PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Frostbite Falls Daily Rant

AuthorTopic: Frostbite Falls Daily Rant  (Read 252235 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
📺 Monty Python Night
« Reply #1725 on: November 06, 2018, 03:18:44 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/t5rExOUynZM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/t5rExOUynZM</a>
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Don't go Food Shopping the day before Thanksgiving
« Reply #1726 on: November 21, 2018, 06:30:24 PM »
I went out today to get some supplies for Turkey Day and hit the big Fred Meyer in Wasilla.  It was not fun.

First off, the traffic was so heavy on the Palmer-Wasilla Highway I couldn't get out of the complex and cross the road to head for the Palmer Fred Meyer which is closer.  So I finally gave up and made the right turn to head for Wasilla.  Once I got there, the parking lot was an even worse traffic nightmare.  But I managed to negotiate my way through that without getting in a fender bender and lucked out for a fairly good parking spot without too long a walk from the car to the entrance.  I lucked out again once I hobbled my way there, there was 1 Cripple Cart left which I snagged.

Cruising the aisles was an even worse traffic problem.  The place was PACKED with shoppers, plus the aisles were narrowed down because they were loaded up with merchandise to sell on Black Friday and through the rest of the Christmas season conspicuous consumption frenzy, all on pallets.  It's hard for me to believe all this stuff sells in this community, but I guess it does somehow.

Anyhow, I did get back to the digs safely after all this aggravation, and now don't have to leave again until at least Monday.  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🦃 Happy Thanksgiving Diners!
« Reply #1727 on: November 22, 2018, 04:47:41 AM »

Jackasses Fry A Turkey
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VLqPUVsyGoU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VLqPUVsyGoU</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XULxMJXR-as" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XULxMJXR-as</a>

Let's be careful out there!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving Diners
« Reply #1728 on: November 22, 2018, 07:50:11 AM »
The chocolate mousse is made and my steaks have marinated overnight (fresh garlic rub, with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper).

The weather here is coolish and not sunny, so the usual trip to Zilker Park has been scrapped in favor of my eldest daughter's house. This is SUCH a nice change from doing it here, takes a lot of stress off the missus and even off me.

I have my cheap-ass washtub grille in the truck and will be doing the steaks over mesquite in teacher daughter's postage-stamp backyard.

The new tenants have just moved in the house we bought next door, so I can put them under surveillance while I make the steaks, provided they go outside. I hope they're decent tenants. The house is way too nice for a rental, and I expect it'll get a lot of wear and tear, but that comes with the deal.

They have no idea the owner's family lives next door, or that I'll have spies in their neighborhood.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving Diners
« Reply #1729 on: November 22, 2018, 08:29:56 AM »
The chocolate mousse is made and my steaks have marinated overnight (fresh garlic rub, with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper).

The weather here is coolish and not sunny, so the usual trip to Zilker Park has been scrapped in favor of my eldest daughter's house. This is SUCH a nice change from doing it here, takes a lot of stress off the missus and even off me.

I have my cheap-ass washtub grille in the truck and will be doing the steaks over mesquite in teacher daughter's postage-stamp backyard.

The new tenants have just moved in the house we bought next door, so I can put them under surveillance while I make the steaks, provided they go outside. I hope they're decent tenants. The house is way too nice for a rental, and I expect it'll get a lot of wear and tear, but that comes with the deal.

They have no idea the owner's family lives next door, or that I'll have spies in their neighborhood.

Sounds almost as good as my Thanksgiving meal, all prepped and ready to go.  Article coming to a laptio near you later in the day once I cook it up.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
💀 The Great Tombstone Adventure 2: Touring Quinn's Hot Springs
« Reply #1730 on: December 05, 2018, 09:29:37 AM »
I hit the Hot Spring Pool today, and it was GREAT!  :icon_sunny:  It really soothed my Crippled Bones and also helped soaking off some of the Alligator Skin from my lower legs and feet.  Temp in the hottest of the pools is around 108F, which s a very comfortable temp you can soak in for a long time without overheating.  The coolest pool is at 65F, and you get a nice rush going from one to the other to not overheat and keep soaking.  I would like the Hot Pool a bit hotter, but they are limited in how hot it can be kept at.    Probably too many people wold get heart attacks or pass out and drown if it was much hotter.

My appetite has also improved a lot, although I didn't hit the restaurant today.  We have a lot of Cooler Food to work through before I return to the Last Great Frontier, plus I still had leftover Prime Rib to work through.  I think I like Prime Rib even more cold as a leftover than right out of the oven.  I also invented a new Salad, Avocado-Heirloom Tomato-Kalamata Olive Caesar Salad.  :icon_sunny:  I use Marie's Caesar Dressing and LOTS of shredded Parmesan Cheese in this Recipe.  All ingredients come from the all-important Cooler, a bsic Pep you cannot do without!

Quinns Cooler Salad
Quinns Cooler Salad

Here is a Cripple Cart Video Tour of Quinn's Hot Springs, Over the Puddles and Through the Bar to the Soaking Pool We Go!  :icon_sunny:  It was a little drzzly but once in the hot water this is meaningless.  People show up here year-round, it's not seasonal.  Temp -25F, NO PROBLEMO!  ::)  I however would not do this at such low temps.  You DO have to get into and out of the hot water!  I'd put my minimum external temp around 40F for doing the Hot Springs.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PfthSDm6G04" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PfthSDm6G04</a>

No Audio, I will record  Narration later.

Here's my Intro to Soaking with Live Audio:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cZINvDQkGCY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cZINvDQkGCY</a>

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🏔️ Frostbite Falls Daily Rant: SUN🌞 Now Hiring
« Reply #1731 on: December 19, 2018, 09:04:50 AM »
My new gimmick for getting some cheap Cripple Caretaker help.  My last 2 were very unreliable.  I am spreading the net wider now with advertising.  I made it look Professional on Glossy Paper with full color to attract a better quality of workers, hopefully.  I'm putting up the flyer on the Bulletin Board of the local Food Superstores and the Free Food Pantries.  I'll hold Interviews at the Kalahdi Brothers Coffee Shop where I used to do the Collapse Cafe Broadcasts from.  I'm using my Month-Month cell phone  number I got from Consumer Cellular for this.  It's not really 666-666-6666.  :evil4: lol.  Its a local 907 number. I shall report on how this works out if I get some people calling to set up interviews.

click to enlarge
SUN Hiring
SUN Hiring

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Frostbite Falls Daily Rant
« Reply #1732 on: December 19, 2018, 09:23:49 AM »
The 666 number would probably draw more interesting applicants.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: December 19, 2018, 09:35:09 AM »
The 666 number would probably draw more interesting applicants.

It wasn't available from Consumer Cellular.  :(

Only $20/month to maintain this line, no contract!  I am considering dropping my GCI numbers for it.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 🏔️ Frostbite Falls Daily Rant: SUN🌞 Now Hiring
« Reply #1734 on: December 19, 2018, 12:41:29 PM »
My new gimmick for getting some cheap Cripple Caretaker help.  My last 2 were very unreliable.  I am spreading the net wider now with advertising.  I made it look Professional on Glossy Paper with full color to attract a better quality of workers, hopefully.  I'm putting up the flyer on the Bulletin Board of the local Food Superstores and the Free Food Pantries.  I'll hold Interviews at the Kalahdi Brothers Coffee Shop where I used to do the Collapse Cafe Broadcasts from.  I'm using my Month-Month cell phone  number I got from Consumer Cellular for this.  It's not really 666-666-6666.  :evil4: lol.  Its a local 907 number. I shall report on how this works out if I get some people calling to set up interviews.

click to enlarge
SUN Hiring
SUN Hiring

RE

Is there a community college that offers LVN type classes around the area ?
You might reel in a couple of fresh ones from a CC ...

Keep the Bates motel motif in the closet til' such a more apropos time.  :evil4:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 🏔️ Frostbite Falls Daily Rant: SUN🌞 Now Hiring
« Reply #1735 on: December 19, 2018, 12:52:02 PM »
Is there a community college that offers LVN type classes around the area ?
You might reel in a couple of fresh ones from a CC ...

Keep the Bates motel motif in the closet til' such a more apropos time.  :evil4:

We have a local CC here yes, Mat-Su Community College!  :icon_sunny:  Part of the UoA  system, which has its main campuses in Anchorage & Fairbanks.  Only about 2 miles from my digs!  :emthup:

Great Idea there AZ.   I'll print up a couple more Flyers.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: December 19, 2018, 01:25:31 PM »
Millennial's are always lookin' for e-z money.
Adult Day Care with you should be a piece of history  :icon_mrgreen:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: December 19, 2018, 01:30:45 PM »
Millennial's are always lookin' for e-z money.
Adult Day Care with you should be a piece of history  :icon_mrgreen:

Only the Tough Survive.  ;D

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🖥️ Christmas Computer Crash 2018
« Reply #1738 on: December 22, 2018, 02:51:47 PM »
Great Christmas present!  NOT!  ::)

Still working my way through my computer woes which began a couple of days ago.

I'm now up and running well for Diner tasks and other internet shit on my backup laptop.  I am still without Printer capability though as there also seems to be a problem with my wireless printer, I can't get any of my computers to recognize it.  I decided just to buy a new printer.  :icon_sunny:  They're cheap.  $70 for the latest HP, which is this year's upgrade of my old printer and takes the same ink cartridges.  That's important because those are almost as expensive as buying a whole new printer and I have 2 color and 1 BW extra cartridges for when the ink runs out.

The next issue is my main computer, the Dell Big Screen All-in-One.  Getting it repaired is difficult logistically because I'm too weak to lift it these days and get it in the car.  Until I get a new PCA hired I can't get it to the shop.  So instead I am ordering an even BIGGER monitor of 32" to use with my Laptop for right now.  :icon_sunny:  That's only $170.

Hopefully I'll be back to normal on screen size and printing capability by early January.  Then hopefuly I can get the Dell in for an overhaul.  I'm still pretty safe on staying online, I have 2 other laptops whih are both functioning right now pretty well.  I also managed to get most of my important documents off the Dell so I'm not losing anything major there.

OK, back to the Solstice Festivities!  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
RELEASE THE KRACKEN!
« Reply #1739 on: February 06, 2019, 06:49:08 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/38AYeNGjqg0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/38AYeNGjqg0</a>

In the Spirit of the Diner 7th Anniversary Celebration, I am Paroling Watson (Ashvin) 40 days early before this round in the Cooler expires.  ;D

RE
Save As Many As You Can