AuthorTopic: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel  (Read 170180 times)

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's Newz Channel
« Reply #1485 on: September 18, 2018, 10:38:26 AM »
I feel for him. There are a fair  number of Model 3's (or whatever they call the lower-priced model) on the road here, and they have the same excellent fit and finish of the expensive ones. You'd like to see him succeed. We need more good eV cars.

He's a very impressive guy, but just trying to break into one of the hardest, dirtiest, cutthroat, most dangerous industries in the world. The odds were never good, I'm afraid.

Yes, it was a most difficult task.

I am an admirer of Mr Chanos and he explained it way back. Posted a video here a while back by Jim, you might have seen it.

You have been around the block long enough to know that gurus are mostly loudmouths with opinions.

When Jim Chanos talks however, GO listens and mulls it over for weeks not minutes.

I still give the kid a long shot chance of getting out of the hole, but it's just a scratch ticket at this stage it appears.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: September 18, 2018, 10:46:11 AM »
I feel for him. There are a fair  number of Model 3's (or whatever they call the lower-priced model) on the road here, and they have the same excellent fit and finish of the expensive ones. You'd like to see him succeed. We need more good eV cars.

He's a very impressive guy, but just trying to break into one of the hardest, dirtiest, cutthroat, most dangerous industries in the world. The odds were never good, I'm afraid.

If he plays his cards right & does a top shelf suck-up act to VW maybe they'll give him fitycent on the dollar for his
plant & all of the trimmings. Float the debt & call it good.

Anything is possible but there is plenty of capacity already in the industry. VW has big problems of their own as well. Tesla needs cash and lots of it. The boys with deep pockets and know how have their own EV's in production already after years of capex and R&D expense. Maybe a South Korean or Chinese auto maker more likely?    :dontknow:

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: September 18, 2018, 10:59:44 AM »

If he plays his cards right & does a top shelf suck-up act to VW maybe they'll give him fitycent on the dollar for his
plant & all of the trimmings. Float the debt & call it good.

Anything is possible but there is plenty of capacity already in the industry. VW has big problems of their own as well. Tesla needs cash and lots of it. The boys with deep pockets and know how have their own EV's in production already after years of capex and R&D expense. Maybe a South Korean or Chinese auto maker more likely?    :dontknow:

As I type, Audi is in a deal with Hyundai to produce joint venture vehicles.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: September 19, 2018, 04:50:55 AM »
Couldn't help thinking what an absolute economic powerhouse a united Korea would likely be. :cwmddd:

Thank You Mr President for whatever you said to bring this remarkable change in behavior. Hope it's for real, the poor folks in North Korea have truly suffered under this brutal communist regime.

South Korean President Moon Jae-in, left, talks with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un at Okryu-Gwan restaurant in Pyongyang, North Korea, Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2018. Moon and Kim announced a sweeping set of agreements after their second day of talks in Pyongyang on Wednesday that included a promise by Kim to permanently dismantle the North's main nuclear complex if the United States takes corresponding measures, the acceptance of international inspectors to monitor the closing of a key missile test site and launch pad and a vow to work together to host the Summer Olympics in 2032.(Pyongyang Press Corps Pool via AP)     :emthup: :emthup:

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's News - FLASH - ROSENSTEIN RESIGNING!!
« Reply #1489 on: September 24, 2018, 07:51:59 AM »
Hooray! 

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: September 24, 2018, 07:55:59 AM »
Who picks the successor? The AG, I presume. I wonder if he has the backbone to not let Trump tell him who to hire.

I would have preferred for this to have not happened at this point. It really puts Mueller at risk to be fired, which I think would be a disaster.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: September 24, 2018, 08:04:42 AM »
Who picks the successor? The AG, I presume. I wonder if he has the backbone to not let Trump tell him who to hire.

I would have preferred for this to have not happened at this point. It really puts Mueller at risk to be fired, which I think would be a disaster.

Are you cracking a joke??  :icon_scratch:

Sessions and Trump hate each others fucking guts, Period!

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: September 24, 2018, 08:17:36 AM »
So who picks?

And if Sessions picks, does he pick somebody who supports Mueller, or does he cave to conservative pressure? Sessions has plenty of reason not to care for Trump, but Sessions is still an uber-conservative dweeb.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's News - Jordan Peterson says Brett Kavanaugh Should Step Down
« Reply #1493 on: October 09, 2018, 07:24:45 AM »
Not and idea that I approve of by any means but thought it worthy of the forum.

Actually I'm a bit disappointed at Jordan Peterson for this line of thought. As stated often we are all different folks with viewpoints to express.   

Jordan Peterson says that Brett Kavanaugh should step down — but not for the reason you might think

Psychology professor and best-selling author Jordan Peterson said that Judge Brett Kavanaugh should have stepped down from the Supreme Court when confirmed, according to tweets Peterson sent over the weekend.
What are the details?

Peterson’s tweet came on Friday, prior to Kavanaugh being confirmed to the Supreme Court.

In response to a tweet by former Evergreen State College professor Bret Weinstein who called Kavanaugh an “entitled punk,” Peterson wrote, “If confirmed, Kavanaugh should step down.”

Weinstein had written, “My position on the #Kavanaugh confirmation: Both outcomes are completely unacceptable. Kavanaugh was clearly, at the very least, an entitled punk through college. Nothing suggests a radical shift in mindset. He appears to be the kind of adult that entitled punk grow into.”

Weinstein’s lengthy tweet added, “Putting someone on the court who is likely to view the world through those narrow eyes is a betrayal of the most elemental American values. All the worse that the nomination came from another entitled punk. It’s a divisive finger-in-the-eye-for-life to patriots of all stripes.”
What about the backlash?

Naturally, Peterson received a lot of attention for his tweet.

Hours after Peterson sent his initial tweet about Kavanaugh stepping down from the Supreme Court, he expounded on his reason for saying so.

In a second tweet, Peterson wrote, “I’m not certain that is the right move. It’s very complex. But he would have his name cleared, and a figure who might be less divisive might be put forward.”

He later added, “That might decrease residual alienation from the left, and make things less polarized moving forward. Of course, that has to be balanced against handing any victory to the ‘believe all accusers’ crowd.”

“I was thinking all this whole trying to plot out a strategy that would be least damaging, on the whole,” Peterson continued, and noted that he’s not insisting that his way of looking at the situation is the correct way.

“And I’m not jumping up and down claiming to be correct. Thought is experiment, not reality,” he said.

“I believed if confirmed then Kavanaugh would be vindicated and could preserve his reputation (I understand the damage that has been done to him. perhaps better than most) but by withdrawing he could effectively deprive his more radical opponents of their [self-righteous] moralism,” Peterson explained.

“As I said,” he concluded, “this could be wrong.”

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/10/08/jordan-peterson-says-that-brett-kavanaugh-should-step-down-but-not-for-the-reason-you-might-think   :icon_study: :icon_scratch:

Offline Ashvin

• Red Psycho
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's News - Jordan Peterson says Brett Kavanaugh Should Step Down
« Reply #1494 on: October 09, 2018, 09:22:57 AM »
Not and idea that I approve of by any means but thought it worthy of the forum.

Actually I'm a bit disappointed at Jordan Peterson for this line of thought. As stated often we are all different folks with viewpoints to express.   

Jordan Peterson says that Brett Kavanaugh should step down — but not for the reason you might think

Psychology professor and best-selling author Jordan Peterson said that Judge Brett Kavanaugh should have stepped down from the Supreme Court when confirmed, according to tweets Peterson sent over the weekend.
What are the details?

Peterson’s tweet came on Friday, prior to Kavanaugh being confirmed to the Supreme Court.

In response to a tweet by former Evergreen State College professor Bret Weinstein who called Kavanaugh an “entitled punk,” Peterson wrote, “If confirmed, Kavanaugh should step down.”

Weinstein had written, “My position on the #Kavanaugh confirmation: Both outcomes are completely unacceptable. Kavanaugh was clearly, at the very least, an entitled punk through college. Nothing suggests a radical shift in mindset. He appears to be the kind of adult that entitled punk grow into.”

