AuthorTopic: Elites To Save The World - Even If It Kills Us  (Read 1158 times)

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Elites To Save The World - Even If It Kills Us
« on: September 30, 2012, 09:00:26 PM »
Diners,

I love and am mystified sometimes by Alt-Market. What follows is an article by Rretta @ Franklincountyvapatriots.com   Elites To Save The World - Even If It Kills Us. I don't disagree with the premise that geoenginneering is a VERY BAD IDEA. Two things though, are the writer's claim that global warming is a hoax, and Elite are attempting to prevent us from using fossil fuels. It is one thing to say global warming as a theory is flawed, as RE has with his Geotectonic Ocean Heat Transfer Theory (hypothesis)http://www.doomsteaddiner.net/blog/2012/04/02/geotectonic-ocean-heat-transfer-theory/] [url]http://www.doomsteaddiner.net/blog/2012/04/02/geotectonic-ocean-heat-transfer-theory/[/url]. Rretta isn't referencing that though, Rretta is calling global warming a hoax, which is also implying that climate change has not become self-evident. Rretta's talkin' about shadowy New World Order types on the LEFT, exclusively. Because in Rretta's world the elite are conspiring to prevent us from using fossil fuels, NOT fostering their use AT ALL COSTS.

Which is funny, because then I think Rretta doesn't go near far enough in condemning geoengineering as described, as I personally think it should be punishable by DEATH, as such thinking is so wantonly enamored of it's own genius, the same sort of genius that gave us nuclear and relentlessly calls for more, because it is "renewable". DEATH, because they put so many and so much at risk, thinking they can FIX the symptoms while doing nothing about cause. One more god-damned existential threat to deal with.

So anyway, an article that supports the Illuminati so often spoken about here, as long as they are on the RIGHT, rape the earth laissez faire trickle down oligarch types. 

I'm just pointing it out. What do you think?

http://www.alt-market.com/articles/1067-elites-to-save-the-world-even-if-it-kills-us

Elites To Save The World - Even If It Kills Us
Friday, 28 September 2012 11:48 Frankilincountyvapatriots.com

This article was written by Rretta and originally published at Franklincountyvapatriots.com

A small group of  climate scientists, financed by billionaires, including Bill Gates, are lobbying governments and international bodies (U.N.) to back experiments to manipulate the world’s  climate.  Apparently they don’t care that global warming has been proven to be a scam or that their manipulation of climate could cause massive deaths world wide.

Geoengineering which has been pushed by the world’s elite to control our food,  our population, and our weather,  is now no longer just a talking point or computer model, it is fashionable – the in thing – the way to save the world from global warming that doesn’t exist.

These scientists, who advocate geoengineering methods such as spraying millions of tons of reflective particles of sulphur dioxide thirty miles above the earth are arguing that a “plan B” for climate change will be needed if the U.N. and politicians don’t get it together and introduce carbon taxes.   Sounds like blackmail to me.  You either force the earth’s population to live without fossil fuels or we’ll kill you with chemicals sprayed in the atmosphere.  What a choice!

Geoengineering is opposed by many environmentalists but not because they fear killing off the world’s population – they are worried that it could undermine efforts to force us to live without fossil fuels.   Developing countries however, have a rational fear that it could  be used as a weapon against them.

The UK Guardian reports that concern is growing that this small group of scientists, backed by some of the world’s richest “elite” may have a disproportionate effect on major decisions about geoengineering research and policy.   “The stakes are very high and scientists are not the best people to deal with the social, ethical or political issues that geoengineering raises” according to Doug Parr, chief scientist at Greenpeace.  “The idea that a self-selected group should have so much influence is bizarre.”

Other wealthy “elite” backing the project are Richard Branson who helped fund the Royal Society’s inquiry into solar radiation management through his Carbon War Room charity, Murray Edwards, and  Niklas Zennstrom, co-founder of Skype.

