PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Godless Universe: A Physicist Searches for Meaning in Nature

AuthorTopic: Godless Universe: A Physicist Searches for Meaning in Nature  (Read 6769 times)

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Godless Universe: A Physicist Searches for Meaning in Nature
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2016, 05:10:17 PM »
Play-by-Play call of the debate so far...

We haven't yet addressed the subject matter of Hopi philosophy.
Opponents are sparring on the meta-topic of sophistry in argument,
AZ has been denigrated as being clothed in Tin Foil.
Watson is accused of Sophistry.
Lawyers as a class have been denigrated as scumbags.

Awaiting Round 4.  No knockouts yet.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JZEIMQ42-oU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JZEIMQ42-oU</a>

RE

As Judge GO views the proceedings.  :laugh: ;D

ASHVIN

HIS ADVERSARIES

Just amazing how folks can perceive events so differently. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :exp-laugh: :exp-laugh: ;D ::)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2016, 05:19:32 PM »

As Judge GO views the proceedings.

As the spectators view the Judge

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2016, 05:28:59 PM »

As Judge GO views the proceedings.

As the spectators view the Judge

RE

That doesn't look like a Piggie named GO to me, but looks can be deceptive I suppose. Nice to see I lost a few pounds, The steaks and baked stuffed lobsters with crabmeat were doing a job on me.  :icon_scratch:

Doc said 3lb Lobsters every other night we doing a job on me.
Doc said 3lb Lobsters every other night we doing a job on me.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2016, 05:47:52 PM »
That doesn't look like a Piggie named GO to me, but looks can be deceptive I suppose.

DECEPTION indeed.  Perhaps this is a better resemblance.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2016, 06:02:45 PM »
That doesn't look like a Piggie named GO to me, but looks can be deceptive I suppose.

DECEPTION indeed.  Perhaps this is a better resemblance.

RE

Evidence was provided as best I could, Ashvin started to have possible recollections.

It is of no consequence and you merely, as always blew up the entire situation as an excuse to write Ashvin and get him back.

You used me as a conduit, because your pride and ego would not allow you to ask for his return without an excuse.

I'm happy you did it, Ashvin is back, at least temporarily which brings back fond memories to me of what our beloved Diner once was.

Your talking to GO RE. There is no conning me or game playing with me. I look into your head and it's like looking into  a fish bowl, I know exactly what your about. It's just the way it is, con the others all you wish.   

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2016, 06:13:55 PM »

It is of no consequence and you merely, as always blew up the entire situation as an excuse to write Ashvin and get him back.

You used me as a conduit, because your pride and ego would not allow you to ask for his return without an excuse.

OMFG.  Talk about rewriting history.

A couple of years go by and I have ZERO contact with Watson.  Now you are contending this was all a ruse just to get Watson back on the Diner?  ROFLMAOPIMP.

Why don't you keep digging a bigger hole for yourself?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2016, 06:20:43 PM »

OMFG.  Talk about rewriting history.

A couple of years go by and I have ZERO contact with Watson.  Now you are contending this was all a ruse just to get Watson back on the Diner?  ROFLMAOPIMP.

Why don't you keep digging a bigger hole for yourself?

RE

That's correct, and as always the ulterior and only tru motive that rises above all the others. Namely your personal FAME and POPULARITY.

Don't think I haven't watched your ALEXA ratings as well, as I gaze at you in the Goldfish bowl  Dear Admin, lets not even discuss them in public.   Good Night All .

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2016, 08:18:02 PM »
Just amazing how folks can perceive events so differently. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :exp-laugh: :exp-laugh: ;D ::)

That's exactly my reaction GO, a combination of confusion and amusement.

AZ brings up Hopi prophecy (as recounted by someone in the 20th century), posts a link to a website with no explanation of what argument that link is supporting, or how it relates to defending his position of naturalism and 'physics can explain everything'... and then I am accused of sophistry and moving goal posts.

RE, there can't be a knockout with only one fighter in the ring.

