AuthorTopic: For Whom the Bell Tolls  (Read 10903 times)

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: For Whom the Bell Tolls
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 05:22:13 PM »

So don't bet your Garden on it.  LOL.

Did you forget 2012 and the Mayans?  December is right around the corner. 

Just because, I say full-on collapse begins in earnest Dec 21. My garden should get me through at least 'till then.  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 05:24:28 PM »

This is the thing that I don't get and I have difficulty trying to comprehend why it is. You get seemingly intelligent folk who do get it, at least when it comes to individual facts such as peak oil, bank insolvencies and the general follies of perpetual growth etc. Yet these people have great difficulties connecting the dots together. I do not know why Tyler cannot see that expensive oil has contributed to this crisis and that this Spanish succession will have any meaningful impact on their economic woes.

Not just Tyler, Stoneleigh on The Automatic Earth also doesn't seem to make this connection too well.  Far as i know she still denies the relationship between the Credit Crisis and the Energy Crisis, DESPITE the fact she is "Expert" in both areas.  On an Economic Level, Elvis (Steve from Virginia on EU) pegs this the best despite some bizarre notions about "Fashion".  LOL.  Elvis and I had a big brawl over that one a while back here on the Diner before you joined up.

Anyhow, I think there are two factors at work here, first one is Cognitive Dissonance.  for many people, no matter how smart they are they cannot escape the Programmed Meme that Humanity is destined for ever greater Technological Feats and will eventually Colonize the Universe in Warp Driven Starships.  The idea that Humanity in fact is destined to return to Neolithic or even Paleolithic lifestyles does not Compute.

The second factor is Willfull Rejection, where people DO grasp this is underway but because it means just about everything they hold to be true is NOT true, they choose to reject it.  This I think would be the case with Tyler Durden, Karl Denninger and others who buy the Kapitalista Meme.  The whole structure of their arguments is built around this idea, so to ADMIT that there is an underlying and fundamental FLAW in the argument is to crash their ENTIRE world view.  This in fact is why I got into so many arguments with Karl and why he eventually Hit the Ban Button on me on Ticker Forum.

On a Political Level here in the FSoA, every Pol is bought and paid for by Korporate Kapitalists, and it is pretty much SACRILEDGE here in the FSoA to peg Kapitalism as BAD NEWZ.  Kapitalism brought us this Great Standard of Living!  Kapitalism spurs on Ingenuity and Entrepreneurs creating Railroads, Carz and I-Phones!  ANYBODY can grow up to be a Filthy Rich Kapitalista Pigman and have his own Private Jet and fuck a different Ford Model every night!

Nobody who is getting the BENNIES of this system will challenge its theoretical underpinnings no matter how smart they are.  Karl is a smart guy, almost as smart as ME.  LOL.  He cannot however let go of the justifications he has made for himself for being "successful" as an IT Engineer and Investor.  His life is predicated on that stuff.

So for general consumption at the moment, out there in the world of POWER and on the MSM, pretty much NOBODY speaks the Truth, even if they have figured it out.  The vast majority of people remain Clueless, they simply are not well enough educated or in most cases even smart enough to "connect the dots".  You just have a few people out there in this category, it's maybe .001% of the Population at the moment.  A smaller still subset of that group are DINERS.

However, hopefully we will continue to grow, to get the MESSAGE out and to....wait for it...

SAVE AS MANY AS WE CAN
RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 05:45:07 PM »
However, given we have all the bullshit going on between Israel and Iran, Japan and China etc and the fact on any given day in the next 6 years Los Angeles could slide into the Pacific Ocean or La Garita Caldera could blow ANOTHER 5000 Cubic Kilometers of Ejecta off Fish Canyon Tuff up into the atmosphere OR some MIT Genius' HFT trading program could blow a gasket OR we could get the Second Coming of Christ and the Gog and the Magog could descend from Heaven to go Mano-a-Mano here on Earth OR Reptilian Aliens could arrive with Space Freighters to Harvest  Human DNA, said Prediction may not hold to be Accurate.   :icon_mrgreen:

Did you forget 2012 and the Mayans?  December is right around the corner.

No, I didn't forget 12/21/2012.

In all likelihood, ALL the above mentioned will occur on 12/21/2012.  Along with a Meet Up with a Planet Killer Asteroid.  Definitely NOT a day to stop Sniffing Glue.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 06:02:09 PM »
@ Reply RE,Monsta66, Have much the same feelings you do about peak oil, but do not have a technical background so  I agree by instinct, common sense, and opinions of others and I can tell you gents something you are surely aware of but may be underestimating its psychological power.

You can take make my word for it that this fracking business has created a body of no energy problem forever cult people and is being heavily promoted by Wall St to keep the game going.

Big time touts, not the clowns, are talking how we are the new Saudi Arabia and they are serious and the public believes them. Only trying to explain why they feel the way they do and are so apathetic. Many are predicting a collapse in oil prices soon and talking about the fortunes coming from exporting natural gas. That is the problem, positive of it.

As to Karl, he is a big head, I read him daily and have made some great scores listening to his ideas. Whatever the reason you fought with him RE, don't ignore his blog, they don't come much smarter than him. Seems to me communications is his game though, so surprised you got shut out over oil quarrels.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 06:31:32 PM »
As to Karl, he is a big head, I read him daily and have made some great scores listening to his ideas. Whatever the reason you fought with him RE, don't ignore his blog, they don't come much smarter than him. Seems to me communications is his game though, so surprised you got shut out over oil quarrels.

I got Shut Out because Karl has an Ego Bigger than the Known Universe, and so do I.  :icon_mrgreen:  Occupying the same Virtual Space at the Same Time for two Infinitely Large Egos was proved by Einstein to be Impossible in Riemann Space.  It violates Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle also and Schrodinger's Cat gets a Hairball.  Had we gone on for even another Picosecond, Existence ITSELF would have Terminated for all Multiverses and God also.  It was close to the End of All Things.  Karl hit the Ban Button JUST IN TIME.  LOL.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: For Whom the Bell Tolls - Night Violence in Madrid
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2012, 03:54:30 AM »
'Surround Congress' Madrid clashes:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vZ8yNywAOEk?feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vZ8yNywAOEk?feature=player_detailpage</a>
just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2012, 04:10:20 AM »
  Thanks again. I still say what I said before when the miners marched on Madrid. They have balls. What do we have?  Nuthin. We got just damn NUTHIN. NO brains. NO balls. NO Heart. NO CFS. WHY ? How is it possible to respect Americans or America at all? Somebody? Puleese.. Did you see how many damn people came out? How many were there. What the Hell is wrong with this GOD FORSAKEN ROTTEN excuse of a country? Stand up you rotten cowards and I don't mean for Jesus!

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2012, 04:24:45 AM »
'Surround Congress' Madrid clashes:

What amazes/appalls me is that these folks don't go to these Protests better Prepped.

Numero Uno, they outnumber the Gestapo 10:1 easy here, probably 100:1. Plenty-o-BIG GUYS from the construction trades UE in this crowd.  Suit them up in Hockey Gear with some Baseball Bats and stick them on the Front Lines.

Why do they let the Gestapo drag off some random Protestor?  If 10 Gestapo swamp a protestor SWAMP THEM with 100!  They HAVE the NUMBERSUSE THEM!

Even in Spain, these folks are not yet aware enough to know this is Full On Class Warfare now.  Too many timid folks not stepping in whn somebody is getting BASHED by the Gestapo. NO!  Get in there and start BASHING some Gestapo Heads!  Make them think TWICE about defying the will of their Countrymen!  Make them EARN the Blood Money Paychecks they take from the Illuminati!  SWARM THEM and Beat the LIVING SHIT out of them.  Teach them a LESSON they will NEVER FORGET.  You GOT THE NUMBERS! DO IT!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2012, 04:33:11 AM »

Why do they let the Gestapo drag off some random Protestor?  If 10 Gestapo swamp a protestor SWAMP THEM with 100!  They HAVE the NUMBERSUSE THEM

Same thought was in the back of my mind while I watched th vid. I guess you just moved it to the front.   :icon_mrgreen:
just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 04:37:47 AM »
  Right ON RE: But what about the pusillanimous hypocritical halfbrains here. Nobody has backed up the OWers here one bit. Just let die damn it all. Just look on and let them be beaten to a pulp. Just look the other way lousy, lazy, bastard, retards. Just another home game with the home team against the little queers.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 04:54:56 AM »
  Thanks again. I still say what I said before when the miners marched on Madrid. They have balls. What do we have?  Nuthin. We got just damn NUTHIN. NO brains. NO balls. NO Heart. NO CFS. WHY ? How is it possible to respect Americans or America at all? Somebody? Puleese.. Did you see how many damn people came out? How many were there. What the Hell is wrong with this GOD FORSAKEN ROTTEN excuse of a country? Stand up you rotten cowards and I don't mean for Jesus!

Probably because there is still a certain amount of safety nets to help the oppressed survive, food stamps, unemployment insurance, food banks etc. Once these no longer exist, and it will happen, then you will get your mobs in the streets. There are of course many other factors at play in America, this is obviously just a partial answer.
There is also a big difference between taking to the streets with your neighborhood, a mass protest, or standing alone which could well be considered martyrdom in this situation. It has to be a group effort by it's very nature, an extremely large group. Most people want to stay alive, I certainly don't blame them.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2012, 05:05:50 AM »
I want to stay alive too. I would go if hundreds of thousands were going. I cannot even get the people around me, many of whom do go to the food pantries and get food stamps to discuss what is happening They don't want to know anything even when they do sense something  I simply cannot understand it..

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2012, 05:15:34 AM »
I want to stay alive too. I would go if hundreds of thousands were going. I cannot even get the people around me, many of whom do go to the food pantries and get food stamps to discuss what is happening They don't want to know anything even when they do sense something  I simply cannot understand it..
They have been dumbed down to a level where someone with your intellect can no longer comprehend the extent. Feel fortunate you weren't beaten into canon fodder like them.

When they get hungry and cold they will awaken and be looking for guidance from leaders. You will find they flock to you then for help, and that will be your clue that DD is on the current calendar.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: For Whom the Bell Tolls Hunger in Spain
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2012, 07:10:01 AM »
Karpatok, This will explain my prior answers to to your questions in much better detail.

Most fortunately, America is no where near this stage of misery YET.

Spain Recoils as Its Hungry Forage Trash Bins for a Next Meal

MADRID — On a recent evening, a hip-looking young woman was sorting through a stack of crates outside a fruit and vegetable store here in the working-class neighborhood of Vallecas as it shut down for the night.

At first glance, she looked as if she might be a store employee. But no. The young woman was looking through the day’s trash for her next meal. Already, she had found a dozen aging potatoes she deemed edible and loaded them onto a luggage cart parked nearby.

“When you don’t have enough money,” she said, declining to give her name, “this is what there is.”

The woman, 33, said that she had once worked at the post office but that her unemployment benefits had run out and she was living now on 400 euros a month, about $520. She was squatting with some friends in a building that still had water and electricity, while collecting “a little of everything” from the garbage after stores closed and the streets were dark and quiet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/25/world/europe/hunger-on-the-rise-in-spain.html?pagewanted=all&_moc.semityn.www

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2012, 07:52:48 AM »
 GO; Maybe in the counting house where you are still residing and the blackbirds are still flying because the pie has not yet been baked,you are just a mite out of touch. I, the princess of Rockwood Parkway, represent  not just the dead middle class, but the upper middle in its literal last gasp. This is a room in a transient hotel that asks no questions when you arrive. It is close to two hundred years old and houses many former prisoners,and present debtors and drug addicts. But now it is not even as full as when I came two and a half years ago. No, it is not a tent in a clearing in the woods or in a park, and my room has its own bathroom unlike most of the others. We,at present are inundated with bedbugs which as you may not know are nearly impossible to extinguish in a building that has almost no maintenance. The black slumlord owner is I believe, about to let it go, and where will we go then? To the shelter down the street? Last week, a man was shot in the parking lot over drugs which was rare for I have scared them from dealing in front of my door at four in the morning. Oh, food. For the time being, the princess still pays half her check to have her food delivered, but as you know, every week the price of food goes up. Does one hike more mean maybe that lone assasins bullet? I don't know. K