PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> SUN☼ Hieroglyphics ©

AuthorTopic: SUN☼ Hieroglyphics ©  (Read 2932 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
SUN☼ Hieroglyphics ©
« on: April 02, 2016, 08:25:28 AM »

I was thinking about how to do the Engraving on my Tombstone setup, which would be very costly to have a professional engraver do with all the text I want to put on the markers.  If I do it with my engraving tool and write in the Latin Alphabet, it will look very ugly because my handwriting is bad even with a pen or pencil, forget an engraving tool.  Plus when you make a mistake with an engraving tool, you are FUCKED.  You can't go back and edit your mistakes!  Once the stone is ground away, you can't put it back.

So I came up with Hieroglyphics that I will use for writing RE's Guide to a Better Tomorrow on the Stones.  :icon_sunny:

It is based on the 8 Pointed SUN ASCII Symbol.

So far, I have just encoded the numbers and latin alphabet.

The beauty here is with the Engraving, I can make a Template for the SUN☼ Symbol, and then each Number or Letter only takes 1 or 2 straight strokes with the Engraving Tool inside the template, which I can just use a straight edge with the tool to make a nice straight and sharp line.  I still of course must be very careful and not misspell anything of course, but this both makes it clearer and more artistic looking and reduces chances for errors.  I'd hate to ruin a good granite slab, those things are expensive!

Here's the Numbers and the Letters so far:

SUN Hieroglyphics 4 alphanumeric sm
SUN Hieroglyphics 4 alphanumeric sm

I also realized that due to the 8 Point system, it would be better to work all Numbers for SUN☼ in Base 8.  I did include the characters for 8 & 9 just in case I change my mind on this, but I intend on converting dates and so forth to Base 8.  So for instance my Birth Year of 1957 in Base 10 is 3645 Base 8.  Base 8 also works better Digitally since it is 23.  It's basically an 8-bit system.

I will also be making Punctuation glyphs and Special Characters and Symbols as well.

The importance of the Number 8 for SUN☼ means I am going to change the configuration of the stones, instead of 6 there will now be 8 Stones in the setup.

My next project is to develop the 8 Commandments of SUN☼ for developing a Better Tomorrow:icon_sunny:

RE

« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 04:28:02 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
SUN☼ Braille
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 10:05:14 AM »
HOLY COW!  :o

I just realized I do NOT need to Engrave Full Lines inside a SUN☼ Symbol (although that is more artistic looking), the INFORMATION is contained on the POINTS of the circle and the center.  All I need to do to write anything is to MAKE DOTS!

Here is the updated CODEX with the Dots:

SUN Hieroglyphics 4 braille sm
SUN Hieroglyphics 4 braille sm

The dots can be upraised as in Braille, or they can be recessed.  Instead of using the engraving tool to make Lines, I can just use a simple Hand Drill to make Holes.  I can do this on any Rock at all!  It also speeds up the writing process tremendously, and I can squish more text into a smaller area this way.  I was originally thinking I needed 1" square for each letter or number, now I can do it in 1/4" squares, maybe even 1/8th inch with a real small drill bit!

For instance, "RE" in SUN☼ Braille is:

---        -oo
-o-        -o-
-o o       ---

You square the circle to do this for text purposes.

The Rosetta Stone at my Grave Site will have the Codex on it for future Historians to be able to decode all the Rocks I leave behind with holes drilled in them.  There are tons of good rocks right outside my door, from about 2" in diameter up to around 6" in diameter.  I can drill into one a day with "SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN":icon_sunny:  I can drill information containing holes into cliff faces!

I now do not have to stop writing after the Internet Goes Dark, or even after I run out of Pen & Paper!  I can carve it into ROCKS!.

My writing LEGACY will last as long as the Rocks do!  Basically until the Sun goes Red Giant and the Earth is incinerated.  It will last even past the last Bacteria on Earth!

I am going to take my Rechargeable Drill with its smallest bit and Drill into a Rock

---        -oo
-o-        -o-
-o o       ---

today!  :icon_sunny:

RE

---        -oo
-o-        -o-
-o o       ---
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
SUN☼ Braille Template
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 06:02:03 PM »
OK!  :icon_sunny:

I now have another set of glyphs for use with punctuation and special characters.  I haven't assigned them yet though.

SUN Hieroglyphics 4 special sm
SUN Hieroglyphics 4 special sm

I also designed a new Template to use when writing in SUN☼ Braille.

SUN Braille Template 8x8 sm
SUN Braille Template 8x8 sm

Each line contains 8 characters, and each block has 8 lines, for a total of 64 characters per block.  You should be able to see how nicely this works with digital systems, and could be handy for writing machine code. Each line is offset so the circles are close packed, which also makes it EZ to keep track of your lines as you read.

This template size is fairly EZ to work with, but with practice you can go smaller. It's already 1/4 the size of the original template though. Each letter is quite fast to write, you just go Poke-Poke-Poke with your pencil in the dots for the letter you want to write.  Obviously, you need to have them memorized to go fast, right now I still have to refer to the codex for each letter, but even after just using it once for practice I have a few letters memorized (vowels mainly).

For doing an engraving on rock, all I need to do is first do it on a piece of paper, and then proof read it a few times to make sure there are no errors.  Once I am satisfied it is correct, I take the sheet of paper, tape it to the stone tablet, then take my Black & Decker cordless drill and drill through the dots I made!  FOOLPROOF!  Of course, this only works on flat rocks, on round rocks you have to go letter by letter.

Now I have to figure out the 8 Commandments to write in SUN☼ Glyphs.  Suggestions for the 8 Commandments :hi:.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The SUN☼ Sacred Tree and Stonehenge Meeting Place
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 01:35:02 AM »

I got the mini-Stonehenge setup reconfigured to an Octagon instead of a Hexagon, to reflect the SUN☼ Symbology.  Still no text added to the stones yet with the 8 Commandments though.  I did add the SUN☼ symbol in GOLD, GO will be pleased.  :icon_sunny:

sun stonehenge 4 crop
sun stonehenge 4 crop

This is now no longer a SINGLE burial ground and place to revere your ancestors and gather Walnuts, now it is a MEETING PLACE for important SUN☼ decisions!  4 Regular meetings a year @ the Equinoxes and Solstices, and additional Meetings scheduled as necessary.

On the Outside Faces of the structure will be the Rules for a Better Tomorrow TM.  On the Inside Faces will be the "Book of the Dead".  Each Obelisk will have room for hundreds of Diners with name, dates of birth & death and a short tag line of your choice, all inscribed into stone in SUN☼ Glyphs, which will last until the SUN☼ Goes Red Giant.  :icon_sunny:  Glyphs can be inscribed even after electric engraving tools are history, a Mallet and a Hole Punch will work.

The Sacred Tree at the center of the Stonehenge will be selected by each generation or so, depending on the lifespan of the tree and how healthy it is.  If a Sacred Tree is starting to look Unhealthy or gets infested with Beetles or the climate changes so it is not doing well, it will be cut down before it suffers too much pain, and the Wood will be harvested and preserved to make new Sacred Buildings.  A new tree more suitable to the new climate or more resistant to pests that have shown up on the property will be planted in its place at this time.  A Ceremony will be held whenever it is determined it is time for the old Sacred Tree to go to the Great Beyond to join the other Sacred Trees at their Council Fire.  Some of the Sacred Wood will be burned at the campfire, and Sacred Drinks will be quaffed and Sacred Herb will be smoked at the wake.  :icon_sunny:

The Council of Homo Sap Stewards of the Sacred Tree will consist of the 8 Oldest members of the 3rd Generation currently walking the earth.  Each family line can have a maximum of 4 children per generation, to make up for losses that will come from disease and accidents that will kill people younger and more often.  So if everyone in your family line happens to live, and you have 4 children and they each have 4 more, then each council member represents 20 people maximum, with 8 council members that is 160 people, right smack on Dunbar's Number.  If both you and your spouse are still alive at this point as Grandparents, you work together but vote as 1.  So hopefully you as Grandparent do not disagree with spouse who will vote for Shillary when you want to vote for Bernie.  You will have to work that out before the Council vote is taken.

If a 4th generation person (Great Grandparent) happens to still be alive (unlikely without modern medicine), this person is required to step down from the council into retirement as a consultant to the council, but without a vote.

Because the Council has 8 people, in questions of Community Gooberernance where there are only 2 choices (or 4), it is possible for the voting to be evenly split.  In this case, there will be a referendum held of the next generation down to make the decision.

Each Council will also Elect a new Representative each year for the Grand Council of 64 Tribes, which will cover a large area around your neighborhood of a few thousand people.  Max possible number there would be 64X160 or 10,240 Human Souls, although doubtful you will reach that maximum.

In terms of where you get buried when you Buy your Ticket to the Great Beyond, everyone is buried surrounding the Stonehenge and Sacred Tree, wherever there is a good spot nobody else was recently buried.  You rotate around the Stonehenge with each generation, and bury naturally in a shroud made of woven grasses or whatever.  A Tree is planted in your name somewhere on the property there is not currently a tree.  If the whole property is totally full up with trees, you share an older tree with an ancestor until it dies.  At this point, your community has maxed out the carrying capacity for this parcel of the earth, and you will need to start limiting reproduction, unless you want to go to WAR with a neighboring tribe for some of their land.

I have investigated doing the Stonehenge in all Granite, there are numerous sites which service the Death Bizness providing Stones, main issue is shipping more than availability.  Many stonecutters will cut custom shapes, also not a problem.  Done all Granite with a height around 5' for the stones, about $20K I think.  However, it can be done MUCH cheaper with Portland Cement and Basalt Rebar and should last plenty long enough with this construction, I would guess 300 years.  If we make it past 300, these Temples will no longer be necessary anyhow.  If we can make it past 2525, my guess is we are good until a Planet Killer asteroid hits the Earth.

Further suggestions for the rules here on Tribal Goobernance and the Death Disposal system for SUN☼ communites are :hi:

RE
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 03:01:14 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: SUN☼ Hieroglyphics
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 03:32:14 AM »
I got the mini-Stonehenge setup reconfigured to an Octagon instead of a Hexagon, to reflect the SUN☼ Symbology.  Still no text added to the stones yet with the 8 Commandments though.  I did add the SUN☼ symbol in GOLD, GO will be pleased.  :icon_sunny:

RE

You could not have made a better choice for such a monument.

There are those who learn from History and those who do not, happy to see you have joined me in the former group.  :emthup:

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 04:16:58 AM »

RE

There are those who learn from History and those who do not, happy to see you have joined me in the former group.

:)  I did it for artistic purposes GO, and to make you happy.

In reality, it would be a damn bad idea to inlay those stones with Gold, it would make them a target for vandals and thieves.  Just like the pyramids of Egypt got raided.

In reality, the monument is a SYMBOL of lives lived, and should just be durable but not have much perceived value.  Constructing out of Basalt Rebar and Portland Cement is probably the best way to go.  That is sufficient in durability while not real valuable to a thief.

The Engraving is enough to hold the information in the rock itself.  For decorative purposes though, you could inlay other rock of different colors. Granite itself comes in many different colors and varieties for this purpose.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 04:43:54 AM »

RE

There are those who learn from History and those who do not, happy to see you have joined me in the former group.

:)  I did it for artistic purposes GO, and to make you happy.

In reality, it would be a damn bad idea to inlay those stones with Gold, it would make them a target for vandals and thieves.  Just like the pyramids of Egypt got raided.

In reality, the monument is a SYMBOL of lives lived, and should just be durable but not have much perceived value.  Constructing out of Basalt Rebar and Portland Cement is probably the best way to go.  That is sufficient in durability while not real valuable to a thief.

The Engraving is enough to hold the information in the rock itself.  For decorative purposes though, you could inlay other rock of different colors. Granite itself comes in many different colors and varieties for this purpose.

RE

I was only thinking of the immortality and extreme reverence you works warranted Dear Leader.

The inertness of gold to the elements and it's ability to shine brightly for eternity struck me as the only thing fitting for your marvelous sculpture.

Forgive my temporary blindness from your Golden Aura. You are of course, as always, totally correct about gold's powerful attraction to the least desirable elements of our society, seeking something of immense value by nefarious means. As you point out Wise Leader, even hiding your work inside of a Pyramid in Egypt would not prevent such vandalism from occurring.  :'(

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
SUN☼ Hieroglyphics & The Eight Commandments
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 05:12:43 AM »

After experimenting a bit here, practically speaking for stone work the minimum size for a SUN☼ glyph is  1/4".  Really 1/2" to be easily readable by the Stone Viewer.  I could get down to 1/8th inch using a magnifying glass if necessary, but I would also need to be using a pin sized 1/32" drill bit for this. Totally impractical for the most part.

So I will go with the 1/2" size for most of the text.  That means I get 24 characters per foot, and for a 3' wide stone each line could have up 72 characters.  For a 5' high stone with say 4' of that as usable text space, I get 48 lines of text to work with.  48X72 characters = 3456 characters per stone face.  Doing a lot better than Twitter here already, only 144 characters there allowed I think.  With 8 stones, on the outside surface only, 8X3456=27648 characters, at an average of 5 characters/word, my total limit here is around 5500 words.  I will need to do some serious editing triage to get down to that.  lol.

