PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> The Surlynewz Channel

AuthorTopic: The Surlynewz Channel  (Read 521884 times)

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Surlynewz Channel
« Reply #3525 on: November 11, 2018, 09:10:26 AM »
I they can keep interest rates where they are now, inflation will be more noticeable soon, don't worry about that. We appear to have turned the corner already. The velocity of money is turning up now.

The question now? Will we have a "correction" or a "crash" because of rising interest rates? And if we do have a crash, will more massive QE be forthcoming?

Why wouldn't it be? Nobody suffers but us taxpayers.

Velocity of M2 Money
Velocity of M2 Money

It is 100% possible to still beat inflation with investments. Especially in a world with massive volatility, which favors smart trading. Good traders, people like GO , for instance, can make money when markets go up or down. They just have to MOVE.

I'm not that nimble, but I'm pretty good at calling bottoms, and that's good enough, I hope. We shall see.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #3526 on: November 11, 2018, 01:13:28 PM »
I they can keep interest rates where they are now, inflation will be more noticeable soon, don't worry about that. We appear to have turned the corner already. The velocity of money is turning up now.

The question now? Will we have a "correction" or a "crash" because of rising interest rates? And if we do have a crash, will more massive QE be forthcoming?

Velocity of M2 Money
Velocity of M2 Money

It is 100% possible to still beat inflation with investments. Especially in a world with massive volatility, which favors smart trading. Good traders, people like GO , for instance, can make money when markets go up or down. They just have to MOVE.

I'm not that nimble, but I'm pretty good at calling bottoms, and that's good enough, I hope. We shall see.

People flipping burgers do not have time between flips to study the market.  Such people should be able to go to a bank, deposit money and get the inflation rate plus a percent or two and that return should be guaranteed by the FDIC.  Such money, personal capital, is not investment money and it is taxed at a higher rate than rich boy investment money in the first place.  So what I suggest does not even violate ZIRP and personal money covered by the FDIC has limits.  Those limits would apply.

I am such a commie!  I'll say it and beat someone to it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 01:15:49 PM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: November 11, 2018, 01:28:07 PM »

Velocity of M2 Money
Velocity of M2 Money

People flipping burgers do not have time between flips to study the market.  Such people should be able to go to a bank, deposit money and get the inflation rate plus a percent or two and that return should be guaranteed by the FDIC.  Such money, personal capital, is not investment money and it is taxed at a higher rate than rich boy investment money in the first place.  So what I suggest does not even violate ZIRP and personal money covered by the FDIC has limits.  Those limits would apply.

I am such a commie!  I'll say it and beat someone to it.

Actually, I agree with you completely. But I'm not thinking about burger flippers as much as little old ladies who are on SS. They need to be able to make a little risk-free return, and so interest rates going up is a good thing for them, as long as inflation doesn't get hog-wild.

And, we're headed back there, with interest rates rising. With interest at 2% it was impossible.

AS of right now, today? We might be there.

https://www.bankrate.com/cd.aspx

I hope to do somewhat better, but the risk goes up with the potential reward.

However, in boom times, burger flippers ARE in the stock market. Some are in it now, and most of them are going to get sheared like sheep.

I've been out of equities since January.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Why Trump Shirked Visit to US Military Cemetery in Paris — But Has Time for Puti
« Reply #3528 on: November 11, 2018, 05:50:09 PM »
Expert in Authoritarianism Reveals Why Trump Shirked Visit to US Military Cemetery in Paris — But Has Time for Putin
Sarah Kendzior explained Trump’s actions in Paris that have drawn scorn from pundits and the military alike.

Image via screengrab

According to Sarah Kendzior, an expert in authoritarian regimes, President Donald Trump’s actions in Paris, where he passed on honoring U.S. war dead because of the weather but has found time to hobnob with Russian President Vladimir Putin, is no surprise.

Appearing on MSNBC’s AM Joy, Kendzior explained Trump’s actions in Paris that have drawn scorn from pundits and the military alike.

“It is strangely predictable,” Kendzior began. “I think we have two things going on. One is Trump’s fear of sacrifice. His lack of ability to understand sacrifice for a cause greater than yourself.”

“He has contempt for veterans. this is something that is consistent,” she elaborated. “He was cruel to [Republican Senator John] McCain, our troops — he has them stationed in Texas to put off an alleged horde of migrants coming toward Tijuana, and it makes no sense.”

“Then you have his consistent love of dictatorships, his worship of raw power. That is something he understands, that is something he sought to emulate,” Kendzior continued. “You saw this especially with Putin, but with Kim Jong-un and with anybody who is able to abuse power in an open and flagrant way with no regard for any actual representative body.”

