AuthorTopic: Here Comes the SUN  (Read 12395 times)

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Here Comes the SUN
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2016, 04:29:46 PM »
You dont need to pay a grant writer if you have decent written English, even that is just a bonus really.

Distance range,  top speed, charge time,  cost of the bike?
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2016, 04:59:54 PM »
You dont need to pay a grant writer if you have decent written English, even that is just a bonus really.

Distance range,  top speed, charge time,  cost of the bike?

The goobermint grants require a lot more than just a few nicely written paragraphs.  You have to show a biz plan and how the money will be spent.

Range on E-bikes is highly dependent on how much you pedal to assist the bike motor.  With no pedaling at all, I would estimate the bike has a 20 mile range, but even a little pedaling would double that.  Top speed no pedaling about 20mph, pedaling hard maybe 30 mph.  Cost around $2500

RE
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 05:02:04 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2016, 06:18:05 PM »
I have seen a biz plan document and required for commercial lease application. It looks very repetitive and a bunch of optimistic expectations in the rows and columns of excel. I can see that would be time consuming but not beyond u if u needed to do it.

I helped do a funding proposal for a disabled guy at neurological resource centre who wanted money for an art project, decorating park benches with mosaic. He dictated and I basically edited, i think it was only a couple of pages but I cant remember the questions at all, its almost 20 yrs ago. I do remember though that it was not difficult and he got it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 06:22:53 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2016, 06:30:16 PM »
I have seen a biz plan document and required for commercial lease application. It looks very repetitive and a bunch of optimistic expectations in the rows and columns of excel. I can see that would be time consuming but not beyond u if u needed to do it.

I helped do a funding proposal for a disabled guy at neurological resource centre who wanted money for an art project, decorating park benches with mosaic. He dictated and I basically edited, i think it was only a couple of pages but I cant remember the questions at all, its almost 20 yrs ago. I do remember though that it was not difficult and he got it.

If necessary I will do it myself, but my feeling at the moment is it is better to hire someone who does this sort of thing professionally for a living.  The fellow I am talking with has a Ph.D. and 25 years experience in the Grant Writing biz.  I think I can raise the money from the City Council and Chamber of Commerce for his fees, they are not outrageous.  I want to have it right on the first try.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN