AuthorTopic: THE WALL  (Read 2937 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
THE WALL
« on: February 27, 2017, 06:30:06 PM »
https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=b8e1b2a6876519ca0aedd748e1e491cf&tab=core&_cview=0

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/h_2KePdG7jE&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/h_2KePdG7jE&fs=1</a>
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: THE WALL
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 07:37:44 PM »
All in all, it's just another brick in the wall.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YR5ApYxkU-U" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YR5ApYxkU-U</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 02:20:58 AM »
This whole idea has to be a complete distraction to the public.
We have technology so exotic that a wall is a waste of material & labor.
If you build a wall than a roadway/highway has to be built as well.
Last I heard blacktop was $1,000,000.00 a mile.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 02:34:41 AM »
THE WALL will draw protestors like flies to sugar. It will be the circus event of '17,
like DAPL was in 2016.

RE,
Thanks for posting the Floyd vid. I saw those guys back in the day. Great show.
David Gilmore live 2016 Mex. City...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PU9RmjMLdIk&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PU9RmjMLdIk&fs=1</a>

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 02:41:32 AM »
This whole idea has to be a complete distraction to the public.
We have technology so exotic that a wall is a waste of material & labor.
If you build a wall than a roadway/highway has to be built as well.
Last I heard blacktop was $1,000,000.00 a mile.

But think of the hand jobs for loyal contractors. And the baksheesh.

Making America Great Again, one kickback at a time.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 02:46:23 AM »
THE WALL will draw protestors like flies to sugar. It will be the circus event of '17,
like DAPL was in 2016.

You can certainly count on there being plenty of protesters on the Mex side of the border, and unless they have the cooperation of the Mex Goobermint, what's to stop those protesters from sabotaging the construction?  Somehow I doubt that Mex Drug dealers and Human Traffickers for whom this wall would be an annoying obstacle are the Peaceful Prayerful types like the DAPL protesters.  They also have more access to handy stuff like C4 Plastic Explosives.  Or just a stick of Dynamite.

Given they also really are not going to builld a "wall" but more of a "fence", all someone would need after a section is put up is some heavy equipment to bulldoze it down.

It's the fucking stupidest idea since the self-driving car.

RE
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 02:48:01 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 02:54:30 AM »
It has to be a new way for the deep state to funnel money under the table.
Well, this topic is going to be on the short list for some time to come.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 02:59:16 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9VKVt4yuhI&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-9VKVt4yuhI&fs=1</a>

Offline John of Wallan

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 03:00:28 AM »
I am surprised the Mexicans don't want it too,
200 Years too late for them I suppose. It would have been north of the Texan border back then. (Pardon me if my Texan history is off.)

Here is my prediction:
If the wall does get built it will be used by Mexico to keep out the US economic refugees in 10 years time or so.

Just like the Levy Banks around New Orleans, a barrier can keep things in and out..
You have to be careful what you wish for...

JOW

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Great Wall that God Built
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 03:16:56 AM »
I am surprised the Mexicans don't want it too,
200 Years too late for them I suppose. It would have been north of the Texan border back then. (Pardon me if my Texan history is off.)

Here is my prediction:
If the wall does get built it will be used by Mexico to keep out the US economic refugees in 10 years time or so.

Just like the Levy Banks around New Orleans, a barrier can keep things in and out..
You have to be careful what you wish for...

JOW

I doubt FSoA economic refugees will be heading south to Mejico.  Climate issues and drought worse there than on this side of the border.

The Canucks have the bigger problem.  They need to build a 3000 mile wall to keep the FSoA refugees out.

Here in Alaska, we do not have this problem.  We have the MOUNTAINS in the Yukon Territory to keep OUT the fucking Hosers from Canada.

MOUNTAINS.  THE GREAT WALL THAT GOD BUILT TO PROTECT THE INDEPENDENT SOULS OF THE WORLD!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 03:41:46 AM »
2017-02-26 - Drought and global warming are forcing young Guatemalans to flee to the US, a harbinger of whatís to come throughout the world:
http://www.desdemonadespair.net/2017/02/drought-and-global-warming-are-forcing.html

Gotta' keep an eye on those Guatemalan's.

Offline John of Wallan

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 03:55:48 AM »
Yep. Nothing like a natural deterrent. Costs nothing, but like any obstacle it only slows people down.

Down here we have snakes, sharks, spiders and saltwater crocadiles made by you imaginary fiend to keep our imaginary enemies away, or at least keep them occupied for a while.

That was the plan in back 1942. Draw a line from Brisbane to Perth. That was the fall back line once the Japanese hit the North. Draw them out in hostile terrain and let the snakes and crocs clean up a few first. Offer little resistance, extend and harass supply lines and destroy all infrastructure. Was not much infrastructure up North in 42. Still not much in a lot of places. My Grandfather had a cane  farm in Tully, FNQ (Far North Queensland). They were told to burn everything on the farm and retreat South as soon as news of invasion came through. A couple of battalions, Malaria and New Guinea Mountains stopped them first. Apparently you yanks did some shooting too after Pearl Harbour.

Yep, longer term the Canagicans will need a wall for the reasons you describe.
Shorter term there may be a lot of people wanting to go South if commerce fails and then energy/ food/ water/ health care/ transport etc stops... all the tings in a modern fragile society which will grind to a halt when money stops flowing. Poorer rural communities I assume would be used to surviving off grid hence short term South migration...

JOW

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 04:10:47 AM »
Yep. Nothing like a natural deterrent. Costs nothing, but like any obstacle it only slows people down.

Down here we have snakes, sharks, spiders and saltwater crocadiles made by you imaginary fiend to keep our imaginary enemies away, or at least keep them occupied for a while.

That was the plan in back 1942. Draw a line from Brisbane to Perth. That was the fall back line once the Japanese hit the North. Draw them out in hostile terrain and let the snakes and crocs clean up a few first. Offer little resistance, extend and harass supply lines and destroy all infrastructure. Was not much infrastructure up North in 42. Still not much in a lot of places. My Grandfather had a cane  farm in Tully, FNQ (Far North Queensland). They were told to burn everything on the farm and retreat South as soon as news of invasion came through. A couple of battalions, Malaria and New Guinea Mountains stopped them first. Apparently you yanks did some shooting too after Pearl Harbour.

Yep, longer term the Canagicans will need a wall for the reasons you describe.
Shorter term there may be a lot of people wanting to go South if commerce fails and then energy/ food/ water/ health care/ transport etc stops... all the tings in a modern fragile society which will grind to a halt when money stops flowing. Poorer rural communities I assume would be used to surviving off grid hence short term South migration...

JOW

Mountains are a much more effective barrier than snakes and crocs, and that is why for instance the Afghanis were not conquered by Alexander the Great and why Switzerland was able to stay Neutral in WWII.  But swampland is a reasonably good barrier, so I won't argue that point with you much.

The idea you will get much net migration south to Mexico even in the medium term is ludicrous though.  That economy is near to the level of collapse as places like Venezuela and Brazil.  Nobody in their right mind would head south now, only North to Canada.

RE
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:13:07 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline John of Wallan

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 04:33:45 AM »
I will take your advice on that. You are closer to the action in that part of the world than me.

It will be interesting to see what is affected more by financial collapse. Failed states cant really  go down much further!

What?! No crocs in Switzerland!

I think it was just the Italians could not give a toss about fighting, and the Germans needed somewhere safe to keep their stolen gold...

:icon_mrgreen:

JOW

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Race to the Bottom
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2017, 04:46:33 AM »

It will be interesting to see what is affected more by financial collapse. Failed states cant really  go down much further!

Oh, most still have a long way to fall.  Even Venezuela hasn't got down to Somalia level yet.  Mexico not down to Venezuela level yet, Amerika not down to Mexico level yet.  Oz not down to New Guinea level yet.

It's a Race to the Bottom, but the bottom is not yet in sight.

RE

Save As Many As You Can