC, he lies throughout the exchange.  "Not a Trump Supporter" my ass.  ::)  He voted for him and he puts up non-stop pro-Trump propaganda all the time.  He defends Trumpovetsky constantly using the same method Donalditry himself uses, he brings up Ancient History with the Clintons and Obama-sama.  HEY!  NEWZ FLASH!  These folks aren't in office anymore!  Not to mention he's a complete hypocrite.  Did he ever ONCE call Obama "our President" when he was in office?  Nope.  But now that he has his Fuhrer in office, he's "our President".  ::)  Fucking unbelievable crap.  :emthdown: :emthdown:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
GO 😈 violated the CoC so many times in this thread it's beyond belief
« Reply #1347 on: March 19, 2018, 01:33:43 PM »

GO violated the CoC so many times in this thread it's beyond belief you let the posts stay up.  I was out all morning with a Docs appt or I would have shit-canned them myself.  Besides violating the CoC, he lies throughout the exchange.  "Not a Trump Supporter" my ass.  ::)  He voted for him and he puts up non-stop pro-Trump propaganda all the time.  He defends Trumpovetsky constantly using the same method Donalditry himself uses, he brings up Ancient History with the Clintons and Obama-sama.  HEY!  NEWZ FLASH!  These folks aren't in office anymore!  Not to mention he's a complete hypocrite.  Did he ever ONCE call Obama "our President" when he was in office?  Nope.  But now that he has his Fuhrer in office, he's "our President".  ::)  Fucking unbelievable crap.  :emthdown: :emthdown:

RE

« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 01:35:57 PM by agelbert »
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner

Eddie and Surly, I must admit I cannot figure out why you continue to attempt to reason with  (GO).

If you want to just keep some dialogue going for the sake of views, then that is understandable...

I argue with RE on this score as well.

Politically, GO and I will never agree. Yet this is a man susceptible to the arguments of Chris Hedges, who I think we can all agree is one of the smartest guys in the room and a man of impeccable morality. Politics aside, GO has made many contributions to this forum which I find useful and helpful. Edifying, even. When he goes ad hom (or when you or I do), we get to take our respective vocabularies for a walk, vent some spleen, but really accomplish nothing.  An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, etc.

I can be as sanctimonious as the next motherfucker, but what does that make me? An asshole. At least I have the satisfaction of being correct, but I'm not going to convince GO of anything. He will have to convince himself. IN the fullness of time, I think he will, although he might not admit it. This place has a decided leftward twist, so GO has chosen a tough room in which to make a living. Yet he shows up here every day for the give-and-take. GO is so far to the right he thinks Eddie is a lefty, which is actually pretty funny. He's anything but. I grew up the son of a trade union Dem, picked up some academic leftism in college, but consider myself to have the same attitudes my father had. It's the world that's gone and done spun to the right, making people like me look like communists.

One can only show admiration for a man who shows he can take a punch. Having taken plenty of my own along the way, I do, anyhow.

This just in: it's only words. I give AZ a good thwok between the shoulder blades when he posts strange stuff, and find no difficulty arguing with Palloy or even RE. Hell, especially RE. If I'm not pissing on his shoes one every two weeks or so he thinks I don't love him anymore.

RE started the Diner Forum as a forum for untrammeled free speech and vigorous disputation. We'd be insulting the premises of this place if we offered anything less. As for Continuing an ongoing conversation with GO, when it comes to politics I will defend my turf, but feel free to enjoy the other aspects of his offerings, whether it's the statue of a pilgrim or an appreciation for the fine points of corned beef.

Maybe it's because I'm keenly aware of my own mortality, but I find myself thinking of the old quote, "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." And let's keepit in perspective: by the simple fact of showing up here, we all recognize the fact that we're all doomed.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
RE started the Diner Forum as a forum for untrammeled free speech and vigorous disputation. We'd be insulting the premises of this place if we offered anything less. As for Continuing an ongoing conversation with GO, when it comes to politics I will defend my turf, but feel free to enjoy the other aspects of his offerings, whether it's the statue of a pilgrim or an appreciation for the fine points of corned beef.

"Untrammeled Free Speech" is one thing, non-stop Ad Hom, resorting to Logical Fallacies and outright LYING is another.  That's why after dealing with this shit from Moriarty for a couple of years we had to institute moderation.  "Moderation" is not "Censorship".  It's an effort to keep the debate to topic and prevent posters from lighting the board up with Napalm.  If you don't do it, your board gets infested with Smokeys (see TBP in the old days) and no reasonable conversation takes place, just a contest of insults.

Also a reminder to all Admins.  Members complaining about "Censorship" on the Diner is a Violation of the CoC.  Any post that complains about censorship goes to the DNF file.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN