AuthorTopic: Election Errata  (Read 132814 times)

Offline moniker

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: 🗳️ Another Dem Bites the Dust
« Reply #1170 on: January 02, 2020, 07:03:15 PM »
No Latinos now in the running.  Blacks and Asians gone too.  Next Debate stage will be nice and White.  Will that pull in any Joe Bageant voters?

RE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5xqHyt965p0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5xqHyt965p0</a>
When I began extensive internet browsing around 2008, I saw the name Joe Bageant mentioned frequently but never fully grasped what he was all about.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
🗳️ The Late,GREAT Joe Bageant
« Reply #1171 on: January 02, 2020, 07:42:32 PM »
When I began extensive internet browsing around 2008, I saw the name Joe Bageant mentioned frequently but never fully grasped what he was all about.

He's Dead now (cancer), but his Blogs are still Alive.  :icon_sunny:

https://www.joebageant.org/

Joe wrote about the White Trash community and people he came from in rural West Virginia.  His essays and articles are real quality stuff.  Like FerFal who chronicled the Argentinian Collapse in 2001-2002, this material is essential reading for any dedicated Kollapsnik.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Election Errata
« Reply #1172 on: January 03, 2020, 10:22:56 AM »
Dear Hunting With Jesus should be required reading for left leaning New Yorkers,

Bageant was fairly prescient, in addition to being a brave guy who chose not to piss way his resources  and his last year or two enriching the medical-industrial establishment.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Election Errata
« Reply #1173 on: January 03, 2020, 10:53:35 AM »
Dear Hunting With Jesus should be required reading for left leaning New Yorkers,

Bageant was fairly prescient, in addition to being a brave guy who chose not to piss way his resources  and his last year or two enriching the medical-industrial establishment.

This is gospel. Write it in ink.

I sent of number if years early in my life in West Virginia, and he understands the motivations of mounting flyover people as on ly one who is one can.

Your point about his last days is also on point.
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."