AuthorTopic: The GREAT DEBATE! r/collapse vs r/futurology  (Read 2361 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: r/collapse AMA with Dmitry Orlov at 5PM EST
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2017, 10:20:59 PM »
Dmitry has managed to seriously offend the LGBTQ crowd on r/collapse, and is studiously avoiding answering my questions about Guy McPherson.

Very entertaining AMA.  :icon_mrgreen:

RE

I liked publisbing my essays for free, but I didn't like having to deal with comment spam and trolls. There were a few people who didn't bother to even read what I wrote before commenting. There was even some hate mail. Amazingly, $1 is an insurmountable barrier for all of the above. I also like the fact that thoughtful readers, who remained silent before, not willing to scatter pearls before swine, I suppose, are now commenting. A good move, overall.

permalinkembedsaveparentreportgive goldreplied

[–]Kollapsnik-Dog 1 point just now

PA

Could be too that your not worth a dollar. But since you see 90% of the human race as worthless I'm sure that thought did not cross your elite mind.

K-Dog was taken.  The collapse for profit ass-hat still has a following.  Seriously though, reading through his dialog, he has an abundance of opinions but they are not backed up by facts and if anyone tries to pin him down he blows them off.

Once the oil is no longer available due to depletion or due to unaffordability, how large a population on earth do you think is sustainable and at what level of technology? How long do you estimate it will take to descend to the base level? Where do you think we will be at in terms of total population and still working technology in 2030?

permalinkembedsavereportgive goldreply

[–]dorlov[a.k.a. "Kollapsnik"]3 points 6 hours ago

I don't know how to do that kind of math. Also, I don't know what I would do with that sort of information, so I am not highly motivated to figure it out.

Don't know why the text was crossed out in quoting.  It is reddit, what can you say?

Dmitry Orlov (Russian: Дми́трий Орло́в; born 1962) is a Russian-American engineer and a writer on subjects related to "potential economic, ecological and political decline and collapse in the United States," something he has called “permanent crisis”.

But he does not know how to do the math.

It's an artifact of the Reddit code pasted to BBcode.  I fixed it for you in this quote.  Remove the ]S[ tag if you want to modify the original.

RE
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:24:30 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN