AuthorTopic: Collapse Cafe Failure  (Read 215 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Collapse Cafe Failure
« on: October 09, 2016, 03:44:53 PM »
Epic Fail today in a Collapse Update show with Steve.

Google moved their Hangouts on Air over to YouTube LIVE, and now you need a downloaded software package to manage this, which has a learning curve on it of more than a few minutes.  I am going to have to work with this thing a while to get it figured out.

So instead of using Hangouts, I tried using my SuperTinTin Skype recorder, including the video.  After an hour of chatting collapse with Steve (we covered Syria, Douchebank and The Donald), STT picked up none of the video and the audio is intermittent.  In short, this ended up a private chat between me and Steve, it's never gonna make it onto YouTube OR soundcloud.  I was hoping to salvage at least the audio, no such luck.

Why Google had to go and Complexify this product so much I got no idea.  I suppose the people who do use it regularly wanted more features, but it has made it much less user friendly.  I'm hopeful I can get it figured out over the next week and maybe try to re-record with Steve next weekend.

If I can figure it out and get it to work, it does have a lot of cool capabilities like Blue Screen and multiple camera and audio inputs etc, so I could in theory make a more "professional" looking presentation if I figure it all out.

Right now however, I will be happy if I can just get the usual talking heads up on the screen and recorded properly.  ::)

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN