AuthorTopic: Diner-SUN☼ Possibilists  (Read 12595 times)

Offline Ashvin

• Red Psycho
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Diner-SUN☼ Possibilists
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2017, 05:23:15 AM »
That's about when he started writing for TAE also and became an Admin there.  Roel & Nicole must have read his work on Simple Planet.  I never did.  First of his stuff I read was on TAE, prior to his finding Jeezus in around 2013.  Then he started that short lived Fundy Blog.

RE

It's nice to know the memories of my past blogging endeavors live on!

Actually it's nicer to have those fond memories live on amongst fellow bloggers than the writings themselves. Looking back, it's easy to see how misguided my Doomer analysis and predictions were. I know this apostasy can never be forgiven in the Doomer circles, but it's true.

Eddie, a little weight is an understatement! I really need to update that picture as I have been in better shape lately. But I sprained my ankle playing basketball this week, so I'll probably gain it back shortly  :-\

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2017, 06:08:35 AM »
That's about when he started writing for TAE also and became an Admin there.  Roel & Nicole must have read his work on Simple Planet.  I never did.  First of his stuff I read was on TAE, prior to his finding Jeezus in around 2013.  Then he started that short lived Fundy Blog.

RE

It's nice to know the memories of my past blogging endeavors live on!

Actually it's nicer to have those fond memories live on amongst fellow bloggers than the writings themselves. Looking back, it's easy to see how misguided my Doomer analysis and predictions were. I know this apostasy can never be forgiven in the Doomer circles, but it's true.

Eddie, a little weight is an understatement! I really need to update that picture as I have been in better shape lately. But I sprained my ankle playing basketball this week, so I'll probably gain it back shortly  :-\

Watson! Gr8 2 C U!  :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

How goes the Lawyering?  What are you doing these days?  Did u get married?

Our words live on the Google Servers forever (well until the chip are vaporized when the Sun goes Red Giant anyhow).  You can't unthink or unwrite anything, even if you later come to not agree with yourself.  It's the legacy of your thinking if you chose to write it down.

I am fortunate in this area, I can go back to the oldest stuff I wrote on the net and can still search down (20 years back about), and I still agree with everything I wrote.  I have been very consistent in my thinking over these years.

Don't be a stranger.  Always interesting to here your latest POV.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Ashvin

• Red Psycho
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2017, 12:53:06 PM »
Quote from: RE link=topic=9070.msg127771#msg127771 date

Watson! Gr8 2 C U!  :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

How goes the Lawyering?  What are you doing these days?  Did u get married?

Our words live on the Google Servers forever (well until the chip are vaporized when the Sun goes Red Giant anyhow).  You can't unthink or unwrite anything, even if you later come to not agree with yourself.  It's the legacy of your thinking if you chose to write it down.

I am fortunate in this area, I can go back to the oldest stuff I wrote on the net and can still search down (20 years back about), and I still agree with everything I wrote.  I have been very consistent in my thinking over these years.

I don't see that as being fortunate for you, RE. You have just defined "confirmation bias" as it applies to you. I seem to remember quite a few predictions of imminent doom off your keyboard, I would hope you can at least admit those were misguided or premature or whatever.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2017, 02:32:25 PM »
I would hope you can at least admit those were misguided or premature or whatever.

I have acknowledged many times that my timeline wasn't correct at the beginning.  Trajectory remains correct however.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2017, 02:47:00 PM »
I would hope you can at least admit those were misguided or premature or whatever.

I have acknowledged many times that my timeline wasn't correct at the beginning.  Trajectory remains correct however.

RE

Technically speaking, trajectory is parabolic.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2017, 03:27:25 PM »

RE

Technically speaking, trajectory is parabolic.

Only idealized in a vacuum.  If the object is not symmetrical and/or rotating and/or fired into a headwind, it can take wildly different trajectories.

Collapse appears to be taking a "Seneca Cliff" trajectory.  This would be most akin to a "Knuckleball" trajectory in baseball.  They drop off the map in a hurry.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_npsLayG9s8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_npsLayG9s8</a>

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2017, 04:07:24 PM »
Straight up, straight down, details.....
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2017, 04:17:02 PM »
Straight up, straight down, details.....

Well of course.  What goes Up, must come Down.  "The Devil is in the Details.   :evil4:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Ashvin

• Red Psycho
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2017, 05:29:59 PM »

RE

Our priorities should be based on the timeline or the complete lack of one. Blogging about doom and only doom doesn't make much sense on a vague trajectory.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2017, 05:51:29 PM »

RE

Our priorities should be based on the timeline or the complete lack of one. Blogging about doom and only doom doesn't make much sense on a vague trajectory.

I disagree with that notion.

Take the example of a farmer who lives in a generally well watered neighborhood, but does not know precisely when a drought will come, other than he knows they do come periodically.

Would it be unproductive for this farmer not to discuss with other farmers in the neighborhood how they might prepare for the inevitable drought?  Build some cisterns maybe?  Would you advise said farmer to ignore that a drought is inevitable, since he has plenty of water right now and can't precisely predict when a drought will arrive?

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Ashvin

• Red Psycho
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2017, 06:01:35 PM »

RE

Take the example of a farmer who lives in a generally well watered neighborhood, but does not know precisely when a drought will come, other than he knows they do come periodically.

Would it be unproductive for this farmer not to discuss with other farmers in the neighborhood how they might prepare for the inevitable drought?  Build some cisterns maybe?  Would you advise said farmer to ignore that a drought is inevitable, since he has plenty of water right now and can't precisely predict when a drought will arrive?

RE

It would be unproductive for the farmer to do that all or even 90% of the time. This is what collapse bloggers mostly do - preach the Flood like Noah minus the revelation.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2017, 06:42:32 PM »

RE

RE

It would be unproductive for the farmer to do that all or even 90% of the time. This is what collapse bloggers mostly do - preach the Flood like Noah minus the revelation.

Well, if people aren't listening, you have to keep hammering down on the point until they do.  In the words of Illuminati Scumbag Winston Chuchill:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2017, 03:01:07 AM »
I am of the mindset to look at both points with the data I've collected.
Doom/collapse/change is all around us, 24/7-365. However so is resonate ascension. The ying-yang is a balanced field.

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2017, 03:19:24 AM »

Well, if people aren't listening, you have to keep hammering down on the point until they do.  In the words of Illuminati Scumbag Winston Chuchill:

I agree with Ashvin that it is a waste of a farmer's time to spend most of his time talking about an upcoming drought.  But RE is not a farmer.  RE cannot actually do all that much BUT talk/write.  So, it is a productive use of his time to write about topics that most people do not want to discuss, even though they are vitally important.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....