AuthorTopic: PC Police Take Down Roger Ailes  (Read 198 times)

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
PC Police Take Down Roger Ailes
« on: July 21, 2016, 02:42:26 PM »
Frankly, I have little sympathy for Roger Ailes, who is probably more responsible than anyone for the slant of Rupert Murdoch's heavily biased, neo-con MSM TV channel Fox News.

He is getting kicked out over allegations of sexual harassment, and it couldn't happen to a nastier SOB.

But I think it's bullshit, the whole sexual harassment thing. The suit didn't happen for the ten years accuser Gretchen Carlson worked for Ailes, but as soon as her contract wasn't renewed, she wasted no time calling him a male chauvinist pig who was always making passes at her.

Now several other former Ailes female employees are piling on and filing their own suits.

Murdoch's sons now oversee the day-to-day operations at Fox, and Ailes has been a thorn in their side. This suit becomes a convenient excuse to push a powerful man (who doesn't kiss their asses) out the door.

Ailes claims her contract wasn't renewed because her ratings sucked, and I expect that's true. Carlson is getting a little long in the tooth for Fox. It's been a long time since she was Miss Minnesota, and Fox likes their female anchors to be young and hot...or they did.

So the PC Police are allowed to prevail. Roger Ailes has more money than God (but not as much as Murdoch) and I expect he won't have to get a new career as a greeter at Walmart, regardless of how the suit gets settled.

What's that in the air? Smells like irony to me.

http://www.people.com/article/roger-ailes-replaced-rupert-murdoch-fox-news
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.