AZ, I didn't put words in anyone's mouth. I just stated my opinion that Ka wouldn't weigh in on a "philosophical debate" that so far has nothing to do with philosophy or rational debate. And I also just stated the fact that AG completely disagrees with a naturalist worldview, the one that you seem to hold, even if he would rather not mention it since his only objective right now is to discredit me at all costs.

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2016, 08:28:23 PM »
Ashvin,
I haven't avoided jack squat.

1) I toke your physicists nonsense & shoved it back in your face with Gary Holz remarkable self cure of MS.

My physicists nonsense? No idea what you are referring to. If in fact someone self cured of MS, that works against naturalism and the 'physics can explain everything' meme.

2) I showed you in the Holy Bible where that is physics & not groveling to an 8ft. White Lizard God named Jehovah.

I must have missed that... please show me again.

3) The best you've offered is a tin foil hat based brush off.

Fine, I won't bring up any tin foil hat accusations anymore. But I haven't offered anything yet because I don't know what argument I am supposed to be offering against.

And I am confident I will never know because you will never clarify because, since you're relatively short time posting here, you never clarify anything or write posts longer than a few vague phrases or unexplained links to websites and videos.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2016, 08:48:45 PM »

AZ brings up Hopi prophecy (as recounted by someone in the 20th century),

History and Legends are often written down long after the events took place.  For instance, Adam & Eve didn't write the story of Genesis, it was written long after they were dead.   Same with Noah.

posts a link to a website with no explanation of what argument that link is supporting, or how it relates to defending his position of naturalism and 'physics can explain everything'...

This is true.  We haven't yet had an explanation for this.

and then I am accused of sophistry and moving goal posts.

I believe it was AG that accused you of sophistry not AZ, and I think he was mainly speaking in historical terms of prior arguments.

There are several fighters currently in the ring, however so far they are doing a lot of dancing and punching air.

AZ, I didn't put words in anyone's mouth. I just stated my opinion that Ka wouldn't weigh in on a "philosophical debate" that so far has nothing to do with philosophy or rational debate. And I also just stated the fact that AG completely disagrees with a naturalist worldview, the one that you seem to hold, even if he would rather not mention it since his only objective right now is to discredit me at all costs.

Ka won't weigh in as long as it's just a pissing contest with no philosophical meat to the debate.

I will attempt to referee here.

AZ, I believe you need to explain the context of your links to the Hopi texts and what parts of them are relevant to the argument you are making.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2016, 09:02:21 PM »

History and Legends are often written down long after the events took place.  For instance, Adam & Eve didn't write the story of Genesis, it was written long after they were dead.   Same with Noah.

This is true. And, by contrast, prophecies in the Old and New Testaments were written down within decades of when they were made. We can't prove that for the OT, but we certainly can for the NT.

I believe it was AG that accused you of sophistry not AZ, and I think he was mainly speaking in historical terms of prior arguments.

I think you're right, far be it from AG to at the very least make his accusations relevant to this thread.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2016, 05:24:42 AM »

This is true. And, by contrast, prophecies in the Old and New Testaments were written down within decades of when they were made. We can't prove that for the OT, but we certainly can for the NT.

I think you're right, far be it from AG to at the very least make his accusations relevant to this thread.

As recounted by someone in the 20th century is INCORRECT.
Ashvin your still doing IT.
You're not paying attention.
A Hopi Elder dictated the story to a doctor. He wrote the account down VERBATUM !

Jesus H Christ your perception is skewed.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2016, 09:06:36 AM »

That's exactly my reaction GO, a combination of confusion and amusement.

AZ brings up Hopi prophecy (as recounted by someone in the 20th century), posts a link to a website with no explanation of what argument that link is supporting, or how it relates to defending his position of naturalism and 'physics can explain everything'... and then I am accused of sophistry and moving goal posts.

Ashvin,
At least your consistently mistaken. I'll give you that.
You've now twisted sacred native american text to fit your needs.
The topic is ....

The Hopi Traditions !      not prophecies.            Massive Diffence.

Why can you not get anything straight. Is it the water that you drink.
Has your pineal gland calcified to the point that your completely hopeless as a spiritual creation
from the divine source.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind