AuthorTopic: 🤡 Trumpty-Dumpty POTUS Thread  (Read 218880 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Trumpty-Dumpty POTUS Thread
« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2017, 08:33:41 PM »
But it has NEVER been that the Commons have boo'ed a President, never.  Even someone like Corbyn wouldn't actually boo him, he might not turn up, or more likely sit there stoney-faced.

Something is different.  Maybe Rupert Murdoch has told all his British and Australian editors to drum up a "I hate Trump" campaign.

They'va also never told a POTUS he's not welcome to speak either.

His Trumpness is so highly unpopular in Europe that none of the Pols want to be NEAR him.  The only ones who can withstand any association with him are the Royals.  For Trumpty-Dumpty, Photo Ops walking with the Queen makes him look statesman like and Presidential.  However, as we all know, her Queeness doesn't make any policy, she's just a filthy rich figurehead.  Which is what Trumpty-Dumpty is also.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What if Trump is a vehicle for Bannon’s ideological project?
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2017, 06:29:27 AM »
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/what-if-trump-is-a-vehicle-for-bannons-ideological-project/news-story/277b55fd765540222f2beb5449beb2fb

WORLD COMMENTARY
What if Trump is a vehicle for Bannon’s ideological project?

Donald Trump’s fate will not weigh heavily on Steve Bannon.

Jacek Rostowski
    The Australian
    12:00AM February 8, 2017
    Save
        Share on Facebook
        Share on Twitter
        Share on email
        Share more...

In the weeks since Donald Trump’s inauguration as US President, it has become clear that he intends to roll back to the starting block the progressive egalitarian agenda that is commonly associated with political correctness — not just in the US, but globally.

Stephen Bannon, Trump’s White House Svengali and former CEO of the extreme-right Breitbart News, has long pursued this ideological project, and we now know that what he or Trump says must be taken both seriously and literally.

Trump’s transition was initially reassuring, because he nominated many undeniably serious (if also seriously well-heeled) people to his cabinet. But after the inauguration all hell broke loose as Trump and Bannon began to implement their project in earnest.

First, Trump appointed Bannon to the National Security Council’s highest body, the principals committee. Then he nominated Ted Malloch, an obscure business studies professor at the University of Reading, in England, as US ambassador to the EU. Malloch recently expressed a desire to “short the euro”, and predicted that the currency would not survive another 18 months. Trump has also increased the likelihood of a trade war with Mexico, and he has been willing to confront major US corporations over his executive order banning travellers from seven Muslim-majority countries.

The ideological project that Trump and Bannon will seek to carry out could have far-reaching geopolitical and economic implications that should worry not only progressives, but also dyed-in-the-wool conservatives like me. To understand how far they are willing to go, one must understand their ultimate aims.

Most disturbingly, Trump and Bannon’s agenda seems likely to entail policies to weaken, destabilise, or even ultimately dismantle the EU. No motive other than ideology can explain Trump’s open hostility to the bloc, his bizarre ambassadorial appointment, or his question to EU president Donald Tusk: “What country is next to leave?”

In conventional geostrategic terms, the EU is almost a costless extension of US political and military power. Owing to NATO’s significant military superiority, and the EU’s role as a barrier to Russian expansion, the US can avoid becoming entangled in a “hot war” with Russia. Meanwhile, the EU — together with Japan — is a dependable economic and military ally, whose friendship allows the US to speak for the “international community”.

There are no circumstances in which dismantling the Western international order is in America’s national interest — even when perceived through a nationalist lens. A truly “America first” administration would rightly expect its allies to pull their weight in NATO, and to defer to US foreign policies on non-European issues. But it would never gratuitously dismantle an essentially free multiplier of US power, as Trump’s foreign policy threatens to do.

If I am right about Trump and Bannon’s ideological agenda, we can expect them to find a way to support far-right National Front leader Marine Le Pen in the French presidential election this year, and to encourage a “hard Brexit” for Britain (only to leave it in the lurch afterwards). Trump is likely to lift the sanctions the US imposed on Russia after its 2014 annexation of Crimea. After all, Russian President Vladimir Putin and Bannon are ideological twins.

We should not put much stock in any security assurances Secretary of Defence James Mattis may have offered to South Korea and Japan last week. Such promises are worth as little as Trump’s pledge to Polish President Andrzej Duda that “Poland can count on America”.

Americans should be prepared to watch the administration dismiss officials who do not defend its agenda, and disregard court orders that inhibit its actions. We have already seen signs of this when complaints emerged that immigration agents in New York were ignoring a federal judge’s emergency stay on Trump’s travel ban.

The prospects for business are just as sobering. Sooner or later, Trump’s destabilising foreign policy will lead to global economic turbulence, uncertainty, and reduced investment — even barring trade wars. And domestically, his weakening of the rule of law will negate any economic benefits from tax cuts and deregulation.

Implementing this project is undoubtedly a dangerous strategy for Trump. By polarising the US public to such an extent, he and the Republicans could suffer defeat in the 2018 midterm elections or in the 2020 presidential election; and he could even expose himself to the risk of impeachment.

There are two possible explanations for why Trump would take these risks. The first is that divisiveness has worked for him. Politicians tend to stick with what works — until it fails.

The second explanation is that Bannon is calling the political shots, and is more interested in building a permanent populist “movement” than he is in getting Trump re-elected. If Bannon wants to transform the US political landscape, an impeached or defeated Trump could become an ideal martyr for his movement.

That may not bode well for Trump himself, but, in this scenario, Trump’s fate will not weigh heavily on Bannon, who has set his sights on achieving goals that will leave the US and the world very different from how he and his putative boss found them.

Jack Rostowski was Poland’s finance minister and deputy prime minister from 2007 to 2013.
Save As Many As You Can

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2017, 03:13:33 PM »
Who the fuck is Steve Bannon?

I've never heard that name before. 

Is there a reason why he matters? 

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2017, 03:18:57 PM »

Head of Breitbart Newz, complete rightie wingnut.  Google him.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #259 on: February 07, 2017, 03:26:40 PM »

RE

Google him?  Why?  Tell me why I should give a shit about him is all I'm saying. 

Cause I don't. 

What, he's another Corporatocracy Agent in charge?  And?  There are plenty of those guys. 

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 07, 2017, 03:39:17 PM »

RE

Google him?  Why?  Tell me why I should give a shit about him is all I'm saying.

You're the one who asked who he was.  If you didn't give a shit, why did you ask the question? ???  :icon_scratch:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #261 on: February 07, 2017, 03:40:50 PM »

RE

You're the one who asked who he was.  If you didn't give a shit, why did you ask the question? ???  :icon_scratch:

RE

For the sake of conversation I guess.

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #262 on: February 07, 2017, 03:46:56 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bannon

Stephen Kevin "Steve" Bannon (born November 27, 1953) is an American political activist and businessman who is currently serving as the Assistant to the President and Chief Strategist in the Donald Trump administration. In this capacity, since January 28, 2017, he has been a regular attendee to the Principals Committee of the National Security Council.[1]

Prior to assuming the White House position, Bannon was the chief executive officer of Trump's 2016 presidential campaign.[2][3]

Before his political career, Bannon served as executive chair of Breitbart News, a far-right[Breitbart Called Far Right 1] news, opinion, and commentary website[13][14] which Bannon described in 2016 as "the platform for the alt-right".[Breitbart Associated With Alt Right 1] Bannon took leave of absence from Breitbart in order to work for the campaign.[22][23] After the election, he announced that he would resign from Breitbart.[22]

So Trumps right hand man is a fucking Nazi?

Isn't that what the alt-right is?  The new neo-nazi's without skin heads or Nazi paraphernalia all dressed up business like and what not.   

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 07, 2017, 03:50:27 PM »
Steve Bannon is one of the leading Pig Men in the New In Your Fucking Face Fascism in 'Merkah.  He's part of the neo-fascist Pig Parade which is "led" by mentally ill billionaires and millionaires.  He's part of the cancerous growth spewing sewer juice at the heart of Washington DC, which is the headquarters of the Billionaires and millionaires who seek to destroy any semblance of democracy or freedom for the sake of their billionaire buddies.

They are the festering wound at the heart of America's current festering wound.

They are the enemy of the people of the Earth. 
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 07, 2017, 03:56:28 PM »
The White House smells like a swamp.  A fetid, fly-strewn swamp of barf and diarrhea -- sulfurous and nauseating. 

A wall needs to be built around the White House in order to contain this mess. 
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #265 on: February 07, 2017, 03:58:09 PM »
Steve Bannon is one of the leading Pig Men in the New In Your Fucking Face Fascism in 'Merkah.  He's part of the neo-fascist Pig Parade which is "led" by mentally ill billionaires and millionaires.  He's part of the cancerous growth spewing sewer juice at the heart of Washington DC, which is the headquarters of the Billionaires and millionaires who seek to destroy any semblance of democracy or freedom for the sake of their billionaire buddies.

They are the festering wound at the heart of America's current festering wound.

They are the enemy of the people of the Earth.

And Nazi's to boot it seems.  Great.  Thanks for the introduction JRM  :)

I have a feeling that it's going to get violent in Merika soon.  I like 'Merkah though, I might adopt that spelling. 

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #266 on: February 07, 2017, 04:00:27 PM »
The White House smells like a swamp.  A fetid, fly-strewn swamp of barf and diarrhea -- sulfurous and nauseating. 

A wall needs to be built around the White House in order to contain this mess.

No shit...fucking Nazi's...I can't believe we literally have Nazi's in the White House now.  Have I died, and I'm living the last 6 minutes of consciousness, and this is some shit my twisted mind made up?  I mean this is reality now?  Nazi's in the White House. 

Holy shit...let me take that in for a bit. 

Online Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 07, 2017, 04:47:56 PM »

Until recently, he was sort of the Michael Moore of the Right, known for making videos that pushed the anti-abortion, anti-immigrant, anti-climate change, anti-evolution agenda of the religious right. He was also an investment banker who once worked for Goldman Sachs. He made some big money  in Hollywood, by buying the rights to Seinfeld re-runs.

That freed him up so he could turn his attention to public policy. He has support from some rich "libertarian" guys like Robert Mercer, who think we should repeal every government regulation on business there is, maybe reinstitute child labor so we can make America great again.

He matters because he's Trump's idea man. He also had a lot to do with telling Trump what to say to appeal to the angry people who ended up voting him in. He's smart...but unfortunately he has an agenda, one aimed at making a lot of changes, many of which are poorly considered.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #268 on: February 07, 2017, 04:55:37 PM »

Until recently, he was sort of the Michael Moore of the Right, known for making videos that pushed the anti-abortion, anti-immigrant, anti-climate change, anti-evolution agenda of the religious right. He was also an investment banker who once worked for Goldman Sachs. He made some big money  in Hollywood, by buying the rights to Seinfeld re-runs.

That freed him up so he could turn his attention to public policy. He has support from some rich "libertarian" guys like Robert Mercer, who think we should repeal every government regulation on business there is, maybe reinstitute child labor so we can make America great again.

He matters because he's Trump's idea man. He also had a lot to do with telling Trump what to say to appeal to the angry people who ended up voting him in. He's smart...but unfortunately he has an agenda, one aimed at making a lot of changes, many of which are poorly considered.

Sounds like he's Trumps Carl Rove.  My understanding is that Carl Rove was the brains of the Dubyah operation. 

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 07, 2017, 04:57:08 PM »
"Poorly considered" (Eddie)

That's a kind way of saying "really fucking stupid".