AuthorTopic: THE WALL  (Read 2796 times)

Online Nearingsfault

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: THE WALL
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2017, 12:43:12 PM »
I prefer conversations about borders than the supposed size of R.E.'s appendage. Should the thread regain some decent content then I will read it again.  English is a second language for me I mangle it all the time.
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: SG: "Than" vs "Then"
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2017, 01:41:41 PM »
If my Penis is bigger than yours, THEN women will be more attracted to me.
says that women will be more attracted AFTER they discover the if...  (and it's a big IF where you-know-who is involved)

This is the logic of If-Then.  'Then' happens AFTER the 'If' is fulfilled, even if the 'If' is only implied.
Capiche?  (Which means "So then, do you get it?")

If she unzips my pants, then out pops the Weasel!  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 02:14:51 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2017, 02:49:41 PM »
Alaska is well defended from the south I'll grant you that.  Care to guess how the historic owner of Alaska or a resource starved China would view it?

On the the other 3 sides we have Moats.  Pacific Ocean, Bering Sea and Arctic Ocean.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
Re: SG: "Than" vs "Then"
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 02:51:53 PM »
Isn't there a time aspect to "then" as well.  As in "and then I went over there with my big penis."
Essentially it's the same usage.  It's about movement in time where there is a comparison involved: "and then I went" says that you did it AFTER something.

If my Penis is bigger than yours, THEN women will be more attracted to me.
says that women will be more attracted AFTER they discover the if...  (and it's a big IF where you-know-who is involved)

This is the logic of If-Then.  'Then' happens AFTER the 'If' is fulfilled, even if the 'If' is only implied.
Capiche?  (Which means "So then, do you get it?")

NO, no capiche!  I say that to my kids..."capiche," after explaining things like how to not wipe boogers on shit. 

If then, and than a pennis...and what not...

I don't know...

Maybe I just won't use than and then anymore.   :laugh:

Offline John of Wallan

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2017, 02:17:31 AM »
No matter how serious the topic it always ends up in the gutter.

The horror the horror

JOW ;)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
THE WALL - Texas Border Towns May See First Sections of Trump’s Wall
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2017, 04:16:34 AM »
A report from the Department of Homeland Security stated south Texas border communities may be the first to receive sections of President Donald Trump’s planned wall.

A DHS planning document revealed sections of the Rio Grande Valley Sector to be considered as “high priority” areas for the first sections of the border wall. Those communities include the towns of Rio Grande City, McAllen, and Weslaco, the Washington Times reported Monday. Other priority areas identified include the El Paso, Tucson, and San Diego Border Patrol Sectors.

The prioritization is based upon the border’s proximity to urban areas that allow illegal immigrants to quickly disappear after crossing the border, according to the DHS document “made public” by Democrat staff members of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, the Washington Times stated.

The plan calls for an additional 100 miles of border wall to be added to the pre-existing 700 miles of fencing.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials cautioned these are preliminary plans and are subject to change.

Rio Grande City Mayor Joel Villarreal said his community is in favor of securing the border. He told the Washington Times he prefers a combination of technologies and physical barriers.

The mayor’s city is no stranger to the many problems created by an unsecured border. In September 2016, Breitbart Texas reported on the arrest of a Rio Grande City police officer who allegedly assisted drug smugglers in their efforts to rip-off Gulf Cartel smuggling shipments through the area. In April 2015, another Rio Grande City police officer ended up behind bars after Homeland Security Investigation special agents arrested him in a similar scheme. Breitbart Texas reported extensively on other border related crimes occurring in and around this tiny border town.

The mayor of Mission, Texas, scene of some of the largest numbers of illegal border crossings since 2014, said he looks forward to a wall. “Everyone who lives along the river is afraid,” Mayor Beto Salinas told the D.C. newspaper. “The best thing that could happen to us is that we go ahead and build the fence and see if we can stop some of the illegals from coming across. It’s not just one or two of them, it’s 20 or 30 of them at once, every night.”

The leaked document revealed preliminary plans to add 34 miles of border wall in the Rio Grande Valley and replacing 28 miles of barrier fencing in the San Diego area. Officials estimate spending nearly $1 billion in real estate acquisitions in the current fiscal year. In fiscal year 2018, which begins on October 1, plans call for building an additional 71 miles of border wall in the Rio Grande Valley, Tucson, and El Paso sectors at an estimated cost of $2.6 billion.

CBP spokesman Carsol Diaz clarified the FY 2018 spending, stating the $2.6 billion includes funds for technology and tactical infrastructure as well as border wall design and construction funding. “Specific details will accompany the release of the complete budget in mid-May,” Diaz told the Washington Times. “Until prototypes are completed and evaluated and design determinations are made, CBP cannot provide a more detailed estimate of the total cost of border barrier system.”

Bob Price serves as associate editor and senior political news contributor for Breitbart Texas. He is a founding member of the Breitbart Texas team.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/04/24/texas-border-towns-may-see-first-sections-of-trumps-wall/

I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind