AuthorTopic: Spelling & Grammar Gestapo Errata  (Read 1720 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Spelling & Grammar Gestapo Errata
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 03:34:37 AM »
Give up the Gonzo?  Not gonna happen.  That is what gives the Diner its unique personality.  :icon_sunny:

You win some and lose some with Gonzo. Such is life and the decisions we make. In the end it is the best to go what you feel is natural. ;)

Remember my Motto.

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

If the readers cannot figure out my Gonzo, I can't save them.  It's a form of triage.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Save As Many As You Can
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 03:44:13 AM »
I LOVE the "Master of Disaster" films of Roland Emmerich (RE  :icon_mrgreen:)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LFo67gEQVU4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LFo67gEQVU4</a>

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 06:05:36 AM »
Is that where you got the saying "save as many as you can"? 

SG question, should the question mark be inside or outside of the quotations?  Doesn't it depend? 

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 06:09:50 AM »

SG question, should the question mark be inside or outside of the quotations?  Doesn't it depend?

Yes, that is where it comes from.

SG, you got it right outside the quotations because "Save As Many As You Can" is a statement, but embedded in your question.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 06:22:47 AM »

Yes, that is where it comes from.

SG, you got it right outside the quotations because "Save As Many As You Can" is a statement, but embedded in your question.

RE

See now...college did teach me something...I suppose had I finished and not dropped out to pursue writing a book I'd be able to spell and punctuate better  :icon_sunny:

Offline monsta666

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 06:23:58 AM »
I always thought the tag-line: "save as many as you can" relates to the idea that you cannot convince everyone about the impending collapse. Some people are just too connected to the matrix. If on the other hand someone agrees with your points but misunderstands due to Gonzo language then I would argue that is a life missed as that person could have been saved as they agree with you but the only barrier isn't one of opinion but one of language. People do not, on the whole, change their opinions or outlooks on life so it is understandable how those people can't be saved. Language on the other hand is an easier barrier to overcome so for people to die because they do not understand RE's lingo is a pity...

Offline monsta666

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 06:29:48 AM »
See now...college did teach me something...I suppose had I finished and not dropped out to pursue writing a book I'd be able to spell and punctuate better  :icon_sunny:

You can try graduating from easily confused words test found on the grammar MONSTA website:

http://www.grammar-monster.com/tests/confused_words_test.htm

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2017, 06:35:57 AM »

You can try graduating from easily confused words test found on the grammar MONSTA website:

http://www.grammar-monster.com/tests/confused_words_test.htm

I scored a 26 out of 50, but I only got two answers wrong.   ;)

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 06:40:03 AM »
I always thought the tag-line: "save as many as you can" relates to the idea that you cannot convince everyone about the impending collapse. Some people are just too connected to the matrix. If on the other hand someone agrees with your points but misunderstands due to Gonzo language then I would argue that is a life missed as that person could have been saved as they agree with you but the only barrier isn't one of opinion but one of language. People do not, on the whole, change their opinions or outlooks on life so it is understandable how those people can't be saved. Language on the other hand is an easier barrier to overcome so for people to die because they do not understand RE's lingo is a pity...

There are tons of people who do not understand what I write because they only speak Chinese or Ruskie. I mainly can only reach English Speakers.  Then it whittles down from there to those who can grasp the metaphors and gonzo. Then they need to have a connection to the internet. Brings me down to a pretty small subset of the Human Population, but I still got a long way to go to even reach everyone within this category.  I mean really, right now maybe I reach a couple of thousand.  If I could make it to a couple of hundred thousand, I might actually be able to fund a SUN community!  I take it one day at a tiime.

RE
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 06:43:10 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
MOAR Roland Emmerich Classic Disaster & Destruction!
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 06:54:54 AM »
Where are the fucking Aliens when you need them?  Bye Bye Empire State Building!  Bye Bye White House!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/69dXGLaAGSc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/69dXGLaAGSc</a>

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN