AuthorTopic: Brain Fart Politics  (Read 7692 times)

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Brain Fart Politics
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2016, 04:00:15 PM »
.... He is two steps ahead of millions of people like JRM who either feed him all their energy or fall for the con.

Dude! What have you been smoking?

Obviously some pretty good shit!

http://414z9l2qlwt227segw3zfml7.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/29/2014/08/Brain-Octane-960ml.jpg
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2016, 04:15:28 PM »

Maybe Trump can get the military to give us the alien technology from UFO's. We could really use it about right now.

Torroidal spun red mercury, with a splash of unobtanium, that oughta' light some shit up  :icon_sunny:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2016, 05:01:56 PM »
.... He is two steps ahead of millions of people like JRM who either feed him all their energy or fall for the con.

Dude! What have you been smoking?

Try this instead please. Edward and I are shareholders.  ;D Excellent brain food. :emthup: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_sunny:
Obviously some pretty good shit!

Offline Palloy

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • https://palloy.wordpress.com
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2016, 06:20:25 PM »
I think you are all obsessing too much over how powerful The President is.  In reality most of the things he wants to decide can only be decided by Congress.  Even his own party is split over him and all sorts of things. 

Trump will want to reset relations with Putin, but to do that he will have to overcome the NeoCons, who have driven the situation to the brink of WW3.  Will they meekly back down and pass Trump's bill to terminate Russian sanctions?  I doubt it.  Maybe the CIA will instigate some black flag event to which Putin responds, and suddenly Trump will say Putin has reneged on his friendly deal and call everything off.  Tweet: I won't be jerked around by anybody.

Trump is also spoiling for a fight with China.  Will he get support from Congress? - undoubtedly.  He says the Iran deal is "the worst ever".  Will he get support from Congress to wind that back? - probably.  He wants a strong military - yes.  He wants to spend less on bases abroad and NATO - no.  He wants to crush ISIS, allow more torture, more Law and Order at home, ...

And so on.

It could go like t
The State is a body of armed men

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2016, 06:39:58 PM »
I think you are all obsessing too much over how powerful The President is.  In reality most of the things he wants to decide can only be decided by Congress.  Even his own party is split over him and all sorts of things. 

Trump will want to reset relations with Putin, but to do that he will have to overcome the NeoCons, who have driven the situation to the brink of WW3.  Will they meekly back down and pass Trump's bill to terminate Russian sanctions?  I doubt it.  Maybe the CIA will instigate some black flag event to which Putin responds, and suddenly Trump will say Putin has reneged on his friendly deal and call everything off.  Tweet: I won't be jerked around by anybody.

Trump is also spoiling for a fight with China.  Will he get support from Congress? - undoubtedly.  He says the Iran deal is "the worst ever".  Will he get support from Congress to wind that back? - probably.  He wants a strong military - yes.  He wants to spend less on bases abroad and NATO - no.  He wants to crush ISIS, allow more torture, more Law and Order at home, ...

And so on.

It could go like t

Agree technically, but in actuality the President has become more powerful it seems with the passage of time.

I feel it's because of a do nothing corrupt congress whose members after being elected sit back, have a grand time on our dime, and accept bribes from lobbyists which is their work day.

They do have the authority to raise hell and reverse the trend at anytime however. Controlling the purse strings makes them the boss if they wish to be.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2016, 07:03:18 PM »
By no means do I think we began sliding downhill with Raygunz, nor do I believe he was the most corrupt POTUS of my lifetime.  I think that dubious honor still goes to Tricky Dick Nixon.  LBJ of course prosecuted the Vietnam War, and we've been over ad infinitum the corruption of the Bushies, the Clintons and Obama-sama.  About the only reasonably decent guys in the office since I was born were JFK and the Peanut farmer.

Can Trumpty-Dumpty outclass Tricky Dick?  Certainly looks possible given his cabinet picks.

However, as PY points out the POTUS can't do anything  without support from CONgress and the Deep State.   He also can't do stuff which on a practical level is impossible, like deport all Muslims or stop illegal immigration from Central and South America.  The Ag Bizness here in the FSoA depends on the cheap labor and so does the hotel bizness and the restaurant bizness.

Will he get us in a fight with the Chinese or Ruskies?  Probably, but that would occur with just about anyone in the White House, because basically it's a resource war for hegemony over what is still left sprinkled around the world.  It's also a war over who controls a failing monetary system.  The main question is whether it goes nuclear or remains a series of proxy wars, financial warfare and cyber warfare.

What occurs here is also only a small part of the Big Picture on the planet.  Europe is going down the toilet faster than the FSoA, and likely will continue to do that no matter how bad His Trumpness is.  All of Africa and South America, also in far worse shape and sliding downhill fast.  China's debt bubble could burst anytime and Vlad the Impaler has plenty of internal difficulties too.

Since nobody will address the real underlying problems of resource depletion and population overshoot, every leader SUCKS.  Their policies always focus on Growth, when growth simply isn't going to happen.  So they're in conflict with each other looking to grab a bigger share of a shrinking pie.

I think far too much attention is being paid to The Donald.  Things won't be that much different than they were under any of the corrupt leaders we have had for the last half century.  It's just more slide into the World of Collapse.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2016, 07:21:11 PM »
I think far too much attention is being paid to The Donald.  Things won't be that much different than they were under any of the corrupt leaders we have had for the last half century.  It's just more slide into the World of Collapse.

RE

Reasonable and tend to agree with much of the posting.

My feeling also is that the role of the US influence is diminishing rapidly in world events and policy decisions, making this fixation on the US President as some sort of ruler of the entire world meme nonsense.

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2016, 07:39:06 PM »
True,  but a wounded animal us a dangerous one.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME