AuthorTopic: Sudden Stop or Long Emergency  (Read 26267 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Sudden Stop or Long Emergency
« Reply #225 on: February 28, 2013, 03:24:26 PM »
I'd like to dip into this conversation and just second that notion about this forum being a haven for sanity in an insane world. I just quit my fairly safe and lucrative job today and as I did so sent out an email to the 150 or so souls who made up the greater and lesser office fauna of the concrete building I have spent the last 18 months in.

In my email I did the unthinkable - I put a link to my blog in it and pretty much spelled out what I think about what we're on the cusp of. I said I was going to live in a mud hole in another country, and that I had been scavenging through their trash for the last two years. Talk about burning bridges ...

Did you attach a copy of the Feb 2012 Diner Webzine to the email?  :icon_mrgreen:  Can you send me the Mailing list if you didn't?  Speaking of which, when does the Diner get a reciprocal Link on 22 Billion Energy Slaves Blogroll?

Look forward to hearing more about your adventures at the Hobbitstead.  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2013, 03:49:10 PM »
Anyway, the point is, I think quite a few people realise on some level that they are in an insane situation, but really don't know how to address it. Whether it's a good idea to keep trying to make them realise as such ... or just make the best of your own situation before the manic rush, could be a topic for another branch.

Damn, William goes dancin' around in a clown wig with a boombox on his shoulder at big bank, and you drop a mind bomb that exploded in everybody's face but only one or two noticed? 

That's a good idea for a new conversation around here.  Michael Ruppert convinced me about two years ago to give up on the zombies and build my own lifeboat.  I've been working on it ever since.  It's like Rage said "it's right outside your door...now testify" (for you old farts who don't know, he's talking about War being right outside your door, in America, and we're denying it...at least psychologically...which would also make a good conversation around here.).  Maybe I need to start a thread. 

At any rate, you should stop in more Hepp.  Whenever you need a break from writing your book. 

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2013, 05:27:58 PM »
I'd like to dip into this conversation and just second that notion about this forum being a haven for sanity in an insane world. I just quit my fairly safe and lucrative job today and as I did so sent out an email to the 150 or so souls who made up the greater and lesser office fauna of the concrete building I have spent the last 18 months in.

In my email I did the unthinkable - I put a link to my blog in it and pretty much spelled out what I think about what we're on the cusp of. I said I was going to live in a mud hole in another country, and that I had been scavenging through their trash for the last two years. Talk about burning bridges ...

Understand that this is a cornucopian environment, where the sales director gives everyone a big talk every month saying how incredible the expansion is going etc etc, complete with Powerpoint graphics and maps of the world with pins stuck into them. Nevertheless, I think my little departing hand grenade had an effect on some. A few people expressed more than a normal amount of interest, and one woman actually had tears in her eyes (but, hey, maybe that's just because I was leaving ;-)) I guess that facing up to the reality that you live your life in a mind prison can be a bit overwhelming to some.

Anyway, the point is, I think quite a few people realise on some level that they are in an insane situation, but really don't know how to address it. Whether it's a good idea to keep trying to make them realise as such ... or just make the best of your own situation before the manic rush, could be a topic for another branch.

The whole time reading that, I was like, you did not! You did not! LOL

I'm trying to imagine them reading your blog. Perhaps you will ignite a fire in Denmark. Perhaps Bjorn Lumborg will be forced to respond. Perhaps you will become so famous the royal family will declare you an enemy of the State.  LOL :icon_mrgreen:

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #228 on: February 28, 2013, 05:45:55 PM »
enemy of the state  :laugh: 

Offline Futilitist

• Red Psycho
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 12, 2018, 02:23:33 PM »
ralfy,

I would like the chance to help you untangle the gordian knot that forms twists your world view.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #230 on: July 12, 2018, 04:21:50 PM »
ralfy,

I would like the chance to help you untangle the gordian knot that forms twists your world view.

Dafuq?

Another Ghost in the machine?
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 12, 2018, 06:06:30 PM »
ralfy,

Dafuq?

Another Ghost in the machine?

That would seem most likely.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN