AuthorTopic: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel  (Read 165993 times)

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Wonder how much of this is going on.  My mind is so screwed up from all this cyber shit going on I can't even decide if it's good or bad anymore. What a mess this Cyber warfare is to try and figure out.  :icon_scratch:

bostonherald.com
Somerville company uncovers attempts to sell sensitive U.S. military documents on the dark web

I suspect far, far more than we ever hear about, read about, or know about. Cyberwarfare and industrial sabotage are notoriously cost effective, meaning cheap for the perps. There's no way to know how many efforts are made for each that finds its way to our field of view, but I'd make a blind guess of 1:100. That may be low.

Yes, Imagine the taxpayers blowing 50 billion for a new weapon, and a hacker sells it to someone for a couple of hundred grand. 

Wondering also if it's a good or bad thing. Who would want to try out a secret weapon if he had a strong inkling the enemy knew all about it and was waiting with a deterrent and counter punch.  :icon_scratch:

oops
It wasn't 200 grand.  GO wrote some fiction there.  Did he read it from the original memo and perhaps the paper got it wrong?

The excerpt from the article at the B. Globe:   
...said he found a posting on a hacking forum offering to sell documents from the U.S. Air Force with information on the MQ-9 Reaper drone for just $200. The documents...

Somebody is going to risk life in prison for $200.  A days pay? No, that is not going to happen.

It is one of those.  A story planted in the B. Globe without evidence there for you to emotionally believe it if you want.  It is meant to sow conformity and patriotism.   If it were true the FBI would not be letting anything out in the Boston Globe.  Think, they would be investigating the crime and setting honey traps.  They would be telling us why?

It is there to sow conformity and patriotism.  It is there to manipulate.  It promotes a meme.  It would be an irresponsible thing to disclose if true.

How easily we are deceived.

Thanks for the correction K-Dog on the 200.

Your take on the matter certainly sounds reasonable as well and while I tend to agree with it is still conjecture.

Wish there were a truly reliable trustworthy news source we could feel confident in. 

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's News ALERT! Breaking Shootout at Trader Joes
« Reply #1381 on: July 21, 2018, 07:56:49 PM »

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Re: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel
« Reply #1382 on: July 21, 2018, 09:00:01 PM »
A tragic domestic situation that lead to mayhem and death happens in America perhaps 10,000 times a year.  This one is notable because Trump tweeted about the 'hostage situation' or something.  But there isnothing notable about it really.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Russian hackers are said to have infiltrated US electric utilities

Hackers from a Russian state-sponsored group infiltrated the control rooms of U.S. power companies, The Wall Street Journal reported on Monday.
    The attack was first detected in the spring of 2016 and continued throughout 2017, the Journal reported, citing officials at the Department of Homeland Security.

Yen Nee Lee   
Published 50 Mins Ago Updated 30 Mins Ago CNBC.com

Russian hackers broke into the networks of key U.S. power companies last year, possibly causing blackouts, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday.

The attack was first detected in the spring of 2016 and continued throughout 2017, the Journal reported, citing officials at the Department of Homeland Security.

It was carried out by hackers who worked for a Russian state-sponsored group previously known as Dragonfly or Energetic Bear, the Journal reported. DHS officials said the hacking campaign is likely to continue.

Some companies that were compromised may now yet know they have become a victims in a Russian attack, according to the report. That's because the hackers used the identities of actual employees to enter the utility networks — complicating efforts to detect the intrusions.

Since 2014, DHS has been warning utility companies about the possibility of being targeted by Russian hackers, according to the report.

Russia has denied targeting "critical infrastructure' in the U.S., the Journal said.

Read the full report by The Wall Street Journal.

No link was provided for Journal article

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/18/russian-hackers-are-said-to-have-infiltrated-us-electric-utilities.html  :icon_study: :icon_study:

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #1384 on: July 23, 2018, 11:11:20 PM »

For sale, by the same people who have Russian hackers with nothing to gain and everything to lose infiltrating networks at American utilities.  How stupid does Homeland Fucking Security think we are? 
Wait, don't answer that!

Besides which only America has the code to do what is being described, only Uncle Sam has access to the exploits to do it.  Microsoft does not keep source code in Russia.

But,

Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 24, 2018, 04:21:12 AM »

For sale, by the same people who have Russian hackers with nothing to gain and everything to lose infiltrating networks at American utilities.  How stupid does Homeland Fucking Security think we are? 
Wait, don't answer that!

Besides which only America has the code to do what is being described, only Uncle Sam has access to the exploits to do it.  Microsoft does not keep source code in Russia.

But,

Hi K-Dog, I know absolutely zero about the code stuff and Microsoft practices that you are aware of but felt relieved after reading your reply. My instincts screamed at me that the article had the smell of a rat in it. Considered the source, Wall St Journal, not the very worst of sources but hardly the most reliable; I posted it with reservations due to the import of it.

Thanks, Most appreciated that you have confirmed my suspicions.     

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #1386 on: July 24, 2018, 07:36:57 AM »

Wait, don't answer that!

But,

Hi K-Dog, I know absolutely zero about the code stuff and Microsoft practices that you are aware of but felt relieved after reading your reply. My instincts screamed at me that the article had the smell of a rat in it. Considered the source, Wall St Journal, not the very worst of sources but hardly the most reliable; I posted it with reservations due to the import of it.

Thanks, Most appreciated that you have confirmed my suspicions.     

Alway remember that the New York Times and the Washington post will prefer telling the truth if they can.  99.99 % of the time they will report the truth.  On things that don't matter they will aways tell the truth, but when they get that special memo from Uncle Sam they will publish lies as the truth so everyone is happy.  Uncle Sam will never lie from their point of view even when they do.  Their lies become truth.  Meaning if they the government lies, they have a good reason, so it is not a lie after all.  Failure to perform this mental back-flip will result in unemployment.

Basically the story is exactly what our Government Trolls did to Iran to ruin the Iranian enrichment centrifuges.  Somebody thought it clever to reverse the story.  Who is going to know that the technical details needed to pull off that sabotage required  knowledge that only the US has access too?  A few nerds and most of them will be fine with the ruse since most people have their head up their ass and figure if the government lies they have a good reason, so it is not really a lie after all. 

As too me, they know some people won't be deceived or will will refuse to be.  That does not matter.  Get most of the people to hate and you can have your wars.  If a few pacifists get in the way they can be run over later as needed. 

It is rather obvious these days that money would like another war and is asking for one very hard.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 07:48:49 AM by K-Dog »

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel - Ivanka Trump Closing Business
« Reply #1387 on: July 24, 2018, 12:54:02 PM »
Ivanka Trump's fashion company is shutting down

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/07/24/ivanka-trumps-fashion-company-is-shutting-down.html

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's News - Greece Wildfires: At least 74 Dead as Blaze Strikes
« Reply #1388 on: July 24, 2018, 05:54:19 PM »

:o :o :o   :WTF:

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: July 24, 2018, 06:01:11 PM »
I'm afraid this is really only the beginning. The whole world has been in a heat wave this week, it seems like. We have had bad fires in this area a few years ago, but it got better when we had a couple or three nice wet years in a row.

But this is the first year of the new drought. Sure looks that way. I see no reason to assume it'll be short, or that it won't get even hotter.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 24, 2018, 06:27:12 PM »
Did you see the destruction of those vehicles.

No glass, plastic, rubber, fabric or the batting ..... Gone ! poofness....

The heat was intense enough to vaporize all the paint & non metal pieces however the metal didn't deform.

And the trees didn't burn outside - inward. They were "dry roasted" in patches so to speak.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:33:25 PM by azozeo »
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline David B.

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 24, 2018, 06:40:41 PM »
this story triggered some memories. So it seems Greece has some really weird development laws. Forests can't be touched so developers in the past have set them on fire to make them available for new projects. Some past examples of similar stories:
https://www.nytimes.com/1981/08/18/opinion/arson-and-anarchy.html
https://www.thenationalherald.com/11190/the-burning-of-greece-arson-is-part-of-development/
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6965666.stm
https://www.economist.com/europe/2005/08/25/burning-to-build

Still tragic and perhaps more so if in a different way.  For here right now we are getting a break; torrential rains forecast overnight. I'm probably ok and it might give them a shot of containment further north.
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 24, 2018, 06:48:16 PM »
Did you see the destruction of those vehicles.

No glass, plastic, rubber, fabric or the batting ..... Gone ! poofness....

The heat was intense enough to vaporize all the paint & non metal pieces however the metal didn't deform.

And the trees didn't burn outside - inward. They were "dry roasted" in patches so to speak.

Sure did AZ. That picture really stood out.  :o ::)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's News - Greece Wildfires: At least 74 Dead as Blaze Strikes
« Reply #1393 on: July 24, 2018, 09:00:28 PM »

:o :o :o   :WTF:

That's up from 60 yesterday.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #1394 on: July 25, 2018, 01:51:04 AM »

Puddles of metal on pavement that may be asphalt with the outside layer of bitumen tar baked out.  Asphalt is only about 2 % tar.  Asphalt would bake to gravel if if got hot enough for a long enough time.

This picture shows the rivulets of molten metal originate from were aluminum alloy wheels used to be.

This one show some of the wheel spokes melted and puddled on the vehicle in the foreground.  Some did not.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 01:59:01 AM by K-Dog »