AuthorTopic: Death-Stick Power Object Of The Day  (Read 5414 times)

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Gunz & Ammo
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2017, 07:01:17 AM »
I have ammo for all my guns now, but in general I like to stockpile .308, .22 rimfire, .223, and .45/70. The last one is not that common here, but I like having one big caliber rifle with a massive bullet. The others are all very popular calibers and the ammo is barter worthy.

Oddballs in my collection are:

Nifty semi-auto Hakim battle rifle in 8mm Mauser (pretty easy to get the crummy corrosive ammo, still)

7.62X39 Kalashnikov I keep a a thousand rounds. Ammo also easy to find and cheap.

2 pistols...one Czech CZ52 in the 7.62X25 round and an old C96 Mauser pistol rebarreled for the 7.62X25 round. I agree pistols are useless from a practical perspective.

(I just noticed I had a brain fart this morning, so I corrected an error The pistols are in 7.62X25mm, not 39mm as I wrote earlier.)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 06:05:04 PM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2017, 07:16:42 AM »
I have ammo for all my guns now, but in general I like to stockpile .308, .22 rimfire, .223, and .45/70. The last one is not that common here, but I like having one big caliber rifle with a massive bullet. The others are all very popular calibers and the ammo is barter worthy.

Oddballs in my collection are:

Nifty semi-auto Hakim battle rifle in 8mm Mauser (pretty easy to get the crummy corrosive ammo, still)

7.62X39 Kalshnikov I keep a a thousand rounds. Ammo also easy to find and cheap.

2 pistols...one Czech CZ52 in the 7.62X25 round and an old C96 Mauser pistol rebarreled for the 7.62X25 round. I agree pistols are useless from a practical perspective.

Do you have Gunz to shoot all the ammo in the collection?

RE
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 06:05:30 PM by Eddie »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2017, 08:49:53 AM »
I only have ammo for the guns I shoot. I don't stockpile ammo for any guns I don't own. So, yes.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Death-Stick Power Object Of The Day
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2018, 05:22:22 PM »
This thread is for gun fetishists.

I think the Diner needs to educate the public about the vast array of choices that Americans are faced with as they lawfully exercise their God-given 2nd Amendment rights.

One thing that attracts people to the AR-15 is that there exists a very broad array of different add-ons and accessories that allow for almost unlimited customization and personalization.

This has to be one of the really best thought out AR add-ons of all time, and as you will see in the video, it can easily be converted to a stand alone weapon which you can still use if you sell your AR-15 to some kid at the gun show.

Yes, it's a repeating shotgun that mounts to the AR-15. You can shoot them both at the same time! Sweet!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aSdWsXkc0gw&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aSdWsXkc0gw&fs=1</a>

Perfectly legal for anyone over 18 to purchase, even if you're a diagnosed schizophrenic. Because a well armed militia.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 05:24:52 PM by Eddie »

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Death-Stick Power Object Of The Day
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2018, 05:29:32 PM »
This thread is for gun fetishists.

I think the Diner needs to educate the public about the vast array of choices that Americans are faced with as they lawfully exercise their God-given 2nd Amendment rights.

One thing that attracts people to the AR-15 is that there exists a very broad array of different add-ons and accessories that allow for almost unlimited customization and personalization.

This has to be one of the really best thought out AR add-ons of all time, and as you will see in the video, it can easily be converted to a stand alone weapon which you can still use if you sell your AR-15 to some kid at the gun show.

Yes, it's a repeating shotgun that mounts to the AR-15. You can shoot them both at the same time! Sweet!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aSdWsXkc0gw&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aSdWsXkc0gw&fs=1</a>

Perfectly legal for anyone over 18 to purchase, even if you're a diagnosed schizophrenic. Because a well armed militia.

That is cool!  8)  Do you have one?  How much does it all weigh, adding in of course the Night Scope and the Laser targeting pointer?  ???  :icon_scratch:

They sure do blow through a lot of Locks at that practice range!  :o

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2018, 05:33:38 PM »
No, I was just looking around and saw it. I was searching for various shotgun revolvers, of which there are a number available. Some of them will shoot a .410 shotgun shell or a .357 bullet. I think you can build a chamber that accepts either. You can alternate buckshot, rifled shotgun slugs, and magnum handgun bullets. I met a guy who had one on his boat.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2018, 05:39:21 PM »
No, I was just looking around and saw it. I was searching for various shotgun revolvers, of which there are a number available. Some of them will shoot a .410 shotgun shell or a .357 bullet. I think you can build a chamber that accepts either. You can alternate buckshot, rifled shotgun slugs, and magnum handgun bullets. I met a guy who had one on his boat.

Something similar that took a .50 Cal round would be cool too.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2018, 05:44:50 PM »
I'd guess the recoil factor would make it impossible. All those .50 rifles have to have elaborate recoil reduction systems, but they still kick like a mule. Tomorrow we'll honor the Barrett M82. I love those things. Crazy.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Death-Stick Power Object Of The Day ---- The Bump Stock Boogie
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2018, 05:56:12 PM »
I ran across this by accident. One of the better bump stock demos and explanations I've seen. The videographer's take-aways are his own, and not mine.

To me, the obvious point is that semi-auto is plenty deadly, and saves ammo.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K2IOZ-5Nk5k&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/K2IOZ-5Nk5k&fs=1</a>

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2018, 06:04:43 PM »
I'm wondering if this thread wouldn't be better in Doomsteading than your New Channel?

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2018, 06:26:49 PM »
I can't see what it is useful for if you lose accuracy like he says. He should have used a cardboard man so we could see if you could cut the man in half, or even hit him twice.
"The State is a body of armed men."

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2018, 07:55:24 PM »
I'm wondering if this thread wouldn't be better in Doomsteading than your New Channel?

RE

Mind moving it? That's fine with me.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2018, 07:57:05 PM »

RE

Yea I'll move it and make it a Sticky.  We don't have an official Self-Defence thread.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2018, 08:00:55 PM »

RE

Yea I'll move it and make it a Sticky.  We don't have an official Self-Defence thread.

RE

Actually, we do have an Official thread for Gunz & Ammo.  I'm going to merge them.  I'll use your title though, it's more creative.  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Re: Death-Stick Power Object Of The Day ---- The Bump Stock Boogie
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2018, 10:52:23 PM »
I ran across this by accident. One of the better bump stock demos and explanations I've seen. The videographer's take-aways are his own, and not mine.

To me, the obvious point is that semi-auto is plenty deadly, and saves ammo.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K2IOZ-5Nk5k&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/K2IOZ-5Nk5k&fs=1</a>

Definitely should be banned!

After I buy 10 bump stocks along with 10 AR-15's and 2500 rounds of ammo for each of my AR-15s that is.  All but one of which can be nicely wrapped in oilcloth and tucked away for the time being. 

Keep one ready to go of course.  Never know when a zombie might be masquerading as a mailperson at the front door.

Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.