AuthorTopic: Life in Paradise  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Palloy

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • https://palloy.wordpress.com
Life in Paradise
« on: May 05, 2016, 03:19:01 AM »
I've just learned that the commotion at the neighbours I heard a few evenings ago was in fact an attempted murder, husband on wife.  He's in jail, and she's in hospital.  The kids are somewhere else because the house is deserted, leaving the aggressive dog alone and hungry, hopefully to be taken away soon.

People, you can keep them.

The State is a body of armed men

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Life in Paradise
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 05:34:24 AM »
I've just learned that the commotion at the neighbours I heard a few evenings ago was in fact an attempted murder, husband on wife.  He's in jail, and she's in hospital.  The kids are somewhere else because the house is deserted, leaving the aggressive dog alone and hungry, hopefully to be taken away soon.

Well, America has it ups and downs, but rarely as bad as this. Sounds like you must live in one of the really bad sections...or alternatively in some banana republic where such things are probably run of the mill.  :icon_sunny:
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 06:41:47 AM »
No boundaries on human nature, nor on human cruelty. I feel sorry for the dog.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 07:15:39 AM »
No boundaries on human nature, nor on human cruelty. I feel sorry for the dog.

I feel sorry for the dog as well. And Palloy.
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 05:47:54 PM »

Well, America has it ups and downs, but rarely as bad as this. Sounds like you must live in one of the really bad sections...or alternatively in some banana republic where such things are probably run of the mill.  :icon_sunny:

Murder rate is 1/4 of yours, an improvement on 1/20th 15 yrs ago. In the tropical far north aborigines affected by alcohol which they can not handle have a problem, not long ago a mother killed her 6 kids.
http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Violent-crime/Murder-rate-per-million-people
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:54:10 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 05:58:48 PM »
Somebody help that dog!
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Palloy

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • https://palloy.wordpress.com
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 09:03:49 PM »
Someone back at the house today.  Hopefully they will send the aggressive dog to jail like they did the aggressive man.
The State is a body of armed men