AuthorTopic: The Potfolio  (Read 63425 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Potfolio
« Reply #510 on: October 05, 2018, 01:14:31 PM »

October 3, 2018

Carey Wedler, Guest
Waking Times

News circulated recently that the DEA had rescheduled cannabidiol (CBD), the nonpsychoactive ingredient in cannabis, but the technicalities of the agency’s decision actually show their ruling is highly restrictive.

The decision concerned a recently FDA-approved pharmaceutical version of CBD, produced by GW Pharmaceuticals. Due to the federal government’s continued prohibition of cannabis Epidiolex was prohibited from going to market unless the DEA rescheduled CBD. That’s what the agency did, leading some to believe that “since this FDA-approved medication is pure cannabidiol (CBD) that all CBD products fall into the same category,” Forbes noted.

But that is not the case. The DEA decision applies only to “FDA-approved” drugs, meaning they have just granted GW Pharmaceuticals a monopoly on plant-derived CBD (hemp-derived CBD is no longer restricted). The DEA said as much in a statement to NBC affiliate WTHR:

https://www.wakingtimes.com/2018/10/03/dea-grants-pharmaceutical-company-monopoly-on-medical-cbd/
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 10, 2018, 05:59:16 PM »
Altria shares rallied Wednesday on a report that the Marlboro cigarette maker is in talks to buy a stake in Canadian marijuana company Aphria.

Details of Altria's proposed investment are still being hashed out, multiple sources told Toronto-based Globe & Mail. The report also said that Altria hopes to start as a minority stakeholder in the Leamington, Ontario-based pot grower, but could become a majority shareholder over time.

Altria shares are up 0.8 percent in afternoon trading Wednesday, while Aphria's stock gained 13 percent in Toronto.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
The Potfolio-45 wants re-class on cannabis
« Reply #512 on: October 15, 2018, 01:33:58 PM »

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/trump-administration-wants-cannabis-reclassification-comments-newsletter-oct-11-2018/
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
🌿 Canada now world's largest legal marijuana marketplace
« Reply #513 on: October 17, 2018, 02:00:50 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/canada-now-world-s-largest-legal-marijuana-marketplace-n920991

Canada now world's largest legal marijuana marketplace

The country will pardon all those with convictions for possessing up to 30 grams of marijuana, the new legal threshold, an official told the Associated Press.
Oct. 16, 2018 / 9:36 PM AKDT / Source: Associated Press

Canopy Growth CEO Bruce Linton applauds after handing his first legal recreational marijuana customers, Ian Power and Nikki Rose, their purchases at retail store in St John's, Newfoundland and Labrador after midnight Tuesday.Chris Wattie / Reuters

TORONTO — Ian Power was among the first to buy legal recreational marijuana in Canada but he has no plans to smoke it. He plans to frame it.

Canada became the largest country with a legal national marijuana marketplace as sales began early Wednesday in Newfoundland. Power was first in line at a store in St. John's, Newfoundland.

"I am going to frame it and hang it on my wall. I'm not even going to smoke it. I'm just going to save it forever," Power said.

And there was more good news for pot aficionados: Hours before a handful of retail outlets opened in the country's easternmost province a federal official told The Associated Press that Canada will pardon all those with convictions for possessing up to 30 grams of marijuana, the now-legal threshold.

A formal announcement was planned for later Wednesday. The official, who was not authorized to speak public ahead of the announcement, said those who want to take advantage of the pardons will have to apply.

Canada has had legal medical marijuana since 2001 and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's government has spent two years working toward expanding that to include recreational marijuana. The goal is to better reflect society's changing opinion about marijuana and bring black market operators into a regulated system.

Uruguay was first was the first country to legalize marijuana.
Image: Customers line up outside the Natural Vibe store after legal recreational marijuana went on sale in St John's
Customers line up outside the Natural Vibe store after legal recreational marijuana went on sale in St John's, Newfoundland and Labrador at midnight Tuesday.Chris Wattie / Reuters

In St. John's, Newfoundland, hundreds of customers were lined up around the block at the private store on Water Street, the main commercial drag in the provincial capital, by the time the clock struck midnight. A festive atmosphere broke out, with some customers lighting up on the sidewalk and motorists honking their horns in support as they drove by the crowd.

"Prohibition has ended right now. We just made history," said the 46-year-old Power, who bought a gram. "I can't believe we did it. All the years of activism paid off. Cannabis is legal in Canada and everyone should come to Canada and enjoy our cannabis."

