AuthorTopic: Diner-SUN☼ Possibilists  (Read 13136 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Diner-SUN☼ Possibilists
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2017, 01:06:15 PM »
God, how could I have possibly forgotten Ashvin?   :laugh:

He was fun.  Especially with Jeebus coming out of left field.  I knew him back when he was blogging before the Diner.  What was the title of his blog?

Watson (Ashvin) was an Admin on The Automatic Earth with Ilargi (Roel) and Stoneleigh (Nicole).

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2017, 01:07:19 PM »

He was fun.  Especially with Jeebus coming out of left field.  I knew him back when he was blogging before the Diner.  What was the title of his blog?

Watson (Ashvin) was an Admin on The Automatic Earth with Ilargi (Roel) and Stoneleigh (Nicole).

RE

Yeah, but he had a blog too..."simple" something I think? 

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2017, 01:29:03 PM »
In the digital age we are in, I think it is a good idea to keep up with the current "memes" that people are attracted to by using the internet. It tells us the flow of the society in mass, and even world wide. I spend a lot of time writing music, and working around the farm. I get on the internet and it is nuts! I hardly read the news anymore, it is just weird melodrama. I have been on Quora, and it is a pretty good platform for asking any question you want, ( censored of course ) and then answer if you want. I like it because I can feel the concerns that people are currently having. I am Buddhist so I am on a pretty small Buddhist forum. I was getting tired of looking for news on my channel here as the election got rolling. I have checked in multiple times to check out what "memes" that have caught the diner's attention. I don't comment much, everything is too complicated to put into words, and I have been out of society for about 31 years now, and spent most of it in silence.
HUMANS ARE STILL EVOLVING. BACKWARDS!

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2017, 01:34:17 PM »
In the digital age we are in, I think it is a good idea to keep up with the current "memes" that people are attracted to by using the internet. It tells us the flow of the society in mass, and even world wide. I spend a lot of time writing music, and working around the farm. I get on the internet and it is nuts! I hardly read the news anymore, it is just weird melodrama. I have been on Quora, and it is a pretty good platform for asking any question you want, ( censored of course ) and then answer if you want. I like it because I can feel the concerns that people are currently having. I am Buddhist so I am on a pretty small Buddhist forum. I was getting tired of looking for news on my channel here as the election got rolling. I have checked in multiple times to check out what "memes" that have caught the diner's attention. I don't comment much, everything is too complicated to put into words, and I have been out of society for about 31 years now, and spent most of it in silence.

Well I respect you for that life of inner spiritual dedication.  I toyed with the idea of checking into a monastery before I got married and procreated. 

Now I have to service the role of husband and father and a life in the robes is no longer practical.  Maybe when my kids grow up? 

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2017, 01:34:59 PM »
Ashvin is gaining a little weight, looks like. (I'm not outing him btw, his full name is all over the net.)

http://www.aplawg.com/attorney/ashvin-pandurangi/
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2017, 02:05:09 PM »
I forgot to mention Knarf, the only practicing Buddhist monk on the Diner. Once a prodigious news aggregator. Lives a simple life on a lovely rural retreat with a creek and lots of beautiful trees. Only works to support his meditation practice. A fellow swineherd.

Always welcome on the Diner.

We have left the world of common sense, and the news has become Kabuki theater. I don't want to turn on my car radio anymore. I haven't watched regular TV in about 15 years, although I occasionally watch some show online if my wife drags me into it. NPR is skewing anti-Trump. Drudge is a neo-con shithole. I wouldn't click on Breitbart if they paid me a dollar a hit. Google News is a desert. Newser is second rate. Reddit is worthless. Zero Hedge is skewing to the alt-right more every day.

I only follow news about MJ legalization anymore. The rest depresses me. Most of the memes out there depress me.

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2017, 02:10:56 PM »

I only follow news about MJ legalization anymore. The rest depresses me. Most of the memes out there depress me.

There is no shortage of news to be depressed about. 

I've got bamboo shooting!  Not sure if that is good news because when the temp drops back down and it snows next month the boo will be sorry it shot early. 

I look to have a bumper crop of shoots this year.  This is year four for about half of my bamboo.  Year five is when you can expect to have a full grove if your bamboo is healthy. 

Peaches and apples are blossoming as well.  I sure hope it doesn't freeze again...but I'll be shocked if it doesn't because it usually does.  But this year it has been abnormally warm. 

Offline Nearingsfault

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2017, 02:20:45 PM »
I am away from home this week.  A friend has tapped his trees and is already making syrup.  That is 3 weeks early.  He's very ambitious having dropped 30000 on a boiler and tubing for 1500 trees this year... https://www.facebook.com/Esson-Creek-Maple-Bramham-Family-Maple-Syrup-Operation-464233190450935/
This just shows you how hi tech syrup has become.  Agribusiness as well.
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2017, 02:22:05 PM »
Personally, I find all the Depressing Newz to be UPLIFTING!  :icon_sunny:  It all reinforces the fact I have been RIGHT!  :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

I visit the Google Newz Aggregator with ENTHUSIASM every day, since it makes it very Quick & EZ to find a Collapse Story to drop onto the r/gobalcollapse Newz Channel.  I hardly have to look anywhere else anymore!  Collapse is EVERYWHERE!

My Life's Work is Chronicling Collapse now, so none of this depresses me at all.  It's just more for me to write about and stay bizzy before I buy my Ticket to the Great Beyond.  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2017, 02:26:15 PM »
I am away from home this week.  A friend has tapped his trees and is already making syrup.  That is 3 weeks early.  He's very ambitious having dropped 30000 on a boiler and tubing for 1500 trees this year... https://www.facebook.com/Esson-Creek-Maple-Bramham-Family-Maple-Syrup-Operation-464233190450935/
This just shows you how hi tech syrup has become.  Agribusiness as well.

That's a lot of fancy equipment.

Offline Nearingsfault

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2017, 02:29:34 PM »
Yup.  Interest in maple bush has been picking up for the last few years.  They have had the lot forever and have decided to take the plunge.  The gear is incredible... and incredibly expensive.
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2017, 04:31:36 PM »

RE

Not prior to being Born Again and finding Jeezus far as I know.  That came in mid 2012 as I recall.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2017, 04:39:01 PM »

RE

Not prior to being Born Again and finding Jeezus far as I know.  That came in mid 2012 as I recall.

RE

No, he had a blog that was about economics and peak oil before he was born again with Jeebus.  I know because I was reading it.  This was around 2010.  I learned a lot about economics reading that blog, and that was before the Diner obviously.  I ran into him again on the Diner. 

I think his blog was called "Simple Planet." 

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2017, 04:46:46 PM »
It's still up. Nothing posted since 2011, which coincides with his law school graduation.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2017, 09:23:01 PM »
That's about when he started writing for TAE also and became an Admin there.  Roel & Nicole must have read his work on Simple Planet.  I never did.  First of his stuff I read was on TAE, prior to his finding Jeezus in around 2013.  Then he started that short lived Fundy Blog.

RE
Save As Many As You Can