Professors David Keith of Harvard and Ken Caldeira of Stanford are the world’s two leading advocates of major research into geoengineering the upper atmosphere to provide earth with a “reflective shield.”  So far Gates has given them over $4.6 million to run the Fund for Innovative Climate and Energy Research. No conflict of interest here. Keith who receives yearly  money from Bill Gates,  is the president and majority owner of a geoengineering company – Carbon Engineering -  in which Bill Gates and magnate Murray Edwards both have major stakes to the tune of about $10 million.

It also turns out that David Keith and Ken Caldeira and Professor Granger Morgan, the head of the department of engineering and public policy at Carnegie Mellon University where Keith works, have sat on 7 panels, including one U.N. panel.

This clique is planning to release massive amounts of toxic sulfate particles from a large balloon hovering at 80,000 feet over Fort Summer, New Mexico to replicate the effects of a volcanic eruption to decrease  sunlight reaching the earth.  Keith says their objective is not to alter the climate but “probe the processes at a micro scale” and “the direct risk is very small.   After this story came out in the UK Guardian,  David Keith responded that the group was only “exploring the possibility” and “hadn’t written a proposal to actually release particles.”   Who do we believe?  My money is on the press this time.

Pat Mooney, Executive Director of the geoengineering watchdog ETC Group, a Canadian environmental protection organization, says that “impacts” of the release of sulfate particles “will do noting to decrease levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere or halt ocean acidification.  And solar geoengineering is likely to increase the risk of climate related international conflict, given that the modeling to date shows it poses greater risks to the global south.”

Sulfate particles are toxic and constitute the very same type of ambient particular matter (PM) that the EPA calls noxious air pollutants.  Deliberately spraying the atmosphere with tiny particles of sulfate, or for that matter any material, could pose a hazard to both human and animal populations, and the soil, water, etc.

Sulfate particles from acid rain can cause harm to the health of marine life in the rivers and lakes it contaminates and can result in mortality.  Heavy metals can slow development, and result in birth defects.  Suspended particles in freshwater reduces the quality of drinking water for humans as well as aquatic environment for marine life.

Blocking the sun’s rays with reflective particles will deprive humans of natural sunlight exposure which is a primary source for naturally generating health promoting Vitamin D in the body.

So what is Bill Gates and his ilk expecting to get from all this?  Money,  lots more money.  It is beginning to look like Bill Gates is shoving Big Al Gore off the cliff in his attempt to rule the world – at least the environmental world.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Elites To Save The World - Even If It Kills Us
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 09:53:30 PM »
When I have time (not much anymore) I also read Alt-Market, and in fact I occassionally publish some of Brandon Smith's articles here on the Diner.  However, I have become somewhat disenchanted with the spin on Alt-Market overall, which is kind of Libertarian Kapitalism peppered with Survivalism.

There seem to me to be a few factors playing out in the argument over Climate Change.  There is a big dose of Denial amongst many, there is a lot of questionable science being funded by BOTH sides here, there are Academics who have their Life's Work and Reputation STAKED on their theories, and finally there are people seeking to make Political and Economic Hay out of the arguments.

HAARP theories notwithstanding, I really do not think that the Illuminati can control the Weather or Geological events like Volcanic eruptions and Earthquakes, the energies required are simply too large.  They might be able to set off an Earthquake in an already unstable zone with a small input of directed energy, but not CREATE the quake.  Similarly, they might be able to get an unstable airmass off the coast of Africa organized up enough to form a Hurricane, but they can't direct it to hit a specific location.

The Earth is CLEARLY more Geologically and Atmospherically unstable than it was even just 30 years ago, anybody who has followed the news over the years knows this.  A whole slew of scientists have staked their reputations on PROVING this is resultant from the burning of Fossil Fuels.  Then others seek to make a PROFIT off of this changing climate.

Thing is here, given the energies involved there really is not much we can do about this NOW, even IF it is Fossil Fuel burning causing the changes primarily, which I doubt.  The best we can really do is to PREPARE to live in a changed world, but that first off admits the world is changing in this respect, and second it admits that not a whole lot of people will survive it either.

The fundamental DENIAL going on here is about the Die Off that is coming down the pipe here.  Ideologues from all sides want to blame this on their favorite Punching Bag.  Greenies target Industrialist who are Poisoning the Planet, Industrialists target Greenies who are "preventing" them from solving the world's problems with still more Technological Solutions.  Both sides are missing the boat.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 08:21:14 AM »
When I have time (not much anymore) I also read Alt-Market, and in fact I occassionally publish some of Brandon Smith's articles here on the Diner.  However, I have become somewhat disenchanted with the spin on Alt-Market overall, which is kind of Libertarian Kapitalism peppered with Survivalism.

There seem to me to be a few factors playing out in the argument over Climate Change.  There is a big dose of Denial amongst many, there is a lot of questionable science being funded by BOTH sides here, there are Academics who have their Life's Work and Reputation STAKED on their theories, and finally there are people seeking to make Political and Economic Hay out of the arguments.

HAARP theories notwithstanding, I really do not think that the Illuminati can control the Weather or Geological events like Volcanic eruptions and Earthquakes, the energies required are simply too large.  They might be able to set off an Earthquake in an already unstable zone with a small input of directed energy, but not CREATE the quake.  Similarly, they might be able to get an unstable airmass off the coast of Africa organized up enough to form a Hurricane, but they can't direct it to hit a specific location.

The Earth is CLEARLY more Geologically and Atmospherically unstable than it was even just 30 years ago, anybody who has followed the news over the years knows this.  A whole slew of scientists have staked their reputations on PROVING this is resultant from the burning of Fossil Fuels.  Then others seek to make a PROFIT off of this changing climate.

Thing is here, given the energies involved there really is not much we can do about this NOW, even IF it is Fossil Fuel burning causing the changes primarily, which I doubt.  The best we can really do is to PREPARE to live in a changed world, but that first off admits the world is changing in this respect, and second it admits that not a whole lot of people will survive it either.

The fundamental DENIAL going on here is about the Die Off that is coming down the pipe here.  Ideologues from all sides want to blame this on their favorite Punching Bag.  Greenies target Industrialist who are Poisoning the Planet, Industrialists target Greenies who are "preventing" them from solving the world's problems with still more Technological Solutions.  Both sides are missing the boat.

RE

A picture worth ten thousand words...

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 04:42:17 PM »
A picture worth ten thousand words...

Speaking of dancing 'round the maypole in autumn, aziz over at azizonomics blog, cross-posted by Tyler Durden over @ zero hedge, wrote a nice piece about potential war in Iran. Word is, from CNN, 60% of Americans want to go to war in Iran, over nukes. 71% apparently, think Iran already has a nuke. I don't trust CNN though, the warmongers that they are, though I don't put it past Americans to accept another tax cut to wage WWIII. Subconsciously, the death cult rises to destroy America. LOL. Kunstler was on point today like I haven't seen him in awhile. Made me laugh...

Just about everybody seems to be missing that boat. Notwithstanding how much we are being conditioned for apocalypse. If you were evil and ruled the world, what would bring you more satisfaction than to see humanity tear itself apart, and the earth in the process?  :evil4:  Fuckin evil bastards. Fuck em. I'm going to put hoop houses all over my corner lot, so anyone can see I'm growin food all winter.   :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Chloe

• Contrarian
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »
Just about everybody seems to be missing that boat. Notwithstanding how much we are being conditioned for apocalypse. If you were evil and ruled the world, what would bring you more satisfaction than to see humanity tear itself apart, and the earth in the process?

Exactly!  Take your pick of the Apocalyptic ideas out there ... Armaggedon, 2012, nuclear disaster, third world war, environmental collapse, economic collapse ... it has a sort of centrifugal force to it, keeping you almost paralysed.  Rather like when you're on a plane at takeoff ... you just don't think about leaving your seat at that moment.   Or - it can feel a bit like re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic after it hit the iceberg ... as if we're waiting for something.  What if there IS no immense 'die-off'/massive change; just the the 'NWO' coming about; and everyone's so busy waiting/preparing for disaster, we let our attention slip from it?  (Or we think the 'NWO' is a sort of done deal?  It's a kind of learned helplessness ... 'they're' so powerful, we don't even think about our own power ...)