AuthorTopic: The Potfolio  (Read 59579 times)

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Potfolio - Does Cannabis Make You More Creative?
« Reply #525 on: January 18, 2019, 04:38:51 PM »

By Marco Torres

Guest writer for Wake Up World

Cannabis is one of the most powerful healing plants on the planet. One of the most important roles cannabinoids play is in the suppression of cancer. However, the plant’s impact on our psychological health, including artistic creativity and convergent thinking, have now been highlighted by a study in Consciousness and Cognition.

A recent study on the effects of smoking marijuana and its relation to creativity has some interesting results. As one of nature’s most medicinal plants, it turns out how it makes us feel and think goes beyond logical interpretations.

The study consisted of 412 marijuana users and 309 non-users, and they attempted to answer the question: Does smoking marijuana make you more creative?

Previous research suggests cannabis may enhance some aspects of creativity, although the results remain somewhat equivocal. Moreover, it is unclear whether differences in cannabis users’ personalities may account for any potentially beneficial effects of cannabis on creativity.

When cannabis is used over a period of time, it allows us to witness our many subtle motives which, under normal consciousness, are usually not noticeable. Duality within human consciousness becomes clear as does the ego and alter ego. With this expansiveness which occurs after ingesting cannabis, users may begin to notice infinite possibilities to raise the quality of his/her life that would otherwise have remained hidden from normal, defensive consciousness. And feelings of health and happiness naturally lead to hope and creativity, which of itself can be curative.

Emily LaFrance, the co-author of the study and graduate student at Washington State University, says she first became interested in the topic when she noticed that a lot of her favorite artists admit they smoke marijuana. “This cannabis use was commonly thought to have been a cause of the creative success of many artists,” she explains. “I began to wonder about this commonly held idea — are cannabis users really more creative than non-users?”

The study is called “Inspired by Mary Jane? Mechanisms underlying enhanced creativity in cannabis users“ and was published in Consciousness and Cognition. It examined the participants over a variety of areas including psychological tests, and measuring creative works and achievements.

Some major points from the study include:

Cannabis users were more likely to be extroverted and open to new experiences.
    Cannabis users reported higher levels of artistic creativity, but not a higher amount of creative achievements or completed works.
    Cannabis users performed better on a convergent thinking test (which tests creative problem solving).

Overall, they did find that those who use marijuana are more creative than their counterparts who do not use it, but when they dug deeper they made a startling discovery. When the scientists included the personality traits into the data, they realized that these traits on their own could determine whether a person is more open to using marijuana, as well as drive a tendency to be more creative.

“Cannabis users may be more creative than non-users,” LaFrance says, “but this is not because using cannabis has increased their creativity.” She goes on to explain that it’s the fact that marijuana users “are more open to experience than non-users, and this openness to experience is associated with both cannabis use, and heightened creativity.”

So there you have it: if you smoke pot you’re probably more creative than people who don’t — but it’s not necessarily the weed that’s got your creativity going. It was you all along!

Note: This study was conducted with all subjects being sober, meaning none of them were under the influence of marijuana during the test.

Many researchers continue to be interested in the idea that psychedelics facilitate communication across the brain and, more specifically, how the default-mode network in the brain, arguably science’s best biological correlate of the self, normally works to constrain this

https://wakeup-world.com/2018/11/29/does-cannabis-make-you-more-cr

I'm a genius on cannabis....just can't remember the breakthrough insights I had, later, when I go to write 'em down. LOL.

Run a video cam while you are partying and explain your insights to the camera between Bong Hits!  :icon_sunny:

It will Go Viral on Diner Utoob!  :o

Maybe you will solve Collapse!  ;D

RE

I was just joking.

But...I do remember this....back in my teenage tripping days when the world was young and I was too....the day after a good acid trip, as I was coming down, I would go through this stage where I felt so spot on.....intellectually, I mean. I said things that were wittier than normal....funny. Maybe I was just a little less hopelessly caught up in my usual teenage angst or something. But I did notice it,  and other people I was around noticed it, and I think it was areal thing.

So I think psychedelics do increase creativity...just not when you're peaking and the world turns into a Sgt Peppers album and your eyes are glued to the tracers coming from the windshield wipers on the car...or you notice that tree seems to be breathing, and you realize its a sentient being, and you just want to give it a big hug.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Potfolio - Does Cannabis Make You More Creative?
« Reply #526 on: January 18, 2019, 04:56:39 PM »

I was just joking.

But...I do remember this....back in my teenage tripping days when the world was young and I was too....the day after a good acid trip, as I was coming down, I would go through this stage where I felt so spot on.....intellectually, I mean. I said things that were wittier than normal....funny. Maybe I was just a little less hopelessly caught up in my usual teenage angst or something. But I did notice it,  and other people I was around noticed it, and I think it was areal thing.

So I think psychedelics do increase creativity...just not when you're peaking and the world turns into a Sgt Peppers album and your eyes are glued to the tracers coming from the windshield wipers on the car...or you notice that tree seems to be breathing, and you realize its a sentient being, and you just want to give it a big hug.

I was joking too.  :icon_mrgreen:

I couldn't even get you to make Vids of the damn Mangalitsas!  ::)

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Potfolio - Cannabis Elite invited to Davos !
« Reply #527 on: January 22, 2019, 03:11:38 PM »

The global elite are on their way to the Swiss alpine town of Davos for the World Economic Forum’s annual gathering, but this year a new group is joining the party: the cannabis elite.

A bevy of company executives and former politicians — all of whom are now involved in the burgeoning legal cannabis industry — are expected to attend what is being billed as the first ever “Cannabis Conclave,” a three-hour lunch at an alpine restaurant only accessible by cable car.

Attendees of the event at Restaurant Höhenweg will be able to “listen to insights by leading cannabis executives and investors while enjoying a three-course Swiss lunch” consisting of Swiss cheese pasta, meat fondue and “kaiserschmarrn” or fried pancakes.

https://business.financialpost.com/cannabis/cannabis-elite-descend-on-davos-to-help-global-elite-understand-sector
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Potfolio - Cannabis Elite invited to Davos !
« Reply #528 on: January 23, 2019, 06:22:58 AM »

The global elite are on their way to the Swiss alpine town of Davos for the World Economic Forum’s annual gathering, but this year a new group is joining the party: the cannabis elite.

A bevy of company executives and former politicians — all of whom are now involved in the burgeoning legal cannabis industry — are expected to attend what is being billed as the first ever “Cannabis Conclave,” a three-hour lunch at an alpine restaurant only accessible by cable car.

Attendees of the event at Restaurant Höhenweg will be able to “listen to insights by leading cannabis executives and investors while enjoying a three-course Swiss lunch” consisting of Swiss cheese pasta, meat fondue and “kaiserschmarrn” or fried pancakes.

https://business.financialpost.com/cannabis/cannabis-elite-descend-on-davos-to-help-global-elite-understand-sector

The people with the good pot are always invited to the party.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Why Legal Weed Could Save Big Tobacco
« Reply #529 on: January 30, 2019, 06:06:51 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zcnzsQMBqbA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zcnzsQMBqbA</a>
Save As Many As You Can

Offline AJ

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: The Potfolio
« Reply #530 on: January 31, 2019, 04:56:16 AM »
Don't know the future - but I'm not sure there is a big market for Big Tobacco in weed. It's not like tobacco which has limited areas to be grown. Here in Oregon all the little dispensaries are hurting and constantly cutting prices to survive. Too much product and anybody can grow it (and they are). It's as easy as growing a tomato in a pot (pun intended). Unless you are a heavy user a few plants could last you for a year at least. Far easier than making hard cider. All the business types want a new growth industry - collapse is coming/or here and people will have small weed plants out back in the garden to help them medicate through the starvation (god the munchies without food is going to be hard :laugh:).
AJ
Nullis in Verba

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 15, 2019, 06:40:14 AM »

Patients Are Dumping Benzodiazepines In Favor Of Cannabis To Treat Anxiety
FEBRUARY 12, 2019
By Alex Pietrowski

Along with the opioid epidemic, we are in the midst of a benzodiazepine epidemic. This class of prescription drugs, which includes the extremely popular drug Xanax, is primarily prescribed for anxiety, but is exceptionally prone to abuse, addiction, and were involved in almost 12,000 deaths a year.

“These are highly addictive and potentially lethal drugs, and many people don’t know that,” lead author Dr. Anna Lembke of the Stanford University School of Medicine said. “Sadly, most physicians are also unaware of this and blithely prescribe them without educating their patients about the risk of addiction.” [Source]

The public is waking up to the fact that pharmaceutical remedies are often very dangerous and can have serious side effects, while at the same to also waking up to the fact that cannabis is an exceptionally powerful healing medicine with nearly no harmful side effects whatsoever.

https://www.naturalblaze.com/2019/02/patients-are-dumping-benzodiazepines-in-favor-of-cannabis-to-treat-anxiety.html
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 15, 2019, 07:04:16 AM »
Don't know the future - but I'm not sure there is a big market for Big Tobacco in weed. It's not like tobacco which has limited areas to be grown. Here in Oregon all the little dispensaries are hurting and constantly cutting prices to survive. Too much product and anybody can grow it (and they are). It's as easy as growing a tomato in a pot (pun intended). Unless you are a heavy user a few plants could last you for a year at least. Far easier than making hard cider. All the business types want a new growth industry - collapse is coming/or here and people will have small weed plants out back in the garden to help them medicate through the starvation (god the munchies without food is going to be hard :laugh:).
AJ

I hope big tobacco stays out of it. They're the ones working on round-up ready cannabis, which will be an abomination.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #533 on: February 15, 2019, 07:38:09 AM »
AJ

I hope big tobacco stays out of it. They're the ones working on round-up ready cannabis, which will be an abomination.

Roundup-ready cannabis will be Death by Bong. And then they'll be able to say smoking pot causes cancer.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 15, 2019, 09:39:49 AM »
AJ

Micro brews didn't hurt BUD......

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 22, 2019, 12:06:55 PM »
Pepsico is going to have a field day with this shit .....

FDA Looking For “Pathways” To Legalize Cannabinoid Drinks and Snacks

All over the U.S., a new trend is taking form — several restaurants are suddenly offering cannabidiol (CBD) infused snacks and drinks; however, according to several state regulators, selling them is illegal. Meanwhile, the battle on the federal level already seems won as the FDA is seeking “pathways” to legalize CBD oil in drinks and snack food.

If you do a simple Presearch for the words “CBD oil smoothie” you are bound to get tons of results. It’s a new trend taking over U.S. restaurants all over from the East Coast to the West Coast, selling CBD-infused drinks or snacks to customers.

https://www.activistpost.com/2019/02/trump-legalizes-hemp-in-farm-bill-fda-looking-for-pathways-to-legalize-cannabinoid-drinks-and-snacks.html

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 11, 2019, 01:13:44 PM »

Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., for the second time proposed a bill that would legalize recreational use of marijuana nationwide. The legislation also intends to clear all marijuana possession charges from the criminal records of U.S. citizens.

Booker introduced the “Marijuana Justice Act” on Thursday with Democratic California Reps. Barbara Lee and Ro Khanna. The senator first unveiled the bill in 2017 but failed in the upper chamber of Congress, Futurism reported Friday.

The move is part of the lawmakers’ efforts to end the war on drugs in the U.S., which already led to over-policing and incarceration of racial minorities for nonviolent crimes, Booker said.

A report by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) highlighted that despite similar rates of drug use, black people are four times more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession than white people.

https://www.medicaldaily.com/marijuana-legalization-usa-2019-new-senate-bill-aims-nationwide-adoption-430680

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 19, 2019, 11:16:50 AM »

James David Adams, The Conversation
Waking Times

Medical marijuana is legal in 33 states as of November 2018. Yet the federal government still insists marijuana has no legal use and is easy to abuse. In the meantime, medical marijuana dispensaries have an increasing array of products available for pain, anxiety, sex and more.

The glass counters and their jars of products in the dispensary resemble an 18th century pharmacy. Many strains for sale have evocative and magical names like Blue Dream, Bubba Kush and Chocolope. But what does it all mean? Are there really differences in the medical qualities of the various strains? Or, are the different strains with the fanciful names all just advertising gimmicks?

I am a professor in the University of Southern California School of Pharmacy. I have lived in California a long time and remember the Haight-Ashbury Summer of Love. While in graduate school, I worked with professor Alexander Shulgin, the father of designer drugs, who taught me the chemistry of medicinal plants. Afterwards, while a professor at USC, I learned Chumash healing from a Native American Chumash healer for 14 years from 1998 until 2012. She taught me how to make medicines from Californian plants, but not marijuana, which is not native to the U.S. Currently, I am teaching a course in medical marijuana to pharmacy students.

If there is one thing about marijuana that is certain: In small doses it can boost libido in men and women, leading to more sex. But can marijuana really be used for medical conditions?

https://www.wakingtimes.com/2019/03/18/marijuana-is-a-lot-more-than-just-thc-a-pharmacologist-looks-at-the-untapped-healing-compounds/

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
SURVEY SAYS ! THAT BEES LOVE HEMP
« Reply #538 on: March 23, 2019, 02:29:54 PM »

STUDY SHOWS THAT BEES LOVE HEMP, WHICH IS WONDERFUL NEWS FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND THE WORLD
March 22, 2019

Vic Bishop, Staff Writer
Waking Times

Just under the radar of public concerns is the fact that bees and pollinator insects are dying off in catastrophic numbers, and if we are unable to reverse this trend, we face a very different kind of future.  Bees in particular appear to be acutely affected by neonicotinoid pesticides along with other fungicides and herbicides. They are losing their habitats.

At the same time, another crisis is converging. Fossil fuels. We need a new, natural, sustainable material to use for construction, packaging, fuel, clothing, and so much more. Fossil fuel extraction is a disaster that could be corrected with a massive global investment in hemp. This may well come to pass, as Congress recently legalized hemp farming in the U.S. for the first time since the last legal hemp fields were planted in 1957 in Wisconsin.

An interesting new scientific study connects these two burgeoning crises, showing the bees absolutely love hemp plants. Hemp crops apparently attract an array of different bee species, offering them a plentiful source of pollen for foraging.

https://www.wakingtimes.com/2019/03/22/study-shows-that-bees-love-hemp-which-is-wonderful-news-for-the-environment-and-the-world/

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Potfolio - Pot Crypto, really .....
« Reply #539 on: March 25, 2019, 11:27:40 AM »

By Michael Maharrey

A bill filed in the Oregon House would establish limited state-chartered banks to serve the cannabis industry. Final passage of this legislation would remove a major federal roadblock in front of the developing industry in the state and further nullify federal prohibition in practice.

Rep. Pam Marsh (D) and Rep. Ken Helm (D) introduced House Bill 3169 (HB3169) on Feb. 28. The legislation would create a self-contained, state chartered banking system for the cannabis industry in Oregon.

Organically Grown CBD Oil and Products Available (Ad)

Because marijuana remains illegal under federal law, cannabis businesses in states that have legalized marijuana remain effectively locked out of the banking system. If a federally chartered or insured financial institution touches marijuana money, it takes on significant legal risk. The federal government insures or charters virtually every bank in the U.S. As a result, cannabis businesses have been forced to transact almost exclusively in cash. Passage of HB3169 would bypass the federal banking system and create a limited banking alternative for the marijuana industry in Oregon.

HB3619 would authorize banking institutions and credit unions to organize as limited charter cannabis financial institutions. Cannabis businesses would be able to deposit funds in these institutions and write “special purpose checks” for the following:

https://www.activistpost.com/2019/03/oregon-bill-would-create-banking-alternative-for-cannabis-industry-bypass-federal-reserve.html