Tom Clarke, an illegal pot dealer for three decades, was among the first to make a legal sale in Canada when his store opened at midnight local time in Portugal Cove, Newfoundland. He made the first sale to his dad. A crowd of 50 to 100 people waited outside and cheered him.

"This is awesome. I've been waiting my whole life for this," Clarke said. "I am so happy to be living in Canada right now instead of south of the border."

Clarke, whose middle name is Herb, has been called THC for years by his friends. His dad, Don, said he was thrilled he was among the first customers of legal pot.

"It's been a long time coming. We've only been discussing this for 50 years. It's better late than never," he said.

The Newfoundland stores are among at least 111 legal pot shops expected to open across the nation of 37 million people on Wednesday, with many more to come, according to an Associated Press survey of the provinces.

Canadians also can order marijuana products through websites run by provinces or private retailers and have it delivered to their homes by mail.
June 20: Canada becomes second nation to legalize recreational marijuana
June 20, 201800:24

Alberta and Quebec have set the minimum age for purchase at 18, while others have made it 19.

No stores will open in Ontario, which includes Toronto. The most populous province is working on its regulations and doesn't expect stores until next spring.

Ryan Bose, 48, a Lyft driver in Toronto, said it's about time.
Recommended
Video shows Florida politician kill suspected shoplifter
Nightly News Full Broadcast (October 16th)

"Alcohol took my grandfather and it took his youngest son, and weed has taken no one from me ever," he said.

A patchwork of regulations has spread in Canada as each province takes its own approach within the framework set out by the federal government. Some are operating government-run stores, some are allowing private retailers, some both.

Canada's national approach has allowed for unfettered industry banking, inter-province shipments of cannabis and billions of dollars in investment — a sharp contrast with national prohibition in the United States.

Nine U.S. states have legalized recreational use of pot, and more than 30 have approved medical marijuana. California, the largest legal market in the U.S., earlier this month became the first state with a law mandating expungement of criminal convictions for marijuana-related offenses that no are longer illegal.

Democratic Sen. Ron Wyden of Oregon said it's time for the U.S. government to follow Canada's lead.

"Now that our neighbor to the north is opening its legal cannabis market, the longer we delay, the longer we miss out on potentially significant economic opportunities for Oregon and other states across the country," he said in a statement.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection invited Canadian media to a conference call on Tuesday so officials could reiterate that marijuana remains illegal under U.S. federal law and that those who are caught at the border with pot are subject to arrest and prosecution.

As Canada welcomes legalization, supply shortages could develop, as happened in some U.S. states when legalization arrived.

Trevor Fencott, chief executive of Fire and Flower, said his company has 15 Alberta stores staffed and ready to sell marijuana, but the province has supplied only enough product to open three of them Wednesday.

"We're aware of some of the kinks or growing pains that come with creating an industry out of whole cloth in 24 months," Fencott said.

Brenda Tobin and her son Trevor plan to open their pot shop in Labrador City in Newfoundland and Labrador at 4:20 p.m. Wednesday — 420 is slang for the consumption of cannabis. Tobin, a longtime convenience store owner, said they will be cutting a ribbon and cake.

"We are just ecstatic," she said.

She doesn't expect to make much money off the pot itself, noting Newfoundland's 8 percent cap on retail pot profits. She hopes to make money from pipes, bongs and marijuana paraphernalia.

"There's no money in the product itself," she said. "You got to sell $250,000 worth of product in order to make $20,000. That's not even paying someone's salary."

Gene Johnson reported from Seattle. Johnson is a member of AP's marijuana beat team. Follow him at https://twitter.com/GeneAPseattle. Find complete AP marijuana coverage at http://apnews.com/tag/LegalMarijuana
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🌿 2 Days After Legalisation, Canada Pot Stores Run Out Of Supplies
« Reply #514 on: October 19, 2018, 07:48:04 AM »
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/2-days-after-legalisation-canada-pot-stores-run-out-of-supplies-1934289

2 Days After Legalisation, Canada Pot Stores Run Out Of Supplies

Most consumers were exuberant about the end of prohibition, but a few expressed disappointment over not being able to buy cannabis on the first day.

World | Agence France-Presse | Updated: October 19, 2018 09:14 IST
by Taboola

2 Days After Legalisation, Canada Pot Stores Run Out Of Supplies

People stand in line outside a cannabis store in Canada (AFP)
Ottawa, Canada:

Day two of legal recreational cannabis in Canada on Thursday saw more long lineups outside pot stores and supply shortages in parts of the country.

Most consumers were exuberant about the end of prohibition, but a few expressed disappointment over not being able to buy cannabis on the first day.

Others balked at the relatively high prices -- ranging from Can$5.25 (US$4.02) in Quebec to Can$18.99 in Saskatchewan per gram -- compared to the black market that saw average prices plunge in the last year to Can$6.79 per gram.

After waiting seven hours in line at a store in downtown Montreal on Wednesday, Alexandre, 30, said he was turned away at closing at 9 pm (0100 GMT). Police stepped in to disperse the crowd, without incident.

"It was hell, it was cold," Alexandre said. "But we had fun anyway, talking with people in the crowd and sharing joints."

He was back early Thursday morning to try again.

"Yesterday was the day that everyone was waiting for but I think that little by little the queue will decrease," he said.

'The bomb'

Genevieve Despres, 41, was one of the lucky ones to make it inside the store on Wednesday. She described the scene in line as "super friendly, we sang, we laughed, I made friends."

"I do not usually smoke but since it was a historic day for Canada I thought I'd try," she told AFP.

Despres bought pot with a low level of THC, the psychoactive agent in cannabis.

"My God it's the bomb!" she said -- and returned with friends Thursday to buy more.

In Ontario, Canada's most populated province, 38,000 orders for weed worth about Can$750,000 were processed in the first few hours Wednesday (total figures for the day were not yet available), while in neighboring Quebec 42,000 orders were processed in-store and online, smashing all expectations.

"This volume of orders far exceeds the forecasts of the SQDC," the Quebec government pot retailer said.

It said it was "difficult to anticipate the volume of sales ... given the lack of data from a sector that 48 hours ago was still illegal."

The statement added that short-term supply shortages are expected due to "the craze surrounding legalization of cannabis and the scarcity of product across Canada."

Canada's smallest provinces on the Atlantic coast, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, posted Can$660,000 and Can$152,000 in sales, respectively.

Supply shortages were already reported in the provinces of Newfoundland and Saskatchewan, as well as in the Arctic territory of Nunavut.

Several online retailers including the Ontario government's pot portal warned customers to expect shipping delays of up to five days as they worked late into the night filling orders.

Canada Post workers are also poised to strike starting on Monday after more than a year of contract talks stalled, which could further delay deliveries of online orders.

Canada on Wednesday became the world's first major economy and only the second country in the world, after Uruguay, to legalize the recreational use of cannabis and embark on the controversial experiment in drug policy.

Liberal Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has defended legalization -- the fulfillment of a 2015 campaign promise -- as intended to protect young people and to shut down drug dealers.

But there has been pushback from some doctors and the opposition Tories.

In total, Statistics Canada says 5.4 million Canadians will buy cannabis from legal dispensaries in 2018 -- about 15 percent of the population. Around 4.9 million already smoke.

"We expected, you know, certain strains might run out and there would be a bit of a run on supply," Bill Blair, a former Toronto police chief who is the government's pointman for legalization, told public broadcaster CBC.
COMMENT

"But, you know, they've got a pretty good infrastructure in place and I'm confident it will work," he said.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
The Potfolio - Single Dose of CBD Resets Schizophrenic Brains
« Reply #515 on: October 31, 2018, 10:22:50 AM »

Treatments for sufferers of schizophrenia have not advanced significantly in the last fifty years. But there is new cause for hope in the form of a plant-based treatment that can reset the brains of psychosis sufferers back to normal levels in a single dose

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/single-dose-cbd-resets-schizophrenic-brains

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
The Potfolio-Two Huge Events For The Pot Industry Happened Last Week
« Reply #516 on: November 11, 2018, 12:28:59 PM »

Two huge bullish events for the marijuana industry happened in just the last several days: 3 out of 4 US states passed marijuana legalization & cannabis opponent Jeff Sessions resigned as AG.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-10/two-huge-events-pot-industry-happened-last-week-what-they-mean-marijuana-industry

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Re: The Potfolio-Two Huge Events For The Pot Industry Happened Last Week
« Reply #517 on: November 11, 2018, 01:30:42 PM »

Two huge bullish events for the marijuana industry happened in just the last several days: 3 out of 4 US states passed marijuana legalization & cannabis opponent Jeff Sessions resigned as AG.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-10/two-huge-events-pot-industry-happened-last-week-what-they-mean-marijuana-industry

So how long do you think it will be before Trump torches up? 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Smx0zv5L7E?ecver=2" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9Smx0zv5L7E?ecver=2</a>

USA  USA  USA
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #518 on: November 11, 2018, 01:37:34 PM »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
The Potfolio - Legal in Barbados before Christmas sez P.M.
« Reply #519 on: December 08, 2018, 05:22:09 PM »

Before Christmas Barbados should have a framework for medical cannabis in place. However, freeing up the recreational use of the drug will have to be decided by referendum.

Word of this has come from Prime Minister Mia Mottley, who pointed out that Barbados could no longer afford to miss out on the emerging cannabis industry.

“There is no doubt that we will put a framework in place for medical cannabis within the next week or so. In fact, we have more or less taken a decision, we just need some refining and training with practitioners,” Mottley told the business community gathered at the CIBC FirstCaribbean Barbados Client Economic Forum at Sandals Barbados on Friday.

https://barbadostoday.bb/2018/12/07/medical-marijuana-coming/

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 22, 2018, 02:46:53 PM »

Hemp Is Officially Legalized As President Trump Signs The New Farm Bill.

https://www.collective-evolution.com/2018/12/20/hemp-is-officially-legalized-as-president-trump-signs-the-new-farm-bill/

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
The Potfolio - World's 1st Prefab Dutch Hemp House
« Reply #521 on: January 05, 2019, 04:45:20 PM »

Dec 31, 2018

In the near future, citizens around the world will have the opportunity to live in economical, sustainable, and secure housing made entirely from hemp, a variety of the cannabis plant. Not only can the prefabricated abodes be constructed in a fraction of the time modern-day homes require, but they are also said to be more durable and affordable, as well as earthquake-resistant.

The progressive home was constructed by Dun Agro, a Dutch company specializing in “hemp concrete,” also referred to as “hempcrete.” Hemp is a versatile variety of the cannabis plant. It can be used to make everything from industrial building materials and food to clothing and bio-fuel. Unlike its cousin, hemp does not contain tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). As a result, it is impossible to get “high” from ingesting or using the material.

https://themindunleashed.com/2018/12/prefab-house-cannabis-hempcrete.html

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Potfolio - Does Cannabis Make You More Creative?
« Reply #522 on: January 18, 2019, 03:06:09 PM »

By Marco Torres

Guest writer for Wake Up World

Cannabis is one of the most powerful healing plants on the planet. One of the most important roles cannabinoids play is in the suppression of cancer. However, the plant’s impact on our psychological health, including artistic creativity and convergent thinking, have now been highlighted by a study in Consciousness and Cognition.

A recent study on the effects of smoking marijuana and its relation to creativity has some interesting results. As one of nature’s most medicinal plants, it turns out how it makes us feel and think goes beyond logical interpretations.

The study consisted of 412 marijuana users and 309 non-users, and they attempted to answer the question: Does smoking marijuana make you more creative?

Previous research suggests cannabis may enhance some aspects of creativity, although the results remain somewhat equivocal. Moreover, it is unclear whether differences in cannabis users’ personalities may account for any potentially beneficial effects of cannabis on creativity.

When cannabis is used over a period of time, it allows us to witness our many subtle motives which, under normal consciousness, are usually not noticeable. Duality within human consciousness becomes clear as does the ego and alter ego. With this expansiveness which occurs after ingesting cannabis, users may begin to notice infinite possibilities to raise the quality of his/her life that would otherwise have remained hidden from normal, defensive consciousness. And feelings of health and happiness naturally lead to hope and creativity, which of itself can be curative.

Emily LaFrance, the co-author of the study and graduate student at Washington State University, says she first became interested in the topic when she noticed that a lot of her favorite artists admit they smoke marijuana. “This cannabis use was commonly thought to have been a cause of the creative success of many artists,” she explains. “I began to wonder about this commonly held idea — are cannabis users really more creative than non-users?”

The study is called “Inspired by Mary Jane? Mechanisms underlying enhanced creativity in cannabis users“ and was published in Consciousness and Cognition. It examined the participants over a variety of areas including psychological tests, and measuring creative works and achievements.

Some major points from the study include:

Cannabis users were more likely to be extroverted and open to new experiences.
    Cannabis users reported higher levels of artistic creativity, but not a higher amount of creative achievements or completed works.
    Cannabis users performed better on a convergent thinking test (which tests creative problem solving).

Overall, they did find that those who use marijuana are more creative than their counterparts who do not use it, but when they dug deeper they made a startling discovery. When the scientists included the personality traits into the data, they realized that these traits on their own could determine whether a person is more open to using marijuana, as well as drive a tendency to be more creative.

“Cannabis users may be more creative than non-users,” LaFrance says, “but this is not because using cannabis has increased their creativity.” She goes on to explain that it’s the fact that marijuana users “are more open to experience than non-users, and this openness to experience is associated with both cannabis use, and heightened creativity.”

So there you have it: if you smoke pot you’re probably more creative than people who don’t — but it’s not necessarily the weed that’s got your creativity going. It was you all along!

Note: This study was conducted with all subjects being sober, meaning none of them were under the influence of marijuana during the test.

Many researchers continue to be interested in the idea that psychedelics facilitate communication across the brain and, more specifically, how the default-mode network in the brain, arguably science’s best biological correlate of the self, normally works to constrain this

https://wakeup-world.com/2018/11/29/does-cannabis-make-you-more-cr

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Potfolio - Does Cannabis Make You More Creative?
« Reply #523 on: January 18, 2019, 03:10:40 PM »

By Marco Torres

Cannabis is one of the most powerful healing plants on the planet. One of the most important roles cannabinoids play is in the suppression of cancer. However, the plant’s impact on our psychological health, including artistic creativity and convergent thinking, have now been highlighted by a study in Consciousness and Cognition.

A recent study on the effects of smoking marijuana and its relation to creativity has some interesting results. As one of nature’s most medicinal plants, it turns out how it makes us feel and think goes beyond logical interpretations.

The study consisted of 412 marijuana users and 309 non-users, and they attempted to answer the question: Does smoking marijuana make you more creative?

Previous research suggests cannabis may enhance some aspects of creativity, although the results remain somewhat equivocal. Moreover, it is unclear whether differences in cannabis users’ personalities may account for any potentially beneficial effects of cannabis on creativity.

When cannabis is used over a period of time, it allows us to witness our many subtle motives which, under normal consciousness, are usually not noticeable. Duality within human consciousness becomes clear as does the ego and alter ego. With this expansiveness which occurs after ingesting cannabis, users may begin to notice infinite possibilities to raise the quality of his/her life that would otherwise have remained hidden from normal, defensive consciousness. And feelings of health and happiness naturally lead to hope and creativity, which of itself can be curative.

Emily LaFrance, the co-author of the study and graduate student at Washington State University, says she first became interested in the topic when she noticed that a lot of her favorite artists admit they smoke marijuana. “This cannabis use was commonly thought to have been a cause of the creative success of many artists,” she explains. “I began to wonder about this commonly held idea — are cannabis users really more creative than non-users?”

The study is called “Inspired by Mary Jane? Mechanisms underlying enhanced creativity in cannabis users“ and was published in Consciousness and Cognition. It examined the participants over a variety of areas including psychological tests, and measuring creative works and achievements.

Cannabis users reported higher levels of artistic creativity, but not a higher amount of creative achievements or completed works.
    Cannabis users performed better on a convergent thinking test (which tests creative problem solving).

Overall, they did find that those who use marijuana are more creative than their counterparts who do not use it, but when they dug deeper they made a startling discovery. When the scientists included the personality traits into the data, they realized that these traits on their own could determine whether a person is more open to using marijuana, as well as drive a tendency to be more creative.

“Cannabis users may be more creative than non-users,” LaFrance says, “but this is not because using cannabis has increased their creativity.” She goes on to explain that it’s the fact that marijuana users “are more open to experience than non-users, and this openness to experience is associated with both cannabis use, and heightened creativity.”

So there you have it: if you smoke pot you’re probably more creative than people who don’t — but it’s not necessarily the weed that’s got your creativity going. It was you all along!

Note: This study was conducted with all subjects being sober, meaning none of them were under the influence of marijuana during the test.

Many researchers continue to be interested in the idea that psychedelics facilitate communication across the brain and, more specifically, how the default-mode network in the brain, arguably science’s best biological correlate of the self, normally works to constrain this

I'm a genius on cannabis....just can't remember the breakthrough insights I had, later, when I go to write 'em down. LOL.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Potfolio - Does Cannabis Make You More Creative?
« Reply #524 on: January 18, 2019, 03:24:29 PM »

By Marco Torres

I'm a genius on cannabis....just can't remember the breakthrough insights I had, later, when I go to write 'em down. LOL.

Run a video cam while you are partying and explain your insights to the camera between Bong Hits!  :icon_sunny:

It will Go Viral on Diner Utoob!  :o

Maybe you will solve Collapse!  ;D

RE
Save As Many As You Can