AuthorTopic: Renewable Energy Arguments  (Read 262 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Renewable Energy Arguments
« on: August 18, 2016, 08:04:13 PM »
Speaking of pissing off my friends, I am currently arguing with Ugo Bardi on Cassandra's Legacy over his vision of a "sterosphere" silicon based self0renewing system that basically amounts to a new life form based on silicon rather than carbon.

Ugo is pitching out theoretical ideas which sound like they come straight out of a Star Trek episode, claiming scientific validity for them.  I am not buying the sci-fi.

Here's my latest reply which Ugo has not yet approved.

OK Ugo.  Here's your challenge.

Forget the theory here.  Design a factory that will produce solar pv cells somewhere in the world without any fossil fuel inputs.  You can put it anywhere, even the Nevada Deert like Elon Musk's Gigafactory battery department.

You can even use biofuels as long as how you grow them is 100% renewable and doesn't use up water and soil nutrients faster than they are replenished.

You also have to show how these new PV panels will be distributed out across the globe, again with no fossil fuel inputs.

I want a full map on this including the location of the factory, what is powering it and the design of all the machines in that factory.  I want spreadsheets with estimated reserves of all the elements accessible from this location via renewable energy systems.

SHOW ME THE MONEY.

Elon Musk was able to raise $Billions$ in debt money for his projects.  You should be able to do at least that good if you are half the salesman he is.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN