AuthorTopic: WTF?! (Zombie Apocalypse?)  (Read 580 times)

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
WTF?! (Zombie Apocalypse?)
« on: July 31, 2016, 01:51:36 PM »
Hello and welcome to the WTF? thread.  WTF?, for those who don't know, stands for "What The F**k?".   So let us begin.

My landlord -- gawd help me -- lives in the "front house" (on the street). I live in the back house.  I won't go into all of the weird shit my partner and I have had to deal with with regard to our landlord. Suffice it to say that our rent is cheap. It's no wonder!  (We avoid him as much as possible.)

It's summer.

His dog is out in the yard (which we must pass through, coming and going). This is typical.  The dog had no bowl of water. This too is typical.  It's summer. It's hot. The dog has no water.  .... Well, there was a large bucket with dark brown water liquid in his yard.  Also in the bucket was a newspaper and gawd knows what else trash and garbage in a very dank, dark brown water liquid.  I kicked that bucket of brown gunk over, dumping out the "water"(?). I filled a large bowl of fresh, clean water from my kitchen and set it out for the poor little, generally ignored, dog who barks at me and my guests as we come and go... and which jumps all over us with dirty or muddy feet... because he needs attention which he does not get.

There is no particular reason for me to assume that the bucket which was in his yard was meant to be water for his dog.  Only an insane idiot would presume that to be a bucket of water for a dog to drink. I don't know WHAT that bucket was out there in his yard FOR. I took it to be a bucket of water-trash or trash-water, so kicked it over as a stark refusal of utter insanity as "normal". 

(He also yells incessantly at his mother, who lives in the front house, and who has become free of most of her marbles.  It's difficult to discern which among them has lost more marbles, but she is officially suffering from old age dementia.  He seems to think that if he yells loudly at her over and over and over and over and over ... the same message over and over ... she'll suddenly awaken from her dementia and have a fresh new mind and intelligence.)

Now, what's the matter with this ostensibly adult human being? How could he go away with his dog in the yard without providing a proper bowl of clean water?  And what was the full bucket of skummy brown water liquid? It seemed like more than the recent rain could have provided -- and it was full of f**king trash and sh*t -- including a whole newspaper. 

Is this guy a f**king sociopath, or what?  Is he just dumb or is he getting off on tormenting people and animals?  And more to the point, why do I often feel like one of the very rare adults in the world?  WTF? These sort of ignorant sleep walkers seem to be multiplying!  Is this the Zombie Apocalypse?  What's going on here?  Everyone seems to be wandering around in a haze.

There may be some poison in our water or food or something.  Our air? Or television, radios? WTF?!  This kind of behavior is now NORMAL!!!

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 02:25:29 PM by JRM »
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: WTF?! (Zombie Apocalypse?)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 02:29:19 PM »
While I'm at it...

ALMOST no one EVER looks to see if anyone is on a sidewalk or a crosswalk -- you known, pedestrians or bicyclists -- before making their turn in their multi-ton vehicles. ALMOST no one, ever. EVER!  If we who are walking or bicycling are not paying attention for a half of a f**king second, we are in the hospital.  Period. End of story. Enough already. Sheesh!!!

We used to joke about the youth in Asia.  It's getting unfunny. It really is.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 02:32:07 PM by JRM »
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: WTF?! (Zombie Apocalypse?)
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 03:41:47 PM »
Dumb (Stupid) people are apparently running the world.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEyMehXURgw

Now what do we do?