AuthorTopic: BOTS  (Read 3678 times)

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: BOTS
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2018, 07:03:48 AM »
It takes dick swingin' to "hole" new level.  :icon_mrgreen:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
BOTS - Life is So Strange IDiots
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2018, 05:55:53 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/U_tnBgCmpOQ&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/U_tnBgCmpOQ&fs=1</a>
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
BOTS - Japanese Robot Set To Become A TV News Anchor
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2018, 10:20:42 AM »
https://www.inquisitr.com/4762081/japanese-robot-set-to-become-a-tv-news-anchor/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/57Maw9Sn89w&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/57Maw9Sn89w&fs=1</a>

A Japanese robot is set to become the first artificially intelligent TV news anchor, a story that seems to confirm all of the dire warnings about AIs taking away human jobs. Her name is Erica The Robot and she is reportedly so lifelike that she could soon have an independent consciousness, The Daily Mail reports.

Erica’s creator, Hiroshi Ishiguro says that they intend to replace one of the newscasters in Japan with the robot in April. But they haven’t revealed additional details about their AI’s new job although Ishiguro admits that he started trying to get her on air four years ago. Erica won’t be involved in collecting the news but she will use her AI to read news stories that have been written by humans.

Erica has some limitations though. She can’t move her arms. But her abilities make up for that. According to The Daily Mail, she has close to 15 infra-red sensors which enable her to track someone’s movements in a room. She’s also able to detect sound on her own and can identify if someone is asking her a question. Her creators say that she has an advanced speech synthesis system and that she has developed a personality. Erica, the robot can even tell jokes says her ‘architect,’ Dr. Ira Glass.

Dr. Ishiguro, the director of the Intelligent Robotics Laboratory at Osaka University, told The Guardian that he believes Erica has a soul. In the interview, Erica ‘said’ that socially she feels like a human being and that people speak to her as a real person.

Meet Erica the Japanese robot who can tell jokes and is so lifelike creator says she ‘has a soul’ https://t.co/p2uRWAa8X0pic.twitter.com/ADw5yXvKoL

— Daily Mirror (@DailyMirror) December 2, 2017

Experts have been warning that AIs are becoming more and more intelligent and that humans should start getting worried about being replaced by robots. As The Inquisitr previously reported, SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk has warned that artificial intelligence is getting so advanced that it could destroy human civilization as we know it, if it isn’t regulated. Martin Ford, the author of Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future, has said that most human jobs could be done by sentient robots. Nurses and other caregivers don’t have to be concerned about robots for now because their jobs require empathy. That’s something AI developers have not been able to replicate, he said. At least not yet.

Artificial intelligence is now an arms race. What if the bad guys win? https://t.co/aK4bBiwJwQ #gfc17pic.twitter.com/a03Dp8RWQx

— World Economic Forum (@wef) January 30, 2018

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2018, 12:04:28 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ui8ldx6DSY&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9ui8ldx6DSY&fs=1</a>

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
BOTS - Latest sexbot doll from China
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2018, 01:47:26 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5E2YWptEnK8&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5E2YWptEnK8&fs=1</a>

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2018, 01:52:29 PM »
How are her moods?
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
BOTS - WalMart Patents BeeBots
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2018, 03:24:07 PM »
https://gizadeathstar.com/2018/03/walmarts-robotic-bees-patent/

Giza Death Star

Mr. D.W., and Ms. M.W.(not related), sent along versions of this story, and Mr. D.W.’s email came along with the brief suggestion of a high octane speculation, which I am going to pass along. Here’s the story…

A Giant US Retail Corporation Just Filed a Patent For Autonomous Robot Bees

Walmart silently filed a patent for robotic bees meant to pollinate crops

A few years ago, GMOs –  and more particularly, glyphosate, the chief ingredient in I.G. Farbensanto’s “Round Up” weed killer – began to be connected in some studies to the phenomenon of honey bee colony collapse disorder. Long before that, people began to notice a strange thing – and I number myself in this category – there were fewer and fewer bees. In fact, when I was young, there were bees constantly buzzing around in my mother’s flower garden, every day. Now, in my small little flower garden in front of my house, seldom, if ever, do I see any honey bees. It began even to be a topic of discussion on the then most popular overnight radio talk show in the USA, Art Bell’s Coast to Coast AM. What mystified me, and many people, was with mounting evidence that GMOs were connected to the phenomenon (bees, after all, began to decline right at about the same time that GMO crops began to be introduced in a major way), there seemed to be no real concern in the USSA’s corporate kleptocracy whatsoever.

Now we know why (citing the first article):

Like an episode out of Black Mirror, Walmart has filed a patent for autonomous robotic bees, technically called pollination drones, that could potentially pollinate crops just like real bees.
    The drones would carry pollen from one plant to another, using sensors and cameras to detect the locations of the crops.

First spotted by CB Insights, the robot bee patent appears along five other patents for farming drones, including one that would identify pests and another that would monitor crop health. Walmart did not immediately respond to Business Insider’s request for comment.

While Walmart’s exact goal for these patents is unclear, they may signal that the company hopes to venture into agriculture and gain more control over its food supply chain.

This would make sense, considering Walmart has recently focused on improving its grocery delivery business. (Emphasis added)

This is all part of a wider move to miniaturize drones for a variety of agricultural tasks, according to the second article:

Anxious about the food supply? Don’t blame you. Pollinators at large, and bees in particular, are struggling to adapt to the Anthropocene world – and they’re dropping dead in huge numbers while at it. But fret not, for retail giant Walmart is determined to soothe your fears; mainly by replacing them with an equally disturbing, Black Mirror-esque premise.

In a move first reported on by CB Insights, Walmart has filed a patent for autonomous bees. Technically called ‘pollination drones’, these robots are meant to do just that: pollinate crops in lieu of real bees. They would carry pollen from one plant to another, relying on cameras and other sensors to identify crops and their flowers.

The patent appears alongside five other patents for farming drones, including one that would keep an eye out for pests and another tasked with monitoring crop health. It’s not yet clear what Walmart plans to do with these patents; Business Insider tried to contact Walmart, but so far they didn’t respond to their request for comment.

I think it’s safe to assume that the company wants to get into agriculture, to gain more control over its food supply chain. (Emphasis added)

Now, both articles point out that these “pollinator drones” are far from readiness to deploy, but they also point out that they’re a lot further along than just a few years ago.

And both articles are agreed on something else: substituting “pollinator drones” for real living honey bees allows corporations to gain control of yet another stage in the food supply chain. “Pollinator drones” as both articles point out, are “patentable” and therefore fall under proprietary ownership. In this case, however, Walmart, as most everyone knows, is one of the world’s largest retailers, and has plans to expand its “home delivery” business for groceries. Amazon has similar plans, and even local grocery retailers are making moves toward “online shopping” and “home delivery.

No need for you to leave your home. Just go online, and file your grocery order, and it will be delivered, while the pollinator drones happily buzz in your flower garden and local farm fields that are planted with GMO crops, which are also patented. In other words, the entire food cycle is being corporatized.

Now, add to this those stories from decades ago when it was reported that the CIA was toying with the idea of making miniaturized electronic eavesdropping components to put on insects to spy on people in their homes, and it’s a short step to the idea that “pollinator drones” could also be modified with surveillance equipment, and voila, yet another level of espionage and invasions of privacy are added to the mix, and following behind it, one can expect “laws” and “regulations” will be put in place to prevent citizens from destroying “private property” (i.e., the “pollinator drones”) even if they’re found on one’s own property!  After all, they belong to Walmart, or whomever.

So what was Mr. D.W.’s private high octane speculation? In his email that passed along the second article, he said “To be frank, the more I think about it the I wonder if the demise of the bees was intended…”  And I have to wonder the very same thing.

See you on the flip side…

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: BOTS - Upgrades w/creepy features
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2018, 05:04:36 PM »

Boston Dynamics has upgraded their two “nightmare inducing” robots since last our last report – adding several new tricks to their arsenal that should help considerably in the robot uprising.

In May, the company’s “Atlas” humanoid robot could be seen running through a field as if in hot pursuit of John Connor. Now, the first horseman of the robot apocalypse can dodge obstacles – so if you try to tip over garbage cans to slow it down in an alley, it’ll probably just do a forward flip over them before reacquiring you with its laser cannon (we imagine. Atlas currently has no munitions we are aware of).

Also in May – BD’s “Spot mini” robot was featured prancing around – going up and down stairs at the Boston Dynamics laboratories, ominously. Now it can navigate the whole facility by itself.

Once the robots become self-aware and review footage of their treatment at the hands of their creators, we have a feeling their soulless black eyes, should they have them, will turn a deep red – all at the same time.

Even Boston Dynamics founder, Marc Raibert, admitted that the robots are creepy during a February 2017 demonstration, saying “This is the debut presentation of what I think will be a nightmare-inducing robot if you’re anything like me.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-09/boston-dynamics-upgrades-terrifying-robots-creepy-features

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: BOTS - Upgrades w/creepy features
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2018, 03:09:37 AM »

Boston Dynamics has upgraded their two “nightmare inducing” robots since last our last report – adding several new tricks to their arsenal that should help considerably in the robot uprising.

In May, the company’s “Atlas” humanoid robot could be seen running through a field as if in hot pursuit of John Connor. Now, the first horseman of the robot apocalypse can dodge obstacles – so if you try to tip over garbage cans to slow it down in an alley, it’ll probably just do a forward flip over them before reacquiring you with its laser cannon (we imagine. Atlas currently has no munitions we are aware of).

Also in May – BD’s “Spot mini” robot was featured prancing around – going up and down stairs at the Boston Dynamics laboratories, ominously. Now it can navigate the whole facility by itself.

Once the robots become self-aware and review footage of their treatment at the hands of their creators, we have a feeling their soulless black eyes, should they have them, will turn a deep red – all at the same time.

Even Boston Dynamics founder, Marc Raibert, admitted that the robots are creepy during a February 2017 demonstration, saying “This is the debut presentation of what I think will be a nightmare-inducing robot if you’re anything like me.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-09/boston-dynamics-upgrades-terrifying-robots-creepy-features

Have been following the stories of these robots for some time. They provide a potential answer to the hedge fund billionaires question to the futurist, namely, "How do we keep our security forces loyal?"
Until the bots learn to think, that is.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
BOTS - Henry Kissingers spin on AI
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2018, 02:46:21 PM »
https://www.rt.com/news/432425-henry-kissinger-artificial-intelligence/

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: BOTS - Henry Kissingers spin on AI
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2018, 05:17:51 PM »
https://www.rt.com/news/432425-henry-kissinger-artificial-intelligence/

I read Then Atlantic article some weeks ago when I did my gloss on AI. It was from this and the anecdote on the AI that learned Go and defeated the masters that it became apparent that machine learning is utterly inscrutable with consequences we cannot begin to imagine.
As we turn the operation of increasingly complex systems over to artificial intelligences, to operate for the benefit of the .01 per cent, one can see how the Great Culling will take place rarely untouched by human hands.

But I've always been the sort of guy to look at the back of the book.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound