AuthorTopic: Another One Bites the Dust  (Read 10640 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Another One Bites the Dust
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2016, 05:38:52 PM »
Tough Love IS the answer. They're called growing pains not joys.
If the change doesn't come from within 1st the outer cannot grow.
All of this external searching is a waste of time & MONEY !!!
Searching & seeking out "The Guy" is comical at best.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QN43j1hXiZk&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QN43j1hXiZk&fs=1</a>

"WE" are who, we've been waiting for.
As the Hopi's explained "There will be a purification that comes upon the Earth".

I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2016, 06:15:07 PM »
I'm no expert on most world religions...but Judaism and Christianity are all bound up around the concept of making sacrifices to God. In the old testament there were all manner of minor and major sacrifices, but human sacrifice was part of it, as portrayed in the story of Abraham and Isaac.

Jesus supposedly made the ultimate sacrifice, the act that can atone somehow for all the sins of humanity. In advance, long before I was born, just so I wouldn't have to make a sacrifice. A perfect sacrifice of a sinless human. It seems to represent an evolutionary step in religion, this concept. But it's still a sacrifice.

So I have to think about how any religion would come to be in the first place that demands a blood sacrifice. Christianity was given as an example, but many other religions of yore were into that, too. The Mayans. The Aztecs. Where would such a weird idea come from, that we should kill a virgin to make God happy? If God loves us so much, why is he so bloodthirsty?

Some people attribute it to human nature and the superstitions of our tribal ancestors. Could be..

But maybe there's a simple answer.

The situation reminds me of me and my pigs. To the pigs, I am as a God. I show up, the electric fence doesn't affect me like it does them (because I can turn it off). I bring them food when they are hungry. I bring the water. They love to see me show up, get all excited.

They are innocents and I love them....but they're also food. Sooner or later they (or more likely their offspring) will have to be sacrificed, for my fine dining pleasure.

So...just maybe, God was  an ancient astronaut from an allen civilization, and man was a hardy dependable food animal he brought with him, and he left us behind to procreate and increase in numbers, so he could drop back in someday and have a ready source of protein. We're a cargo cult that worships intergalactic travelers from some ancient planet. The Lord is our shepherd...literally.

Maybe they all died out, or just didn't find this planet interesting enough to come back to, having found lots of better ones. Or maybe they will come back.

Maybe when God returns, there will be a barbecue, and we'll be on the menu.  ;D

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2016, 06:15:53 PM »
However if we feel that God could be cruel, he could be vengeful then one cannot so easily give him a moral authority in unknown matters and therefore we question our faith and our reasoning on why we follow an imperfect God if the reasons given are not clear. People maintain faith in God because we believe he is good person. His omnipotence is a side point although this ability is a significant matter when considering matters of heaven and hell.

NOT ME!  :icon_sunny: I prefer to look at the ACTIONS rather than the WORDS, and the actions indicate that God is Vengeful & Cruel, which since He is God is a GOOD thing!  :icon_sunny:  It also makes sense when you accept that Man was Created in the Image of God.  The REASON I am such a Vengeful SOB is because I am a mirror of God!  Instead of the WWJD question when looking at Goldman-Sachs Banksters, I consider, WWGD?  ???  :icon_scratch: The kind of God I think the Bible depicts would take a Thunderbolt from Heaven and FRY every Bankster in the Goldman-Sachs Headquarters!  Then he would set loose Cannibals who would consume all their Spouses & Children, to make sure their Seed was Wiped From the Face of the Earth FOREVER!  :icon_sunny:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vi7mum9OewA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Vi7mum9OewA</a>

I believe God is a SERIOUS SOB who will not countenance EVIL  :evil4: anywhere He sees it sprouting up.  The only reason God hasn't recently perfomed this Cleanup Task here on Earth is because as K-Dog indicated, he is likely Bizzy around Betelgeuse or Alpha Centauri or the Orion Nebula creating New Life, for a Reboot after V1.0 failed so miserably here on Earth.  Or perhaps he is on a really long road trip past the Event Horizon on his Multi-versal Harley creating an entirely New Universe!  Even Omnipotence has it's Limits and you can't keep track of everything.

All things considered, this is why I believe that Jesus Christ was not the Son of God, but the Outlaw Josey Wales was.

Josey Wales took no shit, and wherever he spied Evil, DEAD PEOPLE followed.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ryuXHtAIqXU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ryuXHtAIqXU</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2016, 06:41:10 PM »
Great Clint Flick  :emthup:   :icon_sunny:  :icon_sunny:  :icon_sunny:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2016, 07:44:30 PM »
To compound matters is the fact that God is often described as omniscience and even omnipotent so if God is all knowing and all powerful then why does God damn people to Hell if he can predict their behaviour beforehand? It is like punishing a child for eating sweets if you never taught them it was the wrong thing to do.
Have you seen the movie Bruce Almighty?  God gave people the gift of free will, and in doing so limited his own omnipotence.

There is only one requirement to get into heaven, and that is to be without sin.  Which, of course, is not humanly possible.  Thus the need for Divine intervention.  God and Jesus don't care whether you believe in them per se, what matters is if you reject their existence so you can be comfortable while you keep sinning.  Because if you do that, when the time comes, you will not be willing to let Jesus take away your sins and will choose to go to Hell instead.  And if that's your choice there is not one damned thing anyone can do to change it.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2016, 07:53:39 PM »
There is only one requirement to get into heaven, and that is to be without sin.  Which, of course, is not humanly possible.

This is a ridiculous requirement, and I doubt a JUST God would ask for such a thing.

I mean really, it is a SIN to steal a Candy Bar from the Candy Store when you are 5 years old, so if you die on the way home run over by a Car you don't go to Heaven because you stole the one and only Candy Bar of your short life?  Forget Vengeful or Merciful here for God Qualities, this is INJUSTICE, which I cannot attribute to God as a Quality.

SIN Accumulates, and the more and bigger you Sin, the harder it gets to pass the Pearly Gates into Heaven.  That is why it is Harder for a Rich Man to Enter the Kingdom of Heaven than for a Camel to Pass through the Eye of  a Needle.  The more WEALTH you have, the more you have SINNED.  The Richer you are, the more SINFUL you are.  It is a direct proportionality as delineated by the Bible.

RE
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 07:56:19 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2016, 08:51:08 PM »
There is only one requirement to get into heaven, and that is to be without sin.  Which, of course, is not humanly possible.

This is a ridiculous requirement, and I doubt a JUST God would ask for such a thing.

I mean really, it is a SIN to steal a Candy Bar from the Candy Store when you are 5 years old, so if you die on the way home run over by a Car you don't go to Heaven because you stole the one and only Candy Bar of your short life?  Forget Vengeful or Merciful here for God Qualities, this is INJUSTICE, which I cannot attribute to God as a Quality.

SIN Accumulates, and the more and bigger you Sin, the harder it gets to pass the Pearly Gates into Heaven.  That is why it is Harder for a Rich Man to Enter the Kingdom of Heaven than for a Camel to Pass through the Eye of  a Needle.  The more WEALTH you have, the more you have SINNED.  The Richer you are, the more SINFUL you are.  It is a direct proportionality as delineated by the Bible.
BE without sin.  NOT, HAVE BEEN without sin.

Doesn't matter how sinful you are...  you just have to have it removed before you can go in.  Dr. Jesus can and will do the sin-ectomy for you, as long as you consent to it.  But, the less there is to remove, the less painful the procedure will be.  It's like going to the dentist: you can suffer a quick pain and get it over with, or you can avoid going and just suffer with a tooth rotting in your mouth.  Seems like an obvious choice, yet lots of people do avoid going.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2016, 09:16:44 PM »

BE without sin.  NOT, HAVE BEEN without sin.

Doesn't matter how sinful you are...  you just have to have it removed before you can go in.  Dr. Jesus can and will do the sin-ectomy for you, as long as you consent to it.  But, the less there is to remove, the less painful the procedure will be.  It's like going to the dentist: you can suffer a quick pain and get it over with, or you can avoid going and just suffer with a tooth rotting in your mouth.  Seems like an obvious choice, yet lots of people do avoid going.

Precisely WHEN between the time Tinkerbell leaves the Candy Store with her Stolen Hershey Bar and when she is run over by an EV Tesla on her way out of the store does Jesus drop in to remove this sin from her? ???   :icon_scratch:

RE
Save As Many As You Can