AuthorTopic: Put that in your pipe and smoke it.  (Read 5174 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 10:06:27 PM »
I'm not happy to predict that Trump does not have what it takes to be president.

This was an extremely predictable event, and many Diners predicted it.  It should be no surprise.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 05:46:59 AM »
I'm not happy to predict that Trump does not have what it takes to be president.  If the easement is issued and Trump's ego will force it to be, then open war with an activist America results.  Remembering 'by any means necessary' progressive America will have a collective Malcolm X moment. Trumps narcissism and total disregard for the American people and his recognition of only a racist elite will cause blood to spill.  This racism cannot be tolerated.  An environmental impact was not conducted.  The pipelined company needs to be stopped by any means, and if Trump supports them he becomes an enemy that we cannot abide.  If that easement happens Trump as president is not going to work.

what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure.

Think of these words.  Jefferson is saying that leaders cannot be allowed to live in their own reality and it is incumbent on the people from time to time tor remind their leaders what is real and what is not.  Left to their own devices they detach and become a danger to us all.  Alternative facts cannot be allowed.

We may need a general strike and everybody will have to boycott all of Trump's properties.  We will have to make sure his employees are given food and helped with rent while they are out of work.  A re-establishment of American fraternity will not happen overnight but it must and will as necessity makes it so.  If that easement is issued contrary to the EIS time-line we have a child playing with dangerous toys who must be stopped.

Put the pipe under the N.D. State Capital.  Bismark is not very big and the same drilling that it would take to clear Lake Oahe will get it all the way under Bismark.  In under one vacant field and up and out in another vacant field on the other side.  The pipeline company will have to pay all added expenses.  They gambled, dodged paperwork, and in the words of a fellow Texan, "What were you thinking?"  Now they must lose, for their stupidity of not knowing about the Sioux and American history.  May they be kept away from sharp objects.

There may be a last stand, but this isn't it. Not yet. We will see more protests, but I think this may just be the beginning of a long road. No general strike. Not for a few years yet. Just  my guess.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 07:39:13 AM »
I'm not happy to predict that Trump does not have what it takes to be president.  If the easement is issued and Trump's ego will force it to be, then open war with an activist America results.  Remembering 'by any means necessary' progressive America will have a collective Malcolm X moment. Trumps narcissism and total disregard for the American people and his recognition of only a racist elite will cause blood to spill.  This racism cannot be tolerated.  An environmental impact was not conducted.  The pipelined company needs to be stopped by any means, and if Trump supports them he becomes an enemy that we cannot abide.  If that easement happens Trump as president is not going to work.

what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure.

Think of these words.  Jefferson is saying that leaders cannot be allowed to live in their own reality and it is incumbent on the people from time to time tor remind their leaders what is real and what is not.  Left to their own devices they detach and become a danger to us all.  Alternative facts cannot be allowed.

We may need a general strike and everybody will have to boycott all of Trump's properties.  We will have to make sure his employees are given food and helped with rent while they are out of work.  A re-establishment of American fraternity will not happen overnight but it must and will as necessity makes it so.  If that easement is issued contrary to the EIS time-line we have a child playing with dangerous toys who must be stopped.

Put the pipe under the N.D. State Capital.  Bismark is not very big and the same drilling that it would take to clear Lake Oahe will get it all the way under Bismark.  In under one vacant field and up and out in another vacant field on the other side.  The pipeline company will have to pay all added expenses.  They gambled, dodged paperwork, and in the words of a fellow Texan, "What were you thinking?"  Now they must lose, for their stupidity of not knowing about the Sioux and American history.  May they be kept away from sharp objects.

There may be a last stand, but this isn't it. Not yet. We will see more protests, but I think this may just be the beginning of a long road. No general strike. Not for a few years yet. Just  my guess.

I agree, the DAPL will be pumping oil well before resistance can grow big enough to force change and change will ultimately be the result of other issues.  I'm saying Trumps actions concerning the DAPL begins a process which not stop until he is gone.  Trumps intractability ignorance and denial of public sentiment will foster violence and it should.  It is inevitable once Joe Public realizes he does not get to be a part of America being great again and that he is expected to perish like one of the countless unnamed serfs who died building St. Petersburg for Peter the Great.

Perhaps Trump will don a flight suit and have someone land his ass on an aircraft carrier so he can say DAPL mission accomplished.  Like the first fool who did that may he find he has awakened a sleeping giant that will not rest before Trump's hubris is held to account.

History will rhyme.  As you say, this is the beginning of a long road.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:50:10 AM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
WE NEED TO BE BIGGER THAN THEY!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 08:19:46 AM »

I'd give the possibility of a large national strike a 50/50 chance of happening.  The reason for this is that the very same women who organized the recent Women's March, which was the largest protest in American history, are calling for a General Strike.  But so are many other groups, and their proposed dates are uncoordinated and diverse.  I think only Bernie Sanders could help with that, since he has vast support and love from America's progressives.  If anyone can get a message to Bernie, letting him know we have a coordination and organizing problem, that would certainly help.

There will at least be a real attempt to organize such a Strike. There is no stopping that.  But it needs to be well planned, and one of the proposed dates is way too soon! (Feb. 17th).  We'll need another week or two to get things coordinated and to have big name folks leap in with their voices.  Bernie's voice should top that list!  Tell him so, somehow.  I bet it's not easy to get his ear, though. 

One way to get his ear, indirectly, is through the Thom Hartmann radio show.  Call Thom!  http://www.thomhartmann.com/

Anyway, as I said, there will be a real attempt to hold a National Strike, and it will be organized by folks who have assembled the largest political demonstration in American history.  But those women need to be clear that the Strike is NOT just about women's issues. It's also about -- and centrally about -- in-your-face-fascism (corporatism) in America. It's about putting foxes in charge of all of the chickens in the country. And those foxes are planning a feast!

Because the Strike WILL HAPPEN, it's important that it not be limp and weak. It must be strong, and that means it needs us all to take it seriously.

I may seem to have contradicted myself.  But a careful reading will show that I gave a LARGE national strike a 50/50 chance of happening.  There WILL be a strike.  I'm just hoping it won't be pathetically tiny! That would not only be an embarrassment, but it would also signal a complete abdication to the neo-fascist pigs who are clearly throwing shock and awe at us.   We need to be bigger than they!!!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 08:27:57 AM by JRM »
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 08:29:36 AM »
I'm self-employed. I can take the day off.

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 08:31:12 AM »

Okay, good topic.  Do you believe many people will not strike for fear of being fired? If so, what percentage do you think will not strike for fear of being fired?
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2017, 08:36:08 AM »
What does a 1 Day General Strike do?  It's just symbolic.  Next day, it's back to BAU.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2017, 10:00:05 AM »

Okay, good topic.  Do you believe many people will not strike for fear of being fired? If so, what percentage do you think will not strike for fear of being fired?

I wouldn't look for that to be a big issue. Most people wouldn't be afraid of that.

What does a 1 Day General Strike do?  It's just symbolic.  Next day, it's back to BAU.

It would be quite an event, something very new for this country. If it were really big, with a huge turn-out, it would be more meaningful than the whole Occupy movement, imho. One day  is symbolic, but my guess is that it would lead to more of the same.

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 11:11:30 AM »

I wouldn't look for that to be a big issue. Most people wouldn't be afraid of that.

It would be quite an event, something very new for this country. If it were really big, with a huge turn-out, it would be more meaningful than the whole Occupy movement, imho. One day  is symbolic, but my guess is that it would lead to more of the same.

Doing nothing would also be symbolic.  If we put up no resistance to trump and his gang of thugs we'd be saying "Fuck it, let them shit all over us and then pee on us afterwords -- I don't care".

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 11:17:19 AM »
I just came from having breakfast out with my partner.  Our server is a fine young man, basically.  When my partner said to him, as we were leaving, "Resist trump," he said "I don't care."  I took this to mean he doesn't care at all about politics, and pays it no mind whatsoever.  He's about maybe 20-21 years of age.  I also suspect he doesn't care because he knows nothing.  And he knows nothing because he doesn't care.

A national strike might wake these sorts of people up?  I guess the odds are against it -- but some might.  :icon_scratch:

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 11:32:08 AM »
I may as well share with you that as we were heading home we stopped downtown for something along our way, and there was a giant four door pickup truck with enormous tubes shooting up on either side, just behind the cab.  About eight inches in diameter.  On the rear window was a sticker saying "Rolling Coal".  It's one of those trucks which are designed as a giant black cloud of middle finger sooty smoke ... to say "fuck you!" to anyone who the driver takes to be a libral or a person who cares about the earth, or LGBT folk, etc....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpaMDE5qrsA

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/bfvmgh/the-colbert-report-coal-rolling
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 11:33:59 AM by JRM »

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 11:35:04 AM »
Younger people who use social media will be brought on board easily if it becomes popular to go to protests. Show up, carry a sign. Post a selfie on FB. It's a self-reinforcing feedback loop, once it takes off. But it requires a certain critical mass, one that Occupy never got to.

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 11:38:43 AM »
I may as well share with you that as we were heading home we stopped downtown for something along our way, and there was a giant four door pickup truck with enormous tubes shooting up on either side, just behind the cab.  About eight inches in diameter.  On the rear window was a sticker saying "Rolling Coal".  It's one of those trucks which are designed as a giant black cloud of middle finger sooty smoke ... to say "fuck you!" to anyone who the driver takes to be a libral or a person who cares about the earth, or LGBT folk, etc....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpaMDE5qrsA

Unfortunately those trucks are popular with a certain subset of young people. But it's a tiny, tiny fraction. The vehicles are often exempt from emissions standards, because they are regulated like commercial trucks instead of passenger cars.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/bfvmgh/the-colbert-report-coal-rolling

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2017, 11:41:30 AM »
Younger people who use social media will be brought on board easily if it becomes popular to go to protests. Show up, carry a sign. Post a selfie on FB. It's a self-reinforcing feedback loop, once it takes off. But it requires a certain critical mass, one that Occupy never got to.

If they go because "it's popular," they may accidentally learn something in the meanwhile.  ???  :icon_scratch: ???

I mean... maybe there is a REASON for the protest?  Maybe it has something to do with a gang of criminal thugs having taken over our government?

I can't be the only one who thinks Rex Tillerson as United States Secretary of State signals (especially together with the rest of those clowns) a really big black cloud of sooty fuck you smoke on America.  :icon_scratch: :-\ :-[

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2017, 12:41:44 PM »
I think there has to be tangible evidence that Rex Tillerson is hurting us somehow before any sizable movement can arise to oppose him. Sure, he's a product of Exxon-Mobil, but until does something obviously damaging, most people won't condemn him.