AuthorTopic: Another One Bites the Dust  (Read 10800 times)

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Re: Another One Bites the Dust
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 06:19:01 PM »
Sorry my gallows humor offended anybody.

1) We really don't know if it was a suicide or not but I never heard of anyone cutting their own throat to commit suicide.  The country ballad I'm thinking of would reflect that fact and express that ambiguity.

2) if it was murder concentrating and on a dog as the one who misses him could be a counterpoint against the fact that somebody or somebodies did not value his life at all.

3) It is well known here in the diner that bankers are dropping like flies but nobody else seems to notice or care but for a small minority.  A song would reflect that fact.

4) In proposing a ballad I am not thinking of this man specifically but of all the bankers who seem to be committing suicide at a much higher rate than anyone else.

Anyone who thought I was insensitive was not reading my mind.  If I don't care about a bankers death I will say so.  I have not.  The fact is I do care about this mans death and I do feel for his family.  If he killed himself or was killed it is tragic regardless.  Whatever he was doing he did not deserve this fate.

Anyone who thinks I am happy or would be because a banker died and I am a doomer can kiss my fucking ass. 

An assumption was made that I am insensitive.  This is incorrect.

You know who you are.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:23:11 PM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 06:21:39 PM »
If you don't know or think there is any difference between a Blankfein and a smart college grad that ends up managing a hedge fund as  a career in the finance industry, there is nothing I can do or say to help you.

The only difference is of time in the bizness and skill as a thief divesting the low hanging fruit of their funds and in cutting the throats of your competitors.  Everyone who works in financial services is a thief and a liar at best, and often are murderers and rapists as well.

Thankfully this fellow took his own life before he could hurt more people.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 06:26:58 PM »

1) We really don't know if it was a suicide or not but I never heard of anyone cutting their own throat to commit suicide.  The country ballad I'm thinking of would reflect that fact and express that ambiguity.

2) if it was murder concentrating and on a dog as the one who misses him could be a counterpoint against the fact that somebody or somebodies did not value his life at all.

3) It is well known here in the diner that bankers are dropping like flies but nobody else seems to notice or care but for a small minority.  A song would reflect that fact.

4) In proposing a ballad I am not thinking of this man specifically but of all the bankers who seem to be committing suicide at a much higher rate than anyone else.

Anyone who thought I was insensitive was not reading my mind.  If I don't care about a bankers death I will say so.  I have not.  The fact is I do care about this mans death and I do feel for his family.  If he killed himself or was killed it is tragic regardless.  Whatever he was doing he did not deserve this fate.

Anyone who thinks I am happy or would be because a banker died because I am a doomer can kiss my fucking ass. 

You know who you are.

I got your meaning, Dog.

I too was mostly questioning the cause of death. My sympathies to his family. If it was suicide, he was a coward, imho. You don't get a pass when you leave your children and wife to fend for themselves. I don't care how much life insurance he had.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 06:40:10 PM »

I too was mostly questioning the cause of death. My sympathies to his family. If it was suicide, he was a coward, imho. You don't get a pass when you leave your children and wife to fend for themselves. I don't care how much life insurance he had.

In traditional Seppuku, you slit your belly open.  Really good Seppuku requires 3 cuts in a "Z" pattern so your guts spill out on the floor.  That is tough to pull off because of the pain involved.

By comparison, plunging a knife into the jugular is pretty straightforward, and it is a very secure form of suicide with a low failure rate.

However, he might have also been offed by an unhappy Muppet whose money he lost too.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 07:14:09 PM »
Hedge fund manager  Sanjay Valvani has been found dead at home. He was being charged with insider trading.

Who cuts his own jugular vein with a knife? Just sayin'.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-21/visium-s-valvani-found-dead-in-apparent-suicide-dow-jones-says

Only men in good health with a wife and family who would probably only get a sentence measured in months and not years at the end of the day slice their own necks. 

It does take serious balls.  The Japanese make a complicated ritual out of disembowling themselves otherwise they could not finish the job.  Disembowling yourself has to be easier than going OJ on your own neck

Somebody should write a song about this.  Something along the lines of another week gone by and another dead bankster buys the farm.  We can have a train in the ballad, a Connecticut commuter train and some lyrics about how nobody is around to cook the hound dog a steak anymore.  From a life of doggie luxury to the dog pound in a day. It would be a nice touch.  A pig man passed but somebody misses him.  His dog.

What a horrible way to discuss the tragic death of a fellow human being.

Totally lacking in empathy or any regards for the gents wife an children, and if guilty, hardly the worst crime a person can be found guilty of, trading on some inside info, the same horrible crime  against humanity that Martha Stewart committed.

Of course he had money, but was more likely an employee of a piggie than one himself, but even if he were this would not be called for.

The hatred of one political group against anyone with a high paying job and nice home is getting very overdone and speaks to an evil, hatred, and jealously of a fellow human that is far worse than the alleged crime committed here IMO.

Prince, and Amy Winehouse were wealthy to and killed themselves, should we write songs about their dog or cat missing them, rather than the weeping and moaning we listen to when one of their own wealthy passes?

Well, this suicide is evidence of three things:

1) Money was EVERYTHING to Sanjay Valvani.

2) GREED killed Sanjay Valvani, not insanity.

3) GREED is bad.

RE's response is based on the FACT that 99.999% of the people in Sanjay Valvani's net worth world got there by criminal behavior. We certainly need less of those crooks around. That said, any suicidal death is a tragedy. I suspect, however, that Sanjay Valvani suicided BECAUSE he knew that his family would be able to keep more of the SWAG he stole. That's the way our "wonderful legal system" perpetuates corruption.

People like Sanjay Valvani are all about "gaming" (such an innocuous word for the massive amount of tragic and unnecessary death and misery it produces) the system.

We stop this shit in our society or we go extinct, PERIOD.

You might find me a bit more sympathetic to your viewpoint AG, were we talking about the chairman of Monsanto, or the tobacco industry pigs that willfully poisoned impressionable kids like myself with their poisons.

Your view on this matter however, is just plain wrong in my opinion, and has diminished greatly in my eyes your copious lectures on empathy.

Also, you told me in a prior post that you didn't much care for my pal Ashvin, whom I thought was just grand;  let me assure you I feel the same way about your pal RE as well and your adulation of him.
The old hound dog is wantin' to bite back for perceived slights, eh? WHATEVAH.

I think you should take a nice deep breath and drop this one upsmanship business. It's bad for you blood pressure. Ya ain't gettin' any younger, old chum.

Despite my STRONG views about your inability to empathize with the outrageous slings and arrows certain members of the proletariat receive 24/7 complements of the wealthy (AND their bought and paid for lackeys) as much as you empathize with the bought and paid for sidekicks of the wealthy, I recognize that you are sincere in your views and generally do not try to bullshit people about the fact that you believe a certain amount of greed is, uh, prudent.  ;D

I guess I pushed the wrong button when I said GREED is bad.  ;)

You apparently have some rather selective empathy. Did you NOT read about how wealth causes multiple DEATHS and misery to other humans? Okay, I guess you don't agree. But you should just come out and say so, instead of trying to pin the EDD tag on me.

GO, I apologized to you for believing you were the one that fished up the expert at verbal dancing and goal post moving. You were WRONG to claim RE had censored him.

If that pisses you off, there is no reason for you to take it out on me.

I was WRONG to believe you were promoting a fight.

As to my "adulation" of RE, if you were privy to some of the conversations I have had with him and Surly over the years, you would be forced to stick that false equivalence BULLSHIT where the sun does not shine.

RE DOES NOT run this place the way I would. He is a NICE GUY compared with me. If you had the mistaken impression that I am some kind of a pushover, you are mistaken.

There is no reason for you to be so testy. LOOK at the views here right now.

This
    :argue:  :violent4:   :angry4: :iamwithstupid:  :evil4:   :evil7:  :laughing6: is NOT helping.

I am going back to my current audiobook. It's really quite good, although a bit gory. 

The Remaining (The Remaining 1) D J Molles Audiobook
https://youtu.be/qJw5X3o7LD8
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2016, 08:17:13 PM »

In traditional Seppuku, you slit your belly open.  Really good Seppuku requires 3 cuts in a "Z" pattern so your guts spill out on the floor.  That is tough to pull off because of the pain involved.

By comparison, plunging a knife into the jugular is pretty straightforward, and it is a very secure form of suicide with a low failure rate.

However, he might have also been offed by an unhappy Muppet whose money he lost too.

RE

Or somebody higher up the food chain he might have been tempted to give up.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2016, 08:40:47 PM »
See, these new Aquarian age energies will getcha' dead quicker than quick if your not careful.
I expect mass quantities of financial system death to come. We may want to keep an eye on the
legal community as well.
We could get some ledge leaners there as well.

