AuthorTopic: Anyone watching MARS on Nat Geo?  (Read 870 times)

Offline MKing

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Anyone watching MARS on Nat Geo?
« on: November 26, 2016, 07:23:18 PM »
What a wonderful demonstration of how people not shackled to petty visions of misanthropy, conservatism or Malthusian doom think. The world, for better or worse, has become what it is not because folks hoped it was something else, but because of people working and dying to to solve the problems needed along the way and dragging, screaming and whining, problems like a scarcity of iron and price of aluminum, flight, space flight, feeding billions more than Malthus or Ehrlich thought possible, bringing the species to a point where we can see the vision of human diaspora possible.

Kudos to Nat Geo for not staring at their feet in gloom, lamenting what once was, and instead focusing on what Stephen Hawking believes can be. Navel contemplaters, continue to contemplate, me, I think I'm going to get out to the middle of Nevada on US50, the loneliest road in America, just so I can spend the night sleeping in the desert with the Milky Way in all its glory visible above, as it should be seen, with no human light interference. Did it once before by accident on the way to the race track for an adrenaline dose, and was amazed by what you can see once humans aren't beaming light waves randomly around.

Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
-Dalai Lama