PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Frostbite Falls Daily Rant

AuthorTopic: Frostbite Falls Daily Rant  (Read 250085 times)

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Frostbite Falls Daily Rant
« Reply #1740 on: February 06, 2019, 08:06:11 AM »
Good. Now treat him decently, even though he disagrees with you on a few things. LOL.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: February 06, 2019, 09:36:11 AM »
Good. Now treat him decently, even though he disagrees with you on a few things. LOL.

I have always treated him decently.  :icon_sunny:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pa3QpnXtU88" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pa3QpnXtU88</a>

Don't Fuck with Admin.  Power of God on a Forum:icon_mrgreen:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The TAXES are DONE!
« Reply #1742 on: April 04, 2019, 01:09:36 PM »
I got my Personal Tax Documents over to my Tax Professional at HR Block finally, after a few weeks of procrastination on this portion of the annual torture session.  I got the SUN Foundation financial records over to her a few weeks ago, and we filed the return electronically last week and it was accepted by the IRS.  That's a major headache off my mind, although SC Charities where the non-profit is chartered give you their own set of bureaucratic hassles.

For my Personal Taxes, I don't even really need to file anymore, I am now BELOW the threshhold where you are required to file a return in terms of Income.  :icon_sunny:  Being Poor has its advantages.  lol.  However, I elected to file anyhow, just because, well, I have filed a tax return now for around 45 years every year, and I am going to go to the Great Beyond with every year I made any moey fully documented in the database of the IRS.  :icon_sunny:

This one was really EZ, I didn't even have to drive over to the HR Block office in Wasilla.  I did it all over the HR Block website, which is really well designed BTW and quite EZ to use.  Once my TP had the return prepared, all I had to do was go online and approve it and pay the HR Block fee, only $60 for poor people who have zero tax liability like me.  I don't contirbute a dime to the USMIC.  :icon_sunny:

Also done is my Alaska PFD, so in October I should get my annual deposit from Alaska Big Oil for being still above ground and able to fog a mirror.  Not sure how much it will be this year, there is much dickering going on in the State Legislature over the budget deficit, which they hope to partially solve by raiding the PFD fund earmarked for individual Alaska Residents.  I still figure it will top $1000 though per person.

All my Financial Ducks appear to be in a row, I am getting my full SS check every month again and my pension check, so all is good here on this level.  Retirement is GREAT!  If I had at least some of my health back, these would be the happiest days of my life.  Can't win'em all though.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Frostbite Falls Daily Rant: An Uncanny Resemblance...
« Reply #1743 on: April 22, 2019, 04:30:43 PM »
Forget the Trotsky resemblance, this one is better!  :icon_sunny:

click the pic to enlarge
REsemblance Anon
REsemblance Anon

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Online azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Frostbite Falls Daily Rant: An Uncanny Resemblance...
« Reply #1744 on: April 22, 2019, 05:07:03 PM »
Forget the Trotsky resemblance, this one is better!  :icon_sunny:

click the pic to enlarge
REsemblance Anon
REsemblance Anon

RE

You're NOT looking for mailbox money royalties I hope .....
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Frostbite Falls Daily Rant: An Uncanny Resemblance...
« Reply #1745 on: April 22, 2019, 05:18:28 PM »
You're NOT looking for mailbox money royalties I hope .....

No, just more promotional materials for the Diner. How about this one?

REsemblance Anon demotivation 1
REsemblance Anon demotivation 1

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🏖️ It's FUCKING HOT on the Last Great Frontier!
« Reply #1746 on: June 27, 2019, 07:13:42 PM »
We topped 80F today for the first time this year, which is damn hot by Alaska standards.  Tomorrow the forecast has it going to 87! :o  It might even top 90F, which in the Decade+ I have lived here only happened once on one day.  I am fucking WILTING!  My digs of course have no A/C, nobody in AK has it.

I am going to need to buy some Lakefront Property for my Doomstead.  ::)

RE

Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: June 27, 2019, 07:30:10 PM »
I miss it. It is extremely beautiful in AK.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: June 27, 2019, 07:30:46 PM »
In the summer, I mean. LOL.

Offline Nearingsfault

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: June 27, 2019, 07:43:31 PM »
we hit mid 80s today. I'm sleeping in the basement tonight; a nice cool cave.
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: June 27, 2019, 07:47:21 PM »
In the summer, I mean. LOL.

Nice in Winter too.  GREAT Skiing at Alyeska.  Cross Country trails everywhere, and if you like the motorized stuff, snow machining.  If you love dogs, Mushing is a great pastime to get into.

Yea, we get a few Sub-ZeroF days in the valley, but not too many since it is relatively close to the coast.  It's not fucking Fairbanks or the Slope.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: June 27, 2019, 07:50:11 PM »
It's actually been quite mild here this week, and in fact so far this summer. Couple of hot days, but some cloudy cool weather in the high 80's here in the past few days.

One of the wettest years for us on record.

In the Texas Hill Country, a wet year is a real blessing.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: June 27, 2019, 07:52:19 PM »
I am at the lake alone with the dogs. I sense they'd rather drive back to town where the girls are, before bedtime, but that's too bad. Tough noogies.

I'm getting ready to go sailing tomorrow.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: June 27, 2019, 08:11:16 PM »
I am at the lake alone with the dogs. I sense they'd rather drive back to town where the girls are, before bedtime, but that's too bad. Tough noogies.

I'm getting ready to go sailing tomorrow.

Get Videos!  We don't have our own Sailing Channel yet.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🐟 Fabulous Run for the King Salmon this year on the Last Great Frontier
« Reply #1754 on: June 28, 2019, 11:25:41 AM »
The Kings are running big this year!  :icon_sunny:  I am semi-depressed that I can't do my own fishing, but I am going to buy a license and go out to the Little Susitna and see if I can get somebody to fish one up for me after he fishes his own up.  Alaskans are allowed to do that for each other.  I'll also cook up some Salmon on site and give it away, that should encourage the gift of at least a fillet or two.  At worst, I'll get some vid.  :icon_sunny:

RE

https://www.ktva.com/story/40713370/fish-on-little-susitna-river-opens-for-king-salmon-sport-fishing

Fish on: Little Susitna River opens for king salmon sport fishing
Wednesday, June 26th 2019, 5:31 PM AKDT
Updated: Wednesday, June 26th 2019, 7:32 PM AKDT
By: Heather Hintze

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/l41HxJHnECo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/l41HxJHnECo</a>

Anglers on the Little Susitna River now have the green light to get their lures in the water and catch some big fish.

The Alaska Department of Fish and Game announced it would open the river drainage for sport fishing after reaching its escapement goal of between 2,300 and 3,900 king salmon.

Area Management Biologist Sam Ivey said the weir in the river has had an underwater camera for about three years. This year, staff have fine-tuned the system so it’s able to help them better track the number of fish passing through.

The fish that are caught on camera overnight are counted in the morning. The camera also makes it easier for staff to see the fish if the water gets murky from the glacial silt.

“Having this weir in place allows more timely, in-season management of the sport fishery when the fish show up we can assess run size fairly quickly and that’s what we were able to do in this case,” Ivey said.

Monitoring the run is crucial to preserving the future of the fish. According to Ivey, the Little Su was closed to king fishing for most of the 2018 season and the 2019 season started off closed as well.

ADFG had a hard time counting fish that passed through the weir in 2018 because the river flooded; Ivey said the fish count data on the state’s website is not accurate for that year.

He estimates a little more than 900 fish made it through the weir in 2018. So far there have been three times that this year.

"This year’s run has taken an unexpected, but pleasant turn for the better, with a jump in counts over this past weekend,” Ivey said in a release announcing the river's opening. “With the goal achieved we can relax restrictions on the Little Su and provide another opportunity for anglers to go catch a king salmon”.

Technicians counted 857 fish alone on June 24. Ivey said many of the salmon seem to be around 5-years-old, which is promising.

“There's a couple positive things that we’re seeing in the age composition of this year’s run that could bode well for the future, we’ll just see how those pan out,” he said.

The Little Su opened to king salmon sport fishing on Wednesday. The day proved successful for some people who came back with tales of the one that didn’t get away.

“He was a good fighter. He took quite a while, bit really hard,” said Marlena Aleksandrushkin as she showed off her sizable Chinook.

One of the best catches of the day belonged to Daniel Warta. The Anchorage college student reeled in a king salmon weighing about 30 pounds about an hour after he started fishing.

“It was quite a fight," he said. "One of the better fights I’ve had with a king salmon before."

The Little Su closes to king salmon sport fishing on Saturday, July 13 at 11 p.m. ADFG says the bag and possession limit for king salmon, 20 inches or greater, is one per day, one in possession.
Save As Many As You Can