AuthorTopic: Strictly DD Updates Log  (Read 7024 times)

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: MAJOR FORUM CRISIS!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 06:43:41 AM »
Knarf emailed me that he could not login to the forum.  So I logged out to check his login info.  Did not work.  Then *I* tried to log myself back in and could not do it either!

DO NOT LOG YOURSELF OUT OF THE DINER FORUM UNTIL THIS IS FIXED!!!!!

I tried first to get back in using one of my other computers with the login info stored.  No luck.  To get myself logged back in, I had to do a PASSWORD RESET, several times.  You have to look for how to do this, go to the login page and you will find a link.

Major calamity here today.

RE

Thanks for the heads up Chief ...
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
DD LOGIN CRISIS
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 07:50:59 AM »
I got logged out again and had to do yet another Passwrod Reset to get back in.

I am still trying to get Knarf logged back in.

This is a fucking MESS!

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Strictly DD Updates Log
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 08:57:27 AM »
I never log out, thankfully.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 09:11:15 AM »
I never log out, thankfully.

Same with me. Been logged in for weeks.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 02:31:45 PM »
Is the problem on-going?
How about stating what actually happens and when instead of "I can't log in".
I'm going to have to call on SMF Support.
"The State is a body of armed men."

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 06:01:58 PM »
Is the problem on-going?
How about stating what actually happens and when instead of "I can't log in".
I'm going to have to call on SMF Support.

Just back from the doctor.

Yes there is still a problem.  The only way to get back in after signing out is to do a password reset.  Then you can't sign in with the new password with any of your other computers.  You get a page timed out error.  I couldn't sign in from the doc's office on my phone or tablet.

This is a mess.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
Re: Calm down
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 06:08:14 PM »
RE, what is the "MAJOR FORUM CRISIS!" ?
"Major calamity here" ?
"This is a fucking MESS!" ?

No one has made a useful report (with Date and Time (GMT), what you did, and what happened) of anything,
and no one has even responded to the message I posted several hours ago.
Knarf is logged in and posting.

Just calm down and tell me something I can look up on the logs, which are currently over 100,000 lines long, and see what the error is.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Calm down
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2017, 06:34:02 PM »
"Major calamity here" ?

No one has made a useful report (with Date and Time (GMT), what you did, and what happened) of anything,

Just calm down and tell me something I can look up on the logs, which are currently over 100,000 lines long, and see what the error is.

I will forward you the email stream from Knarf which made me aware of the problem yeasterday.  It has date and time stamps on it.

After Knarf couldn't get back in, I signed out to see if I could sign in under his ID.  No luck.  Then I couldn't sign back in under my ID.  I got back in by reseting my password, but then after signing out again, once again I couldn't get back in with the new password.  I had to reset again.  Then today I tried to get in with my smartphone and laptop with the new, new password and couldn't get in with them.  The only computer I have which is logged in is my Dell at the moment.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2017, 07:04:31 PM »
For crying out fucking loud.
You still haven't told me anything I can look up in the logs.
You haven't said what URL you were on when it happened.
You haven't copy-pasted the resulting response.
If I send that load of nonsense to SMF they will say "Send us a proper report", if anything at all.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2017, 07:15:06 PM »
For crying out fucking loud.
You still haven't told me anything I can look up in the logs.
You haven't said what URL you were on when it happened.
You haven't copy-pasted the resulting response.
If I send that load of nonsense to SMF they will say "Send us a proper report", if anything at all.

Why don't you try it for yourself?  Log out and see if you can log back in.  Or see if you can log in with another computer.

It occured just after you did the restore of php 5.something when 7 failed with the blog.

What URL was I on?  The Diner Forum obviously.  In order to log out and log in you have to be on the forum, http://doomsteaddiner.net/forum/index.php

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 07:20:33 PM »
"Major calamity here" ?

I will forward you the email stream from Knarf which made me aware of the problem yeasterday.  It has date and time stamps on it.

After Knarf couldn't get back in, I signed out to see if I could sign in under his ID.  No luck.  Then I couldn't sign back in under my ID.  I got back in by reseting my password, but then after signing out again, once again I couldn't get back in with the new password.  I had to reset again.  Then today I tried to get in with my smartphone and laptop with the new, new password and couldn't get in with them.  The only computer I have which is logged in is my Dell at the moment.

RE

I have been coming in and out of the DD routinely, both from chrome and IE. However, I have had some "this is a dangerous website" warnings form Norton at least 4 times this past week when I was trying to post here. It got a bit frustrating because I had to rebuild my post with graphics, smileys and so on all over again. So, I began putting the post in a document prior to trying to post here. In one case my computer locked up and I had to sign out of my computer and then sign in again, losing my post data.

FWIW, it's much worse on my forum. somebody doesn't like me posting my rants and screeds and the thing locks up often. I have resigned myself to posting in a document AND saving it in case everything locks up and I have to sign out of the computer. The DD is normally much faster and much easier to post on, except for the stuff I ran into recently.

My own computer has only been attacked by a "high level threat" (according to Norton) once within the last two weeks. Norton said an attempt to download a false flash player was made and they blocked it. 

I have had zero issues signing in at the DD for many months.  8)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:22:23 PM by agelbert »
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2017, 07:28:14 PM »
What URL was I on?  The Diner Forum obviously.

That's not a URL.  You might not know it, but there is more than one place where you can log in to the forum.  I need the URL and the date and time (GMT) or it is a useless report, got it?

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2017, 07:30:08 PM »
"Major calamity here" ?

RE

I have been coming in and out of the DD routinely, both from chrome and IE. However, I have had some "this is a dangerous website" warnings form Norton at least 4 times this past week when I was trying to post here. It got a bit frustrating because I had to rebuild my post with graphics, smileys and so on all over again. So, I began putting the post in a document prior to trying to post here. In one case my computer locked up and I had to sign out of my computer and then sign in again, losing my post data.

FWIW, it's much worse on my forum. somebody doesn't like me posting my rants and screeds and the thing locks up often. I have resigned myself to posting in a document AND saving it in case everything locks up and I have to sign out of the computer. The DD is normally much faster and much easier to post on, except for the stuff I ran into recently.

My own computer has only been attacked by a "high level threat" (according to Norton) once within the last two weeks. Norton said an attempt to download a false flash player was made and they blocked it. 

I have had zero issues signing in at the DD for many months.  8)

Have you logged out in the last 2 days?

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2017, 07:33:50 PM »
What URL was I on?  The Diner Forum obviously.

That's not a URL.  You might not know it, but there is more than one place where you can log in to the forum.  I need the URL and the date and time (GMT) or it is a useless report, got it?

All I know is what is up in the address box at the top of the browser window.

I just tried to login again with my phone, still no go.

Like I said, try it yourself.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2017, 07:51:41 PM »
Trying now to login with MS Edge on this computer (which is logged in with Firefox)

here is the Error Message I get (same with every computer I have tried to login with)

An Error Has Occurred!

Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

Here is the URL for the login page this error comes up on:

http://www.doomsteaddiner.net/forum/index.php?action=login2

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN