PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Golden Oxen's Newz Channel

AuthorTopic: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel  (Read 168568 times)

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel
« Reply #1455 on: August 09, 2018, 02:54:14 AM »
Thanks Golden Oxen. I don't mean Uber or Air-bnb by 'silicone valley'. I mean google, facebook (with 'suggested posts' all confirming what you say) and microsoft, with their monopoly-surveillance scam. Its more than a monopoly when you really have no choice, except to use snail mail, phone call and fax machine.

Understood Agent Graves, We are on the same wave length as to Mr Gates, smiling little Mark Zuckerberg and those wonderful guys at Google are working on our behalf to keep us safe from bad influences.  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :laugh:

It's for the children as well.  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
West Virginia Lawmakers Move to Impeach Entire Supreme Court
« Reply #1456 on: August 10, 2018, 09:04:17 PM »
No idea if the accusations are true or not but his sort of stuff, if true, really bothers me.

Judges are in such a lofty position of trust and importance in our government, if they become corrupt we will have very little left as a functioning society.

Justice Allen Loughry faces up to 395 years in prison and $5.5 million in fines

Justice Allen Loughry faces up to 395 years in prison and $5.5 million in fines.  (WVPB)

West Virginia’s House Judiciary Committee moved to impeach the state’s entire Supreme Court this week.

The committee filed 14 articles of impeachment against the four judges on Tuesday, and they will now go to the full House of Delegates for a vote.

The articles allege the justices – Chief Justice Margaret Workman and Justices Allen Loughry, Robin Davis and Elizabeth Walker – have engaged in corruption, incompetency, neglect of duty, maladministration and certain high crimes.

The justices are also accused of “wasteful spending of taxpayer funds on lavish office renovations,” using public vehicles for personal matters and creating a plan to pay certain senior judges more than is lawful, the committee said.

“This is truly a sad day for West Virginia, but it is an important step forward if we are going to restore the public’s confidence in the judiciary,” state Rep. John Shott, a Republican who chairs the judiciary committee, said in a statement. “This committee did not take this effort lightly. After reviewing all the evidence available to us, it became clear that a culture of entitlement and disregard for both the law and taxpayer funds have damaged the reputation of our judicial system – and that all justices had a part in violating the public’s trust.”

Aside from the articles of impeachment, Loughry was previously suspended for allegedly repeatedly lying about using his office for personal gain. He pleaded not guilty in federal court in June to multiple counts involving alleged fraud.

His trial is expected to begin in early October. If convicted, he faces up to 395 years in prison and $5.5 million in fines.

WEST VIRGINIA SUPREME COURT JUSTICE FACES 395 YEARS BEHIND BARS IN FEDERAL FRAUD CASE

Among the offenses, Loughry is accused of using a government vehicle and credit card on personal trips, and unlawfully converting a historically significant piece of furniture for his own use – a desk that belonged to famed architect Cass Gilbert. He has also been charged with attempting to corruptly obstruct and influence testimonial evidence of a Supreme Court employee in an imminent grand jury investigation.

State Rep. Barbara Fleischauer, a Democrat, told the Charleston Gazette-Mail that the lumping of all the justices together in the articles of impeachment seemed to be a “coup,” of sorts, to help Republican Gov. Jim Justice appoint his choices to the court.

FOX NEWS MIDTERM ELECTIONS HEADQUARTERS

Normally, West Virginia has five Supreme Court justices who are elected to serve a 12-year term, NPR reported.

However, Menis E. Ketchum resigned from the state Supreme Court in July after he was accused of alleged federal wire fraud. He pleaded guilty to a felony charge of defrauding the state and faces up to 20 years in prison, according to WSAZ-TV.

The majority of the House will need to vote to move the articles of impeachment to the state Senate. There, two-thirds of the lawmakers will need to vote to adopt the articles to remove any justice from office.

The full House of Delegates is supposed to come back to session on Monday, August 13.

Loughry, who took office in 2012, was selected to serve as Chief Justice of the West Virginia Supreme Court in April 2017, but later that year was replaced amid reports that he and another justice spent more than a million dollars of public funds. He has since been suspended without pay.

Fox News’ Andrew O’Reilly and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/10/west-virginia-lawmakers-move-to-impeach-entire-supreme-court.html  :icon_study:

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
This one has developed into a major story in Beantown, a Pocahontas stronghold. Liz being condemned for anything, rather than worshiped, is a rare event in Taxachusetts. Folks are finally getting sick of this misuse and abuse of the word Racist from the lips of the Left.

Liz Warren’s ‘racist’ justice system comment irks cops

U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is coming under blistering attack from local police for calling the justice system “racist ... front to back” — including from Yarmouth’s top cop, who said her recent condolences for two slain Bay State officers is a slap in the face.

“I now cannot trust her words are real,” Yarmouth police Chief Frank G. Frederickson told the Herald last night. “It appears she is telling the audience in front of her what she thinks they want to hear.”

In a speech at Dillard University in New Orleans last Friday, Warren said “the hard truth about our criminal justice system: It’s racist. ... I mean front to back.”

Frederickson, whose officer Sgt. Sean Gannon was killed while delivering an arrest warrant on a career criminal in April in Barnstable, said Warren has “diminished the sincerity of her condolence efforts” and “slapped in the face” all the hardworking local, state and federal officers.

The chief also noted Warren spoke out after Weymouth Sgt. Michael Chesna was struck in the head with a rock and shot several times with his own gun on the morning of July 15, also by a repeat offender. Both officers died in the hospital and were posthumously promoted.

Late last night Warren responded, saying in a statement to the Herald: “I appreciate Chief Frederickson’s thoughtful comments. The men and women in law enforcement work in incredibly dangerous situations. We honor those in uniform who put their lives on the line every day and those who have been killed in the line of duty to keep the rest of us safe. I spoke about an entire system — not individuals — and will continue to work on reforms to make the criminal justice system fairer.”

In a post on the department’s Facebook page yesterday, Frederickson said “Warren’s recent statement tarnished us all” and was demeaning.

Warren, who has been named as a possible 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, is running for re-election in the fall.

She is scheduled to be in Eastham today at 3:30 p.m. at Nauset Regional High School for a town hall meeting.

Dudley police Chief Steven J. Wojnar, president of the Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association, also sent a letter to Warren this week slamming her choice of words.

“As a police chief in your home state of Massachusetts, as well as the statewide association representative, I am extremely troubled by this statement,” he wrote. “Labeling the entire criminal justice profession as ‘racist’ spreads false and damaging information about our members.”

Wojnar said cops are already “highly scrutinized” and harsh comments from political leaders don’t help.

“In recent months, we have seen the murder of two officers in Yarmouth and Weymouth. In only the last two weeks, two officers were shot in Falmouth,” he added.

“All of these officers were simply doing their jobs when they encountered dangerous individuals,” he wrote. “The outpouring of community support for these officers and their departments would appear to be contrary to your position.”

Wojnar added that, “at bare minimum,” police in Massachusetts deserve an explanation.

“As law enforcement professionals, as well as your constituents, that is deserved,” he added. “I gladly offer you the opportunity to discuss anything with us that you feel appropriate.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2018/08/liz_warren_s_racist_justice_system_comment_irks_cops  :icon_study: :icon_study:

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 11, 2018, 06:00:05 AM »
 Have been doing a bit of soul searching about my own fixed ideas and negative postings on political topics after all the commentary on the Forum lately about negative speech and it not being at all constructive.

Posted an article about Elizabeth Warren this morning injecting words like Pocahontas and Taxachusetts that were of my own doing that really accomplished nothing positive but showing my prejudices and lack of respect for others on the opposite political aisle.

Fact is there is an awful lot to like about Liz. Her absolute reaming of the banksters and the disgusting tactics that went on at Wells Fargo is just one of the reasons to admire this consumer advocate. How proud I was of her while the others who were supposed to be representing us were sitting on their duffs yawning.

Just a small effort to be fair, it's so easy to be critical and nasty to others and ignore their good qualities when you treat them emotionally as a political opponent rather than a fellow citizen.  :-[

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 11, 2018, 10:10:24 AM »
As Greg Hurwitz mentioned, the best lever for Democrats is to go after corruption, which could NOT be more rampant.

Trouble is that almost everyone in congress is on the take. Incumbent and corrupt go together like bread and butter.

Warren is a mixed bag. But she is a voice against corruption, one of the few.

I like the kinder, gentler GO.  I think you've become a part of the Intellectual Dark Web. LOL.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 10:43:51 AM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: August 11, 2018, 01:49:15 PM »
As Greg Hurwitz mentioned, the best lever for Democrats is to go after corruption, which could NOT be more rampant.

Trouble is that almost everyone in congress is on the take. Incumbent and corrupt go together like bread and butter.

Warren is a mixed bag. But she is a voice against corruption, one of the few.

I like the kinder, gentler GO.  I think you've become a part of the Intellectual Dark Web. LOL.

It's the same ol same ol GO Eddie.

I must be making some comments of late you don't find offensive is all.  :icon_mrgreen:

Always tried to explain to all you folks I'm really a hell of a nice guy. Shame my mother isn't still around to back me up.

They say I have a heart of Pure Gold
They say I have a heart of Pure Gold

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel - Hooray! Breaking Strzok Fired
« Reply #1461 on: August 13, 2018, 08:20:00 AM »

FBI agent Peter Strzok fired over anti-Trump texts

https://www.washingtonpost.com :icon_study: :icon_study:

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel ALERT!!! Mollie Tibbetts Found Dead!!!!!
« Reply #1462 on: August 21, 2018, 06:47:12 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/21/mollie-tibbetts-missing-iowa-student-found-dead-sources-say.html     :'( :'(

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1463 on: August 23, 2018, 03:39:45 AM »
The rush on the right to politicize this tragedy obscures the fundamental fact that Tibbetts repeatedly rebuffed Rivera's approach, and that "no" ought to be able to mean "no." But count on the Repukes to attempt to make dishonest political hay out of this young woman's death.

Court Documents: Mollie Tibbetts’ Accused Killer Not Here Illegally After All

Cristhian Bahena Rivera is charged with the murder of Mollie Tibbetts, a young woman who disappeared in July. Politicians have weighed in on the murder, turning the focus to immigration laws.

Donald Trump and Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds both made statements referencing illegal entry into the country. However, a document filed in court Wednesday says that Rivera is not in the country illegally after all, and was employed by a family member of a prominent Iowa Republican for years.

trump could prejudice jury in tibbetts case

Photo Via Mollie Tibbetts Family/Missing Poster

According to Des Moines Register, attorney Allen Richards has filed documentscalling for a gag order, saying that the president of the United States and other politicians are falsely calling the accused man an illegal immigrant, poisoning any potential jury pool.

Referring to Trump as “sad and sorry,” Richards identified Rivera’s long-time employer as Eric Lang, the brother of Iowa GOP politician Craig Lang. Richards further says that Lang has been able to confirm Rivera’s legal status.

We Are Iowa published a statement from the Langs saying their family farm follows employment laws, and verifies the legal status of all employees. The family expressed sympathy for the Tibbetts family, and regret that one of their employees could be involved in such a crime.

Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds tweeted yesterday blaming “a broken immigration system” for Tibbetts’ death.

Iowa Senator Joni Ernst wighed in on the case with a reference to “criminals who broke our immigration laws.”

A statement from the White House referred to Rivera as an illegal alien.

For 34 days, investigators searched for 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts. Yesterday, an illegal alien, now charged with first-degree murder, led police to the cornfield where her body was found.

Politico cites Trump’s appearance at a campaign rally, where he called Rivera “that illegal alien from Mexico.”

You heard about today with the illegal alien coming in, sadly, from Mexico, and you saw what happened to that incredible beautiful young woman.

Prejudicing a potential jury pool ahead of a trial can result in difficulty selecting an impartial jury, and can open the door for appeals if the accused is convicted.

The legal system, when it works at its best, brings criminals to justice. However, prejudicial public statements from politicians aiming to further an agenda as mid-term elections approach can interfere with that purpose, rather than aiding it.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: August 23, 2018, 05:05:16 AM »
The rush on the right to politicize this tragedy obscures the fundamental fact that Tibbetts repeatedly rebuffed Rivera's approach, and that "no" ought to be able to mean "no." But count on the Repukes to attempt to make dishonest political hay out of this young woman's death.

Court Documents: Mollie Tibbetts’ Accused Killer Not Here Illegally After All

Couldn't agree with you more on this point of tragedies being politicized Surly.

Calling it disgraceful would be too kind, it's become a real tragic situation for our country IMO.
  :emthdown: :'(

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: August 23, 2018, 05:33:00 AM »
Admins, Hi, I posted a lecture by Dr. Jordan Peterson on Ashvin's IDW thread on 8/21. It has yet to appear.

Mentioned here only because it is still listed as waiting for a moderator, and I am unable to send a PM message  to anyone. Thinking it may be caught in a glitch such as Karpatok's posting of last week which went unnoticed for this reason as explained by admin.     Thanks for your inquiry into this matter,  Regards, GO

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: August 23, 2018, 05:56:31 AM »
The unfortunate fact remains that we have an awful lot of immigrants in this country who are essentially the feral children of our overpopulated and under-policed neighbors to the south. The nuance of whether this young guy has a green card or not is probably lost on most people who view immigration as a major issue.

Presumption of innocence is a basic tenet of our legal system, and I don't think The Donald should be shooting his mouth off, don't get me wrong. But it looks pretty open and shut. He led them to the body.

You can't blame the public for recognizing that an innocent young woman has been murdered by an immigrant. In this area, many such young women have disappeared never to be even found, and this kind of case makes people wonder how many of them were victims of immigrants too, legal or not.

We've had a number of illegal alien serial murderers in Texas over the years. That's a fact, not an opinion. Does that make all aliens bad? Of course not, but you just can't brush it aside. Along with all the people looking for a better life, we get a percentage of poorly socialized, violent transient men who become sexual predators.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 06:02:58 AM by Eddie »

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 23, 2018, 06:00:17 AM »
Admins, Hi, I posted a lecture by Dr. Jordan Peterson on Ashvin's IDW thread on 8/21. It has yet to appear.

Mentioned here only because it is still listed as waiting for a moderator, and I am unable to send a PM message  to anyone. Thinking it may be caught in a glitch such as Karpatok's posting of last week which went unnoticed for this reason as explained by admin.     Thanks for your inquiry into this matter,  Regards, GO

Sorry, GO. I will post it, but would you point out the thread. I am not instantly finding it. IDW? Sorry, still havng coffee and not fully firing on all my cylinders.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 23, 2018, 06:01:28 AM »
I have been busy, but wanting to watch more JP anyway. He is a man after my own heart.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 23, 2018, 06:28:00 AM »
Thanks Eddie, Kitchen Sink/ Intellectual Dark Web

Dr Peterson is a most interesting person. I also rank him highly.