AuthorTopic: Sabotage  (Read 2398 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Sabotage
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 03:17:25 PM »

And've got people who are just irresponsible or downright malevolent. People who create viruses that fuck with innocent people's systems, just because they can. The last group I could use more insight on...I just don't understand the ethos of that group. whyd do people do that shit?

A Sense of Power amongst the generally Powerless I would imagine.

However, I think the percentage of Hackers who do this "just for fun" is a relatively small percentage of total hacking being done.  Most of them have reasons that you cited, and many of course do work for Da Goobermint itself.

There is no doubt in my mind that a well trained group of a dozen or two with good server access could take down the entire web inside a day, including the power grid.  That is one fucking BIG Monkey Wrench.

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 07:07:22 PM »
Not one in a hundred thousand people is smart enough to be a hacker. Whatever Anonymous is, it definitely is not "Legion".

Whistleblowers aren't in the same category as bombers. Not my book.

No movement. Wish there was.

There's a giant peace movement, though it is not nearly giant enough. Being peace-loving and peaceful, it works to create peace through peaceful means.  So it is not at war with war, as the fella in the article is.

I have no idea how peace can be achieved or how to go about making peace a powerful force in the world.  I wish I did. I just do not.

I think love is the only thing as powerful ..., at least as potent as unlove and anti-love -- such as war and the preparations of war.  I'd like to believe love is even more powerful than non- and anti-love, but I think it's obvious that this just isn't so in our merely human world.

I'll serve love any way I can; but of course this means I'll have to begin with myself -- loving myself. This allows me to love others.   Not self-obsessed love, of course. Just love. 

I think love is revolutionary.  It's the only shot we've got.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:10:40 PM by JRM »
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". -- -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 09:19:46 PM »
Well said, James.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Palloy

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 02:01:53 AM »
DDoS is easy, but it needs a LOT of people/machines doing it at the same time to make any difference to big systems, and it only clogs up the system.  Simple DDoS apps like Lion give away the IP addresses of the participants unless they are using proxies, and need to be logged into an IRC channel to give the target and timing. 

I'm sure it is quite easy to create a bot-net out of Android phones - the Google Playstore must be a nightmare to police, and the idiots do it to themselves.  Unfortunately it does them more harm than the target.

Hacking USG or infrastructure is very dangerous - you don't know what the defences are.  There is an overlap between whistleblowers and hacking in that there must be thousands of people who have worked on the trusted payroll of Federal and State governments.  I don't know how the system security staff sleep at night.

I certainly wouldn't put any faith in the unhackability of systems, or of hackers to exploit this for the revolution.

The Freedom Fighter's Manual is good for monkey-wrenching the system in a more passive way.  And then there is the simple expedient of graffiti on bank walls, rising to bricking bank windows, and torching the bank car park - anything that doesn't involve getting caught and being easy for others to copy.

"Wasp" was an excellent portrayal of the strategy.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:32:04 AM by Palloy »
The State is a body of armed men

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 06:14:23 AM »
Trucker is totally misguided.

Anonymous make a lot of threats and nothing happens, cyberattacks come from overseas and are denied by the culprits.

Whistleblowers are not an organization or movement, are just indivuduals with consciences, but still have no effect other than a little embarrassment to govt and either exile or jail for themself not the politicians.

Fuel tanks do not explode from petrol fires around them. Insurance arson,  stolen vehicles set on fire by thieves and mythbusters all prove that. A knife opens a fuel lid latch easily and a lit cigarette wedged in the filler neck where the cap lugs go in will burn for 10 minutes before the part wedged in turns to ash and the butt falls in the tank, then it goes boom. Working fast he could do a whole car park in the ten minutes he has.

Genuine conservatives do not toady to the system, they are dissatisfied with it and want reform. He talks about infiltration, so do the original tea partiers.

Patriarchy as fathers generally do not have any power as he claims, 50 yrs ago they did. Most men today fawn over women because they have all the power in custody, property settlement, child support, alimony etc, which is why 90% of divorce is filed by women, who are also the disciplinarians. When the kids at martial arts class start fooling around the fathers dont dare say anything and I wonder where their testes are. They have internalised the tv telling them they are bungling, bumbling buffoons like Homer Simpson, Tim Taylor, According to Jim and every helpless zombie portrayed in advertising. They are turning to transgendering in order to not be treated as pariahs, not patriarchs.

Having a relationship with a father has nothing to do with deliberately supporting and sustaining the system. Of course being denied a relationship with a father does correspond to huge increase in odds of dropping out, abusing drugs and going to jail, but only as rebels WITHOUT a cause. They dont say they did it to bring down the government, only no role model was available to teach them better.

Exploding a FEW cars feeds not starves the MIC just as much as a missile of equivalent value. Maybe if he only targets imported models he can bailout Honda or Toyota and strengthen the enough to crash the reserve status of the $.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:24:01 AM by Uncle Bob »