AuthorTopic: Trump's Wall Threatens 111 Endangered Species  (Read 1925 times)

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Trump's Wall Threatens 111 Endangered Species
« on: January 06, 2017, 02:26:17 PM »
Trump's Wall Threatens 111 Endangered Species
https://www.outsideonline.com/2075761/trumps-wall-threatens-111-endangered-species

I never took trump's plan for a Great Wall of America seriously.  The idea is preposterous in more ways than I can count. One of them is the obvious affect it would have upon wildlife (By no means could it pass an environmental impact statement scrutiny)  -- which alone is enough reason to dismiss the project as absurd, wrong, impossible.  Not impossible in the sense of "it can't be built," but in the sense that it won't be built because it's too maniacally asinine a proposal.  For a thousand reasons. 

At least, that's what I thought.

But that's what I thought about trump's chances of being elected in the first place.  He's too maniacally asinine. He can't be elected. He's a joke.  End of story.       

-- Wrong!

And already our government has long been making 'special exceptions' to environmental laws from the Nixon era, e.g., clean water laws and the fracking exception, fast tracking exception of massive pipeline projects like DAPL.  "We don't need no stinking Environmental Impact Statement!"

Now in the news we see that Trump is planning to get his wall built just as soon as he enters office. (Shudder)  He's not even going to wait for Mexico to pay for it.  He'll use tax dollars, then send Mexico a bill when it's done.   He means it.   His followers mean it.  There's going to be a wall.

Unless we stop it.

Somehow.
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
See Naked Women Here!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 06:30:34 PM »
I'm thinking of getting into advertising.  ;) :evil4:

It just occurred to me that we're all guys here.

That's weird.

Why is that?
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: See Naked Women Here!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 06:37:57 PM »

That's weird.

Why is that?

Facebook a much better venue for finding a daddy. You can see and display the goodies there much more comfortably as well. Millions of possibles and a huge audience as well.

Appearance is everything to them usually.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:40:51 PM by Golden Oxen »

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Trump's Wall Threatens 111 Endangered Species
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 06:44:07 PM »
As usual, GO, you miss the whole point.

Still, I lured you in with hopes of seeing a naked woman.  Like a worm on a hook.

I figured that this thread may not be catching on because it involves something as boring as endangered species.  It seems that endangered species are rather a bore to people these days, while naked women still can be used to bait a hook.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: See Naked Women Here!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 07:31:16 PM »

That's weird.

Why is that?

Very few females across the whole collapse blogosphere.  Highly male dominated.  You can find more on the Prepper websites that talk about food, canning, gardening etc.

Also, just a reminder, the Diner is PG rated so nothing too explicit.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 08:06:14 PM »
Now in the news we see that Trump is planning to get his wall built just as soon as he enters office. (Shudder)  He's not even going to wait for Mexico to pay for it.  He'll use tax dollars, then send Mexico a bill when it's done.   He means it.   His followers mean it.  There's going to be a wall.

Unless we stop it.

Somehow.

Biggest Boondoggle and Pork Barrel Project in all of recorded history.  Won't do a damn thing to stop the flow of immigration, especially once the climate issues and drought get really bad.

Far as sending the Mexicans the bill, that's a joke.  They don't have the money to pay for it.  If he drops tariffs on Mexican imports, people will buy fewer Mexican products.

Then there's all the maintenance to be done on it after it's built.  It's really not a Wall mostly, but double fencing.  Mexicans will vandalize this fencing on a daily basis.  Then it has to be patrolled as well.

Anyhow, it's a physical symbol for Trumpty-Dumpty that he is following through on his campaign promises.  I doubt the whole thing is ever completed.  Once they get a few video clips of construction workers building a few sections it will quietly disappear from lack of funding.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 09:43:50 PM »
Wall of bullshit maybe.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 07:12:53 AM »
"The Mexico–United States barrier is a series of walls and fences along the Mexico–United States border aimed at preventing illegal crossings from United States into Mexico and vice versa . The barrier is not one continuous structure, but a grouping of relatively short physical walls, secured in between with a "virtual fence" which includes a system of sensors and cameras monitored by the United States Border Patrol. As of January 2009, U.S. Customs and Border Protection reported that it had more than 580 miles (930 km) of barriers in place."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico%E2%80%93United_States_barrier

Some of it (sort of) is already built.

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 07:18:00 AM »
Wall of bullshit maybe.

You don't think it will really happen, Eddie?

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 07:40:08 AM »
A more realistic "Wall" idea would be to build the wall on the far side of the Panama Canal.  That's a reasonable distance across to build a really solid barrier that would be difficult to vandalize easily.  Then you absorb Mexico into the FSoA, as West Germany reabsorbed East Germany.  They took a huge financial hit from this of course.

However, even with that, the migration from SA will simply transfer from over land to small boats at sea in the GoM, just like now it occurs over the Mediterranean Sea in Eurotrashland.

The only way to stop or slow this migration of populations away from neighborhoods increasingly desertified and impoverished as the oil resource runs thin would be to start sinking the boats.  That will likely come to pass at some point in the timeline.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 10:46:03 AM »
We've recently had thousands of immigrants entering Texas every fucking week by way of Mexico...from Cuba. They are welcomed, because they are fleeing communist oppressors.

Sure they are.

It's all a big sham. Who gets in, who doesn't.

Mexico isn't even the problem, as RE alluded to, it's overpopulation in Nicaragua, Honduras, and Guatemala. Average age of maybe 30, in those countries. We need Uncle Joe to give us a people's revolution, so it's acceptable to kill 'em off.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 11:35:26 AM »
We need Uncle Joe to give us a people's revolution, so it's acceptable to kill 'em off.

!!!  :o