AuthorTopic: Trumpty-Dumpty POTUS Thread  (Read 112099 times)

Offline Agent Graves

• Rookie
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Trumpty-Dumpty POTUS Thread
« Reply #1380 on: August 01, 2018, 12:57:39 AM »
I do not know what else he has said, but it should not even need pointing out that collusion with anyone, from anywhere, who can help win an election is normally perfectly acceptable. Its usually just known as lobbying, except when u want a war, then you take a different attitude only for the intended enemy. Between tweets threatening a different country every day, a different playbunny every month and focussing on this hypocritical issue that i suspect nets sympathy, there isnt much attention paid to half the crap going on; like genuinely illegal conflicts of interest.
Junior  Operative, FBI Counter-Doomsdaycult Taskforce

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1381 on: August 01, 2018, 01:43:15 AM »
I do not know what else he has said, but it should not even need pointing out that collusion with anyone, from anywhere, who can help win an election is normally perfectly acceptable.

Wrong. It is a crime.
Conspiracy against the United States is another matter entirely. A criminal matter.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 01, 2018, 04:07:55 AM »
I do not know what else he has said, but it should not even need pointing out that collusion with anyone, from anywhere, who can help win an election is normally perfectly acceptable.

Wrong. It is a crime.
Conspiracy against the United States is another matter entirely. A criminal matter.

Then why isn't Israel being investigated and Netanyahu being demonized by MSM and under investigation by the crooked FBI and equally corrupt Justice dept.

What about crooked Hillary and her uranium deal.??

Mueller is a tainted political crony and this whole affair is a political witch hunt to get Trump period.

Offline Agent Graves

• Rookie
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 01, 2018, 05:59:14 AM »

Then why isn't Israel being investigated and Netanyahu being demonized by MSM and under investigation by the crooked FBI and equally corrupt Justice dept.

According to that lawyer, because there is no law against it. You and I are literally colluding now, free to do so if he is right.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 06:07:51 AM by Agent Graves »
Junior  Operative, FBI Counter-Doomsdaycult Taskforce

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1384 on: August 01, 2018, 06:11:44 AM »

Wrong. It is a crime.

You know as well as I do that the Zionist Apartheid State OWNS the USG. No oversight or even discussion if Israel/Likud's crimes will be tolerated. As someone smart (Chomsky?) observed, "If you want to know who holds the power, find out who you are not allowed to criticize." I look for another spate of laws equating the BDS movement with terrorism.

Asked and answered. There IS no "Uranium One" scandal except among inveterate (and invertabrate) Trumpsuckers who get their news from Mike Cernovich and Peter Schweizer. It is an empty vessel, a deflated balloon. No there there. Look it up.

There is no evidence that donations to the Clinton Foundation from people with ties to Uranium One or Bill Clinton’s speaking fee influenced Hillary Clinton’s official actions. That’s still the case. Don't believe me; believe FactCheck.
https://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/facts-uranium-one/

Now put that ignorant shit to bed.

Mueller is a tainted political crony and this whole affair is a political witch hunt to get Trump period.

You are falling for right wing propaganda and hackery. I would begin by pointing you to the slime trail of indictments and guilty pleas. IN the fullness of time, all will be revealed. I hope you all cut yourselves in for an extra-large helping of shame for having defended this crook with so much energy for so long.

"Tainted political crony?" Crony of whom? Like Rosenstein, he is a Republican. He was regarded as a secular saint, especially by the law-n-order crowd, before he got close to putting the arm on The Orange Lout.

"By having someone like Bob Mueller head the investigation assures the American people that there's no undue influence, be it here or be it at the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue, or within the Justice Department or FBI,." --Senate Intelligence Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C.

"Mueller is a great selection. Impeccable credentials. Should be widely accepted." --Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah.

"Mueller has got a good background in terms of not being partisan and I hope he gets down to the bottom of what really is a growing list of allegations." --Rep. Mike Coffman, R-Colo.,

"Appointing Mueller was the right thing to do and the right choice." Rep. Barbara Comstock, R-Va

“I view it as good and what we’ve been waiting for and I think it sends the right message that Mueller will go where the facts lead.” --Rep. Darrell Issa, R-CA

"He has credibility on both sides.”  --Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.)

"Mueller has sterling credentials and is above reproach.” --Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine)

"He will “serve with integrity and professionalism, and will conduct a thorough and fair investigation.” --Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.)

Had enough yet?

Memory: the liberal superpower.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 01, 2018, 06:31:26 AM »
The one thing Mueller isn't.....is a political crony, as much as The Donald would like to Tweet you into believing that.

Whatever the real truth is, you can bet it won't be found posted on Trump's Twitter feed.

Mueller is probably the best special prosecutor of this lifetime, and there have been several. I tend to agree that no case will be brought against the POTUS, but some close to him are on shaky ground.

I don't  like the idea of Trump pardoning his son and son-in-law, if they are convicted of something, which I do see as quite possible.I do expect him to play the pardon card if that happens, and I just wonder if the American public is so blase now that such a thing will be shrugged off as no big deal.

That would not bode well.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 06:55:51 AM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1386 on: August 01, 2018, 07:06:44 AM »
The one thing Mueller isn't.....is a political crony, as much as The Donald would like to Tweet you into believing.

Whatever the real truth is, you can bet it won't be found posted on Trump's Twitter feed.

Mueller is probably the best special prosecutor of this lifetime, and there have been several. I tend to agree that no case will be brought against the POTUS, but some close to him are on shaky ground.

I don't  like the idea of Trump pardoning his son and son-in-law, if they are convicted of something, which I do see as quite possible.I do expect him to play the pardon card if that happens, and I just wonder if the American public is so blase now that such a thing will be shrugged off as no big deal.

I also find this both likely and extremely troublesome. As I observe what's going on, it looks to me like Manafort is playing for a pardon as well.  I am sure he and his ostrich jacket are not looking forward to being passed around like a party favor in cellblock D in Petersburg. Trump has bypassed all review and precedent in issuing his pardons, so process or past practice will pose no problem.

Mueller: Princeton, Marine Corps officer, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, and Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry.  UVA School of Law. Private practice, Justice dept. lawyer, FBI director for two presidents. Looked into the Ray rice thing for the NFL.  Has administered settlements for VW, and the Takata airbag thing. One of the few people in public life about whom nobody has EVER had a bad thing to say. This is the guy who the Republicans have NOW decided to attack and besmirch, en masse.  When you don’t have the Facts or the Truth on your side — attack and smear a man’s character.

Dafuq?

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 01, 2018, 08:17:08 AM »
The one thing Mueller isn't.....is a political crony, as much as The Donald would like to Tweet you into believing.

I also find this both likely and extremely troublesome. As I observe what's going on, it looks to me like Manafort is playing for a pardon as well.  I am sure he and his ostrich jacket are not looking forward to being passed around like a party favor in cellblock D in Petersburg. Trump has bypassed all review and precedent in issuing his pardons, so process or past practice will pose no problem.

Mueller: Princeton, Marine Corps officer, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, and Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry.  UVA School of Law. Private practice, Justice dept. lawyer, FBI director for two presidents. Looked into the Ray rice thing for the NFL.  Has administered settlements for VW, and the Takata airbag thing. One of the few people in public life about whom nobody has EVER had a bad thing to say. This is the guy who the Republicans have NOW decided to attack and besmirch, en masse.  When you don’t have the Facts or the Truth on your side — attack and smear a man’s character.

Dafuq?

Here is the resume of one of the greatest imbeciles of all time. Note the Yale and Harvard degrees and military service.

The gent who told us to "Go Shopping" after the greatest disaster in our country's history

Deeds, not the resume Surly, it's the deeds.   

« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 08:24:52 AM by Golden Oxen »

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1388 on: August 01, 2018, 08:25:47 AM »
Quote from: GO

Point made, and fair enough. I commend you to Mueller's deeds. Where therein do you find evidence for "tainted political crony?" Or that "this whole affair is a political witch hunt" outside the tweets of an obviously guilty criminal, and his political wingman, Hannity?

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 01, 2018, 08:48:05 AM »

Point made, and fair enough. I commend you to Mueller's deeds. Where therein do you find evidence for "tainted political crony?" Or that "this whole affair is a political witch hunt" outside the tweets of an obviously guilty criminal, and his political wingman, Hannity?

I'll stick with Hannity and you Rachael Maddow or whomever Surly.

Would like to leave the discussion, it will only end in a war of words with nothing good coming from it.

We both know each other's views on the topic and they have no chance of changing.

Offering you the last comment on the topic if you wish, will remain silent and move on to more productive topics.   

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1390 on: August 01, 2018, 11:18:43 AM »

I'll stick with Hannity and you Rachael Maddow or whomever Surly.

Would like to leave the discussion, it will only end in a war of words with nothing good coming from it.

We both know each other's views on the topic and they have no chance of changing.

Offering you the last comment on the topic if you wish, will remain silent and move on to more productive topics.

I don't need the last word on this, GO. We understand one another's views. And we've both seen this movie before.
Am finding your discussion on metals with Eddie on a different thread very interesting, since I am as a babe on these matters.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Billionaire Tom Steyer Pours $110 Million into Impeach Trump
« Reply #1391 on: August 01, 2018, 03:56:42 PM »
Investing in the promotion of issues and strategies that too many establishment Democratic leaders have avoided, billionaire hedge fund manager and activist Tom Steyer announced plans this week to pour $110 million into the 2018 midterm elections with the intent of unseating as many Republicans in Congress as possible and weakening President Donald Trump's hold on power.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/07/31/bypassing-democratic-party-billionaire-tom-steyer-pours-110-million-impeach-trump
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Billionaire Tom Steyer Pours $110 Million into Impeach Trump
« Reply #1392 on: August 01, 2018, 04:52:56 PM »
Investing in the promotion of issues and strategies that too many establishment Democratic leaders have avoided, billionaire hedge fund manager and activist Tom Steyer announced plans this week to pour $110 million into the 2018 midterm elections with the intent of unseating as many Republicans in Congress as possible and weakening President Donald Trump's hold on power.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/07/31/bypassing-democratic-party-billionaire-tom-steyer-pours-110-million-impeach-trump

That's the anti-Koch money. (I was hoping maybe there was some.)

In this country no money means no power. Sad, but it's a fact of American electoral politics.

Rich assholes get more dates too, but they end up having to hire shyster lawyers to buy them off later. That's karma. You can't cheat the Law of Karma.

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Billionaire Tom Steyer Pours $110 Million into Impeach Trump
« Reply #1393 on: August 01, 2018, 05:15:17 PM »

That's the anti-Koch money. (I was hoping maybe there was some.)

In this country no money means no power. Sad, but it's a fact of American electoral politics.

Rich assholes get more dates too, but they end up having to hire shyster lawyers to buy them off later. That's karma. You can't cheat the Law of Karma.

Karma also extends to the fact that Trumpsuckers can't get laid in DC.

Turns Out No One in D.C. Wants to Date Trump Staffers - The Cut
https://www.thecut.com/2018/06/trump-staffers-dating.html

Conservatives Are Whining Because No One Wants to Date Them - Vice

Trump staffers are complaining they can't date in DC
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 05:17:48 PM by Surly1 »

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 01, 2018, 06:16:09 PM »
Their money's good with the working girls. It's a match made in heaven.