I messed around with the Glyphs some more, and now have a new more artistic look for them that is uniform, so scrap the mapping of characters I did before.  The new mapping is onto more geometrically based glyphs and looks a lot better.

I also now have a working copy of the 8 Commandments:icon_sunny:

The Strong must take care of the Weak
You only can own what you can Carry
No form of Money is permissible
Greed is punishable by Death
You can only use energy that is replenished daily by the SUN☼
All your waste must be recycled
The Needs of the Many outweigh the Needs of the Few
You are personally responsible for the Environment as a Steward of the Earth

Suggestions for modifications to this list are :hi:.  However, total Commandments are limited to 8, so if you have something really different to include, one of the other ones may have to be eliminated.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 05:34:56 AM »

Suggestions for modifications to this list are :hi:.  However, total Commandments are limited to 8, so if you have something really different to include, one of the other ones may have to be eliminated.

RE

The elders of our community are to be revered and treated with the utmost kindness and respect.

Thank's Kiddos, GO
Thank's Kiddos, GO

:laugh:  :exp-grin:

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 05:48:08 AM »
The elders of our community are to be revered and treated with the utmost kindness and respect.

That fits under #1, the Strong shall take Care of the Weak.  Elders should mainly be the ones with the most resources to help others, and if they help others, then they will be revered and respected.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 06:14:11 AM »

That fits under #1, the Strong shall take Care of the Weak.  Elders should mainly be the ones with the most resources to help others, and if they help others, then they will be revered and respected.

RE

How Much Dough, or as you so cleverly put it "Resources" are you talking to circumvent commandment #3?

How much is the Shakedown
How much is the Shakedown

I ain't got the dough folks think I have.  :-\

Oddjob and Pussy alone cost me a fortune to maintain, and then there is the Rolls and stable of horses for you to consider.

Please sharpen your pencil RE.  Think about the taxes I have to come up with every year.

Then there is Bernie "THE BERN" Sanders to consider.  He want's ninety percent of my stash if elected. Give the Old Codger a break, will you Please Boss Man.   :please:

« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 06:16:36 AM by Golden Oxen »

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 10:37:00 AM »
17 As Jesus was starting out on his way to Jerusalem, a man came running up to him, knelt down, and asked, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked. “Only God is truly good. 19 But to answer your question, you know the commandments: ‘You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. You must not cheat anyone. Honor your father and mother.’[a]”

20 “Teacher,” the man replied, “I’ve obeyed all these commandments since I was young.”

21 Looking at the man, Jesus felt genuine love for him. “There is still one thing you haven’t done,” he told him. “Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 At this the man’s face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions.

23 Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the Kingdom of God!” 24 This amazed them. But Jesus said again, “Dear children, it is very hard to enter the Kingdom of God. 25 In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!”

26 The disciples were astounded. “Then who in the world can be saved?” they asked.

27 Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But not with God. Everything is possible with God.”

Hence the popularity of the deathbed conversion.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 01:09:15 PM »

How Much Dough, or as you so cleverly put it "Resources" are you talking to circumvent commandment #3?

It won't cost any "dough" because "dough" will be abolished.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 02:11:14 PM »
I second GOs commandment on respecting elders.   

It is not good enough to assume it is covered in the first commandments which has to go anyway. When push comes to shove the stronger will decide things over the weaker in disputes in any case.

I also like the original 10 commandments. The 8 leave room for too much murder and mayhem and are open to interpretation. The hippies had these principles but still failed due to things covered in the 10 commandments. So we need 18 guidestones. Then,  the 10 commandments are too important to be only a suggestion.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2016, 02:45:47 PM »
I second GOs commandment on respecting elders.   

It is not good enough to assume it is covered in the first commandments which has to go anyway. When push comes to shove the stronger will decide things over the weaker in disputes in any case.

I also like the original 10 commandments. The 8 leave room for too much murder and mayhem and are open to interpretation. The hippies had these principles but still failed due to things covered in the 10 commandments. So we need 18 guidestones. Then,  the 10 commandments are too important to be only a suggestion.

I didn't want to Duplicate the original 10 Comandments.  They can still be in effect. I would modify "Thou shalt not kill" to "Thou shalt not kill anyone EXCEPT Banksters, Lawyers & World Class Geochemists" though. :icon_mrgreen:

The 1st Commandment is ESSENTIAL because without it, it is exactly as you say the strong will take advantage of the weak.

If you have some refinements to make them less open to interpretation please submit them here in this thread.  I haven't carved the stones yet, so editing is still possible.  :icon_sunny:

RE
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 04:36:14 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can