Weinstein’s lengthy tweet added, “Putting someone on the court who is likely to view the world through those narrow eyes is a betrayal of the most elemental American values. All the worse that the nomination came from another entitled punk. It’s a divisive finger-in-the-eye-for-life to patriots of all stripes.”
What about the backlash?

Naturally, Peterson received a lot of attention for his tweet.

Hours after Peterson sent his initial tweet about Kavanaugh stepping down from the Supreme Court, he expounded on his reason for saying so.

In a second tweet, Peterson wrote, “I’m not certain that is the right move. It’s very complex. But he would have his name cleared, and a figure who might be less divisive might be put forward.”

He later added, “That might decrease residual alienation from the left, and make things less polarized moving forward. Of course, that has to be balanced against handing any victory to the ‘believe all accusers’ crowd.”

“I was thinking all this whole trying to plot out a strategy that would be least damaging, on the whole,” Peterson continued, and noted that he’s not insisting that his way of looking at the situation is the correct way.

“And I’m not jumping up and down claiming to be correct. Thought is experiment, not reality,” he said.

“I believed if confirmed then Kavanaugh would be vindicated and could preserve his reputation (I understand the damage that has been done to him. perhaps better than most) but by withdrawing he could effectively deprive his more radical opponents of their [self-righteous] moralism,” Peterson explained.

“As I said,” he concluded, “this could be wrong.”

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/10/08/jordan-peterson-says-that-brett-kavanaugh-should-step-down-but-not-for-the-reason-you-might-think   :icon_study: :icon_scratch:

GO, thanks for sharing. I probably disagree with Peterson's line of reasoning as well. It reminds me of the comment he made to the panel on Bill Maher earlier this year - 'what would happen to the large numbers of people who voted for Trump if he were impeached?'. A question that no one knew how to answer. I would put back the same question to Peterson on this. Obviously a voluntary resignation is different from impeachment, but it would still disappoint a lot of people who were supporting him and/or battling for his confirmation. As Peterson points out, it would also hand a victory to the "believe all accusers" crowd, which is a horrible thing to do at this time in our culture.

That said, I agree with Weinstein's characterization of Kavanaugh and wish he had not been nominated in the first place - but it's not surprising Trump would nominate such a person.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Oxen's News Breaking!! Dow Down over 800 at close 0ver 3%
« Reply #1495 on: October 10, 2018, 01:43:01 PM »
Dow Plunges over 800!!!

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: October 10, 2018, 02:12:42 PM »
Dow Plunges over 800!!!

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: October 10, 2018, 02:13:11 PM »
The carnage continued in the after hours. Maybe when the Fed keeps raising rates.....and raising rates....and the President starts  trade wars with all our trading partners......eventually actions do have consequences.

Carnage Continues After-Hours - Dow Down 1000 Pts, Nasdaq Collapses 5%

Wed, 10/10/2018 - 16:51

After the ugliest day in years, things got uglier after-hours...

Dow futures are now down 1000 points...

And Nasdaq futures down 5%!!

This is the worst day for Nasdaq Futures since 2011...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-10/carnage-continues-after-hours-dow-down-1000-pts-nasdaq-collapses-5

But it's okay. Trump says it's just a bull market correction. Nothing to worry about.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: October 10, 2018, 02:14:00 PM »
Dow Plunges over 800!!!

Did you piss your pants & have to run to the crappah' ?

How did Au respond  :icon_sunny:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: October 10, 2018, 02:15:17 PM »
The carnage continued in the after hours. Maybe when the Fed keeps raising rates.....and raising rates....and the President starts  trade wars with all our trading partners......eventually actions do have consequences.

Carnage Continues After-Hours - Dow Down 1000 Pts, Nasdaq Collapses 5%

Wed, 10/10/2018 - 16:51

After the ugliest day in years, things got uglier after-hours...

Dow futures are now down 1000 points...

And Nasdaq futures down 5%!!

This is the worst day for Nasdaq Futures since 2011...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-10/carnage-continues-after-hours-dow-down-1000-pts-nasdaq-collapses-5

But it's okay. Trump says it's just a bull market correction. Nothing to worry about.

It's October & to be expected ! Buy on the dips  :icon_sunny: