AuthorTopic: Trumpty-Dumpty POTUS Thread  (Read 110566 times)

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Trumpty-Dumpty POTUS Thread
« Reply #1245 on: April 13, 2018, 06:13:33 AM »
The drive time radio jocks here yesterday (not Trump supporters, but not liberal either) were going on about how people with an inside view used to keep quiet about whatever foibles the current POTUS  was displaying behind the curtain, and that writing a tell-all book wasn't something a fired FBI director should be doing.  Made me laugh out loud. If anybody ever had it coming more than The Donald, I'm not sure who it'd be. He took his best shot at Comey, and I'm not surprised Comey is trying to hang him out to dry. I wonder if anything will stick.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: April 13, 2018, 06:16:42 AM »
I never quite got why Comey thrust himself front and center into the last part of the 2016 campaign. I guess his assertion in the book that he felt sure Hillary had it in the bag sort of makes it easier to understand. That was a mistake Comey made, and he obviously knows it and probably will regret it for  the rest of his life.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1247 on: April 13, 2018, 06:30:48 AM »
The drive time radio jocks here yesterday (not Trump supporters, but not liberal either) were going on about how people with an inside view used to keep quiet about whatever foibles the current POTUS  was displaying behind the curtain, and that writing a tell-all book wasn't something a fired FBI director should be doing.  Made me laugh out loud. If anybody ever had it coming more than The Donald, I'm not sure who it'd be. He took his best shot at Comey, and I'm not surprised Comey is trying to hang him out to dry. I wonder if anything will stick.

“Stick” is the word. Denizens of the Fox news axis are getting  an entirely different view of the situation, that  Mueller is a criminal mob boss along the lines of a mafia king pin. Demonstrating that fully 35% of the American electorate are infinitely reprogrammable meat bags with no access to facts. You have people living in two different worlds were reality doesn’t intersect, that’s gonna be a problem.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: April 13, 2018, 06:51:22 AM »

“Stick” is the word. Denizens of the Fox news axis are getting  an entirely different view of the situation, that  Mueller is a criminal mob boss along the lines of a mafia king pin. Demonstrating that fully 35% of the American electorate are infinitely reprogrammable meat bags with no access to facts. You have people living in two different worlds were reality doesn’t intersect, that’s gonna be a problem.

So your prediction then is no "Blue Wave" in November?  Fox will rule over the Sheeple?

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: April 13, 2018, 07:00:07 AM »
I have one big prediction right now. All the Republicans who are throwing in the towel will be replaced in the line-up by people who are even MORE Koch-alicious and hard core Christian conservative Know-Nothing. It's in the cards. Lots of that kind of talent in the state legislature bullpens, just waiting for their chance to move up to the Majors.

I expect the Republicans will lose a few seats. I don't see any kind of real sea change. The Democrats are not regaining their base. At most they'll get out more of the college educated demographic that drinks the liberal kool-aid, with all its diversity/affirmative action/melting-pot bullshit. The successfully indoctrinated.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: April 13, 2018, 07:06:21 AM »
I have one big prediction right now. All the Republicans who are throwing in the towel will be replaced in the line-up by people who are even MORE Koch-alicious and hard core Christian conservative Know-Nothing. It's in the cards. Lots of that kind of talent in the state legislature bullpens, just waiting for their chance to move up to the Majors.

I expect the Republicans will lose a few seats. I don't see any kind of real sea change. The Democrats are not regaining their base. At most they'll get out more of the college educated demographic that drinks the liberal kool-aid, with all its diversity/affirmative action/melting-pot bullshit. The successfully indoctrinated.

I am not as cock-sure as you and Surly on this.  I'll wait for more of the new nominees, newz spin during the campaign and the polling.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #1251 on: April 13, 2018, 09:24:14 AM »

So your prediction then is no "Blue Wave" in November?  Fox will rule over the Sheeple?

RE

Not what I said at all. The size of the so-called "blue wave" will depend on drooler turnout. The big donor money will dump. a fortune to protect their stolen boodle. You are already seeing the manufactured rage machine at work atFox. By October it will be HRC and Nancy Pelosi drinking the blood of aborted infants during a Black Mass celebrated by Robert Mueller. Anything to stoke the rage of their stupid-ass reprogrammable meatbots and raise their blood pressure to stroke levels.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: April 13, 2018, 09:29:49 AM »

RE

Not what I said at all. The size of the so-called "blue wave" will depend on drooler turnout. The big donor money will dump. a fortune to protect their stolen boodle. You are already seeing the manufactured rage machine at work atFox. By October it will be HRC and Nancy Pelosi drinking the blood of aborted infants during a Black Mass celebrated by Robert Mueller. Anything to stoke the rage of their stupid-ass reprogrammable meatbots and raise their blood pressure to stroke levels.

Well, I have no doubt you are correct WRT what Faux Newz will pitch out, but the question is whether this will be sufficient to turn back the "Blue Wave". ???  :icon_scratch:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
📺 SNL hits Michael Cohen
« Reply #1253 on: April 15, 2018, 03:49:48 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kXIF2FQpgjM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kXIF2FQpgjM</a>
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Actually, he's morally unfit to be a Homo Sap.

RE

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/comey-says-trump-morally-unfit-to-be-president-possibly-susceptible-to-russian-blackmail/2018/04/15/eabd4b7e-3ffa-11e8-a7d1-e4efec6389f0_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.66ee904043fb

National Security
Comey says Trump ‘morally unfit to be president,’ possibly susceptible to Russian blackmail

Former FBI director James B. Comey said in his first televised interview since being fired that he believed Donald Trump was “morally unfit to be president,” and it was “possible” that the Russians had material which could be used to blackmail him. (Carolyn Kaster/AP)

By Matt Zapotosky and Devlin Barrett April 15 at 11:36 PM Email the author

Former FBI director James B. Comey said in his first televised interview since being fired that he believed Donald Trump was “morally unfit to be president” and that it was “possible” that the Russians had material that could be used to blackmail him.

In a wide-ranging conversation with George Stephanopoulos broadcast on ABC late Sunday, Comey took aim at Trump in no uncertain terms, comparing his administration to a mafia family, likening his presidency to a forest fire and asserting there was evidence that he had committed a crime.

He said that he would not favor impeaching Trump to remove him from office, because that “would let the American people off the hook and have something happen indirectly that I believe they’re duty-bound to do directly” — meaning through elections. But he made clear his view of whether Trump was fit to hold the position.

“This president does not reflect the values of this country,” Comey said.

The interview airs just days before Comey is set to release a new book and embark on a media tour to promote it. Much of what Comey said to Stephanopoulos mirrors what he wrote, although his televised, extemporaneous comments are sure to attract the attention of the president, who is an avid TV viewer.

[In his new book, James Comey calls for ‘ethical leadership.’ But does he live up to it?]

On Sunday morning, Trump tweeted criticism of Comey, denying some of Comey’s allegations and alleging that Comey revealed classified information and lied to Congress.

“Slippery James Comey, a man who always ends up badly and out of whack (he is not smart!), will go down as the WORST FBI Director in history, by far!” Trump wrote.

Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel wrote on Twitter after the interview aired that Comey “has no credibility” and that Trump was right to fire him.

“Comey’s PR tour reaffirms that his true higher loyalty is to himself,” she wrote. “The only thing worse than his history of misconduct is his willingness to say anything to sell books.”

The Washington Post was allowed to review a complete transcript of the Comey interview, which lasted nearly five hours.

As he did in his book, Comey detailed in the interview Trump’s fixation on unproven allegations that he watched prostitutes urinate on one another in a Moscow hotel in 2013, asserting that Trump at one point said he was contemplating ordering Comey to investigate and disprove the incident because he did not want “even a 1 percent chance” that his wife, first lady Melania Trump, would believe it happened.

Comey said that struck him as odd. “I remember thinking, ‘How could your wife think there’s a 1 percent chance you were with prostitutes peeing on each other in Moscow?’ ” he said, adding that his assessment was it’s possible Trump is guilty of the accusation.

“I honestly never thought these words would come out of my mouth, but I don’t know whether the current president of the United States was with prostitutes peeing on each other in Moscow in 2013,” Comey said. “It’s possible, but I don’t know.”

Comey said it was possible, too, that the Russians might have material that could be used to blackmail Trump.

“Do you think the Russians have something on Donald Trump?” Stephanopoulos asked.

“I think it’s possible. I don’t know. These are more words I never thought I’d utter about a president of the United States, but it’s possible,” Comey responded.

Comey described in great detail several conversations he had with Trump, telling Stephano­poulos of how the president asked for his loyalty and how that interaction and others reminded him of his time as a prosecutor in New York pursuing mob families, for whom loyalty to the boss and the organization were the only values that mattered.

“It’s the family, the family, the family, the family,” Comey said.

Trump has denied asking for Comey’s loyalty.

Comey offered a blunt assessment of a conversation with Trump on Feb. 14, 2017, during which Comey maintains the president said of an investigation the FBI was conducting into former national security adviser Michael Flynn, “I hope you can let it go.” Trump disputes Comey’s account.

“With that direction, was President Trump obstructing justice?” Stephanopoulos asked.

“Possibly,” Comey responded. “I mean, it’s certainly some evidence of obstruction of justice. That something really important just happened and that I was a little — another one of those ­outta-body experiences, like, ‘Really? The president just kicked out the attorney general to ask me to drop a criminal investigation.’ Wow, the world continues to go crazy.”

Comey even took aim at Trump’s personal appearance, remarking how his “tie was too long, as it always is” and that his face “looked slightly orange up close with small white half-moons under his eyes, which I assume are from tanning goggles.”

The former FBI boss acknowledged he had grave misgivings about the Trump presidency even before it began.

In a meeting with President Barack Obama in the last days of his administration, Comey says he told the president: “I dread the next four years. But in many ways, I feel great pressure to stay to try and protect the institution I lead.”

While Trump bore the brunt of his criticism, Comey also took aim at others — including Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein, whom Trump has been contemplating removing from his post.

Comey said Rosenstein had “acted dishonorably” in writing a memo lambasting Comey’s handling of the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of state. Trump cited the memo in firing Comey, and Comey said he came to believe Rosenstein was “part of the family now. I can’t trust him.”

He later said, though, that he did not believe Rosenstein would fire special counsel Robert S. Mueller III if ordered by Trump to do so, and that Rosenstein “has an opportunity in overseeing Bob Mueller to restore some of his professional reputation.”

As he has in the past, Comey offered a vigorous defense of his handling of the Clinton email investigation.

Parts of the interview are likely to revive the fury of Clinton supporters who think he cost her the presidency by reopening the email investigation less than two weeks before the election.

When Stephanopoulos asked him if the decision was “influenced by your assumption that Hillary Clinton was going to win,” Comey replied: “It must have been. I don’t remember consciously thinking about that, but it must have been. ’Cause I was operating in a world where Hillary Clinton was going to beat Donald Trump.”

He also said he was sorry for how he handled the first announcement in July 2016 that he was closing the Clinton email probe without seeking any charges. He says he agrees now with the criticism that his remarks muddied important issues.

“I’m sorry that I caused all kinds of confusion and pain with the way I described her conduct that led people into all kinds of side roads,” Comey said.

He also spoke at length about his complicated relationship with former attorney general Loretta E. Lynch. Previously, Comey’s defenders have argued that a Russian intelligence document the FBI received in early 2016 suggesting Lynch would protect Clinton in some fashion from the email probe meant that he had to cut her out of the final decision-making process.

But The Washington Post has reported that many FBI officials viewed the allegation against Lynch as dubious at best — and possibly one of Russia’s very first disinformation efforts during the 2016 campaign.

Comey said he didn’t believe the allegation, but feared that if it ever came out, it would destroy the credibility of the Justice Department and the FBI.

“There was material that I knew someday, when it’s declassified, and I thought that would be decades in the future, would cause historians to wonder, ‘Hmm, was there some strange business goin’ on there? Was Loretta Lynch somehow carrying water for the campaign and controlling what the FBI did?’ ”

So partly for that reason, he said, he decided to announce on his own his recommendation that no charges be filed in the Clinton case.

Throughout the interview, Comey stressed the importance of telling the truth, a theme in his book. He described being initially reluctant to prosecute Martha Stewart for lying to investigators, but then recalled a case when he was a federal prosecutor in Richmond and had charged a minister with the same thing.

“And there once was a day when people were afraid of goin’ to hell if they took an oath in the name of God and violated it. We’ve drifted away from that day. And so in its place has to be a fear that if you lie and the government can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, they will prosecute you in order to send a message to all the others who might be called upon to give evidence,” Comey said. “We must prosecute people who lie in the middle of an investigation.”

[Inspector general report faults Andrew McCabe for unauthorized disclosure of information, misleading investigators]

Checkpoint newsletter

Military, defense and security at home and abroad.

The comments come a day after the Justice Department inspector general released a report accusing Andrew McCabe, Comey’s former deputy, of lying repeatedly as they investigated a media disclosure he had authorized. The inspector general says McCabe even lied to Comey, although McCabe disputes Comey’s account.

After he was fired, Comey said, Trump issued an order that he was not to be allowed back in the FBI building, even to retrieve his belongings. His firing came as Comey was visiting the FBI office in Los Angeles, and for a brief moment it wasn’t even clear if he would be allowed to ride on the government plane back to Washington.

When he did get on the plane, he said, “I drank red wine from a paper cup and just looked out at the lights of the country I love so much as we flew home.”
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
⚖️ Another Michael Cohen Client: Sean Hannity
« Reply #1255 on: April 16, 2018, 04:23:10 PM »
hahahahahahahaha!  :icon_mrgreen:  What a farce.  ::)

RE

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/16/602952292/trump-attorney-michael-cohens-secret-3rd-client-fox-news-host-sean-hannity

Trump Attorney Michael Cohen's Secret 3rd Client: Fox News Host Sean Hannity

April 16, 20185:07 PM ET
Heard on All Things Considered
Miles Parks

Michael Cohen, President Trump's personal attorney, arrives at federal court on Monday in New York.
Mary Altaffer/AP

Updated at 5:54 p.m. EDT

Donald Trump's longtime attorney Michael Cohen also has been representing Fox News host Sean Hannity, it emerged in federal court on Monday.

Federal judge Kimba Wood ordered an attorney for Cohen to reveal the identity of a client that Cohen's team had withheld in earlier court documents as part of a dispute over evidence seized by the FBI from Cohen's home and office earlier this month.
Cohen, Trump Push To Decide What's Protected By Attorney-Client Privilege
Law
Cohen, Trump Push To Decide What's Protected By Attorney-Client Privilege

Cohen and Trump wanted Wood either to permit them to review the material before prosecutors got to see it or to appoint an independent "special master."

The judge said she could not decide about how seriously to treat Cohen's and Trump's claims about attorney-client privilege unless she knew what clients Cohen has been representing.

So an attorney for Cohen — who had asked whether he could submit the name to the judge in a sealed envelope, or to the "special master" — had no choice but to reveal it in open court.
Does FBI Raid On Trump Lawyer Cohen Mean Attorney-Client Privilege Is 'Dead'?
Law
Does FBI Raid On Trump Lawyer Cohen Mean Attorney-Client Privilege Is 'Dead'?

Cohen's attorney had previously identified two other clients: Trump and Republican fundraiser Elliott Broidy. Those men are involved in cases in which Cohen allegedly arranged payments to women to keep them quiet about alleged sexual encounters.

Cohen has acknowledged paying pornographic actress Stormy Daniels $130,000 shortly before the 2016 election for what her lawyer said was silence about her alleged liaison with Trump in 2006. Cohen also reportedly arranged a deal for Broidy in which model Shera Bechard was paid $1.6 million when she became pregnant after an affair.

Adult film actress Stephanie Clifford, also known as Stormy Daniels, arrives for the court hearing in New York on Monday.
Hector Retamal/AFP/Getty Images

Trump denies any sexual relationship with Daniels. Broidy acknowledged the affair with Bechard and apologized to his family.

There was no indication as to whether Hannity might have been involved in such an arrangement. He issued a statement on Monday afternoon that said his discussions with Cohen had never involved anyone else.

"Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter," Hannity said. "I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees. I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective. I assumed those conversations were confidential, but to be absolutely clear they never involved any matter between me and a third party."

Hannity said separately on Twitter that his discussions with Cohen "dealt almost exclusively about real estate."

Hannity has been a champion of Trump's and Cohen's on his show and a critic of the FBI and Justice Department; former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said on Hannity's show last week that the FBI raid on Cohen was like the abuses of the "Gestapo."

After a long hearing on Monday, Wood said she had concluded the hearing without deciding whether to appoint the "special master" sought by Cohen or to permit the Justice Department's "filter team" to continue its work.

While federal investigators will retain possession of what was seized, they still cannot look at the substance yet even as they are cataloging the amount of papers, electronic files and other materials.
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: April 16, 2018, 07:08:52 PM »
They're all......(drumroll).....CRONIES.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: April 16, 2018, 08:38:54 PM »
They're all......(drumroll).....CRONIES.

I never would have guessed.   I think though they prefer to be referred to as "cohorts".

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
'Hannity Insanity': Late-night hosts revel in Sean Hannity-Michael Cohen news
« Reply #1258 on: April 17, 2018, 03:31:34 AM »
This is like Doomer Christmas!  :icon_mrgreen:

RE

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/04/17/hannity-insanity-late-night-hosts-revel-in-sean-hannity-michael-cohen-news/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KRzkMujxXEk?ecver=2" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KRzkMujxXEk?ecver=2</a>

by Samantha Schmidt April 17 at 4:11 AM Email the author

When it’s all of a sudden Hannity Day. pic.twitter.com/QAzvFJuxz3
    — The Daily Show (@TheDailyShow) April 17, 2018

It was as if the comedy gods were looking down on America’s late-night television hosts.

In court on Monday, the legal team for President Trump’s personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, was forced to identify the name of a third Cohen’s client — a mystery person whom he initially didn’t want to name. The person, it turned out, was none other than the foil and foe of several late night-comedians: Fox News commentator Sean Hannity.

And TV comics such as Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel and Trevor Noah could not contain their excitement.

Morning Mix newsletter

Stories that will be the talk of the morning.

Here was a person they loved to criticize, a close informal adviser to Trump and firebrand conservative pundit who has lambasted special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation of Russian involvement in the 2016 presidential campaign. Hannity also has criticized the raid on Cohen’s office and home, never saying anything to his viewers about a personal, legal or business relationship with Cohen.

(Hannity denied the claim that Cohen represented him, saying he only had brief discussions with him about legal questions.).
1:45
Sean Hannity revealed as Cohen's mystery third legal client

Lawyers for President Trump's personal attorney, Michael Cohen, revealed in court on April 16 that the Fox News host Sean Hannity is one of his legal clients. (Reuters)

The news broke at about 3 p.m. Monday, giving late-night comedians just enough time to squeeze in some giddy one-liners in honor of “Hannity Day,” as Trevor Noah dubbed it. Stephen Colbert went with a different banner: “Hannity Insanity.”

“The Daily Show With Trevor Noah” (Comedy Central)

With Hannity’s photo on the screen, Noah put his hands together as if in prayer, looking up to the sky while mouthing the words “thank you.”

“Yeah, it turns out Michael Cohen’s secret client was Sean Hannity, which I’m sorry, is not a good look,” Noah said with a chuckle. “You know right now Sean Hannity is probably on the phone with his wife like, ‘Hey honey, it’s so weird how I use the guy who pays off mistresses to get me out of that parking ticket.’”

Cohen has said he paid adult-film star Stormy Daniels $130,000 in late 2016 in exchange for her agreement not to discuss an alleged sexual encounter with Trump. And last week, news broke that Cohen also helped former Republican National Committee deputy finance chairman Elliot Broidy negotiate a $1.6 million settlement with a former Playboy model whom he impregnated during an affair.

Noah urged his audiences to consider “just how unethical” it is that Hannity continuously reported on the FBI raid without mentioning his own legal dealings with Cohen.

“Which, even for Sean Hannity is pretty shady,” Noah said. “Even Instagram models have higher ethical standards. They’ll be like ‘drink tummy tea, by the way, I’m sponsored by tummy tea.’”

The host played various clips during which Hannity discussed the FBI raids on Cohen’s office and residences, which he called an “unprecedented abuse of power.” In another clip, Hannity says: “If you voted for Donald Trump you better get buckled up because this is gonna be a rough ride.”

“Now, we can see that Hannity wasn’t just mad, he was scared,” Noah said. “You know, now that we know he was working with Cohen, that looks less like a news show and more like a guy really stressed, giving himself a pep talk.”

TONIGHT: A new name popped up in the case of the man who paid off Stormy Daniels. Turns out Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen also worked for a familiar face from cable news! #LSSC pic.twitter.com/KhK5cE3mEB
    — The Late Show (@colbertlateshow) April 17, 2018

“Late Show With Stephen Colbert” (CBS)

Colbert described Cohen as a “New York attorney and sad neck with hair,” and referred to his client Broidy as “Donald Trump flattened out by a rolling pin.” When explaining that two different Playboy playmates were involved in the legal showdown, Colbert said, “I’m just glad Hef isn’t alive to see his life’s work dragged through the filth like this,” in reference to Playboy’s late founder, Hugh Hefner.

“Pro tip for the president,” Colbert also offered, “when your lawyer needs a lawyer, you need a lawyer.”

After he played a CNN clip revealing Hannity’s name as Cohen’s mysterious third client, Colbert suddenly disappeared from the camera frame. He reappeared slouching in an armchair, drinking a glass of red wine, rubbing his stomach, seemingly experiencing pure bliss.

“Jon Stewart, after the show, I’m gonna come over and we’re just going to spoon, just spoon,” Colbert said. “This is crazy.”

He was referencing his good friend and former colleague from the “The Daily Show,” who was known for his attacks on Fox News and his various feuds with Hannity. Stewart once called Hannity the “most loathsome dude” at Fox News.

“Cohen only has two other clients and all he does for them is pay off mistresses,” Colbert also said, “which raises the obvious question, who did Sean Hannity have sex with?”

Ahead of Colbert’s interview with James B. Comey, the comedian also spoofed ABC’s melodramatic teaser for its highly anticipated  interview with the former FBI director, which aired Sunday.

“Are you going to answer any of these questions? Because right now you’re just making faces,” Colbert said in the exaggerated video, poking fun at the ABC trailer.

“Mr. Comey, I’m pregnant,” Colbert quipped. “And it’s not your baby. It’s Sean Hannity’s.”

“Jimmy Kimmel Live” (ABC)

Earlier this month, Kimmel and Hannity were embroiled in a feud that played out both on their respective shows and on social media. After Kimmel joked on his show about first lady Melania Trump’s accent, Hannity called Kimmel a “despicable disgrace.” They exchanged insults on Twitter, with Hannity calling Kimmel a racist, pervert and “Harvey Weinstein jr.” and Kimmel making a gay sexual innuendo in reference to Hannity’s apparent love for President Trump.

After days of back-and-forth fighting, Kimmel apologized for the sex joke and tried to end the feud, saying the “level of vitriol” from both “is harmful to our country.”

But that didn’t stop Kimmel from reveling in the news Monday of Hannity’s relationship with Cohen.

“Shockingly,” Kimmel said, Cohen’s mystery third client “turned out to be my pal Sean Hannity.”

“Isn’t that interesting, that he would need advice from Michael Cohen,” Kimmel said.

Kimmel also criticized Hannity’s response to the news, in which he said Cohen has “never represented” him.

“I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees. I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective,” Hannity wrote on Twitter. “I assumed those conversations were confidential, but to be absolutely clear they never involved any matter between me and a third-party.”

“Apparently he works for free,” Kimmel said of Cohen, adding: “What kind of legal advice doesn’t involve a third party, unless maybe Sean Hannity was thinking about suing himself?”

“If this is the biggest witch hunt in history, we’re running out of spots on the broomstick,” Kimmel also said, playing off a “witch hunt” phrase used by both Trump and Hannity to describe the Mueller investigation.

Perhaps it was not a late-night comedian, but instead, a CNN host who best captured the mood of the day.

“The judge forced Michael Cohen to admit in court that he has a third client and the third client is Sean Hannity,” Jake Tapper said during his show Monday. “Go home 2018. You’re drunk.”
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
This is like Doomer Christmas!  :icon_mrgreen:

RE

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/04/17/hannity-insanity-late-night-hosts-revel-in-sean-hannity-michael-cohen-news/

It was as if the comedy gods were looking down on America’s late-night television hosts.

You realize, you couldn't sell this plot twist on a comedy sitcom. No one would believe it.

In a related story, Andy Borowitz now writing news headlines, and The Onion is having a going-out-of-business sale.