“That’s an alarming thing because in this visit to France you see him once again moving away from a Western democratic alliance and towards an access of autocrats. That is his goal and objective,” she concluded.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Expert in Authoritarianism Reveals Why Trump Shirked Visit to US Military Cemetery in Paris — But Has Time for Putin
Sarah Kendzior explained Trump’s actions in Paris that have drawn scorn from pundits and the military alike.

Image via screengrab

According to Sarah Kendzior, an expert in authoritarian regimes, President Donald Trump’s actions in Paris, where he passed on honoring U.S. war dead because of the weather but has found time to hobnob with Russian President Vladimir Putin, is no surprise.

Appearing on MSNBC’s AM Joy, Kendzior explained Trump’s actions in Paris that have drawn scorn from pundits and the military alike.

“It is strangely predictable,” Kendzior began. “I think we have two things going on. One is Trump’s fear of sacrifice. His lack of ability to understand sacrifice for a cause greater than yourself.”

“He has contempt for veterans. this is something that is consistent,” she elaborated. “He was cruel to [Republican Senator John] McCain, our troops — he has them stationed in Texas to put off an alleged horde of migrants coming toward Tijuana, and it makes no sense.”

“Then you have his consistent love of dictatorships, his worship of raw power. That is something he understands, that is something he sought to emulate,” Kendzior continued. “You saw this especially with Putin, but with Kim Jong-un and with anybody who is able to abuse power in an open and flagrant way with no regard for any actual representative body.”

“That’s an alarming thing because in this visit to France you see him once again moving away from a Western democratic alliance and towards an access of autocrats. That is his goal and objective,” she concluded.

I'n no fan of Trump but weather really? 

Right now Stormy Daniels is at a Gentleman's Club on 1st Avenue in Seattle.  At this very moment Thunder and Lightning are wiggling into some dudes face and he is sticking a folded twenty dollar bill into her G-String.

I made a snarky post about her visit weeks ago.

I use the parking lot across the street.

At the time I checked into where her 'Boyfriend' would be.

In Paris meeting with Putin.

So Sarah, Frankly my dear, I do think you are full shit.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GQ5ICXMC4xY?ecver=2" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GQ5ICXMC4xY?ecver=2</a>
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 06:37:25 PM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #3530 on: November 11, 2018, 06:51:55 PM »
Seriously,

Right here on the Diner propaganda in action is revealed.

Not the kind of Propaganda anti-Trump people want revealed but as the saying these days goes.

It is what it is.

Sarah Kedzior was part of the MSNBC news feed.  Nowhere do they say meetings with Putin were scheduled weeks in advance.  They made it about Veterans Day, which is

Tomorrow!

:cwmddd:

So Trump has a whole day do something to acknowledge Veterans Day but they call him a piece of shit today knowing that one hemisphere of your brain is not going to give two fucks about if Veterans Day is tomorrow.  America, you are being played.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VAKlnulyb_U?ecver=2" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VAKlnulyb_U?ecver=2</a>

Dafuq

Enough said about Sara.  All they had to tell that bunny was that someone else would point out Trump was supposed to meet Putin in Paris in the first place.  Follow the script Sara, just do your part.

And of course she did.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 07:01:53 PM by K-Dog »

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #3531 on: November 11, 2018, 07:07:02 PM »
I do get that technically today is VD but people get tomorrow off.

Because it is a federal holiday, some American workers and many students have Veterans Day off from work or school. When Veterans Day falls on a Saturday then either Saturday or the preceding Friday may be designated as the holiday, whereas if it falls on a Sunday it is typically observed on the following Monday. When it falls on weekend many private companies offer it as a floating holiday where employee can choose some other day. A Society for Human Resource Management poll in 2010 found that 21 percent of employers planned to observe the holiday in 2011.

Wikipaedia
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 07:10:03 PM by K-Dog »

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #3532 on: November 12, 2018, 03:42:41 AM »
The bitch Trump blew off a wreath laying ceremony at a military cemetery on Saturday because it was raining, and he thought he'd have a bad hair day. This is a matter of public record.

But US President Donald Trump cancelled a trip to the battleground of Belleau Wood scheduled for Saturday because of the rain.

The decision regarding the bad weather followed an awkward meeting with Mr Macron at the Elysée Palace early on Saturday, as both leaders tried to play down a spat over NATO security.

Belleau Wood, 50 miles east of Paris, was where US troops had their breakthrough battle shortly after entering the war in 1917, stopping a planned German push for Paris.
[/size]

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/emmanuel-macron-angela-merkel-armistice-world-world-one-commemorative-plaque-a8627831.html

also this-
Trudeau warns against attacks on media in Remembrance Day speech seemingly aimed at Trump
https://globalnews.ca/news/4653199/trudeau-warns-attacks-media/
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #3533 on: November 12, 2018, 05:38:14 AM »

Second guessing a sitting president this way even if he is a total douchebag is not cool.  Rain is a security issue and Trump is in a different country.  This is business trip and everybody reading this would have been able to 'eat our veggies' under the circumstances, including Trump if it was the right thing to do. Even Trump will do things he does not like to do during working hours.  At least sometimes.  Visiting a cemetery is a ceremonial act and there are plenty of reasons not to have made the cemetery trip, blaming rain instead of the real reason.  Some of the reasons not to have made the trip could be very good, life and death even.  There is no way for any of us to know if the reason for mixing things up was good or bad.  A rational man should give Trump the benefit of the doubt.

Trump may be president but sinking to his level of behavior is knuckle-dragging.  His elevated status does not mean his behavior should be emulated but sinking to Trumps level seems to be the flavor of the month.  We live in a time where it could be said that men seem to be having trouble 'taking the high road' but that is not the truth.  I say the truth is many men are having great trouble remembering that there is even any such thing as a high road, much less if they should be taking it.

A bad hair day is subjective and hardly a matter of public record.

Surly1, we both write here enough to be labeled writers.  I come here in part to practice writing like Eddie does, but like it or not we are writers.  We could be labeled horrible writers, amateur writers, even crackpot bat shit-crazy writers, but writers we are.

And writers know we can make the public record say any damn thing we want to if we pick the right words.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 05:41:34 AM by K-Dog »

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: November 12, 2018, 06:30:03 AM »
Surly1, we both write here enough to be labeled writers.  I come here in part to practice writing like Eddie does, but like it or not we are writers.  We could be labeled horrible writers, amateur writers, even crackpot bat shit-crazy writers, but writers we are.

And writers know we can make the public record say any damn thing we want to if we pick the right words.

I think you are writing an episode of the Outer Limits.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8CtjhWhw2I8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8CtjhWhw2I8</a>

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #3535 on: November 12, 2018, 06:39:09 AM »
I'll take that as a compliment.
Sharp focus and crystal clarity is the holy grail!

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: November 12, 2018, 06:59:55 AM »

Between you and AZ, we have the script writers for a major hit series.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: November 12, 2018, 09:57:05 AM »

Between you and AZ, we have the script writers for a major hit series.

RE

Oh hell yeah.....

I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #3538 on: November 12, 2018, 10:16:19 AM »

Second guessing a sitting president this way even if he is a total douchebag is not cool.  Rain is a security issue and Trump is in a different country.  This is business trip and everybody reading this would have been able to 'eat our veggies' under the circumstances, including Trump if it was the right thing to do. Even Trump will do things he does not like to do during working hours.  At least sometimes.  Visiting a cemetery is a ceremonial act and there are plenty of reasons not to have made the cemetery trip, blaming rain instead of the real reason.  Some of the reasons not to have made the trip could be very good, life and death even.  There is no way for any of us to know if the reason for mixing things up was good or bad.  A rational man should give Trump the benefit of the doubt.

Merkel made it. Macron Made it. Justin fucking Trudeau made it, and gave a spech in which he noted that 100 years ago, it was bullets rather than rain raining down on the assembled.
I have watched the porse's ass ni the Oval Office debauch and debase this country to feel absolutely no obligation to extends the benefit of the doubt to him for any reason, at any time.

Did you see his press conference last Wednesday? Have you seen his treatment of journalists, especially female journalists of color? Or have you been imprisoned underground and without bandwidth?

My reply is a hearty, "Fuck that noise."

Trump may be president but sinking to his level of behavior is knuckle-dragging.  His elevated status does not mean his behavior should be emulated but sinking to Trumps level seems to be the flavor of the month.  We live in a time where it could be said that men seem to be having trouble 'taking the high road' but that is not the truth.  I say the truth is many men are having great trouble remembering that there is even any such thing as a high road, much less if they should be taking it.

A bad hair day is subjective and hardly a matter of public record.

"Librul" and others left-of-center people are always quick to want to start up a chorus of kumbaya when they regain power and echo Rodney King. My reaction is different. When they show you what they are, believe them. It sickens me to death when Pelosi and Schumer start cooing about "bipartisanship" after two years of forcible sodomy at the hands of full-bore corporate governance. fuck that. I want heads on pikes.

As to not "sinking to their level," tell that to Heather Heyer's mother.

And I am not sure what you mean with your comment about "writers." Sure, we are all "writers," to the extent we gargle some words on the electronic page. So what is "the public record?" The NYT? WaPo? Fox News? TBP? The Daily Stormer? I am simply trying to express the truth as I see it, and I never claimed to be objective.

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #3539 on: November 12, 2018, 11:51:19 AM »
 ‘A matter of public record’  or whatever you called a bad hair day is a false claim which seeks objectivity. 

But this not about Trump you or anyone else except MSNBC propaganda and a case of me knowing enough to call bullshit.