AuthorTopic: Diner Deviled Eggs Recipe  (Read 244 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Diner Deviled Eggs Recipe
« on: March 16, 2017, 06:51:06 AM »

I have concocted a NEW recipe for Deviled Eggs!

I will share with the Diners for FREE, although if I kept it Secret I would be a Billionaire within a year. lol.

I've been working on a new article for the SNAP Card Gourmet series, "The Endless Salad", but lord only knows when I will actually publish this.  I am so backed up now with articles it's ridiculous.  If I die tomorrow, it's probably 2-3 months of drafts on my usual current schedule of 2 articles/week.  One of the Admins will need to get in there to publish them, I am not setting them on automatic.  My Self-Obituary article went up automatic a couple of years ago, that was a major clusterfuck. lol.

Anyhow, the KEY to the Diner Devils is horseradish sauce and wasabi powder in with your mayonaise and mustard, and then substituting curry powder sprinkled on top instead of paprika for the final finishing touch.

Depends how many eggs and how big a batch you make, but general proportions are:

4 parts Mayo
1 part Spicy Mustard (Grey Poupon type)
1 part Horseradish sauce
Wasabi powder added to taste
Black Pepper added to taste

Mix and mash with the egg yolks, then scoop into the half egg containers.  You can make them prettier if you use a baking squeezer instead of a spoon.  Steam/Boil eggs no more than around 8 minutes so you don't dry out the yolks too much.  Finish by sprinkling on curry powder then decorate with sprigs of parsley or other favorite fresh green spices.  Thinly sliced green onions also a nice touch.

Some folks might want to add some pickle relish to the yolk mix, but I am not a big fan of that.

Even with my depressed appetite I can eat these and enjoy them, so they must be pretty good.  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Diner Deviled Eggs Recipe
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 06:53:21 AM »
Looks good. I like the relish. India relish is the best, but hard to come by anymore.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.