PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Knights of the Diner Round Table

AuthorTopic: Knights of the Diner Round Table  (Read 4158 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Knights of the Diner Round Table
« on: May 18, 2016, 06:30:10 PM »
Currently we have a real solid group of contributors to the Diner, so I thought I would construct a Round Table of our current bunch of Doom Analysts & Doom Deniers populating the Forum & Blog Commentariats.

This isn't everybody, there are other periodic drop-ins like JoeD, JoeP, Karpatok etc, but these are generally the most active Diners lately.

DD Round Table
DD Round Table

We're also going to need a Coat of Arms    for the Diner Knights.

I am seeking suggestions for design for the CoA, we'll need 4 Icons to fill out the center, plus maybe some Crossed Swords or something too.

DD Coat of Arms
DD Coat of Arms

Drop suggestions and images you think would be good for the CoA in this thread. Also if you have ideas for a color scheme to fill in with that would be good too. :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline roamer

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Diner Round Table
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 07:48:28 PM »
Well i for one am no knight of doom.  More of a roaming spoiled millennial living it up in the continued gravy train of oil cheap transport and free info. 

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 08:36:30 PM »
Well i for one am no knight of doom.  More of a roaming spoiled millennial living it up in the continued gravy train of oil cheap transport and free info.

No, these days you fit into the "Doom Denier" category, along with Professor Moriarty.  You are however still a Diner Knight, pitching your perspective fairly regularly here in the Forum Commentariat.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Diner Knights' Coat of Arms
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 10:41:44 PM »
This is my working Color Version so far.  :icon_sunny:

DD Coat of Arms color 1
DD Coat of Arms color 1

The SUN☼ in the upper left represents the Sun we all depend on, as well as all octagonally based creatures like spiders, octopii and lobsters.

The Pentagram in the upper right represents all 3D Geometry and Fractals in Nature.

The Hexagon & Circle in the Lower Left represents the relationship between the Earth & Sun, and all Hexagonal designs from Insect structure to Honeycombs to Snowflakes.

The Triangle at the Lower Right represents the basics of Geometry and the Electromagnetic Spectrum of Light, with visible colors in order of their frequency & wavelength.

This is just a working model for Idea Input.  We may need to have something in there to represent those things we cannot touch, see, feel or see with our corporeal senses.

Recommendations for improvement on the Diner Coat of Arms are :hi:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 04:47:38 AM »

Party on Garth !
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 04:50:00 AM »
The galaxy we all frolic in on a daily basis would be a cool icon.
It has all 5 of the elements in it. Earth,Air,Fire,Water, & The Aether .....    :icon_sunny:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 04:51:28 AM »
Currently we have a real solid group of contributors to the Diner, so I thought I would construct a Round Table of our current bunch of Doom Analysts & Doom Deniers populating the Forum & Blog Commentariats.

This isn't everybody, there are other periodic drop-ins like JoeD, JoeP, Karpatok etc, but these are generally the most active Diners lately.

DD Round Table
DD Round Table

We're also going to need a Coat of Arms    for the Diner Knights.

I am seeking suggestions for design for the CoA, we'll need 4 Icons to fill out the center, plus maybe some Crossed Swords or something too.

DD Coat of Arms
DD Coat of Arms

Drop suggestions and images you think would be good for the CoA in this thread. Also if you have ideas for a color scheme to fill in with that would be good too. :icon_sunny:

RE

Of course your's truly would like to point out that a group of nights needs a KING. King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table is the correct title

I gladly volunteer my services. My qualifications are obvious, as is my natural stately behavior. Some of us were just born with such qualities it would seem.

Think seriously about my offer RE, don't let your ego get in the way. I know well and understand how you feel since my arrival, went through the same come down myself more than once I'm sad to admit. :-\

The first was when I ran into John Milton, and then the Great Bard William Shakespeare, Kant, Dr Johnson, more than a dozen others followed. :( It was rough on me, but I faced the fact there were some folks greater than I, while not a very large number, enough to have to face the fact that there were others on my level, and yes others wiser than me. I took the blow to my ego, conquered the let down in my self esteem and moved on. You to can do the same with some effort, folks will admire you, not scoff at your adjustment. ;D

A few images of me with My GOLD crown and Silver sword which you may choose amongst as my new avatar  :laugh: :icon_sunny:

GO
               ;)

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 05:06:06 AM by Golden Oxen »

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 05:23:47 AM »
"Natural" Stately - Behavior

Hmmmm ........

There's a new one !

Is that anything like, Wile Coyote -  Super Genius ?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIPr23xyoZg&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YIPr23xyoZg&fs=1</a>

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 05:34:22 AM »
"Natural" Stately - Behavior

Hmmmm ........

There's a new one !

Is that anything like, Wile Coyote -  Super Genius ?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIPr23xyoZg&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YIPr23xyoZg&fs=1</a>

Thanks AZ, Thanks a Whole Lot
Thanks AZ, Thanks a Whole Lot
   :( :'(

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 06:28:11 AM »
First, you must answer a question.

"What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/y2R3FvS4xr4&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/y2R3FvS4xr4&fs=1</a>

And no fair cheating and using teh intrawebs.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 06:43:34 AM »
I dub thee Sir GOlahad, thy penis Xcalibre and thine gold stash The Holy Grail.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 06:55:20 AM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 06:59:11 AM »
Frankly GO, you're more a Chancellor of the Exchequer than a King.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 07:53:11 AM »
Frankly GO, you're more a  than a King.

Thanks to Edward's astute observation I am nixing my offer to become King of the Nights.

Upon some serious thought on the matter, My talents are better utilized in the  role of Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Thank You Edward, As you can see, like all great men, I am always open to suggestions, criticism, and able to accept a better idea than one of my own. Who better suited for this position than I?

Chancellor of the Exchequer

The Chancellor of the Exchequer (formally the Chancellor and Under-Treasurer of Her Majesty's Exchequer) is a senior official as one of the Great Offices of State within Her Majesty's Government and head of Her Majesty's Treasury. The office is a British Cabinet level position.

The chancellor is responsible for all economic and financial matters, equivalent to the role of Secretary of the Treasury or Minister of Finance in other nations. The position is considered one of the four Great Offices of State, and in recent times has come to be the most powerful office in British politics after the Prime Minister.     

The Chancellor of the Exchequer is now always Second Lord of the Treasury as one of the Lords Commissioners for executing the office of Lord High Treasurer. In the 18th and early 19th centuries it was common for the Prime Minister to also serve as Chancellor of the Exchequer if he sat in the Commons; the last Chancellor who was simultaneously Prime Minister and Chancellor of the Exchequer was Stanley Baldwin in 1923. Formerly, in cases when the Chancellorship was vacant, the Lord Chief Justice of the King's Bench would act as Chancellor pro tempore.[1] The last Lord Chief Justice to serve in this way was Lord Denman in 1834.

The Chancellor is the third-oldest major state office in English and British history,[citation needed] one which originally carried responsibility for the Exchequer, the medieval English institution for the collection of royal revenues. The Exchequer dates from the time of Henry I. The Chancellor controlled monetary policy as well as fiscal policy until 1997, when the Bank of England was granted independent control of its interest rates. The Chancellor also has oversight of public spending across Government departments.

Thomas Cromwell Chancellor of the Exchequer

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 11:47:05 AM »

Of course your's truly would like to point out that a group of nights needs a KING. King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table is the correct title

I gladly volunteer my services.

The position of King has already been filled.

However, every Court needs a Fool.  You are elected.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner Coat of Arms: Universe Version
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 12:37:26 PM »
The galaxy we all frolic in on a daily basis would be a cool icon.
It has all 5 of the elements in it. Earth,Air,Fire,Water, & The Aether .....    :icon_sunny:

Here's one for you AZ!

DD Coat of Arms Universe
DD Coat of Arms Universe

RE
Save As Many As You Can