Gotta love the Christian values on display in this thread, right GO? :roll eyes:

To be fair, only one out of RE, AZ and AG claim to be Christian...

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2016, 09:00:52 PM »

Gotta love the Christian values on display in this thread, right GO?

Wasn't it Jesus who party crashed the Money Changers and flipped over all their tables? ???  :icon_scratch:

I doubt he would have shed any tears if one of them offed himself after his table got flipped over.  In fact that is what happened, but it was excised from the Bible by the Council of Nicea.   Jesus actually said "Yea, but that is Good Riddance, for it is easier for a Camel to pass through the Eye of a Needle than for a Pigman to go to Heaven".

I am not a Christian, but I do Follow in the Footsteps of Jesus:icon_sunny:

RE

Save As Many As You Can

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2016, 09:11:41 PM »
I doubt he would have shed any tears if one of them offed himself after his table got flipped over.

Probably would have, since he gave his life for the chance for everyone, including the money changers, to repent and be saved. That's the story, anyways.

"The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God."

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2016, 09:17:45 PM »

Probably would have, since he gave his life for the chance for everyone, including the money changers, to repent and be saved. That's the story, anyways.

"The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God."

Unlikely.  "All" in this context refers to People, not Pigmen.

Also not well known is Jesus returned briefly to squash the Nazis.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ox_k054EiWk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ox_k054EiWk</a>

RE
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 09:21:12 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2016, 12:07:47 AM »

Anyone who thinks I am happy or would be because a banker died because I am a doomer can kiss my fucking ass. 

You know who you are.

I got your meaning, Dog.

I agree if it was a suicide only a self obsessed coward leaves a wife and children like that.  The other thing about it is when and if you really do fuck up, man up and face the music.  It is the only way to go on with any dignity.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2016, 12:21:57 AM »

Gotta love the Christian values on display in this thread, right GO?

Wasn't it Jesus who party crashed the Money Changers and flipped over all their tables? ???  :icon_scratch:

I doubt he would have shed any tears if one of them offed himself after his table got flipped over.  In fact that is what happened, but it was excised from the Bible by the Council of Nicea.   Jesus actually said "Yea, but that is Good Riddance, for it is easier for a Camel to pass through the Eye of a Needle than for a Pigman to go to Heaven".

I am not a Christian, but I do Follow in the Footsteps of Jesus:icon_sunny:

RE

No he would shed a tear.  For it is written:

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Fatherís care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So donít be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Then he would flip another table over.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2016, 01:11:51 AM »

No he would shed a tear.  For it is written:

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Fatherís care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So donít be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Then he would flip another table over.

I am sure Jesus cared a lot about Sparrows.  I do not think he gave a flying fuck about Banksters.  Sparrows and Banksters are two entirely different things.

I have a very literal interepretation of the Bible in this respect.  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2016, 02:02:29 AM »
"I do not think he gave a flying fuck about banksters". That is something you just do not understand, RE. Jesus cared about everyone. Every sinner, every fallen and failed human being. That is why He was Jesus, the Son of God. We are not because we refuse to live up to what He asked, that we love one another through Him. And because we fail to do that, He died on the Cross for our sins, to redeem our fallen nature.  Karpatok

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2016, 03:16:06 AM »
"I do not think he gave a flying fuck about banksters". That is something you just do not understand, RE. Jesus cared about everyone. Every sinner, every fallen and failed human being. That is why He was Jesus, the Son of God. We are not because we refuse to live up to what He asked, that we love one another through Him. And because we fail to do that, He died on the Cross for our sins, to redeem our fallen nature.  Karpatok

No he did not.  He only cared about those who bought the idea that he was the Son of God.  Everybody who did not buy this idea was consigned to Burn in Everlasting Damnation in the Fire & Brimstone of HELL:evil4:

The Bankster who offed himself had a double problem, not only did he live his life violating the Christian directive of living in poverty as Jesus did, he ALSO offed himself, committing Suicide which is a Mortal Sin, and there is no evidence he accepted Jesus as his Savior before doing this, thus he is destined to Burn in Hell:evil4:

This was precisely the outcome Jesus predicted for people who did not buy that he was the Son of God, so it only makes CFS that he would celebrate when they were sent to HELL to join Satan instead of sitting with Him and God in the Kingdom of Heaven.

RE
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 03:27:37 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can