PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Frostbite Falls Daily Rant

AuthorTopic: Frostbite Falls Daily Rant  (Read 233994 times)

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas Diners!
« Reply #1575 on: December 25, 2017, 06:17:22 AM »
It's Christmas Eve here on the Last Great Frontier, and in fact already Christmas for some Diners.  Santa has already been down Monsta's chimney and is on his way to visit GM in suburban SC.  He will find LD later in the day somewhere on the Eisenhower Interstate and descend down the Diesel Exhaust pipe of his International.

As is my tradition here on the Diner I will embed  "The Christmas Song" from Angel to wish you all the best in collapse.  :icon_sunny:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/N1JvA5-E_-E" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/N1JvA5-E_-E</a>

Gotta love that 70s glitter rock from the Eurotrash.

RE

And a Grand canyon SIZED MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Thought I'd share a vid of one of my neighbors a couple blocks over.
Cat knows how to plug shit in....
He got a national award this year.
Enjoy !

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MnL0_CsXncI&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MnL0_CsXncI&fs=1</a>
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas Diners!
« Reply #1576 on: December 25, 2017, 05:00:10 PM »
http://sananda.website/the-andromedans-via-galaxygirl-december-25th-2017/

The Andromedans via Galaxygirl, December 25th, 2017

Per Staffan December 25, 2017

Andromedans (channeled messages)

Message from the Andromedans for December 25, 2017

Andromedans 12/25/27

Greetings, friends! We are the Andromedans, your next door neighbors, and we send you holiday best wishes of joy, happiness and prosperity today on this blessed day within your varied holiday season. We have our own holidays, of course, but we are observing your earthly traditions with much interest and intrigue. Your foods are so fragrant and tasty and quite exotic to us. The lights, fragrances of baking and laughter with friends are ringing all over Earth like happy tinkling bells today and the vibration is nice and high, which is also an added bonus, as you say.

Our message is one of love and support for you, Humanity. You’re are not alone- nor have you ever been – and it is time for you to now know this and accept this. There is much to see and do in other star systems. There is much to learn from each other; customs, technology, food, and so forth. There is much joy and excitement for the reuniting of soul groups that we greatly look forward to, for there will be much to celebrate in your Collective and planetary ascension!

We send love to you each individually now; can you feel your crown and your spine tingle with the energies that we are transmitting now and any time you will read this? Be in joy. There is no more time or room for fear. Fear is so last year, as you may say. It is true! With these new energies of glorious light encodements, it will shake out and blast away the old thought forms of previous lower energy vibrations. Joy, light, love, laughter – these are most excellent choices in energy signature and it will make you shine ever more brightly in your exchange appointments and in your interactions with each other as well, of course.

Can you feel another energy hug from us now? Truly, we Andromedans are here to nurture, to help, to assist, to guide and of course to learn from you and your cultural variances and traditions. Your earth is such a unique planet of various customs because of all of the deliberate separations that you have all experienced over time – it is quite a unique scenario. Most cultures live side by side with the planetary hollow and we naturally have more interactions and information exchanges and experiences together. Your baking for the holidays intrigues us – such a process! Will you miss it when the replicators come? Likely not, because we may we asking many of you for lessons to teach us!

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy (future) Ramadan and Happy Kwanzaa. Happiness to Humanity today and all days. We send you our light and love now and we are in joy now, in this moment of connection with Humanity, our friends and family in many cases.

Be at peace. Be comforted. All is well and proceeding. We love you! We are the Andromedans. We hope to see you all shortly.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Frostbite Falls Daily Rant
« Reply #1577 on: December 25, 2017, 08:13:11 PM »
Merry Christmas AZ. Glad you're still with us.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
HEAT DOWN!
« Reply #1578 on: January 10, 2018, 08:00:18 PM »
Heat is out in the digs!

RE's Digs

RE

Similar to last year, it came during our first major cold snap where we dropped to sub-zero temps.  The boiler has to work non-stop, and some old part gives out.

I'm better prepped than last year, so it hasn't been too much difficulty to negotiate so far.  More of a pain in the ass than a life threatening situation.

I'll write an article on this once we get it finally resolved.

RE
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:18:40 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: HEAT DOWN!
« Reply #1579 on: January 11, 2018, 01:24:37 PM »
Looks like I am going to get a new Boiler.  :icon_sunny:

Current boiler is patched and the digs are up to tolerable temps now without bundling up.  However, Maintenance Man says it is corroded inside and ruptured, and new boiler installation will probably come early next week.

These are the times being Renter are GREAT!  No cost for 2 visits from the MM, no cost for the new Boiler or the installation!

He also fixed my fridge which was making squeaking noises (bad fan) and my outside porch electric outlet which wasn't providing the JUICE to my electric heater to keep me warm while sitting on the porch in the winter.  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
RE's Retail Investment Update
« Reply #1580 on: January 12, 2018, 11:57:45 AM »
My Kohl's stock is up around 15% since my investment.  :icon_sunny:

Kohls 1
Kohls 1

I'm holding though for the expected acquisition by Amazon.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 12, 2018, 11:58:23 AM »
Any day now, I'm sure. Well done.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: January 12, 2018, 12:09:22 PM »

We can buy a BIGGER BOAT!  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: January 12, 2018, 12:11:44 PM »
Damn right!

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1584 on: January 12, 2018, 04:30:38 PM »

We can buy a BIGGER BOAT!  :icon_sunny:

RE

Fixed that for you!
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: RE's Retail Investment Update
« Reply #1585 on: January 24, 2018, 07:06:21 AM »
My Kohl's Investment now up 25% in under a month! 🤑

Kohls 2
Kohls 2

Still more pumping from the MSM on the acquisition by Amazon also, so it's not too late to invest.

RE

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/19/kohls-shares-could-pop-50-percent-as-amazon-partnership-ramps-up.html
Kohl's shares could pop 50 percent as Amazon partnership ramps up

The partnership between Kohl's and Amazon is a "win for both companies," according to Jefferies analyst Randal Konik.
    Jefferies raised its price target on Kohl's stock to $100 per share from $66.
    The retailer's stock could rise another 50 percent or more, Konik said.

Lauren Thomas   | @laurenthomasx3
Published 10:35 AM ET Fri, 19 Jan 2018 Updated 12:48 PM ET Fri, 19 Jan 2018 CNBC.com

People approaching Kohl's department store in Mount Kisco, New York.
Scott Mlyn | CNBC
People approaching Kohl's department store in Mount Kisco, New York.

Kohl's is "sleeping with the enemy" and that's a good thing, according to Jefferies analyst Randal Konik.

It's no surprise Amazon has been dubbed the enemy of the retail world, stealing market share from traditional players. But some (including Nike and Sears) have decided it's better to work with the e-commerce giant than clash and compete.

Last October, Kohl's started selling Amazon's smart home products and accepting the online retailer's returns at a handful of its U.S. stores. Since then, some people have made the case for Amazon outright acquiring Kohl's for its real estate and loyal customer base.

The partnership between the two is a "win for both companies," Konik said Friday. "We anticipate the pilot to roll out nationally and provide KSS stores with stronger traffic and is a nice added convenience for AMZN shoppers."

Jefferies raised its price target on Kohl's stock to $100 from $66. That represents a gain of more than 50 percent from Thursday's closing price of $64.85.

Kohl's shares climbed around 3 percent Friday after the Jefferies report.

Kohl's has been ramping up its own ship-from-store capabilities, investing more in its private labels and making a "clear commitment" to the athletic category by bringing in Under Armour merchandise, Konik said, all of which are helping to fuel sales.

The company gets an added benefit from being located off-mall, where customer traffic is typically stronger, and Konik expects a further boost as peers like J.C. Penney and Macy's shutter stores.

Meanwhile, the retailer is testing smaller store formats of about 35,000 square feet. In some instances, Kohl's plans to lease portions of its bigger boxes to other tenants — potentially grocers or convenience stores, Kohl's Chief Executive Officer Kevin Mansell recently told CNBC.

A lower corporate tax rate is also expected to benefit the company and drive earnings higher, he said. Kohl's is set to report fourth-quarter earnings and full-year results on March 1, when the company will share more details on any impact from new tax legislation.

Coming off a strong holiday season, where same-store sales jumped nearly 7 percent from the year prior, Mansell said more people were shopping Kohls.com and purchasing items across all categories.

Kohl's shares have climbed more than 63 percent from a year ago.
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: January 24, 2018, 07:23:52 AM »
Awesome.

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
« Reply #1587 on: January 24, 2018, 02:43:35 PM »
Truly awesome investing, RE, at a PE ratio of 18.3 (3.2%).

The only problem will be when you try to sell after the HFTs have bailed out on some news you will not ever get to hear about. Investing in shares at a time like this means you don't believe any of the stuff you post on the equities bubble.

Let us know how it goes, er ... when the internet comes back on.
"The State is a body of armed men."

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: January 24, 2018, 02:56:52 PM »
Truly awesome investing, RE, at a PE ratio of 18.3 (3.2%).

The only problem will be when you try to sell after the HFTs have bailed out on some news you will not ever get to hear about. Investing in shares at a time like this means you don't believe any of the stuff you post on the equities bubble.

Let us know how it goes, er ... when the internet comes back on.

I intend to bail out JIT.  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: January 24, 2018, 03:04:32 PM »
If Amazon buys out Kohls RE will make a decent piece of change. Of course he believes what we all believe.....that the markets are in a huge bubble that will pop and wipe out a lot of investors. That maybe the credit markets will lock up and JIT delivery will suddenly end and we go back to plowing with mules.

But we don't really know exactly when.

The trick is just risking money you can afford to lose, and not putting a huge stake on the line.

The world as we know it could end tomorrow, but if it takes another 25 years, all of us old guys here will probably be dead before it happens anyway.

I made 52K on pot stocks in 2017, and I took most of that back out and used it to pay off debts. Now I'm back at it with a small stake. You can win at that game in the current environment. It works until it doesn't. The extra money helps me out. I'm not ashamed to make it or spend it.

I want RE to win, and I think his gamble is fairly reasonable. Now, in five years I expect it will be quite different.

In 2008 I sold a fairly large chunk of Whole Foods Market stock that we had owned for 20 years, just because I felt exactly the way you feel now, Palloy. It turned out to be a seriously bad call, and Amazon bought out Whole Foods and I would have made bank if I'd just let it ride.

Of course the markets are unstable. Of course we're in a bubble. But this is the biggest bubble of all time probably, and it can get a lot bigger before it pops.  US corporations just got the biggest windfall of my lifetime with the Trump tax bill. It's probably going to be like the roaring 20's for about 2-5 years, and then the party will abruptly end.

But tomorrow? Possible but not likely, in my view.